• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
deadline is in 34 hours.

If kuzi's godfather or something with that last comment then I'll lol

vote J

I don't think anyone will hammer so this is fine.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Hammer Hammer Hammer Hammer

Oh Wait, Claim Claim Claim Claim Claim

=====================================

Ok guys, if J Flips scummy, who do yout hink is a good lynch tomorrow?

#HBC | Dancer

Felipe J already claim Mion vt a long time ago. This is just round 2.

I honestly have no one person that stands out to me atm, but that doesn't really concern me at the moment. If J flips scum, then I'll focus on who's next when the time comes.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
J must die.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13554131&postcount=454

So passive, non-chalant, apathetic whatever you want to call it. Has no idea where he wants to go.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13560991&postcount=513
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13561108&postcount=514

Decides to kick his *** into gear for some reason despite the above. Still pretty apathetic about his lynch. Even says at the end of the second post "lynch me whatever, I don't care." However suddenly he has reads despite not being able to produce them before and he knows what lynch he wants and he knows how to manipulate people to get that lynch across.

For example on that manipulation:

Ori/Felipe are more feels than anything substantial. I could very well be wrong on them which is why I have them as leans than I love them as town (i.e. You/Sang/Auspher/Acro)
Sang, vote Gheb with me? Pleaaaase? I'm about to go because I gotta write that essay before I go to the theatre again for call.
Lynch me, don't, whatever. At least you have my reads to work with when I do flip or not flip. I'll try and put more time into this when I get it but I just can't sooooo haha. I'm really only staying in this game because Sang is in it.

Locking in SangfroidWarrior, Auspher, Sworddancer. as town-town-town. Wanna say Acrostic but I'm scared too. He can be town town now, just not 100% like the others. Maybe 85%.
Joooooey, you like me more than Gheb right? =3c
Blatant AtE rampant all over the place to get others to see him in a different light despite him being so okay with his lynch. He's not trying to push a different lynch through rationally, he's just pretty much trying to label everyone as town so that public sentiment about him increases so he can survive through the day. Its gross, its slimy, and its underhanded.

Once Ryker pushes off J, though, and the two sync up and chase down RR his entire playstyle changes. Riding on the heels of Ryker's push he forgets all about Gheb being scum (which he pretty much just kissed a hell ton of *** to swing) and wagons RR. Self preservation at its finest.

He continues in this fashion for some time, wagoning whoever the **** he wants to without any regard for his earlier reads or what he had been saying before. He rides RR, Gheb again, and now he's on Sworddancer for god knows why.

His progression of tone is interesting and fun to watch. He started out in the beginning of the day with a fake apathetic tinge in an attempt to get people to think he wasnt interested in self preservation. Once that didnt work he hauled *** with content in an attempt to get people to sway off his wagon just based on pure effort that he previously lacked. Once this started to work and the pressure shifted off he began to play more confidently and settle into a more natural rhythm. However, once I put him back on the the chopping block he completely lost his composure and his head for that matter as I pointed out earlier in the day. Since that one post he has been desperately trying to regain that passive mode that he had in the beginning of the Day with posts like.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13569046&postcount=971
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13569053&postcount=972
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13569073&postcount=973
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13569078&postcount=975
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13569082&postcount=976
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13569084&postcount=977

Its artificial and its transparent as ****.

D

Deleted member

Any thoughts on the recent events, Auspher?
At this point, it looks like the J lynch is inevitable. I'm not sure if it's right, but at the same time, it may be the safest option. Felipe I'm still unsure of and TM has been leaning scum, especially after reading RR's points on him.

At the very least, the change of events as of yesterday had me reeling. @_@ At least I have an idea now of the direction things are headed. After J, I'm apparently on the chopping block.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
At this point, it looks like the J lynch is inevitable. I'm not sure if it's right, but at the same time, it may be the safest option. Felipe I'm still unsure of and TM has been leaning scum, especially after reading RR's points on him.

At the very least, the change of events as of yesterday had me reeling. @_@ At least I have an idea now of the direction things are headed. After J, I'm apparently on the chopping block.
I am one of the main character of the series, a basic power role, uncced, and you are still unsure of me??? Mmm

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline 10/25, 11:59 PM EST

JO_OEY [0]
tHe-Man [2] MOD, JO_OEY
Tandora [0]
th3kuzinator [0]
Red Ryu [1] tHe-Man
ORI_bro [0]
felipe_9595 [2] Auspher, Tandora
Auspher [0]
J [6] Gheb, th3kuzinator, Red Ryu, Balatro, felipe_9595, Sworddancer
SangfroidWarrior [0]
Sworddancer [1] J
Balatro [0]
Gheb [0]

Not Voting: SangfroidWarrior, ORI_bro

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Game over.

I'm out of time and I can't stop my lynch this time. I'll be flipping town but I've already told you guys this numerous amounts of times. Once I'm lynched and you have concrete info, you will see I wasn't faking jack **** so Kuzi's "J is a faker" BS will go out the window with the rest of his logic.

^^" What do you do now? This is really new to be lynched this early as town.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
/AtE

Instead of trying to just weasel out of your lynch by acting apathetic how about offer an alternative lynch or answer some of the questions posed at you. Aren't you the one who said that anything can happen in a short amount of time? Why did you instantly give up after you got so outraged at me saying you were scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I already have for the most part. They are just feels due to hecticness. Like seriously I am out the door and can't give you anything.

Also, are you really using AtE as a reason for why I'm scum? What are we back in mafia grade-school?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Be a **** to your grave J. Regardless of alignment, learn to play better.
If you learn how to have class, then maybe we have a deal.

I'm not even gonna pretend like I have time to do things, you're just terrible at reading me this game, simple as that.

The real **** is you for trying to make it look like I am maliciously not giving you things when I have but I just don't have time. ;P

#HBC | Dancer

@RR: Wrt Tanny, I don't partically mind her at all. She has so far brought up the ORi case, which I agree with. Her suspicion of Felipe was a tad bit off, just because I don't get the feeling that she even considered the possibility that he was dumb town, but I can still definitely see where she was coming from so I can't really hold that against her. Overall I'm fine with her, nothing she has done has stuck out to me as scummy. Plus, she's coming off of Acro's slot which looked good so yeah.

Alright, I'm going to a fest, so I'm out for the rest of the night. Peace.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'll be taking a closer look at the felipe wagon as well. While it's hard to immediately hold anybody accountable for voting him [given how terribly he's been playing] I'd find it hard to believe that not a single scumbag ended up being on the wagon until his claim. Mainly looking at Joey here for trying to discredit his claim in a pretty laughable manner [Doc is overpowered now?!?] after not being clear enough on the Auspher vs felipe situation earlier toDay.

This also illustrates what I wanted to explain to Sang earlier pretty well and how being wishy-washy is a rather scummy maneuver. Because now Joey can be like "yeah, I already had a feeling felipe was scummy" even though he opted to go with the Auspher vote earlier. This approach is way more rewarding for a scumbag than for a townie and also doesn't require as much explanation.

:059:
Informed Doctor is overpowered to me, which knowing a role was what I was referring to. Doctor in itself is not overpowered, but a doctor that knows a role of the mafia that is not open information is way too overpowered.

Note that I dropped this as soon as I was told that it wasn't a role, and that it was a character instead (an obvious one at that).

Now I can be what? I don't understand what you're getting at with your last sentences at all.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J talking to me about class. Thats funny.

;P
I truly and utterly apologize for the all the stuff that has happened between us and I wish you and myself could put it behind us. Tanny's right, this stupid feud between us in games is childish and stupid. It is like this every game and it's not an over-exaggeration. So for whatever started this dumb *** spat between us I'm sorry for it and please can we try again or something? I'm just too tired and not going to be weighed down by the constant bickering between the two of us whenever one of us is in the game with another. If you don't feel the same way, whatever but I had to get it off my chest before I go for a while again. I'm just done arguing with you, whatever reason you say it's for.

Kay, now I'm gone I think. But Kuzi, that is truly how I feel and take it as you want. It's out of game so whatevs.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
^^^Been wanting to say that for a while now but now's better than later. Tanny's statement stuck with me cuz it's true.

Don't care if I look silly since that's just how I am because I feel better doing as such.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Listen. I'm not hurt by our exchanges. What I'm trying to do is find scum and, though I appreciate that you care about our relationship, your apology is misplaced. There is nothing to apologize about. What I would prefer you do, if you're actually town, if give me all the content you can in the limited amount of time you can.

I know you keep saying you have no time and have to go, but you've dropped by to say things three times after you said you would be leaving for good. If you have time to do that, you have time to write a bit of justification as to why Sword is scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why not ask me questions then dummy?

Listen, I hate our exchanges on the other hand. I think they are mean, nasty, and put a foul mood on games. Apology is there but if that's how you feel about it....uhm I don't know what to say. ^^"

Swords as I said is gut. It's the feeling in my stomach that one of him or Sang is scum and I feel more likely I am wanting to just lynch Sang because I would love to lynch her. Swords on the other hand just seems like a non-prescence which and not really doing much to make himself a prescence besides when his vote is needed to move onto someone. Look at how he has been on and off people but not really sticking to people or attacking people at all. It doesn't seem like a town-intent but more of a fadey intent. Basically, when I am trying to look for Swords intent, where's the town intent? I don't see any intent besides the fact to make it known that he is still in this game.

His voting pattern isn't the best but who am I to say that with my constant changes? He has been on and off me but never truly on me till now when it seems set in stone that I should be the lynch candidate.

I'll give you a bonus, Balatro seems opportunistic for his jump on me and it doesn't make sense. He is another person like Swords that is meh and just throwing things out there but not doing anything with what he throwing out. I know he's there but that's about it from him. I have no scum-reads/no town-reads that don't seem to be just him voting me to vote me for the sake of others. He hasn't done much yet neither has Ori nor your slot till now. Swords was more of a prescence earlier in the day but now he's just lackidazically here, he could be on V/LA but I never heard anything about it so it just makes me think he isn't here because he isn't here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Thing is, if you keep my slot, you are getting a replacement for me most likely because of the fact I am replacing out of my games.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Awesome that people are just hecking in that they will hammer J instead of actually talking about what J just wrote.

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I got bored and couldn't sleep so I decided to go at Swords' recent post.

It's logical and yet terrible. Okay.

Anyways, I disagree. Look at this from my PoV. You've been up for lynch all Day. Almost everyone has weighed in on you. With some of your questionable actions early game (and now, get to that later), one can only reasonably view your lynch as at least somewhat appealing.
You are creating a backdoor with my lynch to make it seem like I'm the best lynch candidate no matter what I flip so you can look better.

Then again, Look at it from my PoV cuz that's what I'm seeing Swordy.

Swords said:
Okay, I'm honestly now definitely leaning scum with you. I'm not fond of the way that you've been flip flopping your reads like a fish on dry land.
How is this scummy? Lots of words, no answers as to why.

Swords said:
Now, I'm not talking about what you did wrt Joey/RR/TM, because hey, a good honest reread should bear new reads. It's just now, recently. You changed your reads up A LOT, and I don't care for the way that you've done it. You use to have both me and Sang as "super town," but very little has changed since then, and now all of the sudden you're wary of both of us? Especially the way you handled Sang, that doesn't give me good vibes at all:
Changed my reads alot? Kay, how's that scummy? You don't care for what I done to them? Well their my reads so why does your opinion really delve into what I think, so tell me how that's scummy? Nothing has happened to make it change, I got 2 PR claims out of SvT group and I came to about thinking Gheb/Joey as town, that's enough grounds to change some reads around.

You tell me you don't like the way I handled Sang, yet again, no explanation as to why.

Read further here:

Swords said:
Like seriously, where is this coming from? You had her as one of your strongest town reads but then . . . what? She didn't answer that "pick a lynch" question correctly? I'm hard pressed following your change of heart.
You quote me but don't point out where that's scummy. You say your hard pressed to see my change of heart, yet how is that scummy? Swords, explain things please cuz there are no answers here. Why do you think the pick a lynch question was the reason?

Swords said:
Also, this is made worse with this conclusion:

@bolded

For all this "Sang has gotten more interesting stuff," it sure does conclude rather anti-climatically with a "I have a gut read which tells me to be wary of her but her posts look town so IDK!!!" Like really? So what interesting stuff did you find?

Also since when did a gut read keep you from getting a read on someone?
Interesting stuff as in, her slot is interesting to me because I may reading her wrong. Her stuff is interesting because it gives me mixed vibes on her posts. Head is one way, heart is another.

Since when does it matter when a gut read keeps me from getting a read on someone?

Swords said:
This isn't even mentioning the Gheb push, which I never liked due to the fact that I had him as town most of the game (besides from the very beginning). You're off of his wagon now I guess, but that brings up a new problem. That being, you've literally withdrawn all of your original scum reads, and have started to replace them with your town reads. You don't seem to be genuinely concerned with holding true to your reads and fighting for them as evidenced by the fact that you change them around at the drop of a hat.
Swords, yet again I'm asking the same question I've asked above. How is this scummy dude? You say a lot of things yet nothing to state why it's scummy in my actions. Why is changing reads scummy? How is "not staying true" seeming as scummy rather than town trying to find the right answers? If you are calling me out on this, why aren't you calling TM who did the same to me? Why are you not backing up your stuff yet making big posts that make it look like you are?

Swords said:
Now, this is not to be mistaken, I didn't always think this of you J. Earlier this game you're actions (or lack there of) were questionable. Yes, you based your early reads around OMGUS and neglected to try to form reads, but your defense (I was busy) was certainly believable enough, and quite frankly, I find OMGUS to be a usual natural reaction to attacks, regardless of alignment. It was anti-town stuff of you to do, but not necessarily scummy. It's your actions as of now that bother me.
You have not explained nor shown how the actions as of late bother you as scummy behaviour. You say that you are on me now because I am scummy and not just anti-town. Show me.

Swords said:
TM is interesting. Earlier I saw town intent in him, but as of late I've grown a bit more wary. Joey's case does a good joi pointing out how he's kinda just bs'd his way through the game. What really concerns me though is the fact that he has a HUGE lynch pool that came out of nowhere besides from not wanting a J or Felipe lynch. That's definitely worrisome because scum generally doesn't care who they lynch.
This is a terrible paragraph in describing your newfounded dislike for TM once a case has popped up on him. The last line in particular sets off alarm bells because it's a WIFOMy point. IN this paragraph you say that you like what Joey was done but you don't give a definite opinion on TM, you just say he's interesting and that you are wafflying a bit.

Top Bottom