• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes, a reason to watch NBC this fall

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hiro... is... AWESOME...
Love the part maelstorm mentioned, and when he wanted to stop time but can only make it slower, he goes "Hmm Good enough" haha... then he runs and the guards are like "sssttooopp hhiiimmm!!" all slow-mo hahaha...

I was suprised of the invisible guy, Im sure peter will ask him to teach him to learn how to use his powers and avoid the explosion, but with the guy laughing in his dream, I believe he'll teach how to use his powers in a way he wont be able to control it, thus radioactive Sprague gets to NY and somehow peter will avoid the explosion, and not to mention like marthmaster added, having all of the heroes, and not be able to control his powers, peter will overload, but at the lst minute he'll be able to control all of them without exploding... IMO thats how its gonan work...

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think Heroes has lost its spark?
There are too many heroes squeezed into an episode. That by itself wouldn't be so bad, but they try, instead of putting one or two huge cliffhangers, make EVERY SINGLE HERO have a mini-cliffhanger. It's enough to make you just not care.
And speaking of not caring: Nikki.

Or maybe I'm just pessimistic because the last two episodes have had next to nothing worthwhile in them. >_>
However (and I say this every week =P) the preview for next week's show looks good, so I hope it's better than the last couple.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Could Claire's father be Sylar?
He certainly has an interest in Claire (of course, her power isn't too shabby, but maybe there's something more to it). When the narrator for the preview mentions her father, it has a flash of a guy in a purple shirt, with a gold watch.
5 days 'til we know for sure.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I f'cking knew it was gonna be peters brother, the gold watch pretyt much gave it away IMO, lol I was surpised by yesterdays episode:

Nikki (thats the name of the split personality woman rite?) was released from asylum...

Claires father being peters brother (forgot name), which I kinda tought he was...

and peters power, I tought he can only used the powers of other people when there close, but it seems he can save the powers within himself, and then used them l8r, I like the last part where peter is using all of the powers, and hes like all scared, then the invisible guy knocks him out and goes "*sigh* that will do I guess" haha, the invisible guy is becoming one of my favorite heroes, training peter and all, his personality is awesome XD...

I was pissed that the cop guy didnt appear in the episode...

I gotta learn the names, can someone like post the name of the character and its power, cuase im tired of saying the cop guy, split pwersonality woman and all of that...

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Hiro= Space Time Manipulation
Micah=Technopath
DL=Phaser
Nikki/Jessica= Super strenth, twin personality
Claire's Mother=Pyro
Clarie=Regeneration
The Haitian=Mind Wipe
Peter Petrelli= Power Sponge/Chameleon
Nathan Petrelli=Flight
Issac = Artists foresight
Matt Parkman= Mind reader
Theodore Sprauge= Radiation
sylar= Unkown (phychic, possible levitation, superstrength)
Claude= INvisibilty
Hana= Electronic Reception

these are the ones i know now

also for that OMFG ALL EPISODES IS CLIFF HANG NOOBERZ
stfu. THat is great. THere is no other show on Heroes level as a scifi thriller. It's on the top, with 24 and PRison break. The cliffhanging just makes ou crave the end more and more, n a good way, because it is fun to see how the puzzle comes together

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
urban shinobi said:
THere is no other show on Heroes level as a scifi thriller. It's on the top, with 24 and PRison break.
4400 was essentially the same thing as Heroes, except with better writing and acting. LOST can also be considered a sci-fi thriller/mystery/drama, and its focus on character development is far more advanced than anything Heroes has to offer. And I think Dexter probably surpasses both 24 and Heroes on multiple levels.

The thing is, all of us only like Heroes because we're comic book fanboys at heart that just want to see superpowers being flung about. Heck, we were all raised on X-Men/Superman/Batman/Spiderman: TAS, Captain Planet, and Star Wars. We can't resist watching this kind of stuff.

And was anyone else just confused as to why Sylar decided to randomly use a southern accent, when it was completely unnecessary? And the fact that Hiro's encounter with his father contributed practically nothing to the overall storyline?

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
And was anyone else just confused as to why Sylar decided to randomly use a southern accent, when it was completely unnecessary? And the fact that Hiro's encounter with his father contributed practically nothing to the overall storyline?
I guess Sylar had the accent because it made him seem more down-to-earth and being in the south.
Yeah, Hiro's father really didn't do much except trash the painting. Maybe that whole sub-plot just served as an introduction to Hiro's sister?

urban_shinobi said:
also for that OMFG ALL EPISODES IS CLIFF HANG NOOBERZ
stfu. THat is great. THere is no other show on Heroes level as a scifi thriller. It's on the top, with 24 and PRison break. The cliffhanging just makes ou crave the end more and more, n a good way, because it is fun to see how the puzzle comes together
o_O Huh. Well I didn't expect to be flamed for my opinion, but meh.
Having half a dozen cliffhangers an episode isn't necessary, especially if they are pointless.

Micah: "Hey Dad, I just got a backpack full of money!"
DL: =/
-End Scene-

And in this latest episode, they didn't show DL at ALL, and only had Micah run up to a closed door with a Scrabble box. Yep, the puzzle really came together.
Next time don't take opinions so personally. =/

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I have to disagree that comic fans are the only ones who find this show appealing. There are plenty of people who don't read comics who like this show. I'm one of them.

The one thing I don't like is that Claire and Hiro's stories are just so much more interesting that you don't really care about the other ones. It doesn't help when ,as smooth one mentioned, they get next to no screen time. It might just be for the first season though.

What's that Jessica's pretending to be Nikki? Who cares? Show me who Claire's mom is.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Did anyone notice that at the end of the show, they no longer said, "Save the cheerleader; save the world"? It was something else. I wish I could remember.

Stryks

Smash Hero
They should at least say: Are u on the list??
I still dont see the point in saving claire, I know she will be way more important sooner or l8r, but seriously so far it seems kidna pointless... (dont bash me, I know sooner or l8r shes gonna save the world or soemthing)

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
the point was that if sylar, biggest threat at the time, were to get claire, he would be unstoppable, as he now could regenerate at will (he cant regen right now, only phsycicly stop pain) he would be able to go and destryo everyone

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
O_o It never even occurred to me to me that it wasn't about saving Claire, but stopping Sylar from getting Claire's power. Nice catch.

Why do you guys think Mohinder teams up with Sylar?

wakerofthewinds

Smash Journeyman
I think i saw something....
For the preview for the next episode(on TONIGHT lolololollolol), ZACH TAYLOR's name was on a sticky note on Mohinder's map thing. ZACH TAYLOR. Claire's friend? Yep.

I guess we'll have to find out tonight.
O yea, what's up with that funky "oooooohhhhwwweeeoaaaaooowww" music in the background?

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you guys should meet Maverick-X. He looks EXACTLY like the Asian guy from Heroes. He even does the face scrunch, stop-time thing. Greatness.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I hate Peter's character now. He's too powerful and makes the usefulness of other characters sorta a little less. I mean, it was one thing that he could only absorb powers of those close to him and he couldn't recall them, but now? And not only that, he can also see the future in his dreams or something? Makes the show a little stupid to me now.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
He can be very powerful, IF he learns to control his powers. Otherwise he's more bad than good. But, the same thing was said about Hiro, so I'd bet there will be some unfortunate circumstance that limits his power.
I wonder if he even has to have previously used the persons' powers to recall them. Maybe he can even use Sylar's powers.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
I just hate Peter. Why did they have to entrust the survival of New York City, if not more, to HIM?

Claude is probably my favorite character. Then Mr. Bennett.

Also, he doesn't necessarily see the future in his dreams, as New York probably wont end up exploding. It could be more of a 'what may happen if you don't intervene' thing going on. If it was the absolute future, this entire series would be pretty much futile.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
ZACH TAYLOR's name was on a sticky note on Mohinder's map thing. ZACH TAYLOR. Claire's friend? Yep.
Oh carp. I didn't want to admit this to myself, but Heroes is getting lame. This just pushed me over the edge. I'll probably still watch it though. Hiro!!!

Edit: It wasn't Claire's friend. :( You jerk. I missed the second half of the episode.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm not sure if Peter can always use the abilities though. I think he may just be able to store an ability until he next meets that person. When he successfully used Claire's power he says something like he just expelled energy (I can't remember exactly).

If he can permanently use any ability thei're probably using that as a counter to Sylar.

I liked the last episdoe because it addressed the monotony of Nikki's story. For once I actually wanted to watch her. I thought it was interesting that Nikki was the first one that seemed to be physically present instead of only seen in a mirror.

One thing I would like to see is someone who is able to avoid getting killed by Sylar because of their ability.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if Peter can always use the abilities though. I think he may just be able to store an ability until he next meets that person. When he successfully used Claire's power he says something like he just expelled energy (I can't remember exactly).
He wasn't anywhere near Claire though. =/ (How did Peter get back to NYC, anyway? Did Nathan transfer him to a hospital up there after he collapsed or something?)
When Sprague threw Peter off the roof, Peter said that on the way down he got a 'flash' reminding him of Claire, then he used her power. Then he explained it to Sprague that all he had to do was remember them.
Of course my memory isn't perfect so please correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Yeah I'm glad they spent some time away from Peter for an episode and focused more on Nikki. However they didn't show where Micah's load of money went. >_>''
I wonder if Micah's powers clash with the Satellite Lady's.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Actually, Sprague is Radioactive Man; Claude is the invisible guy. When Peter was thrown off the roof, he realized that all he had to do was remember how he felt around superpowered people or how the superpowered people made him feel. And then he overloaded until Claude punched him in the face. Good times.

And last night's episode was kind of lackluster. It's sad to see that Matt is so underappreciated. He gets screwed in practically every single scenario. . .the poor guy.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
SmoothOne, I know Claire wasn't near him. That's why I said I think he may be able to store the ability until he next meets them. When he first met Claire he may have stored it and used it when he fell off of the roof. Claire ran up to check on him and he obtained it again.

Again, I'm not even sure about this I'm just speculating.

Maelstorm, they might be setting Matt up to become a villian. Or at least face some difficulty in the choices he makes, hence the stolen diamonds.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Thanks for correcting me maelstrom. I remembered Ted's last name, but not Claude's.

Okay Chill, I didn't get from your earlier post that you meant Peter could store the powers to be used only one time. The post makes more sense now.

"Someone flies. Someone dies."
I'm guessing Nathan's gonna fly, and Isaac's gonna die. Anybody else?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I think they may introduce another "hero" that plays no major role (much like Zane did last episode) and kill him off. As for who flies? Nathan, since Nikki is coming after him.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I gotta say that this last episode has been my favorite so far. Usually the ones with Peter moins Nikki are the best.

Peter is broken.

How does he have a scar in the future if he can just heal himself using Claire's power? Hmm.

Stryks

Smash Hero
man peter was awesome this last episode, telekenisis, fliying, invisibility, it was awesome, and I totally found it funny when sylar was getting a headache thanx to the superhearing ability, it was a pretty cool episode...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I cried.

Not really.

I don't really like Issac so I would rather he had died instead of Simone.

I'm wondering what's going to happen with Mohinder and Sylar. He'll probably catch on if every person he meets get's killed. But Sylar would be able to detect if he was lying if he trys to get away from him somehow.

I get this feeling that something is going to happen with Claire. She's been lied to by hee adoptive father, her adoptive mother is sick now, her real mother is a sell out and her real father doesn't even want to see her. Something has to give.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I think she may either temporarily stick with Nuclear Ted's group, but the only person that she knows who actually cares for her is Peter, so I would bet she would try to find him in the future.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
You know I dont think that Simone is gonna stay dead cause in the vision of the future where Peter explodes she was there so yeah mabe Hero travels back an saves her but either way I think she will be back.

Oh an I do think Peter is the good version of Sylar xD

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Simone was in his vision? I don't remember that. Although, the trailer said "One Flies, One Dies"; Peter flew and no one else came close to dying. Hmmm...

EEvisu

Smash Lord
She did die but if Hiro goes back in time later to save her I dont see where there would be a problem, Heros is full of loop wholes lol.

Top Bottom