• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitstun/shield stun Thread

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I just tried it. I'm having the same problems. I'm really not sure what's going on actually. It seems like it's just not letting you perform an aerial until a certain number of frames after you've left the ground. And yet it's still reading the cstick as an input, as I keep double jumping immediately with ganon when all I do is press up on the control stick and down on the cstick. I can delay the cstick press slightly and the dair will come out, but it won't finish before reaching the ground then.

kupo15

Smash Hero
in your next video, you should use C.falcon, i really want to see that.
Yup, I only had less than a hour to produce something for ppl to see and I also had problems but CF will be next

Something isn't right with the hack. Movement doesn't feel right at all anymore. I can't quite put my finger on it, but but what this hack is supposed to do is barely noticeable at all. The major thing I noticed is Captain Falcon can't stomp anymore. I don't screw that up hardly ever, but I can't do it at all now.

This hack is buggy.
After playing around with 30 mins, I think I realized even more how much trash this game really is if adding hacks doesnt really help.

There appears to be too much **** flinching going on. Not enough moves put ppl in the tumble animation let alone soon enough for combos to be effect. By the time moves put you in the tumble, the knockback on those moves are too great for comboing effectively. I think the floatiness affects that a lot also.

So it would appear that the hitstun code actually helps you time the air dodge better than without it and it would appear that we need more hit stun or less flinching or something. These are what i noticed, I may me wrong.

Also, with the disappointment i just had with the game not being entirely better with hitstun, i am considering that wavedashing would help more. But I still think you shouldnt be able to stack them on top of each other.

Im in mixed feelings atm :\

MuBa

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Phantom Wing will look into it but the best we can do is explain to him what we what result we're specifically looking for so he can have an easier time making the code.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I just tried it. I'm having the same problems. I'm really not sure what's going on actually. It seems like it's just not letting you perform an aerial until a certain number of frames after you've left the ground. And yet it's still reading the cstick as an input, as I keep double jumping immediately with ganon when all I do is press up on the control stick and down on the cstick. I can delay the cstick press slightly and the dair will come out, but it won't finish before reaching the ground then.
It also doesn't work without the C-stick. Holding down on the control stick and sliding your thumb from Y to A still won't auto-cancel no matter how fast you do it.

Some more bugs that have to do with regular Brawl airdodge.

Just like attacking, Snake can only airdodge once after Up+B and cannot attack after or attack then airdodge.

Sonic can't attack after airdodging from Up+B. You can only perform an airdodge or attack before you enter the falling animation from Up+B. You can only perform 1 airdodge and it must be before you enter the falling animation. You must continuously perform aerials before entering the falling animation of Up+B or you'll be helpless. You can still do nothing after 1 Nair or Bair.

Magus420

Smash Master
If he's willing to work out the bugs he might as well try starting over with a more direct approach by instead looking at the A-attack/dodge Interruptible-As-Soon-As point (IASA) near the beginning of the launch animation of a knockdown/tumble hit. That way it'd produce the desired effect by disabling just that point of a single animation at its source, rather than trying to modify when you can use attacks/dodges in a more general sense, which seems to be what it's doing now.

Trying to work out all the bugs with the seemingly indirect way the current code works could be more trouble than simply disabling that animation's IASA, which could be as simple as a few lines of code (assuming it's possible).

Revven

FrankerZ
I have posted all the bugs you guys mentioned over at where PW is, hopefully he'll see the gigantic post of quotes and stuff and plan to fix said bugs.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=o

Guys, a moment of truth for everyone. Huddle 'round.

Do any of you, including Kupo, have ANY idea how difficult programming and coding is?
I've taken Cisco and programming courses in high school and college and it's one of the most tedious processes you may ever undergo. You do it for the final results, which makes it all worth it.

Keep twisting the Rubrix Cube til you get it just right. That's what you're doing.
Brawl physics and each of the characters' movesets were created to compliment each other by an organized group of 'pro programmers', if you will. You're tweaking Brawl big time. Of course there's gonna be bugs! There's probably dozens more bugs associated with this code that haven't been mentioned on this thread yet.

Hacks that remove coding, such as the No Tripping code, is a piece of cake. Hacks that add new factors, such as hitstun will take a long time to perfect.
I'm not gonna stop you Kupo. But I don't know if you will ever get it right. Good luck.

For the record, I'm not against the addition of hitstun/shieldstun/L-cancelling, but I want you to know what you've gotten yourselves into.

Magus420

Smash Master
SMK. Please edit into your post there to mention that Chibo sent him a PM that details what I'm talking about and what would need to be done for it. It should be able to give him a better idea of what to be looking for.

Like in this video it shows that G&W is able to interrupt it right before he finishes spinning around the 1st time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsF_zFKyvkY

You'd want to disable the part in the code that allows that animation to be interrupted from that point onwards.

Revven

FrankerZ
SMK. Please edit into your post there to mention that Chibo sent him a PM that details what I'm talking about and what would need to be done for it. It should be able to give him a better idea of what to be looking for.
The deed is done. I hope he sees it, hehe, some people like to post before PW gets on and some times PW misses posts. If he DOES miss it, I'll PM him the post (hopefully I won't have to).

matt4300

Smash Ace
should we be expecting a re-worked hitstun code or should i stop refreshing this page ^_^

edit: i read earlier that the code could be ajusted for more hitstun.. wich is why i ask so early.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
has anyone tested this yet? can u still air dodge early or did he just fix when u can aerial attack early

now we need weak hit di
dash dance
and uhh.... anything else?
heres my kind of lame dash dance code(It just replaces slow turn around animation with regular turn around animation) It was my idea but credit for the code goes to Phantom Wings

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0008 40820008
3B800007 60000000
939E0038 00000000

It works really well with Wolf.

It sucks with Sonic :( HE just runs way too fast when he turns around the forward momentum just pushes him back.

kupo15

Smash Hero
should we be expecting a re-worked hitstun code or should i stop refreshing this page ^_^

edit: i read earlier that the code could be ajusted for more hitstun.. wich is why i ask so early.
No word yet but hopefully as they are a lot of bugs.

God is my Rock: Can you post the Dash Dance code under Wind owls competitive hack and vid thread? This thread was just an announcement, Im going to ask the Mods to close this.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So I pulled off a Nair -> Nair -> Nair -> Grab -> Dthrow -> Aether using Ike

Also a Dair-> Nair -> Bair with the same character.

Stale moves really helps out with juggling combos.

Did you do that in training mode and did it register as a combo? If something doesn't register as a combo in training mode then it isn't a combo (whether you have the hitstun code on or not doesn't matter, seeing as the code doesn't actually change the amount of hitstun moves have).

Be patient, young grasshopper. It'll be out eventually, though probably not for a couple days.

heres my kind of lame dash dance code(It just replaces slow turn around animation with regular turn around animation) It was my idea but credit for the code goes to Phantom Wings

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0007 40820008
3B800003 60000000
939E0038 00000000

It works really well with Wolf.

It sucks with Sonic HE just runs way too fast when he turns around the forward momentum just pushes him back.
Hm, cool. *tests*

edit: lol yeah we're gonna need a real DD code. It was a thought, though.

MuBa

Smash Lord
I'm glad we are finally getting the attention this project needs to become a success.

Also all of my combos are done on a Level 9 computer who can manage to DI and airdodge asap.

Also the Dash Dance Code is a bit buggy. It won't let you actually Dashdance at all o_O;

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

Did you do that in training mode and did it register as a combo? If something doesn't register as a combo in training mode then it isn't a combo (whether you have the hitstun code on or not doesn't matter, seeing as the code doesn't actually change the amount of hitstun moves have).

Be patient, young grasshopper. It'll be out eventually, though probably not for a couple days.

Hm, cool. *tests*

edit: lol yeah we're gonna need a real DD code. It was a thought, though.

I put the wrong code!!! heres the right one:

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0008 40820008
3B800007 60000000
939E0038 00000000

Starscream

Smash Ace
Ah so that's the real DD code.

It's pretty interesting how you can run back and forth with the same momentum. Interesting addition there lol.
But it's not really a good substitute for a real DD. Brawl has a DD, but the window for which you can do it is so small. Maybe this is also causing the DD to be so small? Maybe we need a code that can increase the window of time to do the DD. Either way lets try not to derail a hitstun thread into dash dancing.

Has anyone else found any bugs besides the ones already posted?

poklin

Smash Apprentice
sorry 1 more tho that dd code is amazing it lets you pivot smash. if definetly needs some works but its a good start.

kupo15

Smash Hero
lulz @ you, MK can't combo any better with this so don't even get started on it.
100 perc true. His aerial speed is really bad and with good DI, this means he can't combo any better than he can already which makes other characters better and can actually compete with mk

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Can someone make a video of this dash dance code? I don't really want to put the code on my SD card before seeing it in action at least once...

Also, the hitstun code is fun. Ken combos ftw.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Snake is broken enough in Melee 2.0. He doesn't need more hitstun on his moves.

Shffl dair infinite > utilt will just be a cakewalk now. I don't even need the code to know this.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, I just thought I'd drop by to tell you all that I haven't had much of a chance to make a fix for the code yet because of me being extremely busy today, but I'll try and get on it tomorrow... I should also be able to do something about that Dash Dancing code(I did it with the Super Sonic code) but I'm reluctant to make one because there's a lot of controversy over whether it'd help the game or not...

Anyways, I've read the suggestions on how I should remake the Hitstun code and I've taken them into account - but "don't tell me how I should make my codes, fool.":laugh:

zxeon

Smash Lord
Hello everyone, I just thought I'd drop by to tell you all that I haven't had much of a chance to make a fix for the code yet because of me being extremely busy today, but I'll try and get on it tomorrow... I should also be able to do something about that Dash Dancing code(I did it with the Super Sonic code) but I'm reluctant to make one because there's a lot of controversy over whether it'd help the game or not...

Anyways, I've read the suggestions on how I should remake the Hitstun code and I've taken them into account - but "don't tell me how I should make my codes, fool.":laugh:
There is a little issue with the hitstun code, if you could disable taking any action except for jumping during the tumbling animation that would help. And thanks again Phantom Wings.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I put the wrong code!!! heres the right one:

4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0008 40820008
3B800007 60000000
939E0038 00000000
Ah! That's a lot better. It's not dashdancing, but it's definitely something at least.

Phantom Wings said:

Anyways, I've read the suggestions on how I should remake the Hitstun code and I've taken them into account - but "don't tell me how I should make my codes, fool."
Cool. It's amazing what you've done with some of these codes. You have no idea how thankful we are for them. =)

kupo15

Smash Hero
so... MK+diddy+other combo chars=banned in melee 2.0 right?
Mk's aerial speed is really bad and with good DI, this means he can't combo any better than he can already which makes other characters better and can actually compete with mk

poklin

Smash Apprentice
I love how ppl just assume so many things, no not at all mk isn't anywhere near broke.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Mk's aerial speed is really bad and with good DI, this means he can't combo any better than he can already which makes other characters better and can actually compete with mk
Metaknight really stands no chance of catching you. There really isn't anything to worry about.

**** I don't think Phantom Wings ever saw my post.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Metaknight really stands no chance of catching you. There really isn't anything to worry about.

**** I don't think Phantom Wings ever saw my post.

ehh he said in his post that he has read our posts. so im sure he knows what your talking about already

Top Bottom