• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High School Mafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Anyone found it ironic that Xsyven was the Tomboy?

That was a blast towards the end once I actually started playing for rizzle. What?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You guys seriously owe everything to Marshigio. Mediocre and I had you guys played.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
If by "had us played" you mean "brought the game to a screeching halt and had everyone disinterested to the point Scav and I had to suggest to Tom to change the rules"...then yeah. Lot of strategy in sitting back, not posting and then killing anyone that posts. That just turns it into a game of luck.

In sum: SHUT IT, XSYVEN! :mad:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
But the point of the game is to have fun, not make it akin to dental surgery. I mean, when some one on your team agrees that it's bad, it's bad.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Woohoo!

Tom, I enjoyed the game and would definitely like to give it another go, but these two things need to be addressed:

1. People need to be active!! To force activity, make voting mandatory from the start. If someone doesn't vote, give them a warning and maybe ask if they want a replacement. After that? He should be immediately lynched. We just didn't have enough evidence to accuse people because the most suspicious bunch weren't posting. And also by "active" I think that everyone should make a greater effort to get into character. You'll have more fun that way!

2. OMG extensions! Too many. I know you want to be accommodating and give everyone a chance to participate, but part of the reason I lost interest like so many of the other active players is that the deadlines were entirely too long and the extensions made matters worse. I'd say, at MOST, give six days for a vote. Like, Monday to Saturday. Then give the mafia all of Saturday night and Sunday to figure out their actions. Then next week starts the next day. This would keep everyone more interested, I think.

I really had fun getting into character. Good theme! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. =P

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I've always found real time games to be the best. You can play with like 11 people starting Monday and be done on Friday in the most extreme scenario. For this, have everyone send a vote to the GM every day and he will announce the lynch results at like 8 PM. At 10 PM the night kill is posted and the Cop and whoever else is watching stuff get their answer. Players who don't vote get a penalty, two of those and you're out.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Oh man. Even though I've been dead longer than ANYONE, I had fun :D Lots of fun.

Tom, you rock. Thanks for convincing me that E-Mafia can be as fun as RL-Mafia ;)

Scav's Thoughts!

Mafia = | Players/3 | - 1
So, 9-11 players would get 2 Mafia. 12-15 players would get 3. 16-19 would get 4. 20+ would get a WTF.

Agreed with Matt on the hard deadlines, and them being more frequent. I know that's not how things work on Mafiascum, but the Broom is a different breed. Plus, making the games move faster means those of us who DIE THE FIRST NIGHT :( :( can play more.

3) Marshigio is banned from the broom

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think 13 can still have 2 Mafia members, you can add a Traitor who has the ability to search for the Cop.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I was the cop, and thought the town was boned when I found out half of the players investigated were dead, another was too hard to lynch, and the last had already told me he was town before I was broomed.

Tom, if you make another one, will you make it a small game? Suspicions are clearer, the game's shorter so people might not lose interest as fast, Tomafia went swimmingly with active people and that was small too, yadda yadda.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You knew who was town before you were even in the game? =/

Someone also told Virg who was Mafia after he died, and other people heard from him. Who knows who told who what. No more talkin', guys. :(

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Xsyven, I asked Tom. Tom told me. Scav knew. I didn't tell anybody. If you're implying that some how word got out to Marshy, you are sorely mistaken.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
[13:33] Xsyven2: You never asked me what my role was. >_>
[13:33] daharshdude: Virg totally told me 2 weeks ago
[13:33] daharshdude: "Xsyven is mafia!"
[13:33] Xsyven2: How did HE know?
[13:33] daharshdude: and i was like "no way, never!"

LIES!

Then again, I told Kiki and Ignatius, so we're even.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
No.

I was talking to someone and he told me that he was town in this game, I wasn't in the Broom at the time so he had nothing to worry about. After being broomed, I joined the game and Kevin had already investigated him, so I would've known his role anyway.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You guys seriously owe everything to Marshigio. Mediocre and I had you guys played.
I do believe I got Mediocre sir! I take you nightkilling me as an honor.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Marshigio knew that Eor was town because Eor told him before Marsh had been close to broomed. When Marsh came into the game, he was the cop who had already invested Eor, so worked out fine. Other than that, I only told Virg, AFTER he died, whom I completely trust, and Scav, AFTER he died, whose telling on the mafia to the town would be counter to his goals in the game (he was mafia traitor, mafia aligned).

I really do appreciate all of the feedback!

The numbers look a bit skewed towards the town, but once you see some of the roles you'll see how it was balanced back towards the mafia's win.

Sent to Mic128 said:
Youngster (VANILLA): You will play the freshman, the younger kid. You have great grades, so good in fact, that you are taking Junior and Senior level classes as a freshman. You respect everyone around you, because of their enhanced social status. You have no special powers. You are town aligned and win when the town wins by eliminating all of the mafia.
Sent to Marc said:
Party Animal (VANILLA): You will play the party animal, the crazy guy. You have pretty poor grades, because you spend most of class sleeping. But you're at every party, and you've got a fake ID. You have no special powers. You are town aligned and win when the town wins by eliminating all of the mafia.
Sent to Eor said:
**** (VANILLA): You will play the ****, the hot chick, the go-to girl. You only make good grades because other guys do your homework; you spend most of the day applying lipstick and bending over to pick up dropped pencils. You have no special powers. You are town aligned and win when the mafia have been defeated.
Sent to CK said:
Dramatic (VANILLA): You will play the dramatic, the thespian, the English-buff. You make pretty good grades, and you are in all of the school plays. You understand the importance of real dramatics, and therefore don't participate in any of the overrated teen-aged "drama." You have no special powers. You are town aligned and win when the mafia have been eliminated.
Sent to redcell said:
Geek (VANILLA): You will play the geek, the over-achiever, the gamer. You have great grades, and you are the captain of the mathletes. You try to keep to yourself at school, and stay out of important peoples' business -- the real fun is in the games after school. You have no special powers. You are town aligned and win when the town wins.
Those were the five (5) vanilla townies.

Sent to Matt said:
Class Clown (VANILLA): You will play the Class clown, the funny guy. You made a name for yourself in middle school as the funny guy, and now you pretty much have to continue with the facade or you will be left empty and heartless. You have no special powers. You are town aligned and win when the town wins by eliminating all of the mafia.

You have a role restriction! Every one of your posts must include a joke of some kind or a funny comment.
There was Matt's class clown role PM, which was made to cause fear of a Jester. Jesters are roles that want to be lynched, and the flavor only makes sense that if there was a jester, it would be the class clown.

Sent to KevinM said:
Prep (COP): You will play the Prep, the prince, the rich kid. You have good grades, but it doesn't matter anyways because you are a legacy. But you hold yourself, and therefore your school, to a high standard; you do not accept mediocrity or, for that matter, evil. You are the cop. Every night, you can send me the name of someone you want to investigate. The next day, you will be given an investigation report on their alignment - town aligned, or mafia aligned. You are aligned with the town and win when the mafia are all out of the game.
Theres your cop.

Sent to OWM said:
Gossiper (PRO-TOWN REPORTER): You will play the Gossiper, the princess, the buzzing bee. You have pretty good grades, but what really interests you is the social scene around the school. You have to be the first to know what new shoes she is wearing or who he dumped to date whom. You are the Reporter. Every night, you can send me the name of someone you want to tail. The next day, you will be given a report on their whereabouts during the night -- who they visited (if anyone), and who visited them (if anyone). You are town aligned and win when the mafia is dead.
There is the Pro-town Reporter, who selects one person every night and sees anyone who visits them and also sees if they visit anyone. Causes confusion because it is pretty limited information, they could have followed the mafia or the doctor or the cop or anything.

Sent to Yeroc said:
Jock (BODYGUARD): You will play the Jock, the meathead, the athelete. You have the worst grades in the class, but the school passes you every year to keep you on their winning sports teams. You are kind of heart, which is a good thing considering your strength. You are the Bodyguard. Every night, you can send me the name of someone you want to protect. If that person is attacked during the night, you will protect them. You have a 50% chance of dying in their stead, and a 50% chance of killing the attacker. You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
I decided to use a BG instead of a Doc, which is fun.

Sent to Goldshadow said:
Outcast (SURVIVOR): You will play the outcast, the loner. You make average grades and try to fly under the radar -- you bother nobody, nobody bothers you, and thats it. You just want to make it through the day and to the weekend. You are the survivor. You have no special powers and no alignments. Your win objective is to simply make it through to endgame.
If Goldshadow guessed that him + #mafia = win, he could reveal himself at the end and joint win with them. Fun stuff.

Sent to AltF4 said:
Goth (VANILLA): You will play the goth, the freak, the shady guy. You have decent grades, but you wouldn't tell anyone because it would ruin your dark image you've built for yourself. You have no special powers. You are town aligned, and you win when all of the mafia have been eliminated.
Alt, im sure you were confused when I didn't just list you as a vanilla townie with the other five. Thats because you weren't one. ;) You were the miller, who thinks he is a townie, and is town aligned, but appears to be guilty if the cop investigates him. So if the cop inv'd you, you'd flip guilty, and probably be prosecuted and lynched. It is a very unique role, and it tilts the game a bit more towards the mafia.

Sent to Scav said:
Teachers' Pet (TRAITOR) You will play the teachers' pet, the suck up. You have amazing grades, but you always have to make sure that the teacher knows that you really care about that specific course. You know that two of the members of your class have been approached by the Faculty to eliminate the rest of the group, but you were not asked by the Faculty to do it yourself. However, you feel the need to help these two individuals (the mafia). You are the traitor. You win when the mafia wins, but you do not count towards the mafia count, meaning that they still need a majority without you to win the game. The mafia do not know who you are. You do not know who the mafia are. You are "town aligned" to any investigative units. You are mafia aligned and win when the town has been eliminated.
It is sad that Scav died night one, because he could have caused a lot of trouble. The traitor is basically the opposite of the miller, he is a mafia who shows up as a townie by cop investigation. Scav didn't know who the mafia were, but he could fake a cop claim, fake a doc claim, pretend important, anything.

Sent to Xsyven said:
Tomboy (MAFIA GOON): You will play the Tomboy, the female athlete. You have pretty good grades, but the real place you shine is in after school activities. You are in the mafia with the Stoner (Mediocre); the two of you have been approached by the Faculty to take out the rest of the students, because they are sick of the reputation of "teenaged drama island" they are getting around town. Every night, the two of you can agree on one person to kill. The Tomboy will be the one to send me the kill, and if she dies, the Stoner will send it. You are mafia aligned and win when all of the town has been eliminated.
Xsyven was the mafia goon.

Sent to Medi said:
Stoner (MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER): You will play the Stoner, the burn-out. You have pretty poor grades, because you're always baked and zoning out during class. You are in the mafia with the Tomboy (Xsyven); the two of you have been approached by the Faculty to take out the rest of the students, because they are sick of the reputation of "teenaged drama island" they are getting around town. Every night, the two of you can agree on one person to kill. The Tomboy will be the one to send me the kill, and if she dies, the Stoner will send it. You are the mafia roleblocker, meaning that every night you can also personally choose one person to smoke out with. They will not be able to make any special actions if they have them. You are mafia aligned and win when all of the town are eliminated.
Medi was the mafia roleblocker. I'm very glad that the RNG chose an experienced player and an unexperienced player for the mafia.

KevinM/Marshigio cop got an inno on Scav N1, which would have proven very nice for the mafia, but they killed Scav. Heh.

Lets see, what else... The BG protected the Survivor a few nights in a row, which I found amusing. The one night he didnt protect GoldShadow, he protected Medi, who killed GoldShadow. Funny.

The cop then got a guilty on Mediocre, but starting attacking Xsyven, the other mafia. I thought that was a very nice strategy, Marshigio.

--

Again, I'm very glad that everyone enjoyed it. I'm going to make a new signups thread for a new game, since some of you have asked for it, I would love to host another one.

Would you guys like to play it in the BRoom, or play it in Decisive Games?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Everyone who was town aligned won the game, but those that died are dead ;)

Medi, Xsyven, Scav lost the game, but they did all play well in their own right.

GoldShadow is in limbo between winning and losing. He lost because he didn't survive until end-game, but he got pretty close lol.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I do believe I got Mediocre sir! I take you nightkilling me as an honor.
You had me pinned as mafia, but your reasons weren't convincing anyone, as far as I could see.

Marshy, I'm curious to know what you would have done if you hadn't gotten the town to lynch me. Would you have claimed, or would you have just kept trying to argue against me as a normal townie?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
lol, Medi you totally had me. I only protected Goldie once though. I did protect Marshy last night though, and I was upset that I let Xsyven get Eor instead, as I expected you to be trying to trip me up like you did on Night 3 with killing Matt seemingly out of nowhere. I totally wanted to try to off somebody with my ability, even though it could have backfired. Oh well, we still won. I'm up for another game also.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I watched pretty much the whole game unfold, it was interesting. I haven't played before, but I'd look to in the next one.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Tom, hosting it here would be better.
Marshy, I'm curious to know what you would have done if you hadn't gotten the town to lynch me. Would you have claimed, or would you have just kept trying to argue against me as a normal townie?
That list I made on the last day? I probably would've posted that and try to convince the townies to at least not lynch anybody else, and try to force it between you, me, and Xsyven. If I died, they'd have found out I was the cop and hopefully put the pieces together from there. If the game wasn't over by then.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Before Marshy's grand takeover, the plan was as follows.

AltF4, for some god awful reason, played to his character. It made him really suspicious, therefore, we had Mediocre spearhead that attack. Meanwhile, I was going for one of the more inactive townies, KevinM. Once AltF4 was lynched, I would have hopefully caused enough drama about KevinM to raise some votes.

As soon as one other person voted KevinM, Mediocre would have jumped on, and that would have won it for us.

*shakes fist at Marshigio*

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I hope everyone learned a valuable lesson. Never ever vote Scav off.

Or was it always vote Scav off?

I vote the former.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
My first one so I was still getting the ropes, but did have fun, though the lack of peole posting made me at the end want to just vote who I think and to hell with what the others think. New role for the future "The Whatever"?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Ah man, I totally called Medi on being mafia! Of course, I was wrong about Marc so I guess it evens out.

I was trying to stick it out with town instead of mafia, figured my chances would be better. Maybe next time.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I had a lot of fun with this game. Inactivity made it frustrating at times and on the last two days it actually felt like it was better to let the people arguing duel it out without real interference so I could get some actual information. I had Eor pegged right, CK I was on the fence about, and Medi I was dead wrong. Thank you Marshy for the end game save.

And Marc, sorry..

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
AltF4, for some god awful reason, played to his character. It made him really suspicious, therefore, we had Mediocre spearhead that attack. Meanwhile, I was going for one of the more inactive townies, KevinM. Once AltF4 was lynched, I would have hopefully caused enough drama about KevinM to raise some votes.
Lol, I thought I was supposed to! Right up until the very end, I figured that everyone else WAS playing their role... mine just happened to be more noticeable.

I guess it did make me suspicious. Would have been ESPECIALLY suspicious if the Cop investigated me, too huh?

How exactly does the cop work anyway? He can't come right out and say: "I'm the cop, and this dude is mafia b/c I investigated him". So does he just know it for himself?

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
How exactly does the cop work anyway? He can't come right out and say: "I'm the cop, and this dude is mafia b/c I investigated him". So does he just know it for himself?
He can and often does in certain situations. We just had a game with zero roleclaims. The problem with claiming often comes from counterclaims and people not believing them. Plus it paints an automatic target on them for the mafia.

Marshy said his backup plan was to out Medi, Xsyven, and himself and if we didn't believe him and lynched him then we'd know he was right on the other two.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
A cop can say "I know this because I'm a cop." But doing so puts a HUGE target on his back. And if he was a naive cop, or a confused cop, then he could be wrong. Revealing your power is always extremely risky, until the last day.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I love how this thread was full of suspicion, killing, what have you and now it's all lovey dovey "ah man, good job, you totally got me lol *pat on back*".

Top Bottom