• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Week 2 Discussion
This week wasn't as exciting to me as the first, mainly since I didn't really have the same passion for the more specific jobs like villains and the MLP cast - I'm happy Cobra Commander is in for GI Joe fans, but I'm not particularly attached to the franchise. That's mainly on me, though - Other than that, thread's still running fine, and I'm glad movesets are going to be an indefinite thing now.

Newcomer Discussion
  • Megatron: More than deserving, obviously. Kinda hoping this is the last Transformers rep for a while though - Nothing against the franchise, but seeing how quickly a lot of content for it came in, I kinda wanna put on the brakes and focus on some other franchises.
Definitely understand this about the jobs, but it is going to keep happening. These categories are kind of inevitable for jobs and need to be filled out, but obviously as we get more specific with certain jobs some peopled get locked out due to lack of interest/familiarity. It's something I have to account for when I organize these.
MLP was a bit low but that was kind of expected. More jobs like that will happen as series-specific jobs are just kind of inevitable, but I am trying my best to mix in other job types.
Oddballs is a lot more open, and I think you'll probably enjoy it more. There are also going to be more jobs like Oddballs, so as long as this balance it kept I think the future weeks will be able to adhere to everyone in some aspect. (Week 5 is a bit of an exception but that's more of a celebration week than a normal week, which I won't get into until it happens)

Also, in regards to Transformers content, I made sure the next couple of weeks were tailored to have little to no TF appeal. Definitely don't want people to get sick of it before we move into a Transformers job, and as it is now the franchise should be sitting comfortably with the content is currently has.

FazDude

Smash Master
Definitely understand this about the jobs, but it is going to keep happening. These categories are kind of inevitable for jobs and need to be filled out, but obviously as we get more specific with certain jobs some peopled get locked out due to lack of interest/familiarity. It's something I have to account for when I organize these.
Yeah, that's fair - Those kind of jobs are expected and usually lead to interesting content, so I have no problem with them as a concept - It's just that the ones this week didn't really pique my interest, which isn't a problem with the jobs at all.

D

Deleted member

I'm liking the roster. I do think we're a little heavy on certain series and I'd like to see some lesser known hasbro franchises get their chance. I'm happy we've got a lot of the big faces in though and I think we've got some cool unexpected picks like Rita

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'm liking the roster. I do think we're a little heavy on certain series and I'd like to see some lesser known hasbro franchises get their chance. I'm happy we've got a lot of the big faces in though and I think we've got some cool unexpected picks like Rita
Week 2 was a little more heavy on series-second reps, though this was kind of intentional. Wanted to get Villains done so we have the major antagonists out of the way before doing certain series-specific jobs. We ended up getting a lot of extremely popular must-have characters anyway so this is a good sign.

But yeah, Week 3 and 4 are going to cater a lot more to lesser known franchises, especially with tomorrow's Oddball job. This is going to be my final comment on future jobs because now I'm at a point where I'm revealing too much, but by the end of Week 4 it'll look a lot better.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
NERF Gun: Y
Beyblade: Y
Easy-Bake Oven: Y
Taboo Squeaker: Y
Get out of Jail Free Card: N

I like the idea of the get out of jail free card as an item but like FazDude said, it should be more unique.

Reveal Trailer:

Get Ready for A Game Night Fight!

The reveal trailer for this game would most likely be shown off at a gaming event or in my dreams, some form of an event like EVO but it's focused around platform fighters.

After some sort of world premiere thing occurs, we would be transported to a dark playroom where we get some sort of glimpses of various toys including some Transformers and their box art that the toys come in, some G.I. Joe toys and the boxes they come in, a certain Power Morpher, power coins and certain weapons, some Monopoly board game pieces and Monopoly money, some Dungeons and Dragons books and roleplaying sets, etc.

We then pan over to a toybox about to be opened and then, it cuts to a certain black and white boy with the word "Hasbro" on his shirt pulling out a certain Autobot and a Power Rangers lightning collection figure of a certain green ranger and then he collides the two toys together!

It then cuts to a screen in the Hasbro font saying, with the Hasbro Game Night announcer saying:

Get Ready to Battle across the Hasbro Multiverse!

We first see Optimus Prime and Tommy Oliver battling it out on the Toybox stage. We get cuts of each fighter as the announcer says their names. Then, the Hasbro boy grabs a certain pony as she enters the stage. It is revealed to be none other than Twilight Sparkle who also gets introduced by the announcer.

Then, we move forth to a certain game board where a certain man in a suit is revealed to being none other than Mr. Monopoly. He gets his cut and we get a glimpse of the Monopoly stage.

We then cut to a certain Autobot planet where Optimus Prime falls to getting beaten up by Twilight Sparkle and Tommy Oliver and then we see Bumblebee assist him. He gets his cut with the announcer saying his name and we get a view of his moveset.

Then, we cut to the Statue of Liberty stage where Snake Eyes makes his grand appearance. He gets his cut with the announcer saying his name and we get a quick look at his moveset.

Moving forward, we even get a look at the Command Center stage where Tommy falls to none other than Rita Repulsa who attacks him. She gets her cut with the announcer saying her name and we get a quick look at her moveset.

Then, we go back to the Toybox where the Hasbro boy is making Rita attack everyone until...a certain toy in the form of a potato attacks her. This happens to be Mr. Potato Head joining the fight as well as another certain pony readying for battle who happens to be none other than Rainbow Dash herself. We get their cuts as well as their names announced. We even get a quick look at both of her movesets.

We get a quick look at other stages such as Rainbow Dash, Mr. Potato Head and Mr. Monopoly fighting on the Battleship stage and Optimus Prime and Bumblebee teaming up against Rita Repulsa on the Candyland stage.

Finally, it cuts back to the Toybox where Snake Eyes is taking a stance until another swordsman comes in. This happens to be Drizzt Do'Urden. He gets his cut with his name being announced as well as a quick glimpse at his moveset.

We then cut to other footage showcasing off a preview of super moves from Optimus Prime, Snake Eyes, Twilight Sparkle and Tommy Oliver. Finally, we get CGI footage of the 10 revealed fighters ready to clash against one another as the name gets revealed with the announcer saying the name with the logo of the game being:

Hasbro Game Night Fight!

We then cut back to the Hasbro boy playing with the toys and his dad comes in muttering to himself,

"I guess the Hasbro multiverse is shaping up to be....real nice..."

He says real nice with a sinister tone, which is revealed to be the voice of Unicron and then we get a glimpse of the specific Decepticonlurking in the dark and a quick glimpse of the 10 revealed fighters ready to square off against him, hinting in a Story Mode of some form.

Copyrights and all.

End of trailer

This trailer reveals:

• Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Snake Eyes, Tommy Oliver, Rita Repulsa, Mr. Monopoly, Mr. Potato Head and Drizzt Do'Urden as the first 10 fighters.
  • The Toybox, Monopoly Board, Cybertron, Command Center, Statue of Liberty, Candyland and Battleship as stages
  • The Hasbro Boy as the game's mascot
  • A quick glimpse of the movesets
  • A quick glimpse of super moves
  • A hint of Unicron being the main villain as well as hinting at a story mode
I will probably do the other jobs later.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I think we confirmed Unicron is the main villian. This is a great trialer thiugh.
We never confirmed it. We'll probably go more in depth when I do a proper story mode job.

My preference is for Unicron to be the big villain, though. But my specific idea is that it doesn't start out that way; other villains take the spotlight in the start, but as the Multiverse continues to break apart Unicron eventually is unleashed, and due to his sheer cosmic power he ends up becoming way too out of control for Hasbro Boy and potentially the Dungeon Master (if we go that route)

Either way since this is just a reveal trailer, it doesn't really matter which boss is used. It's just a tease

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
TOMMY OLIVER MOVESET

The moveset is mostly based in his appearence in Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.
Attack NameDescription
Green Slash (Forward)​
Tommy uses his dragon dagger to slash forwards.
Green Launcher (Up)​
Tommy does an uppercut slash that makes the opponent fly away upwards, it can be jump cancelled.
Green Sweep (Down)​
A very straightforward sweep kick that inflicts hard knockdown.
Special Move NameDescription
Dragon Flare (Neutral)​
Tommy launches a green flaming orb of energy in a straight direction, it can be charged.
Soaring Dragon (Up)​
Based in a special move of Lord Drakken in Battle for the Grid that at the same time is inspired by Rugal Bernstein's infamous Genocide Cutter, Tommy jumps while doing a slashing bicycle kick.
Dragon Drill (Side)​
Tommy spins attacking with a piercing kick, in the air the direction of the move can be slightly changed.​
Dragon Wave/Dragon Dive (Down)​
Tommy slashes the ground with his dagger releasing a explosion of green energy at front of him, the explosion would be more similar to Terry's Power Geyser but with very much less damage and kill power unless charged at maximum.​

In the air Tommy does a dive kick that generates a similar explosion when hits the ground or an opponent, while the name resembles a move in Battle for the Grid the move itself is new.​
Super Move NameDescription
Level 1 - Dagger Combination​
Tommy does a series of uppercuts ending with a huge one using his dragon dagger.
Level 2 - Dragonzord Missile Assault​
Tommy use his Dragon Dagger has a flute and calls his Dragonzord, then Tommy jumps offscreen and
the screen changes to show a UI of the insides of the Dragonzord with Tommy inside, he can now shoot
missiles for a limited ammount of time, I mixed his super in Battle for the Grid with Snake's Final Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We never confirmed it. We'll probably go more in depth when I do a proper story mode job.

My preference is for Unicron to be the big villain, though. But my specific idea is that it doesn't start out that way; other villains take the spotlight in the start, but as the Multiverse continues to break apart Unicron eventually is unleashed, and due to his sheer cosmic power he ends up becoming way too out of control for Hasbro Boy and potentially the Dungeon Master (if we go that route)

Either way since this is just a reveal trailer, it doesn't really matter which boss is used. It's just a tease
My bad lol

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I would honestly just say to leave the story/big boss teases for another trailer. I love both of the reveal write-ups thus far, though!

Also keep in mind several people can do a moveset for the same character and we can vote on it

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Mr. Monopoly Moveset

I'm designing Mr. Monopoly to be an extension of the Monopoly board game, where careful investments and strategy are the keys to winning. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit of luck, too.

Nowhere is this better represented than with Mr. Monopoly's main mechanic - Monopoly Money. Mr. Monopoly starts with 200M at the start of every match, and can earn more by attacking opponents. He needs money to use his kill moves and all but one of his supers, so it's a resource players will want to cherish. If Mr. Monopoly is KO'd, he loses half of whatever money he had on hand.
Each of Mr. Monopoly's smash attacks costs 50M to use, regardless of if it lands. Better use 'em wisely!
  • Forward Smash: Payday!
    • When used, Mr. Monopoly slams a money bag in front of himself. This move hits like a brick, but is rather laggy.
  • Up Smash: Electric Company
    • As the move charges, Mr. Monopoly puts his hand to his chin, pondering his next move. When the move is released, he gains an "aha!" expression and points upwards as a large lightbulb is illuminated over his head, dealing multiple hits of damage to opponents before launching them upward. However, Mr. Monopoly is open to attacks from the side during this animation, as he cannot cancel out of it until the lightbulb disappears. This is a nod to the Electric Company utility space.
  • Down Smash: Water Works
    • As the move charges, Mr. Monopoly looks down, tapping the ground with his cane. When the move is released, a water valve sprouts out of the ground on both sides of Mr. Monopoly, shooting water outwards to push opponents away. Despite this move's great knockback, it deals low damage and is somewhat laggy. This references the Water Works utility space.
  • Neutral Special: Roll the Dice
    • Mr. Monopoly throws two small dice forwards - One angled toward the ground, and one angled slightly up. Each die displays a number from 1-6, with higher numbers dealing more damage and giving Mr. Monopoly more Monopoly Money if they hit an opponent. If you manage to roll doubles, the dice gain a small speed, damage, and payout boost.
    • This is Mr. Monopoly's one free special move, but it does have a cooldown - Both for balancing reasons and to emulate having to wait your turn to roll in Monopoly. (Fortunately, you don't go to jail for rolling three doubles this time.)
  • Side Special: Railroad (Cost: 100M)
    • Mr. Monopoly summons a train in front of himself (or below himself if used in the air), with the train automatically driving forwards. The train doesn't abide by gravity, moving straight forward until it is either destroyed by opponents or hits a solid wall. This allows Mr. Monopoly to use it as a platform for recovering purposes. The train also damages opponents it runs into, but it is somewhat slow. Regardless, this move can be used for both recovery and defense (seeing as the train can soak up a bit of damage), but only one can be on-screen per Mr. Monopoly.
  • Up Special: Pass Go (Cost: 50M)
    • A "GO" space appears diagonally above Mr. Monopoly, with him growing angel wings as he flies up to it, damaging opponents in his path. This move doesn't put Mr. Monopoly into freefall, but he can't use it again until he is attacked or touches the stage. It's a fairly basic recovery, but Mr. Monopoly does have a decent amount of super armor while flying, making it very reliable and safe.
    • If this move is used, but Mr. Monopoly doesn't have the cash for the full move, he instead used a third, somewhat higher jump. Not nearly as good as the full special, but I don't want Mr. Monopoly having no recovery. I'm not that evil.
  • Down Special: Property Management (Cost: Variable) / Cane Drop
    • This is where things get crazy, so please hear me out.
    • When used for the first time in a match, Mr. Monopoly spends 150M to build a property where he is standing (meaning this move can only be used on the ground). This property creates a sizable rectangular field - While in this field, Mr. Monopoly deals more damage to opponents while gaining more money from his attacks. Think of it as him charging them rent.
    • If used while Mr. Monopoly is standing within the field, he can use one of two moves: Build or Mortgage.
      • Building lets Mr. Monopoly build a house on his property, with each house costing 200M. Houses increase the damage/money output for the property field by 10%. After the player owns four houses, they can buy a hotel for 300M, boosting their property damage/income to a whopping 1.5x the normal amount. It costs a whopping 1250M to fully upgrade a property, but seeing as the property field doesn't go away if Mr. Monopoly is KO'd, it might be an investment worth making!
      • Mortgaging destroys the property, giving Mr. Monopoly half of whatever he invested in it back. For example, if you built two houses on a property and then mortgaged it, you'll get 275M back - 75M from the initial property, and 100M each from the two houses. This also allows Mr. Monopoly to build a new property elsewhere.
    • If used in the air, Mr. Monopoly drops downwards with his cane for a stall-and-fall attack. This makes it easier for him to return to the stage, where he can exploit and upgrade his property more efficiently.
    • Technically speaking, you don't need to use Property Management if you don't want to. I designed the rest of Mr. Monopoly's kit to be accessible and balanced without needing to dive into this more complex move. However, just like Monopoly itself, taking this risk can lead to a big payday!
  • Level 1: Making A Profit!
    • For a short time, Mr. Monopoly's cash output is doubled, indiciated by the Monopoly Money symbol trailing behind him. Use this to get rich quick and use your strongest attacks!
  • Level 2: Go To Jail
    • Mr. Monopoly is suddenly thrown behind bars, with the player taking control of a reticle that appears on the top of the screen. After aiming the reticle by moving it horizontally, a giant gavel slams into the stage from where the reticle was pointing, dealing major damage and knockback to any opponent hit by it! Afterwards, Mr. Monopoly uses a Get Out of Jail Free card to escape from his prison and rejoin the battle.
I'm not going to do all of the non-required moves - Just a few that I had really good ideas for.
  • Up Tilt: Mr. Monopoly tosses his hat into the air, dealing a light hit of damage.
  • Down Tilt: Mr. Monopoly pokes at the ground with his cane.
  • Dash Attack: Mr. Monopoly hops into the car token piece and goes for a drive, damaging opponents in his path.
  • Neutral Air: Mr. Monopoly spins his cane around himself.
  • Up Air: Mr. Monopoly throws a straight upwards headbutt as his top hat becomes metallic.
  • Down Air: Mr. Monopoly drops the iron token beneath himself, acting similarly to Mega Man's Down Air in Smash.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 16
Character Nomination Day
With Week 2 now wrapping on, Week 3 is officially underway!

First up, since we held the items vote yesterday, today is the Items reveal! No ties, thankfully! Out of the 5 items that were nominated, the first 2 that will be added are...
The Nerf Elite Disruptor and the Beyblade Launcher!
I don't think these two are surprising; they were an unanimous "yes"! Both of these are extremely obvious must-have items in my book.
The next two items are...
The Easy-Bake Oven and Taboo Squeaker! If this ever becomes a real game, I know which item I'm turning off!
NERF: Unanimous Yes
Beyblade: Unanimous Yes
Easy-Bake Oven: 6 Yes, 3 No
Taboo: 5 Yes, 4 No
Jail CardL 1 Yes, 8 No
We'll likely hold more item rounds continuously throughout this thread, so be prepared for those!

I also want to take this time to thank ya'll for your feedback and discussion yesterday. I am always listening and looking to improve the way I run this thread, so everything that is said counts for something.
NEW VOTE
I'm getting lazy with the colors
We had two different write-ups for reveal trailers yesterday! This is double my expectations!
To pick between Darkonedagger's write-up and AlteredBeast's write-up, I will be holding a strawpoll!
I will note, since the characters revealed are an important aspect, the only difference between the two line-ups is Jace in the former and Rita Repulsa in the latter.
Anyhow, vote away!
NEW JOBS
When it comes to fighting games, it's all about the action, and who does it best. Every roster is filled with action and adventure heroes, duking it out using everything at their disposal. But the characters that stand out the most, are not the coolest of action-adventure heroes, but the exact opposites. The absolute weirdos of the rosters; joke characters, gag fighters, the "what the f*ck" picks, whatever type of addition they are, they all fall under one umbrella. And today is dedicated to that umbrella; The Oddballs umbrella.

Job: Nominate an Oddball Character
Whether they're a popular gag pick or an obscure wacko character, or even a non-action character, they'll be eligible for this job! Truthfully, our roster has a bit of a shortage of these types; only Mr. Potato Head, and maybe Pennybags if you consider him as such. But anyone on a similar line as those two qualify!

Movesets and Arcade Endings for any Character are open indefinitely!

Edit: Guh, I posted this a little too early 😰

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Oddball Fighter: Play-Doh

Not sure if these guys have names, but the fun-to-play-with-not-to-eat clay compound is a staple of Hasbro, and while I'm more than willing to settle on an item-only role, I feel you could have a lot of fun with a Play-Doh character. Obviously, Play-Doh itself would allow for a lot of creative moves, but you could also incorporate a few of the accessories!

Oddball character submission:
Omnibot 5042
View attachment 364569
Omnibot 5042 is a robot made by TOMY made in mid-1980's and it comes from one of successful robot lines by the company. It was announced with expectations of restoring the interest in robots.
There is an advanced version of the robot called Omnibot 2000 and didn't had the plastic over it's head.
After the video game crash of 1983, the Omnibot line stopped being produced but it was revived in the early 2000's under a name: "I-Sobot".

I know he would be a weird choice for the game, but at least he had a history with the aforementioned company. Heck, it's design influenced other robot characters like 80's Robot from Muppets and R.O.B. from Nintendo (however, he was loosely based on R2-D2 from Star Wars).

For his moveset, he would have very similar moveset to R.O.B. due to having a similar to design to ROB. Plus he could use other TOMY toys to attack.
He would be small, but mid-heavyweight Zoner character that doesn't have any additional moveset options.

Despite being a lesser known TOMY product, he had a huge part in it's history since it was made for the interest of robots with advanced AI.
Plus, we could have another oddball pick alongside Mr. Potato head in our roster if Omnibot was in. He would be an oddball fighter for this job.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Oddball Fighter:

Lite-Brite Board

Hello_on_a_Lite-Brite.jpg

First released in 1967, this toy has provided children with the artistic ability to make pictures with translucent plastic pegs. This toy is really iconic and thus I feel this would be a perfect out-of-left-field fighter. Basically, the board can have a peg gimmick where you must manage the pegs you use to make pictures while fighting. Imagine the interactions the board will have in the story mode. I was going to submit a Hungry Hungry Hippo but I felt this would be funnier as its...a literal art board in a fighting game.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I forgot to mention, but since movesets are open from now on, you can write-up a moveset for a character nomination going forward.
This was a common practice in DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis that heavily influenced certain votes, so if you want to carry that over here then be my guest

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Resubmitting Lord Licorice.

Banished from Candyland for his love of licorice (an unpopular treat in those parts), this cunning pirate is never up to any good. He'll likely set you back at least a few spaces if you land on him, making him the most antagonistic force of the Candyland board game. Lord Licorice had a Funko pop last year, and is an extremely consistent character in pretty much all Candyland media. I imagine he'd have a moveset where he uses the licorice like whips, taking some inspiration from Simon and Richter Belmont in Smash. Perhaps other unpopular candy could be represented in his movset, like hard strawberries, caramels, butterscotches, etc. And to reflect his role within the game, he'd probably be a zoner who wants to keep his opponents as far as possible from where they want to be. As it's the version of the game that I personally grew up with, I'd love to have the modern Candyland's redesign of him as an alt.

AlRex

Smash Lord
My nomination here
Troll Doll
EE24FAA1-1F00-4464-990A-AB419E380570.jpeg
A more general toy rather than Hasbro specific, but Hasbro has made some, both old and new. They have some sort of magical/gemstone based abilities sometimes, and also have weird action variants like the Stone Protectors and Battle Trolls. Also that movie series recently. Yes. It’s probably tricky to figure out which incarnation to take the most from, but it’d just be funny to me to just see these little guys walking around in this game.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
DAY 16
Character Nomination Day
With Week 2 now wrapping on, Week 3 is officially underway!

First up, since we held the items vote yesterday, today is the Items reveal! No ties, thankfully! Out of the 5 items that were nominated, the first 2 that will be added are...
The Nerf Elite Disruptor and the Beyblade Launcher!
I don't think these two are surprising; they were an unanimous "yes"! Both of these are extremely obvious must-have items in my book.
The next two items are...
The Easy-Bake Oven and Taboo Squeaker! If this ever becomes a real game, I know which item I'm turning off!
NERF: Unanimous Yes
Beyblade: Unanimous Yes
Easy-Bake Oven: 6 Yes, 3 No
Taboo: 5 Yes, 4 No
Jail CardL 1 Yes, 8 No
We'll likely hold more item rounds continuously throughout this thread, so be prepared for those!

I also want to take this time to thank ya'll for your feedback and discussion yesterday. I am always listening and looking to improve the way I run this thread, so everything that is said counts for something.
NEW VOTE
I'm getting lazy with the colors
We had two different write-ups for reveal trailers yesterday! This is double my expectations!
To pick between Darkonedagger's write-up and AlteredBeast's write-up, I will be holding a strawpoll!
I will note, since the characters revealed are an important aspect, the only difference between the two line-ups is Jace in the former and Rita Repulsa in the latter.
Anyhow, vote away!
NEW JOBS
When it comes to fighting games, it's all about the action, and who does it best. Every roster is filled with action and adventure heroes, duking it out using everything at their disposal. But the characters that stand out the most, are not the coolest of action-adventure heroes, but the exact opposites. The absolute weirdos of the rosters; joke characters, gag fighters, the "what the f*ck" picks, whatever type of addition they are, they all fall under one umbrella. And today is dedicated to that umbrella; The Oddballs umbrella.

Job: Nominate an Oddball Character
Whether they're a popular gag pick or an obscure wacko character, or even a non-action character, they'll be eligible for this job! Truthfully, our roster has a bit of a shortage of these types; only Mr. Potato Head, and maybe Pennybags if you consider him as such. But anyone on a similar line as those two qualify!

Edit: Guh, I posted this a little too early 😰
Character Name: Jenga

Yes, I'm aware Jenga is already a stage, but I think there's a solid character concept here. "But Knee, you vehicular vermin", I hear you ask, "How in TARNATION do you implement a tower of wooden bricks as a character? Has the petroleum in your engine found its way into your brain?"

...ever heard of Knack?

Yeah, that Knack.

My thought process here is that the tower itself would be able to assemble itself in unique ways where needed, allowing it to attack in a wide variety of ways. Whilst the obvious form is that of a tower, I think that it'd be fun to see it assemble things like small walls, giant hammers, and so forth - as well as being able to stretch out for powerful punches and slams where needed. And hey - you could even use various unique forms of Jenga as potential attacks - I imagine a super, for example, could be Jenga BOOM (which would create a massive explosion with the Jenga blocks acting as shrapnel.)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Character Name: Jenga

Yes, I'm aware Jenga is already a stage, but I think there's a solid character concept here. "But Knee, you vehicular vermin", I hear you ask, "How in TARNATION do you implement a tower of wooden bricks as a character? Has the petroleum in your engine found its way into your brain?"

...ever heard of Knack?

Yeah, that Knack.

My thought process here is that the tower itself would be able to assemble itself in unique ways where needed, allowing it to attack in a wide variety of ways. Whilst the obvious form is that of a tower, I think that it'd be fun to see it assemble things like small walls, giant hammers, and so forth - as well as being able to stretch out for powerful punches and slams where needed. And hey - you could even use various unique forms of Jenga as potential attacks - I imagine a super, for example, could be Jenga BOOM (which would create a massive explosion with the Jenga blocks acting as shrapnel.)
"Hey I'm playing Hasbro Game Night Fight. Do you want to play as Jenga on Jenga?" is a thing I hope happens with this game

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
finally,i have an idea for a oddball fighter!

Rubik's Cube

yeah,Rubik's Cube is considered a Hasbro toy according to Wikipedia

Rubik's Cube is the most iconic toy of the world, this toy was invented in 1974 by an Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture called Emo Rubik and it's very used on Pop Culture. how Rubik's Cube will be fighting?, well,these little squares of Rubik's Cube will be stretched like drawers,i think the Rubik's cube moveset would be almost similar to Tetromino on Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Good News, I have a oddball idea
Bad News, It's a Transformers character
Submit it! Can't gaurantee it will win but I don't wanna disqualify anyone's ideas, and I'm honestly interested in seeing it

Edit: Also I'm honestly a bit surprised nobody has renominated Furby yet lol

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

SCRABBLE TILE

Yeah, that's right, I'm submitting a tile from Scrabble. I went with "e" since it's one of the more common letters in the English language and it's a vowel.

The way I picture it, there could be various other Scrabble tiles behind it, which spread out to form words based on what action the tile is taking. For example, if the Scrabble Tile jumps, it turns into the word "LEAP" arranged vertically. Its recovery special could be forming the word "HELICOPTER" before spinning around like a helicopter propeller, or its dash attack could cause it to turn into "TACKLE", ramming into the opponent. If it's a word in the English language that contains an e, it could be used as a basis for an attack.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Submit it! Can't gaurantee it will win but I don't wanna disqualify anyone's ideas, and I'm honestly interested in seeing it

Edit: Also I'm honestly a bit surprised nobody has renominated Furby yet lol
OK here goes...

OddBall Character: Trailcutter

1670932938046.png

So a lot of you don't know who I'm talking about... Well, Trailcutter is a member of Rodimus' crew who would use forcefields in his moveset. Why I picked him is because he was from the first comic book I got and it has one of the most greatest gags in history:
1670933120916.png

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: Oddball Character
JEM
Franchise: Jem and the Holograms

In 1985, after G.I. Joe and Transformers had taken off as massively successful brands with their widely beloved animated shows, Hasbro followed suit with another animated show under the same partnership. This lead to the creation of Jem, the headline character of girls-marketed brand to rival the success G.I. Joe/Transformers had with boys. To this day, Jem is one of Hasbro's most underused yet notable female-lead brands and is a hallmark of their 80's lineup.
The concept of Jem itself revolves around an alter-ego storyline, with Jerrica Benton as the civilian and being her alter ego. Using the power of a holographic computer, Jem is able to take disguises and also create holographic projections around here; And, she has her own catalogue of rivals and enemies to boot.
Now, you might be thinking: "This sounds a lot like a superhero show!" These aspects are very reminiscent of one, after all: Secret identity, super powers, arch-enemies, etc... except, Jem is not at all a superhero. She is a pop fashionista musical artist and band lead, with the show's genre itself being "Sci-Fi Romance". She is, despite everything, a civilian character... which means she is well overqualified for being an oddball character!
POTENTIAL MOVESET
As stated before, the entire concept of Jem revolved around her holographic powers and musical career. Unbelievably, this is actually quite a lot that can be fulfilled for an actual moveset! So, rather than just tell, I figured, why not show what a moveset could look like?
Special Move Name (Jem)Description
Lead Singer (Neutral)​
Jem performs the vocals for one of her songs through her microphone, which echoes her voice and acts as a projectile​
This is a rhythm based attack in which the player can continuously do this, but must keep up with the beat of the song she is singing (think Guitar Hero); Each projectile becomes stronger as the beat is kept up
Mirage (Side)​
Jem creates a holographic projection of herself in front of her to act as a duplicate, mimicking her attacks and shielding her from damage.
Stagelight (Up)​
Jem is always the epicenter of potential danger; A stagelight falls down on top of her, but Jem elegantly jumps on top of it, narrowly avoiding injury, and uses it as a boost upwards.
Jemstar (Down)​
Jem transforms into her civilian identity, Jerrica Benton! This allows for a separate set of special attacks she can use
WHY JEM?
I see Jem as being one of the less utulized faces of Hasbro with big history that can easily be represented on a roster of 35. Being essentially the sister series to two IPs already represented, she fits right in with what the roster currently has, and also represents a major girls brand outside of MLP which as of now is currently lacking on the roster.
Being the protagonist of a classic Hasbro series she definitely fits as an easy choice for inclusion, and the idea of a rhythm based musical moveset is something that can and should be tapped into, which Jem is renowned for in her own series.

D

Deleted member

BlytheBaxter.png

Zoe_Trent.png

Blythe & Zoe

The main character of the most recent verison of the popular toyline Littlest Pet Shop. Blythe is a girl with the power to talk to and understand animals. However. She will not be doing any fighting herself. She'll stand in the back and Zoe, a dog, will fight. (I wanted to include Pepper and Penny and make this a Pokémon Trainer style thing bur I figured submitting three characters ar once might not be allowed

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 17
Nominations & Voting
Had to get my nomination in before I started today off, and luckily I had the time to!
Before I get into the submissions, though (and believe me I'm really excited to), there is one vote from yesterday I want to get out the way: Between the two reveal trailers that were submitted for Hasbro Game Fight Night, the winner whose trailer we will use is... AlteredBeast AlteredBeast !
Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 8.26.47 AM.png
Congratulations! This will be our first trailer for the game, and one of a handful more I plan on doing jobs for. I'll update the first post with this later, though. For now...
NEW VOTES
Holy crap, guys! The Oddball round absolutely soared over my expectations, beating out the Villains round and having the second most nominations in the thread, behind the first Hasbro round. I was expecting around 7 or 8. We ended with 12! Twelve! And the line-up of characters is honestly really creative at that; Which, hey, I expected for an Oddballs round anyway.

So, for our list of nominees, we have:
As usual, vote for your Top 3, and your own pick can't be in first. I was planning on only the top two getting it, but given how many nominations we have, I may included the top three winners if the vote is close enough.

I'll post my votes later. With that, good luck!
NEW JOBS
I wanted to wait until after our previous character round ended it's vote for this stage round:

Job: Nominate a My Little Pony Stage
So far, we have no stages from the worlds of Ponlyland or Equestria (Old or New)! Any location from any MLP series is available to submit. Given that most of your are not familiar with MLP, here is Hasbro's official map of Equestria!

Job: Create Character Interactions!
I feel that this has been a long time coming, and with how large our roster is becoming, now is the perfect time for this. Write lines of dialogue from one character reference another, ala Multiversus. It could be during the right, a victory screen, a secret taunt, or even part of the entrance animation! I'll be logging them all as we go along.

As previously said, tomorrow will be a Game Modes round, so if you have an idea for a fun mode, think about the writeup ahead of time!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Play-Doh
2. Scrabble Title
3. Lite-Brite Board

All very good ideas honestly.

My Little Pony Stage:

I will be resubmitting Castle of Friendship.

Castle of Friendship (My Little Pony)

ezgif-4-2b02b9a3fa.jpg

Based on Twlight Sparkle's castle from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic cartoon, you will fight on the castle. The stage layout would be akin to Peach's Castle in Melee. I feel this stage would make a good home stage for Twilight Sparkle herself and to represent a famous byproduct of the MLP brand being the Friendship is Magic cartoon. You can also see the other ponies in the background as well in the stage cheering you on.

I will hopefully do character interactions and more arcade endings later.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job: Create Character Interactions!
I feel that this has been a long time coming, and with how large our roster is becoming, now is the perfect time for this. Write lines of dialogue from one character reference another, ala Multiversus. It could be during the right, a victory screen, a secret taunt, or even part of the entrance animation! I'll be logging them all as we go along.
I haven't played Multiversus, so I'm not sure how the interactions work, but now I'm tempted to nominate Starscream for a future round so he can say "Megatron has fallen! I, Starscream, now lead the Decepticons!" when he KOs Megatron, or maybe if Megatron is KO'd in general while he's there. (along with Megatron saying "Starscream, I still function!" if he respawns after Starscream says that)

While I'm at it, here's an obligatory interaction for when Optimus and Megatron enter the stage at the start of a match.

Optimus vs. Megatron - entrance
Megatron: "Prime!"
Optimus: "One shall stand, one shall fall."

---

1. Play-Doh
2. Lord Licorice
3. Jenga

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to see what I can come up with for one of the villain movesets. I only have vague ideas so far (Megatron's a slower heavyweight character; Rita Repulsa is tricky and summons minions; Cobra Commander uses the Weather Dominator for his level 2 Super), but in case I don't have enough for a full moveset, I want to bring up one thing.

In the G1 Transformers cartoon, Megatron's transformation was a pistol - one that could be picked up and fired by other Decepticons.

However, in Transformers Devastation (the Platinum Games beat-em-up that's set in the same continuity, or at least a very similar one), he turns into a tank.

If I make a Megatron moveset, I'll be going with the tank transformation - not only does that stick closer to the vehicle theme of the classic Transformers, but it's more threatening-looking and would make his attacks in that form seem like they'd have more weight to them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom