• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB discussion Thread *NEW STUFF FIRST POST*

BEHR

Smash Hero
So I was looking at the hotel information at Landmark Inn and look at the bold.

Conveniently positioned two miles from downtown Greensboro is the Landmark Inn in Greensboro, N.C. This hotel is located within three miles of the Natural Science Center and the Blandwood Mansion, five miles from Greensboro Coliseum and 11 miles from the Piedmont Triad International Airport.
The Landmark Inn features a fitness room, meeting rooms and a business center equipped with computers and complimentary high speed Internet access. Other amenities include a 24 hour front desk, laundry facilities and coffee available in the lobby.

Smoke free guestrooms feature light wood furnishings and pastel accents. Each includes televisions with premium cable channels and complimentary local calls. Microwave ovens may be available upon request.

Anybody think there is a way to stream from it?

Vilt

Smash Lord
bigger than your basement, much more roomier than it too. I don't know exact size but we also got another side room next to it. its a good size.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
6. Five way split of pot?

-Idk, haha I wouldn't mind that.

7. Dates for HERB 2, August or Nov.?

-November, I'd rather not do it when school just starts up, I like to get ahead, you know what I mean?

8 Japanese ledge rule, 70 or 80?

-80 for 8 minutes. 70 for 7 minutes. We are playing 8min rounds though right?

9. Pools are ready for the peoples that I know are coming. Should I post them?

-GET ON IT! :p

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Reduce japanese ledge grab rule. I've never seen any match come remotely close to 70 or 80 ledge grabs. The more planking the longer the tournament will run so to make things run as effectively as possible planking should be limited.

Also what happens if they plank past that number, do they forfeit that game or set?

Edit: Japan uses 70 ledge grabs for their 10 minute matches so if we use 70 or 80 for our 8 minute matches that would just allow even more planking.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Reduce japanese ledge grab rule. I've never seen any match come remotely close to 70 or 80 ledge grabs. The more planking the longer the tournament will run so to make things run as effectively as possible planking should be limited.

Also what happens if they plank past that number, do they forfeit that game or set?

Edit: Japan uses 70 ledge grabs for their 10 minute matches so if we use 70 or 80 for our 8 minute matches that would just allow even more planking.
Game.

No cause it will take like 1 for every 6 seconds or something like that and that almost like impossible....I dont know the exact calculation.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
The rule allows 1 ledge grab every 6 seconds if the amount allowed is the timer multiplied by 10.

basically 80 per match for 8 minutes allows one per every 6 seconds.

Japan's matches last longer than ours so our ledge grab rule should allow less than theirs. That means less than 70.

lord karn

Smash Master
I've seen ledgegrabs go above 70. Honestly the only reason it's being put in affect is because of metaknight. Planking gives him the advantage because it forces the other character off the stage and he ***** everyone there. Lowering it more could hurt other characters who rely on edge game, but who are still easily beaten anyways. For instance, samus basically lives on the ledge, but she still sucks.

I think 70 works fine. You also have to factor in that if a player is actively planking they will now have to count their ledge jumps if they want to maximize ledge time, and I doubt anyone will do that. Thus, players will probably stop planking well before 70 if they lose count, or they risk auto-losing.

DUB

Smash Lord
It may be hard to really put a finger on the what the number should be, but If i someone got away with 65+ edge grabs on me I would wonder why planking was even banned at the tourney if people can basically do it with the ban.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Brawl crews will probably be happening, but I dunno about Melee.

I'm not entirely sure how well we'd do....We could have Me, LoZR, Ali, and maybe TC or Twig. I dunno if we could take H2YL or not with that crew, but it would be fun.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Brawl crews would be the longest **** in history. ):

Wont be at Brawl that long might leave when I get out I got school the next day. ):

Melee Crews most likely.

DUB

Smash Lord
Melee crews!! I wouldnt be playing in them more then likely but if your going to do one or the other, definitely do Melee crews.

4 man?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just wanted to say that I just read through this entire thread because somebody randomly used OmniOstrich's stage criteria as a suggestion for my state's stage list.

:D

BEHR

Smash Hero
I just wanted to say that I just read through this entire thread because somebody randomly used OmniOstrich's stage criteria as a suggestion for my state's stage list.

:D
Well come to HERB 2.

<3

Top Bottom