• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB discussion Thread *NEW STUFF FIRST POST*

BEHR

Smash Hero
PP where you at?

Do the Math.

LOL While typing this I put Marth instead of Math.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh, ok then.

Just try to get in touch with me in some way when he's available and I'll see if I can work it out. It can't be that hard.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Oh, ok then.

Just try to get in touch with me in some way when he's available and I'll see if I can work it out. It can't be that hard.
I'll text you or something if you are not on.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd like to point out that I thought your location was "on a mountain Tope."

Looked like the bear was on top of his beard and everything.

Vilt

Smash Lord
okay this is just a test with the people I got on Behr's HERB list. I set it up so it would make 10 pools and it split most into 8 pools of 7 and 2 pools of 6, melee got 8 pools of 6 and 2 pools of 5. I'm just going to let tio do it when we have everyone. I can still keep the people on the list and just add those that get there and that will shorten the time that we have to wait and just add the people that walk in. this for both melee and brawl.

for brawl i'm thinking top 3 if with the people we add comes to 12 pools. that would be a bracket of 36 people.

i think we can do the same for melee.

Edit: these test pools would have been so good if it was the really thing. xD

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
okay this is just a test with the people I got on Behr's HERB list. I set it up so it would make 10 pools and it split most into 8 pools of 7 and 2 pools of 6, melee got 8 pools of 6 and 2 pools of 5. I'm just going to let tio do it when we have everyone. I can still keep the people on the list and just add those that get there and that will shorten the time that we have to wait and just add the people that walk in. this for both melee and brawl.

for brawl i'm thinking top 3 if with the people we add comes to 12 pools. that would be a bracket of 36 people.

i think we can do the same for melee.

Edit: these test pools would have been so good if it was the really thing. xD
Thats not a very big bracket... if it is run well a 50 person bracket isn't that bad.

Pools can be very frustrating for some people expecially if you get a bad pool. How are you going to be doing seeding for it BTW?

Vilt

Smash Lord
again this was just a test. luckly we have all day at the venue (and it's costing me of course)xD but just testing. I'm hoping to use tio and seed by skill level option and even location. tio seems mad awesome. we still got plenty of times and if anyones got suggestions let me know.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Thats not a very big bracket... if it is run well a 50 person bracket isn't that bad.

Pools can be very frustrating for some people expecially if you get a bad pool. How are you going to be doing seeding for it BTW?
I would like a Smaller bracket to get things speed up and it will save money for Vilt cause he has to pay 13 dollars an hour for a cleaner and ****.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I feel like the number should be two or four out of whatever, such that we get a clean bracket of either 64 or 32, with no byes. IIRC, that's the point of pools: distill a clean, manageable bracket from a (Behr's) buttload of people.

lord karn

Smash Master
We should do preregistration to make pools in advance and then make a few more out of the people that sign up at the venue.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well I saw the test pools t Vilts it was hilarious. x3

anyways on subject I dont know

anyways the new topic should be Should the pot be split too top 5?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm thinking top 5 should split.

With so many people, it just seems more fair, but I don't know what the "fair" cutoff is for most people.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I'm thinking top 5 should split.

With so many people, it just seems more fair, but I don't know what the "fair" cutoff is for most people.
Yuh and there is going to be a big pot. o 3o;

Foxy

Smash Master
Top 5 split would be nice, and top 4 leaving pools for Melee would be awesome because it would make an even bracket and can be managed in good time if stations are used well.

I really just want a better chance at making money, it's all I care about.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Top 5 split would be nice, and top 4 leaving pools for Melee would be awesome because it would make an even bracket and can be managed in good time if stations are used well.

I really just want a better chance at making money, it's all I care about.
Wrong tournament for that goal >_>

Vilt

Smash Lord
I'm doing this FOR SMASH! **** MONEY! xD

We will see what we can do for the pot split. I think it should be how it is but whatev the smashers want.

I added a wobbling rule to the melee ruleset.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Ban planking or I'm not coming, seriously.

Use the Japanese ledge stall rule or something but if I doesn't get banned I'm just gonna pick up a shift and skip on the tournament.

Top Bottom