• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 16(no meta) RESULTS: Videos are up!!!! First post.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
It's better than having 6/8 metas, but I think it's obvious that the best players will place well with their chosen characters, as long as that character isn't stupidly handicapped.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You have to keep in mind though... it would've been really hard for the Marths and a Sheik to make it so high with MKs running rampant.

All that matters to me is this:

3. PhantomX (Wario)
5. Hylian (GW)

I TOLD YOU IT WAS COMING, MUAHAHAHA.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You have to keep in mind though... it would've been really hard for the Marths and a Sheik to make it so high with MKs running rampant.

All that matters to me is this:

3. PhantomX (Wario)
5. Hylian (GW)

I TOLD YOU IT WAS COMING, MUAHAHAHA.
There's a first time for everything :).

Good job.

Fun tournament, I'm off to work. Shoutouts later.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Whats funny is that right after you I had to play Broly, lol

Shout outs later.
Guess what, before I had to fight you, I had to fight take. And then if I had beaten you, I would have to fight Broly as well. That means there was a potential for three good Marths in a row. Marth minefield...

I'd rather fight MKs, because Marth is ugh. :ohwell:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's better than having 6/8 metas, but I think it's obvious that the best players will place well with their chosen characters, as long as that character isn't stupidly handicapped.
The mk's didn't place much worse if any without the character they actually practice with. You're happy with the variety? Practically all of the top 8 is either diddy or game and watch. Honestly this tournament looks about the same as all the other ones. Same people are placing relatively equal and same character diversity in the top places.
would yall please die? you dont know anything.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
1: Razer (snake/diddy)
2: Gnes (Diddy/dedede)
3: Phantom X (wario)
*4: Dojo (diddy/kirby)
5: Utd Zac (GW)
5: Hylian (GW)
7: FlipHop (diddy)
*7: Dphat (marth)
9: Espy (sonic)
9: Mr 3000 (Sonic)
9: Cy (wario)
9: Broly (marth)

makes me smile

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Phantom, romeo placed 9th at hobo 15. Romeo is just a good player, with questionable tactics when he is loosing. lol

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
1: Razer (snake/diddy) - You know I'm your hero! good job little man!

2: Gnes (Diddy/dedede) - MURRRR

3: Phantom X (wario) - Wow, just wow, you've gotten so much better, like no joke. you went from trash to 3rd place, good job dude

*4: Dojo (diddy/kirby) - I love you for missing prom to come see us! :) and i also just love you in general

5: Utd Zac (GW) gg's dude, still disappointed i SD'd 4 stocks, but still i got outplayed and lost gj on 5th!

5: Hylian (GW) - again, wow you did really **** well this tournament! shame about low tiers, maybe we just don't have the chemistry in teams, don't worry though I'll get you a liter of Dr.Pepper
when i get back from california in august :p

7: FlipHop (diddy) - you were at this tournament!? lol <3

*7: Dphat (marth) - we still didnt play LOOOOLL!!

9: Espy (sonic)
9: Mr 3000 (Sonic) - good **** repping low tiers guys!!

*13: Romeo (falco/snake) - told you to come, and what happened? you actually did well! meta is gay /discussion

*13: Light (sheik) - MURRRRRR when was the last time i played you? lol

13: Xyro (SAMUS!!!!) - im allan i play samus.

13: Royr (marth) - <3

17: Gea (peach) - peach chat, ***** chat, chat chat too good (needle ***** ftl)

17: Badnewsbear (marth/pika) - mah boy van jonesssss i found the bandanna!

25: Sethlon (marth) - please stick with marth, LOL!

25: Phoenix Alpha (lucas) - WOW gg's dude! they were too fun! glad you could make it ellen degeneres!

25: Bwett (yoshi) - always outplacing me by that ONE SPOT!!!!! lol we did well in teams though! can't wait to play you when i get back, maybe then i can take your title! :p
if i'm still playing yoshi that is

33: Praxis (peach) - we never finished our money match!!!! we're still 1-1!!!!

33: Seiya (pit) - dear god, i'll keep you posted on the concert information!!!!11!

33: TallMan (lucas) - hai

49: Esca (pit/ "falcon") - baby i looooveeee you!!!

49: TakeUrLife (marth) - where'd you disappear to this tournament??

65: Swine Flu - there can be only one!

Edit: listen up!!

this is my last tournament here for a long while (3 1/2 months) as im going to socal in a few weeks, wish me luck out there all! and when i get back maybe i'll be winning hobos......LOL

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ah, I talked to someone and they said he'd placed better at this, guess they were wrong.

Stop being mean to me Jerm.

@Furbs LOL, it's so true! Look at the last MK-less HOBO. My placing was amazing. Dead... ****ing... last. I like this more.

Nike.

Smash Hero
This tourny was mad fun. The venue was very impressive. College Station smashfests are crazy good! Shoutouts later, im really tired

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hm I'll just say. I got CPed hard by people who mained MK. They still play mad gay without MK. Oh well it happens...

SHoutouts
Gnes- Dude my bad about teams. Our chemistry lost the minute we did teams. I'll be sure the pick up the slack.
Razer- You lost on brinstar with snake. NEVER CP me doofus
PX- good stuff man. LL MM one day... One day
Dojo- should've went diddy dittos like I expected ._.

I'm tired from shoutouts. everybody gets a fliphop shoutout :D

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Hm I'll just say. I got CPed hard by people who mained MK. They still play mad gay without MK. Oh well it happens...

SHoutouts
Gnes- Dude my bad about teams. Our chemistry lost the minute we did teams. I'll be sure the pick up the slack.
Razer- You lost on brinstar with snake. NEVER CP me doofus
PX- good stuff man. LL MM one day... One day
Dojo- should've went diddy dittos like I expected ._.

I'm tired from shoutouts. everybody gets a fliphop shoutout :D
DANG i know i gayed it up on Corneria but Dojo gayed you too? DANG!!!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol Luigi's was gay Flip. I thought I'd return the favor on Nofair. ;)

This tourney was extremely hard for me. It was nerve wrecking the whole time. I had so many close matches. I had fun though. I'm glad I went.

Ain't so tough without Meta... Allan get out.

Xyro77

Lol Luigi's was gay Flip. I thought I'd return the favor on Nofair. ;)

This tourney was extremely hard for me. It was nerve wrecking the whole time. I had so many close matches. I had fun though. I'm glad I went.

Ain't so tough without Meta... Allan get out.
you aint. fact. im willing to MM your diddy to prove that ****. I have jimboooo practice, *****!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
RIP Corneria and Luigi's Mansion. You will live on in our hearts.

Well, not mine. But I know some people miss them.

I guess Norfair is the next stage to focus on.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Xyro.. most people dont do well without there main. Even with the disadvantage, he placed 4th. He's still pretty tough.

And about norfair and snake.. his down throw ***** there. Rainbow cruise stops snake.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
norfair stops snakes. it stays.
Norfair encourages running away. A few people encountered this at the tourney...

But whatever, we'll see how it works out.

Xyro77

$20. Best of 5. Livestream. Next Hobo. I'm going to **** your world up.
*isnt afraid*

Norfair encourages running away. A few people encountered this at the tourney...

But whatever, we'll see how it works out.
running away will happen on all stages. deal with it. lets worry about getting rid of metaknight first then deal with far less important/effective strats

And about norfair and snake.. his down throw ***** there. Rainbow cruise stops snake.
toon link may do better on rainbow cruise but samus does WAAAAY better on norfair

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But I thought that was the point of voting on only 10 CP stages? Norfair wasn't part of the top ten. Then Norfair was added because you and Hylian agreed it should be included. So what was the point in us voting anyways...? :ohwell:

Not trying to cause problems, but I'm just saying, it makes no sense.

Xyro77

But I thought that was the point of voting on only 10 CP stages? Norfair wasn't part of the top ten. Then Norfair was added because you and Hylian agreed it should be included. So what was the point in us voting anyways...? :ohwell:

Not trying to cause problems, but I'm just saying, it makes no sense.
cause it was very close in votes anyways. go back some pages and check it out. that and pirate ship was close.

Top Bottom