• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Peter being friends with Future Hiro has nothing to do with Peter exploding. Don't assume that Peter is going to do it on purpose - it's possible he couldn't control it.

It's a definite that Peter survives, and he has a scar. It might have something to do with the exploding episode.

As for Sylar being able to use his powers in the cell, it might be possible that he used his initial sense of "being able to see what makes things tick" - in this case, the cell - and changed his brain once again to bypass it. It should also be interesting to note that Eden's power of persuasion no longer worked on Sylar. He probably fixed his brain to become immune to that as well.

If that's the case, then Sylar is indeed someone very powerful and dangerous.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
i'm wondering, does anybody else here think this? read below:

Okay, so the artist said he painted a picture of a man exploding. If you looked in the previews for when it'll start on January 22nd, (I think that's when) it showed Peter in the middle of New York screaming, and turning red like he was ready to blow up. Anybody else think that Peter is the guy that's gonna blow up? Personally I think Hiro will do something and save him. or Claire's dad will do something.

and in reply to this:
And Sylar = too broken. How he managed to get out of the power-dampening room makes absolutely no sense at all. Obviously, the room itself manages to neutralize powers, no Mr. Clean necessary--so Sylar's armswing that magically shattered a huge sheet of safety glass just didn't add up. There better be an explanation for this.

maybe the girl turned off the effects of the room. if she used her powers, that would have meant that he probably could have used his powers too. I mean, i'm sure they made it to where nobody could use their powers outside of the room there, that way nobody with powers could break him out.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I know this is a long shot but does anyone have link to someplace I can watch all the episodes if I wanna get into the series?

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
I thought the Hatian was the only thing keeping him back, not some weird technically built room... anyways...

I'm more interested in Hiro's trip back in time, where he fights off dinosaurs with a katana, then whether Eden was a good character or not. Also, as previously stated, Eden's powers were not taken and Sylar was kept in the facility based on the images from the webcomic.

Oh, and sorry EEvisu but nothing online has full episodes. You can always go to the site to watch the last episode aired though along with viewing tons of cool clips and the webcomic! NBC.com/Heroes

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I'm more interested in Hiro's trip back in time, where he fights off dinosaurs with a katana, then whether Eden was a good character or not. Also, as previously stated, Eden's powers were not taken and Sylar was kept in the facility based on the images from the webcomic.
Yeah, that'll be good. I have a feeling the sword they showed him with is the same sword he has as future Hiro.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
the episodes are all on the NBC website in full, thats where I watch the ones I miss.

EDIT:
Oh, WoZ by no means was I saying he purposely explodes. I was making the assumption that a nuclear scale explosion would kill him and he would have time to become friends with hiro.

My theory is that his dream's aren't nessesaily precognitive, I think they are more based around the people he is near (both mentally and physically). While his flight dream did happen he was also around his brother at the time. He had his dream of that girl's father (his now girlfriend's father) while he died, and of his brother flying when he flew during the car crash.

My Point: I think this dream is way more sybolic of what may come since I know the writers wouldn't of just put it in on a whim. I think peter may have been seeing though someone else's eyes or that it may just be simply explained as peter putting too much presure on his self, so much that he feels like he'll explode.

I guess we'll just have to see.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
There is no way that Hiro will ever actually have to fight a real Dino (T-rex, Allosaur, whatever). First off, NBC doesn't have the budget to produce a convincing dino (see the poorly created CG polar bear from Lost), and secondly, it would be a nightmare to actually shoot it.

I'm guessing--as lame as it sounds--that Hiro somehow finds himself in the Museum of Natural History in NY. And a certain psychotic telekinetic is throwing things at Hiro (like he used lockers when pursuing Claire/Peter), and chooses to throw a display dinosaur at Hiro instead.

I can't wait for Hiro to bust out the katana.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
I dunno, if they get the rights to use a predesigned dino like one from the movie King Kong, then it might be easier on the budget. I'd personally like if that'd happen <<

applejack

Smash Journeyman
How would he fight it? Why would he? He could just freeze time and stab the thing in the toe and be a mile away before it felt it if he wanted to. I think the dino could have been a symbol, something big and bad. Or a shapeshifter, just thought of that.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I think it is an actual dinosaur but that they won't show the fight. Maybe one day Ando can't find Hiro and Hiro comes out of no where with the sword and bruises all over him.

Ando: Hiro...you didn't...
Hiro: It was my destiny!

Something like that.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I would like to know more of Sylar's background, and who else's powers he has obtained.
Somewhere there must've been a guy who is impervious to bullets, because he took half a dozen to the chest earlier, and he said to Eden that even shooting him in the head wouldn't kill him.
What other power(s) has he shown so far?

In Peter's vision, do you think there were only Heroes that he saw, or only people closely involved with already-known Heroes? It would be interesting to find out that Claire's father and Mohinder and Simone and Ando all have powers (they had to save SOMETHING for the rest of the season).

Edit
I just watched the episode again,
and it looked like everyone but Peter knew that something was happening with him. Clair said 'I'm sorry' before she ran away, Isaac held Simone back, Hiro lowered his head and walked away, etc.
And from the preview for the 22nd, you can see that Hiro gets his sword, Nikki/Jessica is in jail (with DL and Micah visiting...which is pretty stupid considering DL is a wanted criminal o_O), and that Claire regains her friendship with her ex-dudefriend. (Forgot his name =/)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Anyone else think that the dinosaur is someone's power? Image projection.

I dont think Peter explodes either. I know I saw a missle heading for the city in one of the earlier episodes.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think maelstroms theory is the most feasible regarding the dinosaur. Unless NBC wants to go the "poorly animated creature" route.

Where are you guys watching the preview at?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I could have sworn it was in that episode where Future Hiro with the sword went back in time to talk to Peter on the train. (It was at the very last minute of the show. It was a cliff-hanger that continued on to another week.) I think Nicky was hiding from DL also; before we find out that DL can phase through stuff.

Edit: I think it was either episode 4: Collisions or 5: Hiros.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Hey I have an off-subject question.
When Nathan was in Las Vegas and he was chased out of his room by Mr. Bennett and the Hatian, how did he fly away? The Hatian guy was pretty close so I'd think he couldn't use his powers to fly. Or maybe I missed something?

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Well, most people presume that the Haitian's (Mr. Clean's) power-suppressing abilities are only applicable to mind-related powers--i.e., he can only negate powers that involve the mind instead of the body. Hence why he can cancel out Psycop's mind-reading, Eden's verbal persuasion, or Sylar's telekinesis, but not Nathan's flying. That's what the theory is, anyways.

And they really, really need to show more of Sylar's powers. Basically, everything he's done up to this point has been straight-up telekinesis. After killing 10+ superheroes and absorbing their powers, you'd think he'd use a bit more variety when killing or fighting, as opposed to spamming just one power over and over.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Maybe he can also use instant transmission? That could explain how he caught up to Peter so fast on the steps. Either that or he telekinesis'd himself up there.
There is one other power he has shown, though: COFFEE MAGNET
How else do you explain what he did to the coffee in the diner?

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Sylar also used a freeze power. On the second episode wasn't there a woman frozen on the wall? Or he used telekinisis to stop the atoms from moving thus freezing them.

I think the Haitian just has mental powers. Altering memories and blocking mental powers. I wonder what would happen if Peter and him were in the same room? They block each others blocking power....nevermind.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Well, a double-negative.... O_o Maybe the Haitian causes Peter to expode? (Yeah I know the two were relatively close in the police station, but maybe there is another factor here.)
Not impossible.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
So...
The Haitian is a bad guy, because he wants the opposite of Claire's dad, who obviously just wants the best for her.
I also gotta say that Mr. Bennett dies; in his greatest hour of need he is stricken down by newly-revealed bad guy, Mr. Clean (think The Lion King).
>_>' The series' narrator, Mohinder, should die too (think...eh...Desperate Housewives).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I don't think the Haitan is bad because he didn't erase Claire's memory. He said it was important for her to remember.

I couldn't sleep on New Year's and and ended up flicking through the channels just as the actress who plays Claire was on some show talking about Heroes. She said the new thing for the rest of the season would be the list.

She mentions something along the lines of 'There has been a mystery surround my parent's on the show and who is on the list'. Or something like that. I didn't exactly understand what she was saying but it sounded like Claire's parent's names would be on the list. So it's possible one may still be alive.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I thought it was OK, although some of the side plots are becoming very uninteresting (Nikki and DL). I'm wondering how Sprague and Peter are eventually going to meet and if Ted turns out to be a vengeful baddie. And Hiro is just awesome: "Flying man!" "Not so loud." "...flying man...

EDIT: WoZ! What happened to your creepy,smiling, multistereotypical guy?

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Any theories on how the Invisible Man can keep Peter from exploding/controlling his powers? I personally don't see the connection.

Flying man! SHOOO!
Hey keep it down.
...shooo.

Edit: =P Thanks a lot Virgilijus.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Episode was Great! Nicki is just so evil and is it my imagination or did I see Jessica use her power in breaking that officers knight stick in half? I dont know if she was Jessica or Nicki, but it looked like Jess. Super strength power! Either way the invisible man's name is Claude. We will learn more about him later lol. Anyway looks like Hiro's quest is still for that sword and looks like his going to butt heads with Lynderman soon.

oh and I loved it when Hiro saw Nathan and cried out "Flyinng Maaan". lol

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I phased out most of the show because I was playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. >_>

I did see the "Flying Man!" part though. It seems like that was the highlight of everyone's episode.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I think Nikki is getting control of Jessica's strength, she looked as surprised at what she did as the guards. Don't they have cameras in the visitng rooms? You would think someone would notice DL's hand going through the glass.

Lynderman seems to have a lot to do with the heroes, he has Isaac's paintings, gave Nathan money, has dealings with DL and Nikki/Jessica and has Hiro's sword. I think he is who Mr. Bennet works for.

Hiro seems to be the comedic character.

Who is Sprague again? Is he the radioactive guy?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Yeah, he's the radioactive guy who was also making fireballs from his hands in the rickety house in Nevada.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Sensai said:
Flying man! SHOOO!
Hey keep it down.
...shooo.
BEST. LINES. EVER.

Seriously, Hiro is the best part of this show. It's completely uncontested. I don't know which writer/producer thought of Hiro, but he deserves an Emmy.

It's really depressing whenever you have the whole characters-struggling-against-an-inevitable-future thing. Like in Oedipus Rex, where Oedipus flees his parents to prevent the awful prophecy about him occurring, but in trying to avoid his fate, he actually brings it about. Peter's leaving NY for Nevada, but he's heading STRAIGHT for Radioactive Man. What a poor guy.

And Matt is kind of screwed now. His job with the FBI is gone, his marriage is in ruins. . .can't a cop ever catch a break?

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
Lynderman is just part of the way that the writers are bringing everyone together. I don't think he actually has much of a role other than being a plot device.

Peter obviously acquires Sprague's radioactive power when he explodes, but I don't know why he does (explode, the is). It seems like the other heroes would have something to do with it.

I'm really looking forward to more of Christopher Eccleston's (spelling?) character (invisible guy who's laughing when the explosion is happening). Few of the actors are particularly brilliant, and although it's a brilliant show none-the-less, I love Christopher Eccleston and I bet he'll bring some nice stuff to Heroes. Also, I'm interested in what he and Peter could do together.

I also love Hiro.

Top Bottom