• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Geez, someone who was here (whether it be in lurking or posting) before page 27 speak up so I can stop feeling old.

I'm kidding, don't, I like feeling superior.
Just for you I'll bring in my good friends @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and @ N3ON N3ON . First page represent!

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Long time lurker on this thread, reporting for duty. Finally got tired of stalking, and I thought I'd never see the day.

I hope very desperately that Shulk gets in SSB4, but I am not expecting him nearly as much as a lot of you. After reading what everybody's had to say, I give him a 60% chance, maybe, but I really don't know much about how this all works, and I don't want to get my hopes up too much just to have them crushed. (Xenoblade is my favorite game, after all.)

What I want most out of a stage is a traveling stage around the Bionis, like Delfino Plaza (as has already been discussed, I guess). Alternating between day and night, of course. I just can't make up my mind between Gaur Plains, Satorl Marsh, Prison Island (on the outside looking over Eryth Sea, of course), and a sweet shot of the Bionis and the Mechonis just looking generally awesome as they do, so a traveling stage works best. And as much as I despise stage hazards (I refuse to play on any Metroid stages or Spear Pillar for this very reason), Metal Face as a boss on Prison Island would be awesome.

I would probably die of happiness if Shulk got a CG trailer, at E3 or otherwise. I just don't think I could stand to wait until after the game has been released to see if he's in it, especially since I would have to wait for other people to find him (alas, I will be getting the Wii U version of the game). Imagine, characters (Link and Mario and Kirby or something I don't care they aren't the coolest part of this) running from something, and being surrounded by a hazy black horde. They try to fight it, to no avail. Their attacks do nothing. They get surrounded by even more, the circle closing tighter, imminent doom approaches, and BAM! CUE MECHANICAL RHYTHM, SHULK DROPS IN, THE BLACK THINGS ARE REVEALED AS MECHON, HE STARTS KICKING INSANE AMOUNTS OF BUTT, HE HAS VISIONS OF THEIR ATTACKS AND IS DODGING EVERYTHING, NOTHING CAN HIT HIM, IT'S LIKE LEVEL 80 NEW GAME+ PLAYERS AGAINST A FEW LEVEL 2 COLONY SKEETERS, ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION, WOW THIS IS SO COOL WAIT WHERE DID SKITTLE GO OH LOOK HER HEART STOPPED

...I might be a bit too excited about the prospect of this. Heheh. I'm really surprised most of you mention You Will Know Our Names for Shulk's trailer, and not Mechanical Rhythm, which begins with a bang and maintains that brain-exploding coolness the whole way through. ('Course, I'm not the biggest fan of YWKON. Maybe because its presence came with too many heart attacks during the game.)
Found my first post! All the way back on page 55. Wow, I was lurking for a whole 28 pages.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I guest this was fun while it lasted, so long everyone hope to see you somewhere else.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
So...I lied :p

I'm waiting on a response from SmashChu before making any final moves with this thread.

Be grateful guys, we currently have not one, but TWO socials going on right now!

#Unreal

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's been great supporting Shulk before his eventual confirmation in this thread. I've knew this guy had the potential to be one of the Wii's Rising Stars in Smash before the Miis and the Wii Fit Trainers' inclusion. After playing one of the best Wii RPG's in a little after supporting him, I've grown even more interested in the idea of more Xenoblade content in Smash. Now that we have what we want, all that's left to do is to thank Sakurai for giving the series the love it deserves and Monado Boy the opportunity to tussle with Nintendo's icons.

D

Deleted member

It's sad to see this thread (possibly) close.
I've had a lot of great memories in this thread, such as first giving my support, getting ready for various Directs and E3, #MonadoMonday, the leaks, and final Shulk's confirmation. It has been a ride, indeed.
Still guys, we did it! Always remember that Shulk is now fighting Mario, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man because we helped him.

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
This is the place that made me stop lurking.

Thank you, shulk and you guys.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Yay! It's not too late to post my heartfelt goodbye! I started coming here back when I started lurking, which was during the whole Palutena fiasco. So whenever that was. I was here when the place started to get really amazing though. We've come so far. Having Shulk in Smash.

jk 2 animu blnd sord

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
am I the only one that's mad non of the songs on the 3ds version are remixes
well we still have hope for Wii U version but still

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

am I the only one that's mad non of the songs on the 3ds version are remixes
well we still have hope for Wii U version but still
Nah. I'm not upset. The music from Xenoblade is too good to remix in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom