• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Namco Royale!
  1. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  2. Ghost Gang
  3. Ms. Pac-Man
  4. Professor Pac-Man
  5. Toc-Man
  6. Pac-Man 2
  7. Gyaraga (Galaga)
  8. Boss Galaga
  9. Taizo Hori (Dig Dug)
  10. Pooka
  11. Fygar
  12. Mr. Driller
  13. Mappy (Mappy)
  14. Goro and Mewkies
  15. Acha (Toy Pop)
  16. Valkyrie (The Legend of Valkyrie)
  17. Whirlo
  18. Car (Rally-X)
  19. Red Baron (Sky Kid)
  20. Tank (Tank Battalion)
  21. Gil (Tower of Druaga)
  22. Ki
  23. Druaga
  24. King (King and Balloon)
  25. Cosmo Gang (Cosmo Gang)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl... circa 1998!
Despite the title, the goal here was less "if NASB released in '98" and moreso "if NASB only cated to 90s nostalgia today"
  1. Tommy
  2. Angelica
  3. Stu
  4. Reptar
  5. Ren
  6. Stimpy
  7. Powdered Toast Man
  8. Rocko
  9. Heffer
  10. Filburt
  11. Dr. Hutchison
  12. CatDog
  13. Dagget
  14. Norbert
  15. Helga
  16. Harold
  17. Pigeon Man
  18. Nigel Thornberry
  19. Donnie Thornberry
  20. Oblina
  21. The Gromble
  22. The Flesh

SEGA SMASH Saturn!

In a world, where SEGA makes a crossover Platform Fighter instead of Nintendo.
This is the first entry of SEGA Smash, appearing on Sega Saturn in 1998.

Starters:
1. Sonic
2. Alex Kidd
3. NiGHTS
4. Opa-Opa
5. Keil Fluge
6. Gilius Thunderhead
7. Akira Yuki
8. Tom-Tom (Wonderboy)

Unlockable:
1. Tails
2. Axel Stone
3. Gunstar Red/Blue
4. Asha (Wonderboy)

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I've had this very dumb idea of doing a public domain literature fighting game roster for a while, and this seems like the perfect place to share it lol. As long as the character originates from a book that's in the public domain as of 2022, they're on the table. This may or may not have been partially inspired by the classic, iconic Les Misérables fighting game, Arm Joe.

1. Alice (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)
  2. Beowulf (Beowulf)
  3. Dorian Gray (The Picture of Dorian Gray)
  4. Don Quixote
  5. Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde (The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde)
  6. Dracula
  7. Ebenezer Scrooge (A Christmas Carol)
  8. Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo)
  9. Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
  10. Frankenstein’s Monster (Frankenstein)
  11. Jay Gatsby (The Great Gatsby)
  12. Jean Valjean (Les Misérables)
  13. Jim Hawkins (Treasure Island)
  14. Jo March (Little Women)
  15. Martian (The War of the Worlds)
  16. Odysseus (The Iliad)
  17. Peter Pan
  18. Sherlock Holmes
  19. The Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz)
  20. Winnie the Pooh
  21. SECRET CHARACTER: Robojean (Arm Joe)
Obviously some of these are going to be easier to translate into a fighting game than others, but it'd be fun to see how the wackier characters would adapt. Some of the ideas I had include making Jeckyl and Hyde an Aegis-esque stance-changing character, Scrooge being a puppet fighter with the three ghosts helping him out, and Dorian Gray having a mechanic where he blocks with his painting and the more times it gets hit, the more disfigured he becomes. Also wanna mention that Moby **** would, of course, be the main boss.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here's a new version of my (relatively) realistically-sized Disney platform fighter roster - I wouldn't call it an update as much as an alternate version, ditching the acquired and TV content to hyperfocus on the animated canon and Pixar.

I originally had Marlin and Bruno here, but swapped them for Bruce and Maui at the last second. Kinda wish I had room to put in the Horned King.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Blademasters, a fighting with only sword wielders!
So....basically SoulCalibur?
Kinda.....but there is different franchise that could or couldn't be from videogames. The only requirement is that the character must use a sword has their main weapon.

1. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
  2. Cloud (Final Fantasy)
  3. Haohmaru (Samurai Shodown)
  4. Kaede (The Last Blade)
  5. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  6. Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
  7. Warden (For Honor)
  8. Hakumen (BlazBlue)
  9. Baiken (Guilty Gear)
  10. Hyde Kido (Under Night In-Birth)
  11. Raiden (Metal Gear Rising)
  12. Eight (Dragon Quest)
  13. Yoshimitsu (Tekken)
  14. Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  15. Corrin (Fire Emblem)
  16. 2B (NieR: Automata)
  17. Momohime (Muramasa: The Demon Blade)
  18. Akame (Akame Ga Kill!)
  19. Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
  20. He-Man
DLC
  1. Sakata Gintoki (Gintama)
  2. Tanjiro (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
  3. Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher)
  4. Artoria Pendragón (Fate)
  5. Zero (Drakengard)
  6. Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
  7. Yu Narukami (Persona)
  8. Goddess Athena (Athena/Psycho Soldier)
  9. Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
  10. Kamui (Arcana Heart)
Bosses:
  1. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  2. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
  3. Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  4. Artorias the Abysswalker (Dark Souls)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well, here's my idea for a DC fighting game... but without the ties of Netherrealm's Injustice series, including the elaborate storyline (which I know little enough about to be weary of actually tackling it.) In blue are base-game, orange are unlockable, and green are DLC.

1650486561073.png

Superman: The quintessential superhero, Superman's role here is that of Mario in Smash, or of Ryu in Street Fighter - that is, of a character anyone can pick up, but with a high enough skill ceiling to hold his own in competitive play. He's also the basis for some other characters here, at least conceptually.
Batman:
I think Batman is a good pick to counterbalance Superman. Batman's better at comboes and less powerful attacks - a more controlled playstyle than Superman's wild strength. Even so, the pair are still relatively easy to understand, even if Batman is a bit more complex.
Wonder Woman:
Wonder Woman is also easy to pick up. With her completing "the Trinity," I think it's necessary for her to be unique, but easy to understand. Unlike the others, though, she uses a lot of disjointed hitboxes with her various Amazonian weapons and her Lasso of Truth.
Flash:
He's essentially the rushdown character. Whilst not as strong as Superman or Wonder Woman, he's got the speed to counterbalance that. He's obviously focused on getting in and getting out, but he does have a lightning bolt as a projectile.
Cyborg:
Cyborg is interesting in that you could do a lot of unusual things with his archetype. I've decided on a mid-range technical zoner, mostly focusing on a combination of his zoning moves and some stage control. However, I'd also like to suggest he'd still be effective, if slow, close-up.
Green Lantern:
Green Lantern is essentially a mid-range powerhouse, but somewhat struggles close-up. Most of his attacks are disjointed, focusing on his use of the Power Ring in order to fight with constructs. Now, whilst he's not useless close-up, he's best at a short distance.
Lex Luthor:
The first villain on the roster, Lex Luthor is wearing his Warsuit - which makes him a frighteningly powerful character both close-up and from a distance. Whilst slow, he's powerful enough to take on Superman in pure strength alone.
Joker: I think he's a great way to round out the main cast. A pure wild card, Joker fights with a lot of very weird and unusual hitboxes. This makes him a very difficult character to pick up with a steep learning curve - but if you're willing to embrace his chaos, he has a lot of potential.

Aquaman:
The first unlockable character here, I felt Aquaman would be a solid pick for this role - given that he isn't as popular as some of the Justice League "originals." He fights with his trident, as well as possessing the ability to control water (as seen sometimes in comics.) This makes him a mid-range character with a few tricks up his sleeve, but lacking somewhat in close-up and long-range potential.
Deathstroke:
Deathstroke feels like a solid villainous pick here. Whilst he's technically a secondary Batman villain, he feels unique enough to warrant his inclusion - being a jack-of-all-trades fighting with all sorts of weapons and fighting styles, but notably lacking in defence due to his human physiology.
Green Arrow:
Mostly being based on long-range attacks, he's unlike Green Lantern in that he can still hold his own close-up - but struggles with midrange situations. He uses a lot of his trick arrows to set up unusual situations for opponents to diffuse.
Gorilla Grodd:
I think a wackier pick as the last main-roster character seems fun to me, and Grodd is just that. He's a gorilla, so he's very effective as a close-range grappler - as well as using his telekinesis to extend his grab range. Overall, I think he's a really weird but fun villain to include.

Martian Manhunter:
Whilst some might say the Manhunter is too similar to Superman in concept, my take here is that he's much more evasive - making use of his Martian abilities such as phasing to really handle himself well against other characters. Playing defence and making logical moves is his forte.
Hawkgirl:
Whilst Hawkman seems like a solid pick, I think Hawkgirl is good to get some more female characters into here - plus she was more notable in media like the DCAU. She's a pretty mobile character with a lot of aerial mobility, but needs to get up close to batter people with her Nth metal mace.
Shazam:
Again, similar to Superman - but a lot stronger. He uses his electrical abilities a lot more too, and I think his main vibe is of a kid trying his best to be strong - except that he is. Even so, he's not as evasive, and somewhat struggles with defensive options compared to others here.
Static:
This felt like a slightly weird, and yet very necessary, inclusion. Static would be incredibly nostalgic to a lot of people, plus the representation is a bonus too! My main thought, though, is that his moveset could be very fun- he's got a lot of stage control and movement options, but struggles up close.
Captain Cold:
Another villainous pick, and another Flash villain? Well, I felt we needed more vilains, and Captain Cold feels like a good addition in my mind. His moveset is mostly focused on his ice mechanics - that is, a lot of stage control, and a surprisingly fast movement speed.
Harley Quinn: She's a necessary pick. Harley would be somewhat similar to Joker in basic concept - that is, using a lot of unusual attacks - but mostly fights with her trademark hammer as opposed to the wide arsenal of her beloved "Mistah J". Overall she's a lot simpler than him, as I imagine younger audiences would be more interested in playing as her.

I sooo wanted to add some more unusual picks, but the problem is, I needed to ensure we could keep a lot of important characters here. I think the villains present are... okay. To be honest, I would have loved to add characters like Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, Mister Miracle... but I felt that, overall, they probably wouldn't be particularly well recieved if someone like Plastic Man got in over, say, Green Arrow. I'll say this much, though - this was surpringly hard to come up with! I had a lot of actual villains in mind (and even considered replacing Harley with Bane) but I think this is at least an okay attempt. Feel free to improve/critique if you like!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
So I was thinking on made a thread about a Fate/Type-Moon Fighting Game, but I'm running a different thread for the moment and since I'm new on that I think is better to stick in just one project, whatever I wanted to do a roster based on my own preference. First I was thinking on make a roster with characters from the general universe of Type-Moon (including human characters) but I think we have something like that with Melty Blood (especially now that even Artoria is in the game). So the main focus here is Fate. Since this is only the roster I don't need to do too much explanation but I just wanted to tell that the idea was conceived has a 2v2 game so that's the reason for the quite big amount of characters.
Anyway, here it is!
1650497430377.png
1650497538779.png
1650497594393.png
1650497712877.png
1650499548149.png
1650497768503.png
1650497820086.png
1650498032443.png
1650498797921.png
1650498748219.png
1650498714676.png
1650498668969.png
1650499030109.png
1650499103571.png
1650499350190.png
1650499466399.png
1650499698134.png
1650499798931.png
1650499887393.png
1650499959124.png

• Artoria Pendragon (Saber)
  • Emiya (Archer)
  • Cú Chulainn (Lancer)
  • Medusa (Rider)
  • Gilgamesh (Archer): If anything could be at the same level of annoyance as Gilgamesh's laughter, it would be his zonning (of course, for everyone except himself and the player who controls him). Like Nu-13 or Hilda from UNIB.
  • Nero Claudius (Saber)
  • Tamamo-no-Mae (Caster): Maybe she could have some class of Elizabeth-like gimmick where if the spell hits the opponent gets Instant-killed.
  • Robin Hood (Archer)
  • Siegfried (Saber)
  • Karna (Lancer)
  • Avicebron (Caster): An oddball between most of the cast, he would be the perfect puppeter of the game using his golems.
  • Jeanne d'Arc (Ruler)
  • Okita Souji (Saber)
  • Oda Nobunaga (Archer*): Ok, I known that the image is from Avenger Nobu, but thats the reason of the asterisk, Nobu has a lot of different incarnations in the game, the base Nobu would be the Archer version but she would be able of use other Nobus attacks.
  • Hijikata Toshizou (Berserker)
  • Sakamoto Ryouma (Rider): He and Oryou would make a great duo being a different type of a puppet character, more similar to Celica from BlazBlue for example.
  • Himiko (Ruler)
  • Arjuna (Archer)
  • Scathach (Lancer)
  • Nightingale (Berserker)
  • First Hassan (Assassin)
  • Ishtar (Archer)
  • Ereshkigal (Lancer)
  • Enkidu (Lancer)
  • Cleopatra (Assassin)
  • Galatea (Berserker): She can have a stance mechanic with her armor/pants version and her version with jetpacks. Maybe something like Izayoi.
  • Musashi Miyamoto (Saber)
  • Katsuhika Hokusai (Foreigner)
  • Edmond Dantes (Avenger)
  • Jeanne d'Arc Alter (Avenger)
  • Artoria Pendragon Alter (Saber)
  • Anastasia (Caster): Like Ryouma and Avicebron she would be more like Zato=One from Guilty Gear.
  • Sigurd (Saber)
  • Brynhildr (Lancer)
  • Sitonai (Alter Ego)
  • Li Shuwen (Assassin*): I think he could also fit has a stance character, changing between his assasination techniques and his Lancer moves.
  • Odysseus (Rider)
  • Morgan (Berserker)
  • Melusine (Lancer)
  • Oberón (Pretender)
  • Koyanskaya (Assassin)
  • Senji Muramasa (Saber)
  • BB (Moon Cancer): She would be a very weird character, being able to hijack the opponent and the UI.
  • Voyager (Foreigner)
  • Erice Utsumi (Lancer)
  • Arcueid Brunestud (Unclassed): Yeah I known she has a class in Extra but this time we are dealing with the REAL Arcueid, being a guest.
  • Shiki Ryougi (Unclassed): Same thing has Arcueid.
  • Aoko Aozaki (Unclassed): Same thing has the other two.
And yeah I known that even for a tag game the roster is very big. So obviously there will be DLC characters, the thing is that I don't have an idea of who would be a who wouldn't be a DLC with the exception of the guest characters I guess. But all this was only a thing I wanted to share anyway, has I say this born has a idea of a thread and maybe in the future I make that thread but with the collaboration of other people interesed. Or if someone wants to take the idea can feel free to do that!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So I was thinking on made a thread about a Fate/Type-Moon Fighting Game, but I'm running a different thread for the moment and since I'm new on that I think is better to stick in just one project, whatever I wanted to do a roster based on my own preference. First I was thinking on make a roster with characters from the general universe of Type-Moon (including human characters) but I think we have something like that with Melty Blood (especially now that even Artoria is in the game). So the main focus here is Fate. Since this is only the roster I don't need to do too much explanation but I just wanted to tell that the idea was conceived has a 2v2 game so that's the reason for the quite big amount of characters.
Anyway, here it is!
View attachment 350833View attachment 350834View attachment 350835View attachment 350836View attachment 350849View attachment 350837View attachment 350838View attachment 350839View attachment 350843View attachment 350842View attachment 350841View attachment 350840View attachment 350844View attachment 350845View attachment 350847
View attachment 350848View attachment 350850View attachment 350851
View attachment 350852
View attachment 350853

• Artoria Pendragon (Saber)
  • Emiya (Archer)
  • Cú Chulainn (Lancer)
  • Medusa (Rider)
  • Gilgamesh (Archer): If anything could be at the same level of annoyance as Gilgamesh's laughter, it would be his zonning (of course, for everyone except himself and the player who controls him). Like Nu-13 or Hilda from UNIB.
  • Nero Claudius (Saber)
  • Tamamo-no-Mae (Caster): Maybe she could have some class of Elizabeth-like gimmick where if the spell hits the opponent gets Instant-killed.
  • Robin Hood (Archer)
  • Siegfried (Saber)
  • Karna (Lancer)
  • Avicebron (Caster): An oddball between most of the cast, he would be the perfect puppeter of the game using his golems.
  • Jeanne d'Arc (Ruler)
  • Okita Souji (Saber)
  • Oda Nobunaga (Archer*): Ok, I known that the image is from Avenger Nobu, but thats the reason of the asterisk, Nobu has a lot of different incarnations in the game, the base Nobu would be the Archer version but she would be able of use other Nobus attacks.
  • Hijikata Toshizou (Berserker)
  • Sakamoto Ryouma (Rider): He and Oryou would make a great duo being a different type of a puppet character, more similar to Celica from BlazBlue for example.
  • Himiko (Ruler)
  • Arjuna (Archer)
  • Scathach (Lancer)
  • Nightingale (Berserker)
  • First Hassan (Assassin)
  • Ishtar (Archer)
  • Ereshkigal (Lancer)
  • Enkidu (Lancer)
  • Cleopatra (Assassin)
  • Galatea (Berserker): She can have a stance mechanic with her armor/pants version and her version with jetpacks. Maybe something like Izayoi.
  • Musashi Miyamoto (Saber)
  • Katsuhika Hokusai (Foreigner)
  • Edmond Dantes (Avenger)
  • Jeanne d'Arc Alter (Avenger)
  • Artoria Pendragon Alter (Saber)
  • Anastasia (Caster): Like Ryouma and Avicebron she would be more like Zato=One from Guilty Gear.
  • Sigurd (Saber)
  • Brynhildr (Lancer)
  • Sitonai (Alter Ego)
  • Li Shuwen (Assassin*): I think he could also fit has a stance character, changing between his assasination techniques and his Lancer moves.
  • Odysseus (Rider)
  • Morgan (Berserker)
  • Melusine (Lancer)
  • Oberón (Pretender)
  • Koyanskaya (Assassin)
  • Senji Muramasa (Saber)
  • BB (Moon Cancer): She would be a very weird character, being able to hijack the opponent and the UI.
  • Voyager (Foreigner)
  • Erice Utsumi (Lancer)
  • Arcueid Brunestud (Unclassed): Yeah I known she has a class in Extra but this time we are dealing with the REAL Arcueid, being a guest.
  • Shiki Ryougi (Unclassed): Same thing has Arcueid.
  • Aoko Aozaki (Unclassed): Same thing has the other two.
And yeah I known that even for a tag game the roster is very big. So obviously there will be DLC characters, the thing is that I don't have an idea of who would be a who wouldn't be a DLC with the exception of the guest characters I guess. But all this was only a thing I wanted to share anyway, has I say this born has a idea of a thread and maybe in the future I make that thread but with the collaboration of other people interesed. Or if someone wants to take the idea can feel free to do that!
Ishtar and Ereshkigal
Aggressively based

Honestly this is pretty close to what I personally would consider a perfect Fate roster.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not sure if this counts, but... 3rd party sweep!

I'm gonna be taking on board time period, base game/DLC statuses, the Smash/Nintendo culture at the time, and - of course - my own biases

BRAWL:
  1. Tingle
  2. Jill & Drill Dozer

3DS/WII U BASE
  1. Ghirahim
  2. Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
3DS/WII U DLC:
  1. Inkling
  2. King K. Rool
  3. Ridley
ULTIMATE BASE
  1. The Amazon (Incineroar clone)
  2. Paula (Ness clone)
  3. Muddy Mole
  4. Ted & Archie
  5. Dixie Kong
  6. Ashley & Red
ULTIMATE DLC
  1. Yuka/Rhythm Girl
  2. Pig Ganon
  3. King Hippo
  4. Wilbur and Orville
  5. Gengar
  6. Officer Howard
  7. Mii Athlete
  8. Waluigi
Finding first parties fit to sell DLC was hard, at least for Ultimate

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've had this very dumb idea of doing a public domain literature fighting game roster for a while, and this seems like the perfect place to share it lol. As long as the character originates from a book that's in the public domain as of 2022, they're on the table. This may or may not have been partially inspired by the classic, iconic Les Misérables fighting game, Arm Joe.

1. Alice (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)
  2. Beowulf (Beowulf)
  3. Dorian Gray (The Picture of Dorian Gray)
  4. Don Quixote
  5. Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde (The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde)
  6. Dracula
  7. Ebenezer Scrooge (A Christmas Carol)
  8. Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo)
  9. Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
  10. Frankenstein’s Monster (Frankenstein)
  11. Jay Gatsby (The Great Gatsby)
  12. Jean Valjean (Les Misérables)
  13. Jim Hawkins (Treasure Island)
  14. Jo March (Little Women)
  15. Martian (The War of the Worlds)
  16. Odysseus (The Iliad)
  17. Peter Pan
  18. Sherlock Holmes
  19. The Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz)
  20. Winnie the Pooh
  21. SECRET CHARACTER: Robojean (Arm Joe)
Obviously some of these are going to be easier to translate into a fighting game than others, but it'd be fun to see how the wackier characters would adapt. Some of the ideas I had include making Jeckyl and Hyde an Aegis-esque stance-changing character, Scrooge being a puppet fighter with the three ghosts helping him out, and Dorian Gray having a mechanic where he blocks with his painting and the more times it gets hit, the more disfigured he becomes. Also wanna mention that Moby **** would, of course, be the main boss.
i don’t think Peter Pan is public domain

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
i don’t think Peter Pan is public domain
Actually the situation with Peter Pan's copyright specifically is pretty interesting! Of course, the Disney movie isn't public domain - it's still owned by them. However, the original works of Peter Pan have, in fact, fallen into the public domain - in every country except the United Kingdom. The reasoning for this is because the copyright for the original works were, in an act of law, given to the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital in London, which will last for as long as the hospital continues to exist. However, this only applies to the UK (and generally, GOS doesn't mind if you ask them nicely about it.)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Actually the situation with Peter Pan's copyright specifically is pretty interesting! Of course, the Disney movie isn't public domain - it's still owned by them. However, the original works of Peter Pan have, in fact, fallen into the public domain - in every country except the United Kingdom. The reasoning for this is because the copyright for the original works were, in an act of law, given to the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital in London, which will last for as long as the hospital continues to exist. However, this only applies to the UK (and generally, GOS doesn't mind if you ask them nicely about it.)
in fairness i am in the uk

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
That's a very similar case to Winnie Pooh right?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not really, Pooh is public domain worldwide - Disney's version and elements introduced it like Woozles and the red shirt are owned by Disney; and Tigger specifically (he wasn't introduced in the first book) has yet to fall into the public domain but will very soon.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Technically, but with more focus on the Disney aspect of it all. See, you could use Winnie the Pooh in essentially any piece of media you like. However, under no circumstances can you give him his red shirt, or the Mouse will be knocking on your door with a cease and desist notice and an army of smirking lawyers. Why? Well, the red shirt that Winnie wears in most "common" interpretations of the character was a Disney creation. See, whilst the original book by A.A. Milne is now in the public domain (having been released in 1926,) Disney's interpretation (released in 1966) doesn't fall under fair use.

Not really, Pooh is public domain worldwide - Disney's version and elements introduced it like Woozles and the red shirt are owned by Disney; and Tigger specifically (he wasn't introduced in the first book) has yet to fall into the public domain but will very soon.
Basically this! (My bad, classic Ninja lel)

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Technically, but with more focus on the Disney aspect of it all. See, you could use Winnie the Pooh in essentially any piece of media you like. However, under no circumstances can you give him his red shirt, or the Mouse will be knocking on your door with a cease and desist notice and an army of smirking lawyers. Why? Well, the red shirt that Winnie wears in most "common" interpretations of the character was a Disney creation. See, whilst the original book by A.A. Milne is now in the public domain (having been released in 1926,) Disney's interpretation (released in 1966) doesn't fall under fair use.

Basically this! (My bad, classic Ninja lel)
Also, when we're specifically talking about the A.A. Milne books, only the first two are in the public domain: the other two won't enter until next year and the year after, respectively. There's also been some other books since then (one in 2009, and two in 2016), but... I doubt many of us will live long enough to see them enter the public domain...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Redoing the Sega roster
  1. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  2. Tails
  3. Knuckles
  4. Eggman
  5. Vector
  6. Robotnik (Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine)
  7. Ristar (Ristar)
  8. Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)
  9. AiAi (Super Monkey Ball)
  10. Baby
  11. Bonanza Bros. (Bonanza Bros.)
  12. Headdy (Dynamite Headdy)
  13. Michael Hardy (Virtua Cop)
  14. Pengo (Pengo)
  15. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
  16. Skate
  17. Kapu Kapu (Chu Chu Rocket)
  18. Rider (Super Hang-On)
  19. Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
  20. Wild Woody (Wild Woody)
  21. Smart Alex (Sega Pico)
  22. Willy (Rockin' Kats)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
There is something that I always find sad and is that the Ash saga from The King of Fighters never get a proper dream match since XII and XIII haved a very complicated development. So it's time to change that, this is KOF XIII Unlimited Match!
(Btw consider this has a placeholder, tomorrow I will change this for a image).

JAPAN TEAM
(Kyo, Benimaru and Goro)
YAGAMI TEAM
(Iori, Mature and Vice)
FATAL FURY TEAM
(Terry, Andy and Joe)
KYOKUGENRYU TEAM
(Ryo, Robert and Marco)
PSYCHO SOLDIER TEAM
(Athena, Kensou and Chin)
IKARI TEAM
(Leona, Ralf and Clark)
WOMEN FIGHTERS TEAM
(King, Yuri and Mai)
KOREAN JUSTICE TEAM
(Kim, Chang and May Lee)
K' TEAM
(K', Kula and Maxima)
OUTLAW TEAM
(Raiden, Hwa and Duck King)
PRETTY GIRLS TEAM
(Hotaru, Hinako and Momoko)
ANTI KYOKUGENRYU TEAM
(Eiji, Kasumi, Malin)
SOUTH TOWN TEAM
(Billy, Yamazaki and Gato)
GAROU TEAM
(Rock, B. Jenet, Tizoc)
AGENTS TEAM
(Blue Mary, Vanessa and Ramón)
BLACK OPS TEAM
(Heidern, Whip and Adelheid)
MASTERS TEAM
(Takuma, Saisyu and Tung Fu Rue)
OROCHI TEAM
(Yashiro, Chris and Shermie)
NEO GEO TEAM
(Gai Tendo, Hayate and Kisarah)
ASH TEAM
(Ash, Shen Woo and Duo Lon)
BOSS TEAM
(Geese, Krauser and Mr. Big)
ELISABETH TEAM
(Elisabeth, Chizuru and Oswald)
EDIT TEAM
(Shingo, Angel and Shion)
GOENITZ
KRIZALID
IGNIZ
MUKAI
SAIKI
MAGAKI
JYAZU
KAIN
OMEGA RUGAL
NESTS KYO
(EX Kyo)
FLAME IORI
(EX Iori)
MAKI KAGURA
(EX Chizuru)
WILD TERRY
(EX Terry)
MR. KARATE II
(EX Ryo)
XI ROBERT
(EX Robert)
OROCHI YASHIRO
(EX Yashiro)
OROCHI CHRIS
(EX Chris)
OROCHI SHERMIE
(EX Shermie)
MR. KARATE
(EX Takuma)
XI ELISABETH
(EX Elisabeth)
DARK ASH
(EX Ash)
TRUE SAIKI
(EX Saiki)
NIGHTMARE GEESE
(EX Geese)

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
gaming all star roster
one character per company
Nintendo: :ultmario:Konami: BombermanSEGA: :ultsonic:Capcom: :ultmegaman:Namco: :ultpacman:Square-Enix: Black MageMicrosoft: Crash BandicootSNK: :ult_terry:
Disney: Penguin (Club Penguin)Tetris: TetrominoUbisoft: RaymanTecmo: Ryu HayabusaArc System: KunioWarner Bros: ScorpionEA: PeashooterTencent: Ahri
Marvelous: Pete (Harvest Moon)Cooking Mama (Cooking Mama)Interplay: Earthworm JimFalcom: Adol ChristinRockstar: Carl JohnsonSony: KratosCrypton: Hatsune MikuToaplan: CATS (Zero Wing)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Here's an odd one; SAGE Smackdown, a platform fighter dedicated to the original games featured in the annual Sonic Ameture Games Expo (although a few Sonic characters are playable for obvious reasons)!

For the sake of transparency, finding info on games shown in SAGEs before 2017 was really challenging due to the official SFG site not having archives for those to my knowledge, but I did the best I could with what I could find.
  1. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog, 1991)
  2. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog 2, 1992)
  3. Dr. Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog, 1991)
  4. Sash Lilac (Freedom Planet, SAGE '12)
  5. Spark (Spark the Electric Jester, SAGE '15)
  6. Bingo (Bingo the Multiva, SAGE '15)
  7. Lloyd (Lloyd the Monkey, SAGE '16)
  8. [idk his name] (Dash Cats, SAGE '16)
  9. Nari (Astral World, SAGE '17)
  10. Voom (Clash Force 2, SAGE '17)
  11. Kyle & Lucy (Kyle & Lucy: Wonderworld, SAGE '18)
  12. Boll (Cosmic Boll, SAGE '18)
  13. Glovekid (Super Glovekid, SAGE '18)
  14. Peppino (Pizza Tower, SAGE '19)
  15. Fech (Fech the Ferret, SAGE '19)
  16. Gray (Havoc Fox, SAGE '19)
  17. Alpha (Starduster, SAGE '20)
  18. Annalynn (Annalynn, SAGE '20) (come on, you knew she'd be here when i'm making the roster)
  19. Anton (Antonball, SAGE '20)
  20. Melodii (Scratchin' Melodii, SAGE '21)
  21. Neon (Advent Neon, SAGE '21)
  22. David (David Get Keen, SAGE '21)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok, I initially thinked in just edit the original post, but since I did some changes I will do a second post instead, so the ones who like more the previous idea will still have it.

KUSANAGI TEAM
(Kyo Kusanagi, Shingo Yabuki, Saisyu Kusanagi)
K' TEAM
(K', Kula Diamond, Maxima)
YAGAMI TEAM
(Iori Yagami, Mature, Vice)
FATAL FURY TEAM
(Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi)
PSYCHO SOLDIER TEAM
(Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai)
KYOKUGENRYU TEAM
(Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia, Takuma Sakazaki)
KOREAN JUSTICE TEAM
(Kim Kaphwan, May Lee, Chang Koehan)
WOMEN FIGHTERS TEAM
(King, Yuri Sakazaki, Mai Shiranui)
OUTLAW TEAM
(Duck King, Raiden, Hwa Jai)
IKARI TEAM
(Leona Heidern, Ralf Jones, Clark Still)
BLACK OPS TEAM
(Heidern, Adelheid Bernstein, Whip)
AGENTS TEAM
(Blue Mary, Vanessa, Ramón)
ASH TEAM
(Ash Crimson, Shen Woo, Duo Lon)
ELISABETH TEAM
(Elisabeth Blanctorche, Chizuru Kagura, Benimaru Nikaido)
JAPAN SPORTS TEAM
(Goro Daimon, Hinako Shijou, Kasumi Todoh)
PRETTY GIRLS TEAM
(Hotaru Futaba, Momoko, Malin)
MASTERS TEAM
(Tung Fu Rue, Lei Pai Long, Jubei Yamada)
GAROU TEAM
(Rock Howard, B. Jenet, Tizoc)
OROCHI TEAM
(Yashiro Nanakase, Chris, Shermie)
SOUTH TOWN TEAM
(Billy Kane, Ryuji Yamazaki, Gato)
NEO GEO TEAM
(Gai Tendo, Sho Hayate, Kisarah Westfield)
BOSS TEAM
(Geese Howard, Wolfgang Krauser, Mr. Big)
EDIT TEAM
(Eiji Kisaragi, Oswald, Shion)
GOENITZ
KRIZALID
IGNIZ
MUKAI
SAIKI
MAGAKI
JYAZU
KAIN
RUGAL
NESTS KYO
(EX Kyo)
FLAMES IORI
(EX Iori)
MAKI KAGURA
(EX Chizuru)
O. YASHIRO
(EX Yashiro)
O. CHRIS
(EX Chris)
O. SHERMIE
(EX Shermie)
MR. KARATE II
(EX Ryo)
XI ROBERT
(EX Robert)
WILD TERRY
(EX Terry)
MR. KARATE
(EX Takuma)
XI ELISABETH
(EX Elisabeth)
DARK ASH
(EX Ash)
TRUE SAIKI
(EX Saiki)
N. GEESE
(EX Geese)

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
super smash sisters roster since many thought of it before I tried to include some franchises that most characters are dominated by females.
:ultpeach::ultzelda::ultsamus:Lip (Panel De Pon)Princess Tomato (Salad Kingdom)Sepia Belmont (Bombergirl):ultbayonetta:Arle Nadja
Alis (Phantasy Star)Sakura (Sakura Wars)Morrigan (Darkstalkers)Amaterasu (Okami)Ms. Pac-manKos-mos (Xenosaga)Lara CroftAthena (SNK)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)Cooking MamaAsuka (Senran Kagura)Neptune (Hyperdimension)Enterprise (Azur Lane)Reimu (Touhou)ShantaeHatsune Miku
there is something important i need to mention Neptune has crossovered with both Senran Kagura and Azur Lane series so having them all in single game would be interesting especially that all of their franchises are female dominated.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mario Kart: Crossroads
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Daisy
  5. Rosalina
  6. Pauline
  7. Bowser
  8. Bowser Jr.
  9. Koopalings
  10. Toad
  11. Toadette
  12. Goomba
  13. Paratroopa
  14. Blooper
  15. Buzzy Beetle
  16. Wario
  17. Waluigi
  18. Yoshi
  19. Birdetta
  20. Donkey Kong
  21. Diddy Kong
  22. Cranky Kong
  23. King Bob-Omb
  24. King Boo
  25. Petey Piranha
  26. Nabbit
  27. Kamek
  28. Boom Boom
  29. Pianta
  30. Penguin
  31. Dog (Duck Hunt)
  32. Polar Bear (Ice Climber)
  33. Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
  34. Lanky Gunman (Wild Gunman)
  35. Coraline (Streetpass)
  36. Nico Flame (Streetpass)
  37. Party Phil (Wii Party)
  38. Owl (100 Classic Books)
  39. Num Diddly (Make 10)
  40. The Amazon (Pro Wrestling)
  41. Star Man (Pro Wrestling)
  42. Wolf (Game & Watch Egg)
  43. Professor Hector (Gyromite)
  44. Smick (Gyromite)
  45. Big Al (Pilotwings)
  46. Trailer Tractor (Stunt Race FX) (Can't have kart parts customised as he is the kart)
  47. Looksley (Looksley's Line-Up)
  48. Amelia N. (Nintendo Switch)
  49. Dragon (AR Games)
  50. Mii
Wanted characters who 1. wouldn't take attention away from the Mario cast, 2. don't provide much to work with in courses, therefore allowing them to still be original, and 3. if recieved well enough, could potentially become regulars without feeling out of place.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok, when I was doing the roster for KOF XIII UM I reminded NGBC, was a really good idea and far better than the similar in conception Capcom Fighting Jam, but I think it would be better, so here is an idea for a sequel!, unlike the previous one, I don't want to do add images first because is a pain in the ass edit all the images and second because there is various characters that are already in the first one. Also, since this game is a tag game I thinked in all the roster has "canon pairs" with some exceptions that are solos.
And finally I thinked in this has a game that would have made before KOF XIV, so don't expect characters posterior and instead, expect some characters that made their debut in XI.

KYO & IORI
(The King of Fighters)
K'& KULA
(The King of Fighters)
ASH & ELISABETH
(The King of FIghters)
LEONA & WHIP
(The King of Fighters)
TERRY & ROCK
(Garou MOTW)
ANDY & MAI
(Fatal Fury)
GEESE & KRAUSER
(Fatal Fury)
RYO & ROBERT
(Art of Fighting)
KING & YURI
(Art of Fighting)
TUNG & PAI LONG
(Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting)
RALF & CLARK
(Ikari Warriors)
ATHENA & KENSOU
(Psycho Soldier)
HAOHMARU & GENJURO
(Samurai Shodown)
NAKORURU & GALFORD
(Samurai Shodown)
SHIKI & ASURA
(Samurai Shodown)
HANZO & FUUMA
(World Heroes)
KAEDE & SETSUNA
(The Last Blade)
MARCO & FIO
(Metal Slug)
HAYATE & ROSA
(Savage Reign)
HOTARU
(Garou MOTW)
GAI TENDO
(Buriki One)
KISARAH
(Aggresors of Dark Kombat)
YOSH ITORA*
(Samurai Shodown)
AKARI
(The Last Blade)
CYBER WOO
(King of the Monsters)
KIM
(Fatal Fury)
YUKI & AI
(Neo Geo)
FERNANDEZ
(WakuWaku 7)
NEO DIO
(World Heroes)
JYAZU
(Savage Reign)
GOODMAN
(Neo Geo)
GOD RUGAL
(The King of Fighters)
MR. KARATE
(Art of Fighting)
KAGAMI
(The Last Blade)
GODDESS ATHENA
(Athena)
SILBER
(Buriki One)
*Bruh they censored yo****ora 🗿

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Ok here is a square-enix crossover fighting game roster I had in mind

Final fantasy:
1. :ultcloud:
2. :ultsephiroth:
3. Black Mage
4. Chocobo

Dragon Quest:
5. :ulthero3:
6. :slime:
7. Dragonlord

Kingdom Hearts:
8. :ultsora:
9. Xehanort

Taito:
10. Space invaders
11. :bubblebobble:

Edios:
12. Lara Croft
13. Gex

Chrono:
14. Crono (Chrono trigger)
15. Serge (Chrono cross)

Others:
16. :geno:
17. Agnes (Bravely Default)
18. Riesz (Secret of mana)
19. Neku (The world ends with you)
20. 2B (Nier)

DLC:
1. Smithy (Super Mario RPG)
2. Fei (Xenogears)
3. Alena (Dragon Quest)
4. Magus (Chrono Trigger)
5. Edward (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Alright so this list is expired due to Edios no longer owned by Square-enix as they got sold which means no Lara Croft and Gex in the Square-Enix roster so here is the updated roster:

Final fantasy:
1. :ultcloud:
2. :ultsephiroth:
3. Black Mage
4. Chocobo

Dragon Quest:
5. :ulthero3:
6. :slime:
7. Dragonlord

Kingdom Hearts:
8. :ultsora:
9. Xehanort

Taito:
10. Space invaders
11. :bubblebobble:
12. Doh (Arkanoid)

Chrono:
13. Crono (Chrono trigger)
14. Serge (Chrono cross)

Drakengard:
15. Caim (Drakengard)
16. 2B (Nier)

Others:
17. :geno:
18. Agnes (Bravely Default)
19. Riesz (Mana)
20. Neku (The world ends with you)

DLC:
1. Smithy (Super Mario RPG)
2. Fei (Xenogears)
3. Alena (Dragon Quest)
4. Magus (Chrono Trigger)
5. Edward (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here's my hopefully-but-probably-not-final revision to the Disney roster

To explain some of the more potentially controversial picks...
  1. Joe mama over Jerry was something I was a little cautious about, but I went with Joe because he could have an instrument-based moveset with a tiny bit of dancing, compared to the Jerries whose omnipotent shapeshifting would honestly just be a toned down version of the Pink Elephants if anything - speaking of which...
  2. The Pink Elephants were chosen over fellow shapeshifter Genie because I wanted another character from Disney's lifetime. While they aren't really characters at all, they come from a super memorable sequence of animation and thus I think that's a valid reason to include them in an animation-themed game
  3. My logic with Mufasa over Simba is that Simba has a whole arc to become a hero, while Mufasa starts as a badass and remains as such for the rest of the film even after death - therefore he's probably the one most would want to play as.
  4. Horned King was a character who I at first treated as a low priority "would be cool", but as the roster progressed I felt another villain should be a higher priority since Ursula is the only traditional Disney villain here while the Debris Dragon is non-sapient and the Pink Elephants are moreso a vague menacing figure, I think his sharp claws can lend well to a fun villain moveset.
  5. The Debris Dragon was all on shape - I wanted quadrupeds, and felt a winged quadruped would be especially cool. While I admit dragon Maleficent would be more iconic and popular, I think Debris Dragon is more mobile, and also serves as a Pixar villain
  6. I felt Jackalope was a perfect fit for the Jigglypuff/Nigel sort of character, plus I love the short. I felt Pixar Shorts rep is absolutely essential here if only because of bias towards them and I was on-and-off about adding One Man Band as a third rep. I think he's a fun, unexpected but recognisable pick in the sense of being very well known but not necessarily a commonly merchandised character.
  7. Regardless of whether you like Cars or not, the idea of a "fighting car" has come up a lot in Smash discussion and I think that'd be fun to explore - Cars being a big IP helps too. Mater was chosen for his tow hook which could let him grab, I also think his country aesthetic works well for a fighter since he could kick dirt and such.
  8. Anger over Joy or Bing Bong: He shoots fire out his head, don't need to explain much more.
  9. I really like Rafiki and I think he'd be fun both as a monkey and a staff-user - plus I felt a second Lion King rep should be a non-quadruped, and the only other option would be a Pumbaa-less Timon.
  10. I love A Goofy Movie, and Powerline is one of the most memorable parts of it. I felt he'd fit the flashy Captain Falcon type fighter well, and serves as a good cult classic for people to go "Hey, I know him!" as opposed to outright obscure confusion
  11. Kevin is, like most picks here, about the body shape. The long legs and neck were a major factor though. I would've gone for Carl if Kevin wasn't such a long girl
  12. No Encanto: I haven't seen Encanto, and don't really know much about it beyond the songs and iconography. I know there's a strong girl; magic flower girl; and dirty rat man we don't talk about so they'd all be high priorities for moveset though - the main protag (who is the only one without powers, right?) wouldn't even be considered.
  13. Elastigirl: There's a lot of buff, strong men on this roster already, so Mr. Incredible would be a bit samey.
  14. Cheshire Cat: I really like this guy, he's a quadruped, and I think his trickster teleporting/disappearing/limb-removal could have some very fun uses in combat.
  15. Luxo Jr.: Even if few know his name, he's just as much of an icon as Mickey, and his lack of arms or feet, hopping, ball, and somewhat stiff movement could lend well to a fun moveset. I'm also a sucker for history reps, so a character from what is basically a short tech demo is right up my alley.
  16. No acquisitions: That'd make the game more about Disney the company than Disney the brand. I'd perhaps be a little more willing to have Kermit but that's likely bias.
  17. No TVA: TVA has its fandom, but it's not really a pillar of the Disney brand like these characters are.
I did not expect to be covering almost half of the roster in this additional part, heh

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Christmas Fighting Game:
1. Santa Claus
2. Rudolph
3. Frosty
4. Reindeer (Bowser Jr style alts)
5. The Grinch
6. Sasquatch (Darkstalkers)
7. Yukon Cornelius (Rudolph)
8. Krampus
9. Ralphie (A Christmas Story)
10. Miser Brothers (Year Without Santa Claus)
11. Ebenezer Scrooge (A Christmas Carol)
12. Grandma (Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer)
13. Mariah Carey
14. Jack Frost
15. My True Love (Twelve Days of Christmas)
16. Hermie (Rudolph)
17. Buddy the Elf
18. Robot Santa (Futurama)
19. Kevin (Home Alone)
20. John Mcclane (Die Hard)

DLC:
21. Clark Griswold (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)
22. Jack (Nightmare Before Christmas)
23. George Bailey (It's a Wonderful Life)
24. Conductor (Polar Express)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
10-per-company cartoon Smash

1. Mickey Mouse (Disney)
  2. Goofy
  3. Homer Simpson
  4. Peter Griffin
  5. Simba
  6. Buzz Lightyear
  7. Luxo Jr.
  8. Mike & Sulley
  9. Elsa
  10. Cheshire Cat
  11. Bugs Bunny (Warner Bros.)
  12. Daffy Duck
  13. Taz
  14. Yosemite Sam
  15. Tom & Jerry
  16. Scooby-Doo
  17. Fred Flinstone
  18. Rosie the Robot Maid
  19. Rick Sanchez
  20. Powerpuff Girls
  21. SpongeBob (Viacom)
  22. Patrick
  23. Michelangelo
  24. Leonardo
  25. Garfield
  26. Eric Cartman
  27. Aang
  28. Ren & Stimpy
  29. Dora
  30. Beavis and Butthead
  31. Shrek (Universal)
  32. Donkey
  33. Toothless
  34. Po
  35. Megamind
  36. Gru and Minions
  37. Gumby
  38. Rocky and Bullwinkle
  39. He-Man
  40. She-Ra
  41. Wallace & Gromit (Aardman)
  42. Feathers McGraw
  43. Preston the Cyber-Dog
  44. Shaun the Sheep
  45. Lu-La
  46. Ginger
  47. Rocky
  48. Le Toad
  49. Dug and Hognob
  50. Morph
  51. Goku (Toei)
  52. Vegeta
  53. Piccolo
  54. Beerus
  55. Luffy
  56. Sanji
  57. Nami
  58. Zoro
  59. Sailor Moon
  60. Tuxedo Mask
  61. Inspector Gadget (Wildbrain)
  62. Penny Gadget
  63. Charlie Brown
  64. Snoopy
  65. Johnny Test
  66. Captain N
  67. Caillou
  68. Arthur
  69. Buster Baxter
  70. Dark Bunny
  71. Totoro (Studio Ghibli)
  72. CatBus
  73. No-Face
  74. Howl
  75. San and Moro
  76. Forest Spirit
  77. Kiki
  78. Baron Humbert
  79. Ponyo
  80. Porco Rosso

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I know nothing about Ghibli, heh, I basically just copy and pasted the character list from a clickbait listicle because I felt they kinda had to be there. Glad my list for Ghibli seems to be good regardless.
Maybe the only one weird would be the Forest Spirit, in any case could be more of a boss. Maybe you could replace it with Ashi taka from the same movie (Princess Mononoke) or Nausicaa from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Also I recommend you to see one of those movies, they are really good!.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok, when I was doing the roster for KOF XIII UM I reminded NGBC, was a really good idea and far better than the similar in conception Capcom Fighting Jam, but I think it would be better, so here is an idea for a sequel!, unlike the previous one, I don't want to do add images first because is a pain in the ass edit all the images and second because there is various characters that are already in the first one. Also, since this game is a tag game I thinked in all the roster has "canon pairs" with some exceptions that are solos.
And finally I thinked in this has a game that would have made before KOF XIV, so don't expect characters posterior and instead, expect some characters that made their debut in XI.

KYO & IORI
(The King of Fighters)
K'& KULA
(The King of Fighters)
ASH & ELISABETH
(The King of FIghters)
LEONA & WHIP
(The King of Fighters)
TERRY & ROCK
(Garou MOTW)
ANDY & MAI
(Fatal Fury)
GEESE & KRAUSER
(Fatal Fury)
RYO & ROBERT
(Art of Fighting)
KING & YURI
(Art of Fighting)
TUNG & PAI LONG
(Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting)
RALF & CLARK
(Ikari Warriors)
ATHENA & KENSOU
(Psycho Soldier)
HAOHMARU & GENJURO
(Samurai Shodown)
NAKORURU & GALFORD
(Samurai Shodown)
SHIKI & ASURA
(Samurai Shodown)
HANZO & FUUMA
(World Heroes)
KAEDE & SETSUNA
(The Last Blade)
MARCO & FIO
(Metal Slug)
HAYATE & ROSA
(Savage Reign)
HOTARU
(Garou MOTW)
GAI TENDO
(Buriki One)
KISARAH
(Aggresors of Dark Kombat)
YOSH ITORA*
(Samurai Shodown)
AKARI
(The Last Blade)
CYBER WOO
(King of the Monsters)
KIM
(Fatal Fury)
YUKI & AI
(Neo Geo)
FERNANDEZ
(WakuWaku 7)
NEO DIO
(World Heroes)
JYAZU
(Savage Reign)
GOODMAN
(Neo Geo)
GOD RUGAL
(The King of Fighters)
MR. KARATE
(Art of Fighting)
KAGAMI
(The Last Blade)
GODDESS ATHENA
(Athena)
SILBER
(Buriki One)
*Bruh they censored yo****ora 🗿
I thinked in some new characters for a console release a-la KOF XI. In the base roster I was just thinking in have a balanced representation of the franchises but here I will just throw popular characters, still having some sort of balance tho, if not all the characters would be from KOF.

BILLY & YAMAZAKI
(Fatal Fury)
ALFRED
(Fatal Fury)
GATO
(Garou MOTW)
MARS PEOPLE
(Metal Slug)
G. MANTLE
(Neo Geo)
IROHA
(Samurai Shodown)
CHIZURU
(The King of Fighters)
SHINGO
(The King of Fighters)
KASUMI & EIJI
(Art of Fighting)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
So, I've recently been really diving deep into Namco and I think it could be cool to see a crossover of sorts between the whole thing. I'll admit that I'm no expert, so this'll be a bit... controversial. Probably.

1. Pac-Man. (Aw ****, it's Pac-Man... look, he has to be here. Arguably the icon of Namco, he's an obvious and solid inclusion - you couldn't release the game without him, it'd be like Street Fighter not featuring Ryu.)
2. Blinky. (Bit of an odd choice only going for one ghost, but I think it's a much better way of handling this. Whilst his alts could represent other ghosts from throughout the series, I'd like to base this on his more personalised appearance, similar to how Pac-Man's modern look is in titles like Pac-Man World and the like. He's, well, a ghost - which would make his whole vibe pretty fun overall!)
3. Dig-Dug. I think it'd be fun to see him as a very effective ground control character who struggles in the air. Picture him with the sort of gameplan similar to Knuckles's Assist Trophy, paired with a lot of powerful trapping tools - but struggling when both airborne and when having to deal with direct pressure. Also, a Mr. Driller alt would be so fun!)
4. Mappy. Yes, he's a police officer, and a mouse. The whole vibe of "police officer" is quite a fun archetype to think of in a fighting game, with a lot of unique potential ideas for how they'd fight that might be quite unusual (for instance, having a handcuff mechanic.) Mappy's small nature, however, would make him a little timid - but still very brave!
5. Gilgamesh. I think his whole "magical swordsman" thing would fit this sort of game really well. Druaga also seems to have gotten a lot of love in collections like Namco Museum, and as a classic pick, he feels quite fun!
6. Momo. (The whole "Wonder Girl" concept is very fun to work with, and I think Momo would be fun to see here. Fighting with a magical hula hoop is such a weird, but fun, concept to work with that I think she'd be amazing to see - imagine her as a very acrobatic and fast-paced, though light, character!)
7. Valkyrie. (Yes, she's keeping her classic design. I think her Norse origins could be played into, but also the fact that she has a shield and her companion, Kurino. Overall, they'd be a unique pairing who I think could be very fun to see - and also acts as valuable female representation on the roster!)
8. Taira no Kagekiyo. (Look, he's a cyborg samurai, do I need to explain this? Whilst he's a bit obscure, I think Taira would be a solid pick purely because of his moveset having a lot of potential from his concept alone, being a lot lighter than other swordfighters like Gilgamesh and Valkyrie.)
9. Hiromi Tengenji. (I think the whole vibe of "character that rides a flying motorcycle that looks like a rocket" would be an amazing inclusion here, and given one of my later choices, she's a vital representation of one of Namco's most important genres - shoot-em-ups. Overall, high speed and aerial capability, but very light as a tradeoff.)
10. Rick. (Splatterhouse is quite fun to represent in some way, and I think that the whole "slasher villain" vibe would be fun to see here in some way. I don't know a lot about him, but he feels like he could be a cool powerhouse pick.)
11. Bravoman. (Superhero? Based. Though he'd also have to have a Black Bravoman alt. Whilst he's not particularly well-known, he did get that webcomic - and an animated series - so Namco are at least interested in him, right?... right?)
12. Jin Kazama. (Similarly to with Smash, I think he's a fun pick to see, and we've already seen Heihachi in PSASAR so we'll... leave that there. I think his Devil Form would be a cool mechanic to see here, and whilst I did consider giving Tekken more than one rep, I felt it'd be fun to challenge myself and keep it to one - just to be certain that we don't get too many similar characters.)
13. Nightmare. (SoulCaliber feels like a very important series to represent, and whilst I considered going with a heroic character here, Nightmare's role as one of the only characters to appear in the whole series - as well as the greatest McGuffin in the series - made him a solid inclusion. Unlike Gilgamesh, Nightmare's swordfighting style is a lot more focused on having to space yourself properly and fight with more flow.)
14. The Prince. (Katamari is such a weird, but fun, concept to work with here. I'm not 100% sure how it'd function, but I think the idea of him using his Katamari alone would lend to plenty of unique ideas that'd make him a weird, but amazing, pick.)
15. Reiko Nagase. (Whilst Ridge Racer isn't exactly known for its characters, and an actual car on the field wouldn't work well unless this were a remake of Fighters' Megamix, Reiko feels like a good way to represent the series as a whole. It feels like a series that'd need to be seen here somehow.)
16. Klonoa. (Whilst he's a bit of a more obscure modern pick, I think Klonoa would be very fun to see here. His whole vibe would be pretty sweet, and I like the idea of seeing him and his world introduced in a title like this. I don't know him all too well, but he feels... right, somehow.)
17. Don-Chan. (A sentient drum would be amazing in my opinion. Being a rhythm game rep, I imagine you'd need a lot of rhythm with his attacks overall, but his vibe would be amazing to see here - as well as some of the potential interactions you could picture. I also like that his design feels like it'd fit in with some of the arcadey picks!)
18. Agumon. (Digimon feels... interesting here, and I think "small lizard" is quite a fun addition to the roster overall. Having his Digivolve ability didn't feel right for normal gameplay, but his Bond of Bravery form would appear as a like finisher or something. Again, I don't know much about the series.
19. Lloyd Irving. (A popular Smash pick?? Okay, I felt Tales needed a rep of some sort, and given Lloyd's unusual dual-wielding style as well as his surprising popularity, he feels like a solid addition. I know the Tales series is still going on today and there's probably a better pick, this is just sort of my own call.)
20: Robotron Hero. (Despite being a third party pick, Namco and Midway used to have very close connections with Midway, with them releasing titles like Rally-X, Pac-Man and Galaga licensed from Namco. I felt they'd be a solid third party pick, and whilst I came close to suggesting either the Paperboy Kid, the Rampage Trio, Spy Hunter or Sinistar, Robotron Hero was my final choice because he feels... relatively iconic, but represents the arcade era better - as opposed to, say, Scorpion. His design is sort of a fusion between his appearance on the arcade posters for Robotron 2084 in which he looked more like a motorcyclist, and the design seen on the box art for the Atari release. As you can tell, his Robotron X look is being avoided. At all costs.)

21. GALAGA. (I'm characterising this character loosely based on how they're presented in Namco High, that being that the Galaga ship itself is a character. In sprite form. Overall, GALAGA represents other schmups by Namco, with a focus on the Galaxian series as a whole, and I've saved them for DLC because they'd sell excellently - as well as being a valuable console rep that could be excused from the main roster.)
22. KOS-MOS. (A representative of the Xenosaga series, I think she'd be important to see here. KOS-MOS has sold so much merch over the years, and I can actually imagine her selling really well as a DLC pick whilst also representing a new Namco series in the process..
23. King. (I think that King is probably one of the most iconic Tekken characters out there, and the gameplay of a luchador would work well here. Yes, Tekken is one of only two series to get two characters, but I think it's fitting - it's an important series to represent. Also, I think "man in a mask" is just an appealing concept.)
24. RX-78-2 Gundam. (A slightly surprising pick, but I think this could work. We'd obviously scale it down, but the Gundam would still be one of the larger characters in the game. Namco has quite the history with the Gundam series as a whole, though the specific "series" we'd mostly be representing here is the Super Robot Wars series. Even so, it's a "fourth party" pick, though I think a surprisingly fitting one.)

So, there's some missing series. I actually did consider adding a Dark Souls character, but with so many weapons-users already, I felt the niche would have already been filled (and I was stuck between choosing a protagonist or a side character.) Also, I came very close to adding Mametchi to the main roster, but I decided on Agumon in his place and he felt a bit too obscure for DLC. He'd totally make it into a sequel, but I think his role as a side character here (maybe like an assist trophy?) would work well.

Oh, and here's a roster image. All together, I think it's... okay? I don't really know - but I'm always open to criticism!

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Perhaps this roaster would work
Disney Highrise Brawl (Focusing on Disney and Fox cartoons)

1.Perry
2.Dr.Doofinshmirtz
3.Kim
4.Wander and Sylvia
5.Lord Hater
6.Milo
7.Mabel and Dipper
8.Grunkel Stan
9.Stewie and Brian
10.Peter
11.Roger
12.Homer
13.Bart
14.Bender
15.Darkwing Duck
16.Webby
17.Cricket
18.Anne and Sprig
19.Luz
20.Eda

DLC
1.Simba
2.Ernie the giant chicken
3.Bolt
4.Glomgold
5.King
6.Lord Dominator
7.Scratch and Molly

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Perhaps this roaster would work
Disney Highrise Brawl

1.Perry
2.Dr.Doofinshmirtz
3.Kim
4.Wander and Sylvia
5.Lord Hater
6.Milo
7.Mabel and Dipper
8.Grunkel Stan
9.Stewie and Brian
10.Peter
11.Roger
12.Homer
13.Bart
14.Bender
15.Darkwing Duck
16.Webby
17.Cricket
18.Anne and Sprig
19.Luz
20.Eda

DLC
1.Simba
2.Ernie the giant chicken
3.Bolt
4.Glomgold
5.King
6.Lord Dominator
7.To be announced
You don't even have Mickey; Stitch; or a single Pixar rep? Simba saved for DLC? I dunno what your priorities here are.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Correct, but if I were to increase the size of the base roaster (or at least add unlockable fighters), Simba would be in the default game.

Anyways, another roaster

Godzilla: Save the Earth expanded
1.Godzilla
2.Anguirus
3.Rodan
4.Mothra
5.Gigan
6.Megalon
7.King Ghidorah
8.MechaGodzilla (Heisei)
9.Destoroyah
10.Megaguirus