• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

Niiro

Smash Ace
but its not like i'll be telling the location of the map. just the info, and i don't see how it will help scum like you too much. and lol, you sould like barty crouch jr. right now imo.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Unless he is going to elaborate, then its complete bullshit. You're a janitor, if you live past this Day then you are going to use your power and sweep up a kill. It logically follows that the only reason you didn't use your power last night is that you died. We would have to rely on your last nights' killer to kill you again tonight, and we don't even know if they are town aligned.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
.cat//tomato 91
Omis 66
Ronike 57
Handorin 51
Superstar 49
junglefever 49
mentosman8 41
KevinM 38
Macman 35
1048576 30
smashman90 26
Yaya 24
frozenflame751 19
Niiro 17
M3D 15
karthik_king 11
Marshy 11
Ignatius 7
-------------------
That is the current list of posts.

Marshy, you and Karthik_King have the least, and you have less than the game moderator. There is no reason to be that inactive when you are as good at this game as you are. Get more active.

Niiro

Smash Ace
well, most of your posts are double/ triple posts....so....
and i don't get wtf macman and ff are talking about.
*silencio*

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So I'm wondering why Hermione would choose now to turn back the hands of time. A day where we had a mafia power role killed; wouldn't it be better to wait for a night where two townies were killed[i'm assuming that an SK killed FF].

Also who was the one that said this time thing was hermione's doing? How would one know it was hermione? Couldn't it have been anyone who got the time turner thingy?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
well, most of your posts are double/ triple posts....so....
and i don't get wtf macman and ff are talking about.
*silencio*
I'm not saying "LOOK AT ME I POST THE MOST." I'm saying that Marshy posts the least but he is very good and I wish he would post more.

anyways, double/triple posts would still put me near the top middle.

So I'm wondering why Hermione would choose now to turn back the hands of time. A day where we had a mafia power role killed; wouldn't it be better to wait for a night where two townies were killed[i'm assuming that an SK killed FF].

Also who was the one that said this time thing was hermione's doing? How would one know it was hermione? Couldn't it have been anyone who got the time turner thingy?
Ronike was the one to say that it was Hermione's doing outloud, but I also thought it could have been her as well, because she uses the Timer Turner in the books/movies. There is a possibility that she started with it.

The next possibility is that someone found the Time Turner item. If that were the case, you must first recognize that the odds are greatly in the favor that the person who found it was town aligned. Next, you must recognize the fact that we lost the doctor last night, and it would be valuable to have him back. We could always re-lynch the mafia. The next possibility is that they had to use it as soon as possible, and another is that they decided they would use it before they died / lost it.

What you imply is that the mafia used the Time Turner to revive Frozenflame, so that he could be re-lynched and accomplish some dastardly deed. A vengeful kill comes to mind.

First of all, Frozenflame card-flipped Janitor. Janitors sweep a nightkill, they do not normally have a vengeful kill. If Frozenflame DID have a vengeful kill, there is no way we could know about it AT ALL, so there would be no reason for him to hint at it, which is what he basically did to give you these ideas.

It might have been better for the person who used the Timer Turner to wait for a night when we lost two townies, but we will never know. We have our doctor back, and we have the ability to lynch a mafia. Frozenflame is very smart and knows that he shouldn't go back down without a fight, so he is being very suggestive + very confusing + very douchebaggery. But that's okay, we love him anyways, except for when he is mafia.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
GOD DAMN IT. JUST STOP TALKING TO FROZENFLAME.

The person who used the Time Turner does not have to claim. It is a pretty nice pro-town tell, and so you should save it and not out yourself.

The way Niiro said that was suspicious but absolutely valid. In a horrible FROZENFLAEM IS A BOMB scenario, we could hope to have him killed and therefore roleblocked again.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
No tomothy, I am not implying anything.

Those two things simply just came to mind. I think it would have been much better to wait for two townies to have been killed. Because in this scenario, we have one confirmed townie and no lynch, if two townies were killed, we would have two confirmed townies, and a lynch. The latter greatly outweighs the former in usefulness.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all, to Macman, I agree you need to elaborate. Letting Frozen live(Which I'm pretty sure is his goal right now) just takes info away from the town, and since his power is likely only good once, it's ridiculous to let him turn into a vanilla maf before we lynch him.

Now, moving onward, and back to Tom's questions of me,

@Mentosman: With the new foeglass development with Numbers and Ronike, how do you now feel about what it means about your alignment and Yaya's alignment? Obviously, he has claimed Harry Potter, an important and probably town character, which gave him a lot of leeway and basically saved his butt yesterday. You saw each other in the glass! But Ronike and Numbers didn't!
This does definitely cause me some confusion. Seeing as no one has countered Yaya's claim, I've got to believe he really is Harry. Seeing as there's no way Harry was made mafia, it does honestly confuse me. I've only got a few thoughts on what the issue here could be. One is that perhaps there are a couple of characters who see each other as enemies despite being aligned. Knowing what happened with Ronike and 104, the thought that it's just flat out unreliable was tossed away. The most likely thing I can come up with is that I may be miller, and that fools the foe glass as well. This last option seems the most likely to me.

Niiro's claim of finding the marauders map seems harmless to me. It was easy to expect it was in the game somewhere, and since he said it's like the foe glass where it can't be taken with you, so it can't be stolen or anything. I am still unsure if we should have him give us the information today or not, since he may be killed by the mafia.

To the name claim idea, I definitely find it a bad idea today. As was said, we are essentially at d1 right now. Also, we have our lynch chosen already, so I don't feel it's the best timing.

Omis' claim seems extremely strange. Why would he investigate the claimed Harry Potter, instead of the other person in suspicion? I'm not going to go so far as to say he lied, but it does seem similar to Super's Ron claim, an unnecessary claim with questions left behind. I'm not saying he's lying, merely that he made a bad choice to claim, especially with the fact that we have a Harry Potter claim and Dumbledore confirmed, but also made a bad choice on the investigation.

Towards FFs stuff I agree he is just trying to mindgame us, so I am going to stick to ignoring him(except for the hilarity of some of his posts.)

Finally, toward Firenze's appearance, if nobody has been to the forbidden forest, I have to wonder if it may have to do with my trip for the night. I didn't go anywhere with traps or anything useful in terms of items, but I guess it could relate to him enough... Have no idea why he would show up and not really do anything though.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
No tomothy, I am not implying anything.
It just seemed like you were implying that it was used to revive Frozenflame for a reason.

we shouldn't lynch frozenflame today.
Here you say that we shouldn't lynch frozenflame today, suspiciously without giving your reasoning upfront. When asked by myself and Omis practically at the same time why not, you respond:

You say "I wonder why x player would choose now as opposed to later when two townies die?" You explicitly state that you believe it would be more beneficial for town for them to have waited. What you are not saying, or what you are choosing not to say, however, is any reason why they would use it now.

You pose the questions without making any of the assertions out loud. The answer is either that they thought they couldn't use it later, or they didn't think to use it later, or finally they used it earlier with mal-intent. You suggest this final point by commenting that "who says it had to be Hermione? Couldn't it have been anyone?" Yes, couldn't it have been anyone with any alignment? As we are assuming it was Hermione (town), couldn't it be mafia?

Those two things simply just came to mind. I think it would have been much better to wait for two townies to have been killed. Because in this scenario, we have one confirmed townie and no lynch, if two townies were killed, we would have two confirmed townies, and a lynch. The latter greatly outweighs the former in usefulness.
Well, obviously the user didn't wait.

I have one question, yedi, and that is simply: Do you still think we shouldn't lynch Frozenflame today?

I don't see any downsides at all. In fact, I see this whole debate we are having as a spawn directly from Frozenflame's manipulative tactics to get the town fighting with itself and off topic. So if you still disagree and think we should leave the confirmed Mafia Janitor alive, we can continue, but otherwise I think we should stop debating it because its dumb and doesn't accomplish anything.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, now that a lot of people have posted their opinions about how Firenze could have gotten here today, I will go ahead and let you all know that he is here today as my companion. For the past two nights I ventured into the Forbidden Forest, n0 going as far as I could and then being stopped by a centaur because it was dangerous to continue further (but being given the chance to continue into a clearing), and then n1 continuing into the clearing and meeting with Firenze. He was being attacked by Aragog, and I saved him. Now he is here to express his gratitude, in the form of a companion and a second vote. This second vote, however, is now pretty much determined unnecessary now that both Dumbledore and Crouch, Jr. have been revived, and we know who we are going to lynch.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wow, I forgot the most important part.

I am going to make Firenze be the hammer vote on Frozenflame's lynch, in the severely unlikely event that Barty Crouch Jr. the Janitor has a bomb ability.

Niiro

Smash Ace
lol, even though it is kinda unnessisary, tom is telling the truth. i would know.

Niiro

Smash Ace
well, atleast the part about him going to the forest n1. iono about the rest.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
If FF has a bomb ability, it would essentially mean the person that hammered would be killed as well. So if Tom uses Firenze to hammer, it would prevent it from hurting us.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Firenze stays for Day 2 whether I use him or not.

Niiro, a bomb is someone that blows up and dies, killing someone else in the process. That seems like the only reason why someone would be afraid of Frozenflame's mindgames today, but there is no reason why FF would even let on that he is a bomb if he really were one. It can be interchangeable with a "vengeful killer" or "hunter" who either picks someone to take with him to death when lynched or kills the person who hammer votes him.

Hammer voting is when you are the final to vote to lynch someone. You put the 'nail in his coffin.'

Niiro

Smash Ace
lol
Vote: Tom
He posted #666 and 666=devil=voldemort
unvote
But i don't see how he could be a bomb though. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Specifically, Omis, Firenze joins me in the Great Hall for the day. I fear to be any more specific.

And Niiro, I also doubt it. Greatly doubt it. Just look at how Frozenflame baits like he is more important. But it is better safe than sorry.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Sorry, I never actually thought we should keep FF alive. That doesn't make any sense. I just felt like saying that to see what kind of response i would get.

But I started thinking further and those two things came to mind, both of which I think are valid things to think about.

Also tomthur I didn't realize we were even debating.

Also I found it odd that you kept asking about firenze because I knew you had to be the reason why he was here. I didn't know what you were trying to accomplish. I still don't really.

And why is niiro ignoring his little slip up.

Smash Master
You said we could nk FF. Most townies don't have nk powers. This means you are somewhat suspicious of being the SK.

Niiro

Smash Ace
um, how did he die night one? the same guy could just do it again. (assuming he is pro town)

Smash Master
Fair enough. I assume FF is just trying to rile up the town. I think it would be best to lynch, though, in case the person who night-killed FF is independent or gets roleblocked.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
i really don't see the point. but if there was a reason, we could just nk him again, or roleblock->lynch him next day.
Niiro, the way you phrased this(the slip up in question) is very strange. Not only does it suggest night-killing him, a power that is not in our control most likely, or role-block him which is established as a mafia power from what we've seen so far. So yeah, definitely looks like a slip up of some sort.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
And why is niiro ignoring his little slip up.
what slip up
hehe . Just taking this at face value makes me giggle.

@Macman: I wanted to see what everyone's opinions were on how an NPC character could show up in the Great Hall. People's suggestions or opinions on something that I know for a fact they weren't part (because it involves only me) could either 1) show patterns or 2) show strange logic that is based in outside knowledge that i could dig to the bottom of.

Makes sense, right? Now, turning that question on you: I dont know what you were trying to accomplish with your "we shouldnt lynch frozenflame" statement, even if you didn't believe in it yourself.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Niiro, the way you phrased this(the slip up in question) is very strange. Not only does it suggest night-killing him, a power that is not in our control most likely, or role-block him which is established as a mafia power from what we've seen so far. So yeah, definitely looks like a slip up of some sort.
Iono, I guess I just wasn't thinking. I just thought that maybe the "cruico" could also have been used by Mad Eye, or somebody like him. I really wasn't thinking, and I was just assuming things I wasn't supposed to.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
everything niiro does makes me giggle.

and i wasn't trying to accomplish anything, I just wanted to say it.

Top Bottom