• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 14=2/28/09=Houston,tx=54 players(ALL VIDEOS ARE UP! COME CHECK THEM OUT!!!!!!!!)

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i was there... in spirit : (

shoutoutz to my south homies

infinity, dojo, santi, lee, sethlon, you guys are too cool

hylian - good shiz on getting 5th, competition looked really tough

dmg - i haven't met you but your still amazing

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
you really think he should be top?????

how?
Wario has no extremely bad matchup, has NO bad stages aside from Luigi's mansion and maybe Corneria, stupid grab range, is UNGIMPABLE unless the player tries something absolutely stupid (Dojo tried to gimp me with dairs in doubles and I just went under Bfield to the other side, lol), he lives FOREVER (I averaged 180% per stock in DOUBLES this weekend), has ridiculous killers, can also combo at early percents. He can play offensive and defensive as needed, he doesn't get ***** by MKs (which is important considering current metagame), his moves are all quick and unpredictable (ftilt excluded, but it's one of the highest priority moves in the game), he has very high priority on the ground (excluding fsmash, b/c it would be broken if it did), and he's a ***** to grab. Not to mention he has an aerial grab that lasts almost a second and a half, lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm going to try and get Texas to go to Apex, so we can give them another taste of how much texas ***** at this game :).

Apathy...

Smash Rookie
Hey its Hiza here

glad to see all of you again,

great tourney, and great matches to everyone. See you all at WHOBO, and sorry to anyone who believed I would ever get higher than the losers 2 with the Captain.

now for a truly sobering announcement;

I surmise that if I can do fine against people's mains whom are fairly high or pretty dam high up the tier list (and I'm using falcon)- then I may see some result if I make some changes.

Officially I am changing from Captain Falcon, to Metaknight, If apply myself and get as good with him as with falcon, maybe you will all fear me. Multiple stocks off of people with falcon= winning with Metafart I hope.

I want it on record though, that I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing it for Falcon- whom I miss eternally, and will exact terrible, bloody, unending retribution in the name of.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
SHOUTOUS!:

Drink Station: Superb couch, keep those pillows fluffed!

Bear: Thanks for taking care of us friday night/saturday morning, ego buffet hit the spot.

Jordan, Juan: No shout outs for being your badass chauffeur while on my death bed... screw you both. :p

Juan: thanks for the drugs. -½ screw you.

Infinity: Only reason you got the couch at Bear's is because we all knew your feeble old body couldn't handle the floor, and because Wotts is too nice.

- - - - - - - - - -

Being as sick as i was made it really hard to enjoy, but for my brief moments of consciousness I enjoyed what i saw, like Bear wanting to strangle that kid that kept walking in front of everyone's matches, haha. It was a pleasure meeting so many new, friendly faces. I'll be back around again soon and will actually be healthy and in a good mood.

Hopefully I can increase my rep from "hey it's couch guy." to "hey it's couch guy, he's a pretty good brawler, let's play some matches!"

-Chad

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
SHOUTOUS!:

Drink Station: Superb couch, keep those pillows fluffed!

Bear: Thanks for taking care of us friday night/saturday morning, ego buffet hit the spot.

Jordan, Juan: No shout outs for being your badass chauffeur while on my death bed... screw you both. :p

Juan: thanks for the drugs. -½ screw you.

Infinity: Only reason you got the couch at Bear's is because we all knew your feeble old body couldn't handle the floor, and because Wotts is too nice.

- - - - - - - - - -

Being as sick as i was made it really hard to enjoy, but for my brief moments of consciousness I enjoyed what i saw, like Bear wanting to strangle that kid that kept walking in front of everyone's matches, haha. It was a pleasure meeting so many new, friendly faces. I'll be back around again soon and will actually be healthy and in a good mood.

Hopefully I can increase my rep from "hey it's couch guy." to "hey it's couch guy, he's a pretty good brawler, let's play some matches!"

-Chad
Haha sorry chad I just C/P'ed the results :).

Does it help if I say you are sexy?

:p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Keep it up 3000.
Xyro, did 3000 get recorded at this event?

I'll try to make HOBO 15, but at the moment it seems impossible. WHOBO however, I should make with no problem.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Couch Guy was top tier.

Anyways, Shouts outs.

1: Dojo (meta)- Good job. Your the ****. Teach me how to beat MK. We'll do the money match next time.
2: infinity (meta)- Yea, you beat me in tournament twice. Third times the charm ;]
3: Razer (snake)- First time we didnt play.. were you scared or something little boy?
4: Lee (lucario/meta)-Awesome friendlies. Your a badass smasher and a badass person
5: Hylian (GW)- Yea, we didnt play =[, next time, we will for sure
5: KOS-MOS (all peach)- Your awesome. Zair your bomb was even more awesome lol. Fun match.
7: Gnes (diddy)- We did do awesome. Yea, counterpicking diddy is pure ****. What we did on that stage.. even more ****. Our team.. all the **** =]
9: Roy R (marth)- I didnt get to play your marth. But your MK is still good
9: Santi (tl)- Yea man, I was feeling pretty sad when I played you. But your awesome, and aim match up discussions will happen. Also, next time you dont know what to counter pick.. find me! lol
13: CY (falco)- Still not gonna money match your falco.. yet
13: Esca (pit/diddy)- beat me up then left =[ lol. Your pretty cool esca
17: Jerm (tl)- Ughhh disaster
17: phantomX (wario)- The real reason for the money match iss... REVENGE!!! =@ lol jk. Good ****
17: DMG (wario/diddy)- You did pretty good man. Dont beat your self up about it. Lost to two really good people. Your wario is so awesome too.
17: Bluejay (mario)- lol.. mario 64 hacks. You used them cheater
17: Zori (olimar)- Next time we'll play
25: carnage (meta)- "cold runny ****"
25: Magitek_knight (lucas/ness)- Your one awesome guy man. Badass lucas. Hope to see you around soon.
25: SuperKalo (wolf)- Lol, your Kalo.. you fail =]
33: Trella (lucario)- We need to play man.
33: SG (???)- You did pretty good from what I saw..
33: Cyphus (dk)- Funnnn friendlies! Awesome DK.
33: Seiya (pit)- Your the best pit man.. thanks for coming to eat with me lol
33: Dphat (marth)- Sucks you was sick =[
33: Xyro (samus)- Lol, sry about what happened at the table =x
49: takeurlife (marth)- Sorry for the crappy friendlies
49: T-rex (snake)- Never played you in singles lol
49: pierre (lucas)- Still an awesome lucas.
49: nana (zelda)- Good zelda. I HAD to do the zero to death downsmash gimp since you took me to corneria xD

Overall, I had fun still. Good experiance. Now to come back strong!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok so far 11 videos are up. i JUST got some of them up so they may not work for another 10minutes. give it time and youtube will finish processing them.

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
This being my first real tournament ever ( Gamestop tournament is the saddest excuse of a tournament ever)

1: Dojo (meta)- My SASMASH bro man, i am so proud to be able to be part of all the big things your doing man, all the ALL-Nighters, advise, and great friendship you have gave me means a lot man.

2: infinity (meta)- dude our final fantasy talk was too good at night. i still want some of that MK though..GW was fun however

3: Razer (snake)- finally got to see you play in person man, i was highly impressed. hopefully we can get some matches in next time

4: Lee (lucario/meta)- nice meeting you man, hopefully can play sometime

5: Hylian (GW)- did not ever meet but hopefully next time that will change and we can get some matches

5: KOS-MOS (all peach)- dude... really??? your peach was one of the sickest things iv ever seen, glad you came

7: sandtrap (meta/peach) haha man you were doing some funny stuff man, enjoyed the friendlies at BEAH's

9: Santi (tl)- My bro man. just like dojo man, you have been one of the best friends i could ever ask for man, just really taking me under your wing and doing everything you can for me. thanks so much for driving us there. im looking forward to the many great things we will be doing in the future

13: light (GW/meta)- i played your shiek and wow man. i was impressed

13: Esca (pit/diddy)- good pit man, that diddy was pretty nasty as well, enjoyed playing and meeting you

17: Sethlon (falco/meta)- hopefully you wont have to leave and we can get some matches in next time

17: Cake (olimar)- Cake. My Partner!!! all i know is man we have some BIG THINGS happening soon. Your the best teammate and friend i could have asked for. i appreciate all the confidence you have had in me so soon. we will work out the problems in our game and rise. remember our inspiration and goal!

17: Jerm (tl)- great talks man. look forward to playing

17: ice (snake)- grrr!!! so close match 2! but hey man i appreciate all your help this weekend.

17: phantomX (wario)- we need to play next time. good wario for sure

17: DMG (wario/diddy)- CREW BATTLES TOO GOOD!! =D but man our car ride was to epic, all the singing and falling asleep while billy is thinking we were going to die. lololol good stuff man

25: bwett (yoshi)- BWETT! dude great times this weekend. and thanks for driving us that helped out a ton man, im holding you to that hug and matches next time =D

25: adin (ness)- Grrrr rematch very very soon

25: Magitek_knight (lucas/ness)- great job on choking it and completely letting your self down. go train alot cause you have a lot to learn. grrrr

25: bad news bear (marth/pika)- dude your housing was too good man, loved hanging out and getting to meet you, i understand now why cake,doj, and santi love you so much

25: Tallman (lucas/ROB)- me. you. lucas. next time

25: SuperKalo (wolf)- good stuff man i had been looking forward to playing your wolf

33: Retro (samus)- good matches at beah's. great to meet you as well

33: JS (ness)- i think we played??? if so good ness

33: Seiya (pit)- great pit, man i need to learn that match up =p

33: Dphat (marth)- DDDDDDDDD PHAT!!! haha oh man car ride=epic. our singing was legendary! =D

33: Xyro (samus)- even though it was my first tournament. wow you ran it perfectly. everything was so smooth

49: T-rex (snake)-i did not meet you but WTF!!! came out of your mouth!! HAHAHA toooo good

49: pierre (lucas)- wow man. talk about taking a stranger under your wing. i cant tell you how much i enjoyed playing and talking with you man. all your advise and you trying to help me every single chance you could was sooooooo awesome. you also have inspired me to do some big things. and i think you will be doing some as well in the near future. again man i couldn't have asked for friend to meet.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Pre-HOBO was best guys and sorry I couldn't join you all AT HOBO. Will take a look at the videos later but judging how epic the matches were at BEAH'S~ house, I wouldn't doubt they would be any less xP.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pre-HOBO was best guys and sorry I couldn't join you all AT HOBO. Will take a look at the videos later but judging how epic the matches were at BEAH'S~ house, I wouldn't doubt they would be any less xP.
You can make this up by coming to Hobo 15 this coming Saturday. ;)

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'll consider it if my crew goes and what not, but don't forget WATCHMEN comes out THIS Friday xD ...might be in Austin at the IMAX or might hold off till next weekend >_>;

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No weakness in doubles.

NONE.

No grab-release stuff unless it's 2vs1. No bad match-ups because those are all grab-release, CG, and camping based.

Tons and tons of positives:
-Lives forever
-Kills at low percent
-Does a lot of damage
-Isn't slow at all
-No real bad stages

Soooooo dumb in teams...

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
I had lotsa fun this weekend, especially the Box of Pain FFA games 4am at Beah's, LOL! I really enjoyed getting to play friendlies with everyone like Hylian, Ice, PhantomX, DMG, Dojo, etc etc, I never get to play with you guys :(. Some shout-outs off the top of my head:

CY: Haha CRAZY games! I can't believe I reverse 3-stocked your pew-pew-pew. I really wanted to stay Peach and our first game was really close, I just don't have any experience Peach vs Falco like I do MK vs Falco. Plus, you pew-pew-pew all day! Gj on beating DPhatt though, I was expecting to play him since he had been playing very well lately.

Dojo: Congrats on 1st! Thanks for ****** my Peach with MK, why you gotta put it in the butthole so much? XD

Santi: <333. I knew I was going to lose to you. I was going to go Peach, but then I watched Kos-Mos getting beat by TheJerm and got worried, I wish I stuck with Peach instead of getting worried! Good **** though, your TL is top tier.

Beah: I apologize for not teaming with you, that was pretty ****ty of me, I accept that. Just not being able to play with the college station people anymore leaves me pretty much out of the crew, but I'd still like to go to tournament and your smashfests still! And man, without your suicides, I think you could have taken Infinity, can't wait for the rematch! I still owe Light $5 for gas, btw.

Take: Thanks for the $5 ;). I thought I'd lose Peach vs Marth, but very gg!

Ice: Your grenade camping and dash attacks are too good, knocked me outta the air every time! Close games man, I loved the stitch face Game 1 when you were already over 200%, LOL. And the beam sword the second game was hilarious and sexy, haha.

Kos-Mos: Your Peach is much safer than mine, I think I am going to try and incorporate some of your safe tactics into my game. Way too good! We should talk about Peach stuff more :).

Roy: GGs bro! The super gimping is what won the match for me, you're way too good. I think everyone will still think I suck and just got lucky against you, but I'm going to practice a lot this week and I'll prove them wrong at Hobo 15.

Hylian: Congrats on 5th! Remember, we have that $10/$50 no-MK/no-ICs match to do at Hobo 15! You're alright in person, glad we're not fighting anymore, lol.

Bwett: I love watching your Yoshi, lol I'm in love. Best Yoshi, period. Anyone who says otherwise, I'll stab them in the face with a pencil.

Everyone else: Me sowwy, bad memory :(.

Xyro77

ok guys im 80% done with the vids. i just got winners/loser/grand finals to post up.

its all meta dittos

Dojo

Smash Champion
Attention:

For anybody that recorded, or has saved replays on their wii's from Hobo 14, contact me on AIM or send me a PM. San Angelo is making a montage of all the video/pics we captured from Hobo 14, and I'd like it done soon. Too make it as sexy as possible I'll need a bunch of captured clips from this weekend.

So if you have any clips of yourself or others debuted in this video, let me know asap. I'll be back online around 9ish at the latest, and I'm doing the editing tonight. I know this is short notice, but help me out. :)

<3

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Attention:

For anybody that recorded, or has saved replays on their wii's from Hobo 14, contact me on AIM or send me a PM. San Angelo is making a montage of all the video/pics we captured from Hobo 14, and I'd like it done soon. Too make it as sexy as possible I'll need a bunch of captured clips from this weekend.

So if you have any clips of yourself or others debuted in this video, let me know asap. I'll be back online around 9ish at the latest, and I'm doing the editing tonight. I know this is short notice, but help me out. :)

<3
shut up scrub

Dojo

Smash Champion
Gameplay mostly. Real life footage would be good too. We have a ton already though, but like no gameplay. So I need alot of gameplay.

And Kalo... I love you.

Xyro77

BTW, if anybody owns tv 10 or 11(at hobo 14) that wii has me 3 stocking santi on my worst level. I NEED THAT VID. i will pay for it.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I know Santi had an amazing kill on Pierre. Probably Tv 4 or 5? It was on the row with the livestream tv. Farthest on the left. Any other amazing stuff, people. We need it. :)

Xyro77

I know Santi had an amazing kill on Pierre. Probably Tv 4 or 5? It was on the row with the livestream tv. Farthest on the left. Any other amazing stuff, people. We need it. :)

TV 4 was the small HD one. i doubt santi would wanna play on that one so it may be tv 5 or 6. some one should add the royr spike to the san angelo vid. just say cake did it

Top Bottom