• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High School Mafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
The principal gives special treatment to the mafia :(

Vote: Xsyven

CK offered to be kicked out earlier and voted Medi.

Alt was yesterday's target, both Medi and Xsyven went after him. CK for a while, but he changed his vote for the better as I just mentioned.

I think Matunas is a townie because he voted Xsyven yesterday and didn't go after Alt.

I believe all 3 should be left alone today.

Really, the only question marks are Xsyven and Yeroc. Yeroc only because he hasn't posted much and hasn't done anything that's screamed townie. I think that if we lynch Xsyven today and the game still isn't over, Yeroc would be a safe bet for lynching.

They'll wait for someone to have one or two votes and then jump on it to push it over the edge. That does give Xsyven some credibility in that respect.
Medi voted you first, then CK, then Xsyven. CK later unvoted after Eor's response to Medi's no lynch suggestion, while Xsyven kept it on, even when it became clear what side Medi was on. If you believe in the piggyback strategy, that's just even more reason to vote him.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahh, my memory must be failing me... and my ability to go back and read posts.

Very well then. That certainly DOES make Xsyven more suspicious.

I'm nearly about to vote for him.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Medi voted you first, then CK, then Xsyven. CK later unvoted after Eor's response to Medi's no lynch suggestion, while Xsyven kept it on, even when it became clear what side Medi was on. If you believe in the piggyback strategy, that's just even more reason to vote him.
I voted for him first, but in a stupid way.

I voted for KevinM, but only because I drunkenly believed that he was sitting back doing nothing. I said in that same post, which was the first vote by the way, "KevinM, if you clear your name, I'm going after Alt."

Whom I still think is Mafia.

Vote: AltF4

I always thought I was a pretty good townsfolk, until Marshigio came in. =/ I had a vote on him as he joined, and he's been biting my *** ever since.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Eh, I really can't say AltF4 is Mafia after being voted on by Medi. On another note, Mediocre and Xsyven voted the same way the entire tire, and Xsyven really needs to clear himself in my eyes.

Who is left exactly?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Still enrolled in Broomer High:
1. Crimson King
3. AltF4
6. Xsyven
9. Matunas replaced <3 (replaced tmw_redcell)
10. Yeroc
13. Marshigio replaced KevinM

I voted for him first, but in a stupid way.
We weren't talking about your vote on KevinM/Me. You voted Alt 3rd, and kept the vote on until the end of the day. You're referring to the first vote of the day. I was saying that you didn't have the first vote on Alt, making you more suspicious by his thoughts on mafia voting. Which is what he asked about.

I voted for KevinM, but only because I drunkenly believed that he was sitting back doing nothing. I said in that same post, which was the first vote by the way, "KevinM, if you clear your name, I'm going after Alt."

Whom I still think is Mafia.

Vote: AltF4
Why do you think Alt is mafia? Why would Medi lead a bandwagon against him if they were on the same side? Especially so close to the end of the game?

Medi was trying to go for Alt because he was one of the most scrutinized townies throughout the game, making him an easy target. You kept the vote on Alt because you're mafia with Medi.

I always thought I was a pretty good townsfolk, until Marshigio came in. =/ I had a vote on him as he joined, and he's been biting my *** ever since.
Yeah, I'm the big bad bully >: (

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Eh, I really can't say AltF4 is Mafia after being voted on by Medi. On another note, Mediocre and Xsyven voted the same way the entire tire, and Xsyven really needs to clear himself in my eyes.

Who is left exactly?
I never voted for Mic! Mediocre did! God, you guys, I've only voted in one successful lynching this entire time! Bad news for me, one of the three that I didn't vote for was Mafia, you guys keep thinking that I'm the arrowhead of every single lynch!

Honestly, I was just being a good little citizen until Marshigio came into the picture, and got way too offensive about my vote. He's the only one taking charge. Other people just follow what he says. He's Hitler!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
We weren't talking about your vote on KevinM/Me. You voted Alt 3rd, and kept the vote on until the end of the day. You're referring to the first vote of the day. I was saying that you didn't have the first vote on Alt, making you more suspicious by his thoughts on mafia voting. Which is what he asked about.
Dude. In that exact post, I said that if Kevin cleard his name, which you did at the moment, then I'd go to Alt. I had my suspicions from the VERY BEGINNING. I didn't follow Mediocre-- they're there, and very clear.

Why do you think Alt is mafia? Why would Medi lead a bandwagon against him if they were on the same side? Especially so close to the end of the game?
Read this part wrong. You have a point, Marshy. Thanks for revealing yourself.

Medi was trying to go for Alt because he was one of the most scrutinized townies throughout the game, making him an easy target. You kept the vote on Alt because you're mafia with Medi.
You really think that Alt is innocent? He's provided nothing. NOTHING. Mediocre has been a really good poster! He was a lot more prominent with his mafia ways now that I look back on 'em, but early in, I had no clue, nor did anyone else.

I totally never even realized this ****... ****, I'm ********.

Yeah, I'm the big bad bully >: (
Yeah.

Unvote Alt
Vote Marshigio

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Okay, allow me to explain myself.

I totally just realized the ramifications of Mediocre being Mafia. I for some reason still read all of his posts as truths, even though they're now obviously lies. THIS IS MY FIRST MAFIA GAME! I forgot that there were actually mafia members...

I still honestly thought Alt was Mafia, even though Mediocre was Mafia and voting for him. I really shouldn't be posting at 5am.

OKAY. NOW THAT I'M NOT ********, I switched my vote to the ever-so-enthusiastic Marshy. One, because he came late in the game and was extremely offensive about a vote on him that I placed on one of the more inactive members that he replaced.

Kevin had posted valuable information, just not enough for me to be satisfied with. Crimson King, Yeroc, and Matunas weren't much more active, but they're more believable-- if that makes any sense-- ie, they're not spearheading this close to the end of the game, like our good buddy Marshigio.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Dude. In that exact post, I said that if Kevin cleard his name, which you did at the moment, then I'd go to Alt.
I didn't deny you saying you'd go for Alt when you voted KevinM. I was saying that you did not vote Alt first, and that you voted him third. You were the first to mention going for Alt, but you didn't vote for him first.

Me! said:
Xsyven said:
Leading a bandwagon by itself isn't suspicious, it's if the reasoning for it is bull**** or not. By what you said, anybody that ever tries to convince the town to lynch somebody is mafia. Besides, a bandwagon is when people hop on to another person's vote because it's the easy way out, without giving clear reasons. So far, I'm the only person voting for you, and I'm giving my reasons for it.

OKAY. NOW THAT I'M NOT ********, I switched my vote to the ever-so-enthusiastic Marshy. One, because he came late in the game and was extremely offensive about a vote on him that I placed on one of the more inactive members that he replaced.
I didn't like a vote being on me, and suspecting both you and Medi, I thought your vote would be better off on Medi. Or yourself, but that wouldn't make sense. You're also exaggerating about me being too offensive. Linking to KevinM's posts drove my point, and I responded the way I did to clear any doubt others had about me by reading your post. Like I am now.

Crimson King, Yeroc, and Matunas weren't much more active, but they're more believable-- if that makes any sense-- ie, they're not spearheading this close to the end of the game, like our good buddy Marshigio.
One person, thinking they finally have things figured out near the end, gets all up in another players grill, the attacked player comes back, then both players proceed to a *****fest. The other players watch waiting to see who gets served, then vote the most suspicious person. A lot of mafia games end like this, it's not like the person who accused someone is more suspicious because of it. It all depends on what they say to try and convince people to vote for the other.

TL;DR: You vote me, I explain why you shouldn't, and you blame drunkenness. You vote Alt, I question you, and you pretend that you weren't able to pick it up because of your drunkenness. You go back to me because I'm going after you. While drunk. Your reasoning to lynch people hasn't been convincing.

Vote stays.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Sorry I haven't been more active today. This is my week from hell when it comes to school.

I'm trying to figure out where to go at this point. I had it planted so firmly in my head that Mediocre was town that I started taking his word on almost everything. That was up until the no-lynch idea of yesterday.

I find myself struggling with the same problem on the opposite side of the spectrum with Xsyven. I've thought of him as Mafia for awhile now and it's making me read all of his posts as if they we're lies and attempts to lead us in the wrong direction. My basis behind this so far has mostly intuition, hence my lack of action in that direction.

Most of today I've been hanging back due to personal time restrictions and to see what develops from the Marshigio/Xsyven debate. I was hoping for some input from Yeroc as well.

I'll be here reading and hopefully posting whenever I get the chance.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Dude. In that exact post, I said that if Kevin cleard his name, which you did at the moment, then I'd go to Alt. I had my suspicions from the VERY BEGINNING. I didn't follow Mediocre-- they're there, and very clear.

You really think that Alt is innocent? He's provided nothing. NOTHING. Mediocre has been a really good poster! He was a lot more prominent with his mafia ways now that I look back on 'em, but early in, I had no clue, nor did anyone else.

I totally never even realized this ****... ****, I'm ********.

Yeah.

Unvote Alt
Vote Marshigio
Okay, allow me to explain myself.

I totally just realized the ramifications of Mediocre being Mafia. I for some reason still read all of his posts as truths, even though they're now obviously lies. THIS IS MY FIRST MAFIA GAME! I forgot that there were actually mafia members...

I still honestly thought Alt was Mafia, even though Mediocre was Mafia and voting for him. I really shouldn't be posting at 5am.

Kevin had posted valuable information, just not enough for me to be satisfied with. Crimson King, Yeroc, and Matunas weren't much more active, but they're more believable-- if that makes any sense-- ie, they're not spearheading this close to the end of the game, like our good buddy Marshigio.
I spy two edits :mad::mad::mad:

I just start to like the game and then I die.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer

I wish I had time to explain myself tonight, so I'll try to post something when I wake up in the morning before work. Marshy's debate on this page with him really puts Xsy at the forefront of my suspicion. Ideally I would like to have tomorrow afternoon to discuss this more with people, but that's up to Tom.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yeah, do we really want to deliver the Death Blow on Xsyven just like that?

Crimson King - Not voted yet.
AltF4 - Not yet voted.
Xsyven - Marshigio
Matunas - Not yet voted.
Yeroc - Xsyven
Marshigio - Xsyven

By no means is I am anywhere near convinced that Xsyven isn't mafia, but I will say his actions this round are just typical of any playing being targeted. Whoever questions him, he votes for. I get that.

Xsyven and Alt, before I vote, give me some indication that you actually are innocent. Alt, I can go either way on, but Xsyven, I am leaning towards as Mafia, just because of his votings with Mediocre, albeit the few their were. Basically, convince me I am wrong, because I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that Mediocre was just convincing to you.

My reasoning for this, and I hope Alt and Matunas agree, we don't need to oust the wrong person just because we think we are on a roll.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Like CK said I was hoping for some more discussion before putting my vote on someone. Yes I'm leaning toward Xsyven, but that doesn't mean it is a definite as of yet.

Tomorrow my major projects in school will be over and I'll be able to be more active than I have been this week.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I'll list the other remaining players and explain why I don't think they should be lynched.

Crimson King
Gave the last vote for Medi yesterday to lynch him. If he was mafia, why would he knock out his own partner so near the end of the game? Why would he offer to lynch himself instead of getting a replacement if he was mafia?

AltF4
Medi tried to get him lynched yesterday after going for the dead Mic. Both were examples of him trying to go for townies that hadn't posted much info. If he was mafia, why would Medi try to get him lynched near the end of the game?

Matunas
I've believed him to be town ever since he voted for Xsyven yesterday. He's made helpful posts, and I don't really see anything against him. He had believed Medi to be town throughout most of the game, but so have most players.

Yeroc
Really, he's the only other person I find suspicious. It's only because he hasn't posted much, and even then he's explained why. 'Course, I think he's a townie because he voted Xsyven today.

Finally, we could no-lynch, but that'd be terrible.

Meanwhile, Xsyven has hinted that I'm leading a bandwagon. How is 1 vote a bandwagon in any way? He also keeps his vote on me because I came late in the game and got "extremely offensive". It was an exaggeration, as all I did was link to KevinM's earlier posts to defend myself, because he voted me for KevinM's actions. I also think it was pretty obvious that he was lying when he was all "WHOOPS, DIDN'T READ THAT RIGHT HAHA UNVOTE: ALT, VOTE: GUY THAT'S QUESTIONING ME". I find it really, really hard to believe that he just happened to misread the thread right when he's being questioned. It was a way to get out of explaining why he voted Alt, since there are no good reasons to vote him.

CK says Xsyven voted me because I was questioning him, but how is that favorable to Xsyven at all? You vote someone when you think they're mafia so they can be lynched. His reasoning for voting me is weak, and I've already explained, but he keeps it on to keep a 1-1 vote between him and me so he doesn't get lynched by the plurality.

Really, Xsyven is way more suspicious than the other remaining players. Most of the other players haven't voted for yet so we can discuss more, but no one has actually brought up anything else. It makes sense though. How could we justify lynching anybody else?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It was a way to get out of explaining why he voted Alt, since there are no good reasons to vote him.
Sho uld be
Marshy said:
It was a way to get out of explaining why he voted Alt, since there are no good reasons to vote him, then use the opportunity to stick a vote on me without looking suspicious. He could just say that he voted me because I was questioning him. That's still weak, but better than having the only vote be on him.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Look, to put it plain and simple, I totally just spaced the fact that Mediocre was Mafia, seeing as its the first one this game.

And yeah, you're obviously leading something. You've accused me of leading every single lunch thusfar, when I've only been in one. You're trying to get me out of the picture-- and I think the only reason is because I had an initial vote on KevinM that you over reacted to. I agree with your most recent post about the remaining students-- you're just not on it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Mashigio, you covered everyone but yourself. Now, that alone can be seen two ways: mafia taking yourself out of people to cover, or townie minimizing your importance. At this point in the game, as mafia, I believe you would have point a clear finger (as you did at Xsyven) and either completely redeem yourself or scatter the blame. You aimed to redeem yourself by vilifying Xsyven. I'm not saying this is definitely a mafia type of thought pattern, but I just wanted to point it out. Honestly, I am split between you and Xsyven at this point, with a strong leaning towards Xsyven.

I need to go back and look at who actually was the first to vote in most lynchings, but I'll post that probably tomorrow after I am done my projects for school. A lot of what Mashy said was dead accurate (Why would Medi for for Alt?). I will say this, if Xsyven ISN'T mafia, Yeroc and Mashy must be just because of the breakdown that Mashy provided. I'm pretty conflicted here, but I'll have a vote by tomorrow.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
And yeah, you're obviously leading something.
Yes, I'm trying to convince the town to lynch you. However, I'm not trying to lead a bandwagon against you. Leading a bandwagon would involve me trying to get you to tell us your role, and/or vote you without giving reasons. You haven't explained how leading something is a bad thing. Again, by what you said, anybody that tries to get another player lynched is leading a bandwagon.
At this point in the game, as mafia, I believe you would have point a clear finger (as you did at Xsyven) and either completely redeem yourself or scatter the blame. You aimed to redeem yourself by vilifying Xsyven. I'm not saying this is definitely a mafia type of thought pattern, but I just wanted to point it out.
This might be the last day of the game if we lynch Xsyven, or at least very close to the end. From my point of view, it's painstakingly obvious that he's mafia, so 'course I'm gonna go for it. What you said could also apply to a townie who's convinced that he has a mafioso.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
band·wag·on (bānd'wāg'ən) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. An elaborately decorated wagon used to transport musicians in a parade.
2. Informal A cause or party that attracts increasing numbers of adherents: young voters climbing aboard the party's bandwagon.
3. Informal A current trend: "Even brand-name [drug] companies . . . have jumped on the generics bandwagon" (Beth Howard).
As for Mashy: I don't disagree with you, but I am just trying to point out that it no way sways me away from you.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sadly, with Marshigio joining later in the game, looking at vote records doesn't help. All that it shows is that all of us have voted for innocent people at sometime in the game. The only ****ing evidence is this:

Vote Count
Mediocre (3): Eor, Marshigio, CK
AltF4 (2): Xsyven, Mediocre
Xsyven (1): Matunas
Marshigio (1): AltF4
Not Voting (1): Yeroc

One was mafia, the other wasn't, while with Medicore, one is a confirmed townie, and the other two are well me and Marshigio. AltF4 voting Marshigio, which is a bit out there. Sadly, all I can go on is the fact that Xsyven voted for AltF4 when Mediocre clearly was guilty.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count: (with six alive, it takes three to lynch. [3/6])
Xsyven (2): Marshigio, Crimson King
Marshigio (1): Xsyven
Not voting (3): AltF4Warrior, Yeroc, Matunas
A deadline has been set for Sunday, November 16th, Noon EST.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
So yeah, I've been pretty inactive today. It's a combination of not knowing exactly what to say and being incredibly busy with school.

As of right now I think he is the most suspicious so Vote: Xsyven.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sadly, I don't know if Matunas' vote counted. The timestamp on his post says 1:45 pm, and the deadline was Noon, EST. Tom? Ruling?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Sadly, I don't know if Matunas' vote counted. The timestamp on his post says 1:45 pm, and the deadline was Noon, EST. Tom? Ruling?
Well, it doesn't count, but as always at deadline a plurality acts as a majority so the result is the same.

Deadlined Vote Count: (with six alive, it takes three to lynch. [3/6])
Xsyven (2): Marshigio, Crimson King
Marshigio (1): Xsyven
Not voting (3): AltF4Warrior, Yeroc, Matunas

--

As you all work on your shop projects, it is very tempting to take a saw or drill to each others faces. The kid sitting next to you could quite easily be mafia. There are six of you left... if you mess up, is today your final day? If there are two mafia left then a mislynch could be your final fatal mistake... if there is one mafia left then you can only survive one more mislynch. On the other hand, if there is one mafia left and you correctly lynch him, the game is over...

The PA system dings, and you hear the principals voice:

"Xsyven, please report to my office immediately. You are no longer enrolled in BRoomer High."

"...sigh. I hope they don't cut me from the basketball team for this," Xsyven remarks as she grabs her bag and heads towards the door.

Xsyven, the tomboy (mafia goon), has been lynched!

After a few minutes of stiff silence, the principal walks into the 'shop classroom.

"Congratulations, students. You have successfully eliminated all of the mafia! And only half of you had to die to do it! Well done. Hopefully now our school will have a better reputation..."

To the principals dismay, the headlines of tomorrow's paper will read "MURDER-HIGH, PRINCIPAL ARRESTED." You can't just kill people and get away with it.

Game over! Town wins!

All roles and night actions will posted shortly. I would love to hear what you thought about the game.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Tom, you did a great job hosting. I liked the fluff and you tried your best to keep the game going.

I do have some complaints about the system. The game took way too long and people were clearly losing interest. Also, if you're not going to play, don't bother signing up. I was really impressed by some people (mostly Mediocre, I only suspected you because you didn't die) and disappointed with some others.

As for my own gameplay... My goal became to get the game active again, so I started calling people out on their actions. Some people thought I was unpleasant, but I hope they realise by now this is just a game. I think I've succeeded in getting the Town information, but it did cost me my life and I didn't manage to find out everyone. In my last couple of days I was too busy defending myself to really keep an eye on everybody else and the only one I thought really suspicious when I died was Mediocre. After him I'd have gone for either Xsyven or Crimson King, but the latter would have been wrong. We got lucky with Scav, I doubt I'd have gotten him. No regrets though.

GG guys.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I just tried to get things fomenting: if no one posts it's pretty boring. You guys should know I never lie!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah I would be down for another one with some more activity.
Especially since its hard to play a cop when theres 0 activity, because its hard to push for a lynch on a mafia member if you're only one of 3-4 people posting at the time.

All in all GG guys sorry I had to leave halfway through, but good job stepping it up for me M.

Top Bottom