• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P Metaknight= 8-1-09=go to results thread for further info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow, Tallman's an IV nazi?

I STILL don't see why perfect IVs are even banned, considering that they are completely legit to attain in the game.

The programs and such that Magik linked to are only tools that make the process much easier and less time consuming, much like the PokeSav.

Perfect IVs are possible; they are quite easy to get in game (proof is in that thread Magik linked); they should NOT be banned.

Besides, think of the time you'd save from having to look through Pokemon stats to see if they're perfect IVs or not.

Finally, if Magik went out his way to actually hatch/catch Pokemon in such a fashion to get perfect IVs on his Pokemon's stats, I'd say he deserves to use them in tournament, since he put in the effort to get them in such a way. It's unfair that he has to "dumb down" his Pokemon just because of some absurd ruling.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Heytallman and I will be overseeing the Pokemon tournament.

We'll check how legit pokes are just by looking at them, I.E. if it's something like an Aerodactyl in any other ball that's not a pokeball you know it's hacked. There's plenty of ways to just look at them and see if they're hacked, also they'll be put through an IV calculator to look for straight 31 IVs.

We're not saying we'll catch every hacked poke, but we'll do our best.

Heytallman has stated PokeSAVd pokes will not be legal, but as long as they're not mega hacked I don't see anything wrong with them. Though that isn't my call so you would have to ask him.

We'll be using Smogon's rule set and OU - NU tier list. It will be double elimination, but you play your opponent 1 game only, not best 2-3.

Heytallman's info post about this tournament can be found on page 7 :)
Thank you very much! I look forward to helping out. I'll keep my eye out for Bull **** and get the matches going.

OK magik, after reading up on that thread you posted, I've made a decision.

That thing is bull****.

Honestly, to me, it's on the same level as hacking. You're using an outside program to manipulate in game events or whatever. And if I saw Pokemon with perfect or **** close to perfect stats, I'd assume they were hacked, as many people would.

But, look on the bright side, if no one asks for a hack check, you'll be fine. But if all your stuff is like, perfect, I'd consider getting some new guys. People might lose, be bitter, then ask for a hack check.

Also, I'll add those items to the banned list, and fix the typo on Freeze clause. Thanks for that.

While that may be a good idea, do know that there are pokemon (pretty much anything that can be hatched) that are nearly impossible to proven hacked. As long as no one actually believes that a 3-5 more IV points made any sort of difference in their match, and there are no uber obvious illegal hacks, I think this will run quite smoothly.

outside program? a action replay never even touches the game no third party software

unless you are talking about the RNG reporter the computer program, but many breeders use computer programs such as IV calculators, this isnt any different, in fact thats exactly what it is, a IV calculator

Also i have breed flawless pokemon even before the RNG abuse was discovered

also, i can offer my services for the hack checking as well, i have a computer program that will allow me to check if a pokemon is hacked or not, and i know alot about illegal movesets and event pokemon, as well as IV generation for Method 1 Pokemon though PID
Good to know, as Illegal movesets are the most commonly missed hacks that are ban worthy. :)

Well from what I gathered from the thing, you're using this program to determine where a hidden counter in game is so you know how many steps you need to take or whatever to get a pokemon with perfect IVs.

And as I said before, if someone questions a Pokemon and the IV's are perfect or rreally close, I'd have to assume hacked.

And if you don't like the rules, don't enter. I'm a tyrant. Boom. Accept it. Face it. My (side) tournament, my rules.

And if I need help hack-checking a Pokemon, I'll ask you if need be. And I know about illegal moves and events and stuff too.
Hahah. That may have been a little much, dude. If you think that it's unfair to people who can't pokesav, then there are several SAVers who would gladly make pokeys for you. Lets not make this sound like it will turn into a witch hunt for pokemon with good/great IVs. :ohwell: Perfect and near perfect IVs are possible to get in game with out a cheating device. People do it all the time.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I am comin for this one.
The Sonic board has some awkward grudge/urge to beat you in a money match.

I don't know why, but whatever. Because of this, I think a possible money match is in order?
I'm a scrub, so it's free money for you.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Espy go to bed, u gotta get me in the morning >_>

ps

im gonna mm ally also

im a scrub also

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TO ALL:

if 80+ show up(which will happen) i will be doing pools. Do i have any body WANTING to run a pool(pool leader)?

Xyro77

thanks zac! ill put you down for 1 but if there are left overs i can sign you up for two. Ive had to do 2 pools before.

Trela

Smash Lord
I'm REALLY looking forward to playing all the OOS players! This time, imma try and record ALL of my matches with them and even try to get some of them livestreamed (my family will be watching me).

I'm also looking forward to playing RT and Jerm! I dont wanna let that Lucario SCRUB get 3-0 with me in Tournament, and I dont wanna lose to Jerm anymore :p

=Trela=

Xyro77

Ok it seems alot of you are steppin up to run pools, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Is there any OOS/OON players i am missing on the front page? Go look and help me out

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
**** what yea heard. I'm coming, I should be in the power rankings, if I remember correctly RT is the big asian guy who looks like a pedo and laughs everytime he comboes. If that's the dude then I should make a splash.

BTW Snake's beware.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
**** what yea heard. I'm coming, I should be in the power rankings, if I remember correctly RT is the big asian guy who looks like a pedo and laughs everytime he comboes. If that's the dude then I should make a splash.

BTW Snake's beware.
Pedo? I'll show you pedo...

I'm REALLY looking forward to playing all the OOS players! This time, imma try and record ALL of my matches with them and even try to get some of them livestreamed (my family will be watching me).

I'm also looking forward to playing RT and Jerm! I dont wanna let that Lucario SCRUB get 3-0 with me in Tournament, and I dont wanna lose to Jerm anymore :p

=Trela=
I'm trash. Anything to the contrary is a lie.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dang, looks like it's gonna be big. TX better hold this **** down! Good thing I'm not gonna be there, I'd get ***** and then people would know that I'm terrible *phew*.

Xyro77

Well since MikeHaze is teamin with Ally. That means UTD and Lee or Razer and Flip are the BEST bets for top 3. Who knows.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Atomsk and I are greatly interested in HOBO 18. It would be splendifirous if MK was allowed in doubles due to being clearly worse than Game and Watch and Wario in doubles. :)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!!

Hold up now, Team Scrub is gonna win this (I know I am a **** liar <_<)

Yea, maybe Flip and Razer can pull the upset though.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I call teaming with razer to beat that crap. Lee can have Flip... though I havent heard anything from Lee in quite some time... idk if he's is even going still. Or if he is using Lucario anymore =(

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Game and Watch and Wario are 1st and 2nd best in doubles, imo, and a lot of people agree. I see no reason to ban MK in teams. The only reason would be to keep a standard, which is lame.

Alan told me he's allowing MK in teams and he said he'll have low tiers and team with me for that, so...yeah...I'm definitely hitting up HOBO 18. I'll win doubles and then attach myself to DugFinn for the rest of the weekend LOL. She's way too fun.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Ok it seems alot of you are steppin up to run pools, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Is there any OOS/OON players i am missing on the front page? Go look and help me out
*Goes and cries in the corner* :(

Why does no one ever pay attention to WEEGEE?

EDIT: ALLY?!? Oh ****, time to add another top player to the ol' Misfire-Kill List...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom