• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
To anyone who doesn't think that the list of composers don't means much.

I did some research and the only stuff Yoko has done for Nintendo is Xenoblade, and Mario And Luigi.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman

I did some research and the only stuff Yoko has done for Nintendo is Xenoblade, and Mario And Luigi.
Is this list online? Can I has link?

Also, this is relevant:
HYPE-STILL-LIVES_zps5383abc9.gif

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

And Super Mario RPG. Outside of Nintendo there's also Street Fighter, Parasite Eve, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XV.

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
Might not mean much, but it's nice to see:

Would post the link but I haven't got 10 posts yet :(

EDIT: Wow looks like I was badly ninja'd:4greninja:

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's more interesting how three of the four composers from Xenoblade Chronicles are involved. It would be coincidence if it was only one, but three of the guys puts a curious twist on the whole thing.

I'm curious as to what song they are exactly involved with. Not just Xenoblade Chronicles, but anything else.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My 3DS will officially become a Xenoblade music player from now on.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Well, seeing as Isaac AT brought some Golden Sun music into Brawl, I wouldnt get all that excited. Unless you just want any Xenoblade representation/music in the game, which would be fine since Xenoblade has some sweet music, but I think we all rather have Shulk playable.

And yes, Im all for Shulk being playable. With mandatory Reyn AT included.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Another new supporter here @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 !

Well, seeing as Isaac AT brought some Golden Sun music into Brawl, I wouldnt get all that excited. Unless you just want any Xenoblade representation/music in the game, which would be fine since Xenoblade has some sweet music, but I think we all rather have Shulk playable.

A Reyn AT would make my year amazing.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

Unlike Isaac, Shulk has the advantage of his composers making tracks for the 3DS version, which Shulk has no roots on.
Imo a stage is guaranteed due this news, & why would their be a Xenoblade stage on a 3DS if Shulk's not playable?

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Also it's worthy to note that Meta Knight's banner has been removed
I think we will get one final reveal (newcomer/vet) before *** release.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't like to presume anything when it comes to Sakurai, but I think this is just an extra helping of "Yep, Shulk's in."

So congrats, early, maybe.

I should probably play Xenoblade. Though it looks more like my wife's type of thing than mine (Gameplay I've seen possibly reminds me of dotHack? If no, please forgive. I've only seen a tiny bit. But that's her favorite series.)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also it's worthy to note that Meta Knight's banner has been removed
I think we will get one final reveal (newcomer/vet) before *** release.
Maybe another Direct? I can hope...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't like to presume anything when it comes to Sakurai, but I think this is just an extra helping of "Yep, Shulk's in."

So congrats, early, maybe.

I should probably play Xenoblade. Though it looks more like my wife's type of thing than mine (Gameplay I've seen possibly reminds me of dotHack? If no, please forgive. I've only seen a tiny bit. But that's her favorite series.)
It's a fantastic game. It's really hard to explain why the gameplay is so good though. I can however say that my friend (who doesn't play RPG's often at all) loves it.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
So I see everyone has seen the PotD today. . . I came home from work around 2:00 AM (EST.), and stayed awake until around 2:30 AM with no update, so I just went to sleep. Ha ha. Enough about that, though. ACE, Shimomura and Yasunori confirmed as composers? As stated, at minimum, I foresee a stage for Xenoblade Chronicles, and in all likelihood (in my mind, though nothing is 100% until it is 100%, I suppose), Shulk confirmed!

Edit: On the topic of Xenoblade's way of combat, from video's I had watched prior to the North American release of the game, I had thought it seemed a little bit slow, although different / innovative. Needless to say, as I put a little time into the game upon release, and up until present day, I do actually admire how the battle system operates, and have little to no qualms about it (I so far don't mind how Xenoblade Chronicles X is expanding upon it, either).

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Is it a music composer or is it a song from xenoblade.

But congradulations (im a supporter of shulk by the way.) this gets shulk as likely as palutena was now. So can't wait to see his reveal trailer.

Ofcoarse when it comes out we got to compare the shulk character icon on the leak with the offical one ofcoarse.

Last edited:
Yep. This is real. This is the real deal

Holy ****. Prepare your popcorns. **** is about to get tight.

aspodfjaafodsjflsjklfds. Finally. Something went right

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Is it a music composer or is it a song from xenoblade.

But congradulations (im a supporter of shulk by the way.) this gets shulk as likely as palutena was now. So can't wait to see his reveal trailer.

Ofcoarse when it comes out we got to compare the shulk character icon on the leak with the offical one ofcoarse.
It's the composer. So far no songs have been confirmed from Xenoblade. However the only other property this composer has done for Nintendo is the Mario RPG's.

It's the composer. So far no songs have been confirmed from Xenoblade. However the only other property this composer has done for Nintendo is the Mario RPG's.
To be fair, I don't think there was any stage confirmed to be from Mario and Luigi but....

The music could play in a Mario stage. As in a "main stream" Mario stage or in a Paper Mario stage...

Ah whatever

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
So I just reached the part where you fight the Arachno Queen (Shulk and Reyn are lv. 14 and I'm still getting my ass kicked) and derp, forgot that Shulk was able to see the future through the Monado when the two and Dunban were fighting Mechon in Colony 9.

That said, I feel a Shulk/Mewtwo trailer WOULD be pretty awesome, though I don't know if Mewtwo would steal Shulk's thunder (kind of like how :4falcon: stole :4lucina::4robinm:'s thunder), what do you guys think?

Also, it's great to see Xenoblade Chronicles music being featured, but isn't it a bit too hasty to say he's in? I want Shulk in as well but music doesn't really prove anything; it's like saying Lip is in because music from her game is in Brawl. Then again, I don't know, I could be looking at this from the wrong point of view.

Still a great b-day present to see Shulk has hope. Now only if the same can be said for :falco::mewtwopm:, but that's besides the point.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yep. This is real. This is the real deal

Holy ****. Prepare your popcorns. **** is about to get tight.

aspodfjaafodsjflsjklfds. Finally. Something went right
So, we're getting Katamari Damacy content?

D

Deleted member

When I went to the Music section and saw "Xenoblade Chronicles", I thought, "OH MY GOD! IT'S HAPPENING!"

Again, such a thing doesn't guarantee Shulk, but finally! Sakurai threw us a freaking bone here!

biocantride

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone I am new here and this is my very first post :) this might have been asked already (I couldn't find it though):
Is there a chance shulk would be a clone of ike?
In the supposed leak screenshot he is showed punching and that attack seems to resemble ike's standard A.
In the Css he is before the third party charachters but also right after the clones which leaves me wondering... I know the leaker said not all the char. were supposively unlocked so things could change but still...
What do you think of it?

(assumed the css leak and the screenshots are legit, which i am still not convinced totally of)

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hi everyone I am new here and this is my very first post :) this might have been asked already (I couldn't find it though):
Is there a chance shulk would be a clone of ike?
In the supposed leak screenshot he is showed punching and that attack seems to resemble ike's standard A.
In the Css he is before the third party charachters but also right after the clones which leaves me wondering... i know not all the char. were supposively unlockes so things could change but stil...
What do you think of it?

(assumed the css leak and the screenshots are legit, which i am still not convinced totally of)
The screenshot most likely isn't legit when it comes to that, unfortunately- As that screenshot appears to be a Brawl mod which was using Ike for Shulk.

The CSS may or may not be legit but I doubt it, myself. Not that I'm talking about that here, I don't need another warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom