• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 16(no meta) RESULTS: Videos are up!!!! First post.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
the cool thing is. These results are just a HINT at WHAT COULD happen if meta was banned. Man i love seeing a VARIED results list

CY

Smash Ace
tourney was fun lol, i was so tired the whole time though. and omg PX almost brought it back 2 times in a row to beat razer and zac for atleast 3rd in teams lol... it was so sick. i wish i played a little better in those rounds *cry*

i'll do shoutouts later.

heytallman

CTALL
I will post shoutouts later, posting to subscribe.

Having two sets of doubles running at the same time = not a good thing. And a Random Character tournament would be hilariously fun.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
O.o No...the thing is...the top 10 doesn't surprise me that Meta is gone. I'm REALLY not surprised. It's still other top/high tier characters. It's like...if you take Fox out of Melee, you'll get more variety in the top 10. Why? 'cuz as broken as Marth is...he's definitely not as annoying as Fox. (even though they are equally broken.) You still have Snake/Diddy/G&W in there.(How many of THOSE did I see?) That didn't surprise me. Even the Sonic mains don't surprise me.

All of the Meta Mains still made top 15. (I know you were talking about variety, but it's not surprising)

Xyro77

Rain(ame) said:
All of the Meta Mains still made top 15. (I know you were talking about variety, but it's not surprising)
DOJO got 4th

light and romeo got 13th

yea without meta they aint so tough. plus it allows characters like sonic and whatever to place where they would NORMALLY had meta ben banned. of course diddy/gw/snake/falco/ddd will place high but after that you see some GOOD variety

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Jerm is TX's hero of time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeYDIEh9dpk

So Jerm, ya got in a FF dair on meh in teams, as well as some well-placed fsmashes after my partner died (...er, after I killed him lol. xD we needz moar team practice). From solely these happenings, if you think that your :link2: is better than mine (like apparently GHNeko does...), MM me pl0x. Next PnT I go to will be in June, so that's where you'll find meh. :)

Edit: You're EASILY the best TL in TX though, Jerm. :D Shoutouts soon.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
O.o Not so tough? Seems to me that making top 15 out of a tournament that size means they still are good. I dare say that the one who used SHEIK and got top 15 is plenty tough. Give them a few more weeks with those characters at regular play and they'd be right back to where they were. (I think I said this in another thread. >_>) They're still tough customers from what I can see, and thinking their fangs are gone 'cuz they have no meta might just prove to be many players' undoing.

Granted- You have your data that you're gathering. ^_^ I'm really just putting a little criticism in there. No offense meant.

Xyro77

Granted- You have your data that you're gathering. ^_^ I'm really just putting a little criticism in there. No offense meant.
no no. none taken. im keeping track of no meta data in several states right now. its not ALL about where the meta players place. its about how varied the results become and why. its interesting

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

So Jerm, ya got in a FF dair on meh in teams, as well as some well-placed fsmashes after my partner died (...er, after I killed him lol. xD we needz moar team practice). From solely these happenings, if you think that your :link2: is better than mine (like apparently GHNeko does...), MM me pl0x. Next PnT I go to will be in June, so that's where you'll find meh. :)
Hi

XDDD. I only said he was the hero of time cuz he's seemingly good at TLink and Link. Not just one.

TheJerm

Smash Champion

Edit: You're EASILY the best TL in TX though, Jerm. :D Shoutouts soon.
A ditto wont prove who's better. I dont even want the title.. nor do I want the best TL title in texas. Thats for the lovely santi.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Hi

XDDD. I only said he was the hero of time cuz he's seemingly good at TLink and Link. Not just one.
FYI, TL has NOTHING to do with being the Hero of Time. Ya shoulda clarified with...iono...Hero of Winds? :confused: Triforce Hero, maybe?...nah, he'd have to use sheik and ganon as well (lolganon).

He has an INSANELY good TL, though, and a nice link. I've only played it once by itself and I was groggy (lolgroggyjohns), but he gave me more trouble than any other link main/alt that I've played...which I've all 2/3-stocked. xD

Edit:
A ditto wont prove who's better. I dont even want the title.. nor do I want the best TL title in texas. Thats for the lovely santi.
Aaaahhh, Santi. Somehow 4got about him xD. But still. Kinda.

And yeah, I agree; a :link2: ditto (my main vs your alt) won't prove who is the better player, nor will a :toonlink: ditto (your main), or a :kirby2: ditto (my alt). Ah well...looks like we'll have to resort to :falcon: dittos!
YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
?!?!?!?!?!?!

its the truth, my boy
wait you got massively outplaced by one and tied with the others right?

i'm just confused about what you're saying when you say 'not so tough' its as if you're like FINALLY WE GOT THEM but its not like you're outplacing them lol

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Then what is Jerm supposed to be? D:
I can just be jerm.. a TL representative. I just like to show people that TL shouldnt be underestimated.

Oh, and about the MK's this didnt help prove much. All the MK mains still did well. Although I dont know if Dphat is considered an MK main. I think he uses his marth and MK equally.. but iunno. I would have much rather fought dojo's MK than kirby. All that happened was that they got a slight handicap, and they weren't able to place as well.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
i like how you tacked on all those extra r's in my name xyro :p

this tournament was disappointing for me though, performance wise :(

it's summer for me now, time to practice like mad, haha.

Conker315

Smash Lord
I had so much fun at this tounament..seriously I was so **** hype.I was screaming like crazy at night.Brackets were so good also.I played great people and lost to T-rex and dojo.Im not even a tiny bit sad of losing to them.It was just to **** good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was placed in the middle of a Marth minefield...

My performance was trashy. Shoutouts later.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
This tourney had to be alot of fun. Two Sonic's in the top 10? Somebody please get this character out of low tier XD. And good **** to 3000 and xyro for winning low tier teams. Any vids?

Gnes

Smash Master
Sethlon should just use Falco again, he places bad now.
He stopped playing falco for a reason. Texas ***** falco :)...wait Gnes ***** falco

Hmm...i outplaced all the metas...though usually infi and doji are the only ones that out place me...shoutouts later

jog

Smash Journeyman
dingding you and jerm play sooo differently. jerm brings a TL style to link why your link has a link style. you're both good, and i was very impressed with our matches yesterday. i knew they would be tough but i thought i could pull it of. kudos to you.

more shout outs later.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
The mk's didn't place much worse if any without the character they actually practice with. You're happy with the variety? Practically all of the top 8 is either diddy or game and watch. Honestly this tournament looks about the same as all the other ones. Same people are placing relatively equal and same character diversity in the top places.

Hence

Smash Ace
The MetaKnight mains placed high with other characters?

This only confims that skill is the predominate factor in winning a tournament.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shoutouts:

Razer-Trash. Glad you didn't give me your mysterious illness, aka SWINE FLU

Gnes-Congrats on getting top 3. I knew you would. :)

Phantom X-*starts hating him more because of panda jokes* We should play sometime.

Dojo-We didn't get to play.

Cy-Good stuff, you're getting better and better.

Xyro-Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahahahahahaha, Green Lesbian power!

Jerm-Everyone has their bad days. :(

Gea-Best Peach ever?

Kown-Tasty. We didn't get to play. :(

Vorugen-We didn't get to play. :(

TallMan-You got JV-four stocked by your MOM. Too good.

Trela-Best Lucario in Houston now. We should play sometime. Now whenever I see you, I'll have to cheer, "GET 'EM TRELA! **** HIM!"

Rocket Trainer-TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH TRASH

Jog-Play with our group more, and you WILL get better. :)

Shlike-Fun friendlies, as always. I like getting ZSS experience, lol.

Praxis-Fun friendlies. Sorry couldn't do the MM...but I managed to keep even in friendlies. :)

DugFinn-Stop eating other people's food, LOL.

Random person who took MY silver controller and replaced it with a black one-Thanks, I guess? The black one is in better shape, and I think that silver one was starting to have problems, so...yeah. Enjoy being stupid. :p

Anyone I forgot- sorry!

TheJerm

Smash Champion
yeah i ALWAYS see 2 sonics in top 10

get out of here your TRASH
Actually, most of the normal HOBO's, 3000 places top 10. 9th at 14 I believe, 5th at hobo 15. Espy always places well. MK didnt have much to do with it.

Also, gnes, the reason seth quit falco is because he doesnt find him fun and hates his campy style.

Edit: RT, I didnt have a bad day. I feel that I'm about equal in skill with UTD ZAC, so that could have went either way. And dojo is a better player. I actually played my normal self.. winning all 3 of my money matches.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I dunno, you seemed kind of sad when I saw you. But it doesn't matter, your Link is ****.

I still won't forgive you for the other day though, lol. I love you, but sometimes...I want to smack you upside the head. :p

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
What if all good players picked up MK? Others wouldn't win.

Razer theory. Will be published in thew newest Biology Book. Pick it up.

iLight

Smash Lord
bear used snake, DDD, diddy, marth in teams and I used, ROB, G&W
and in low tiers bear used Falcon, Jiggs, Mario and I used, PT, Jiggs, Gannon

@xyro by the way i would have had a much better time of it vs dojo and 3000 if i had used ROB or g&w instead of staying only sheik i was just doing it to prove a point =p don't count me out.

also epic fun tourney good **** xyro

I may post shout outs later this tourney was so fun

Top Bottom