• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
well that's um quite interesting...

this kind of sucks though because I feel like I have to unvote in order not to risk lynching such a power role. And the only way we can no for sure if he is lying is if someone else counterclaims. However the problem with this, is that now we know who harry potter actually is and this may have been yaya/mafia's plan. If yaya was going to be lynched they may as well find out who the real Harry Potter is...

sigh

unvote: yaya

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
in my opinion, if Yaya is not HP and someone else out there is, the real HP should claim. We would lynch a mafia today, as one mafia is worth basically 3-4 townies, and doc/protection roles could be on HP. Even if the mafia knew who HP is, it would still be a win, because we lynch a mafia and outside maybe an indy fulfilling a goal by knowing who HP is we are ahead of them. And HP could be important to town but if he's roleblocked every night by mafia it's not that much of a loss to have lynched a mafia to do it. Also, town watchers can be on him if we have one, so we could learn even more. :)

tl;dr if you are HP and not Yaya you should claim.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well crap.

Unvote: Yaya

Since it is highly unlikely for HP to be mafia, I can't just vote him off unless a CC happens.

At the moment, I want to go with my second pick of Omis, but I don't want to place my vote on him just yet because it would be 7/9. I'll give him some time to give a last defense before I place my final vote.

Yaya

Smash Champion
TBH, I can't really show any breadcrumbing, besides my post prior to the name claim, yes, I am perfectly aware I have played like shit, and I'm sorry, I was just so nervous on slipping up, a scum would catch on, and I would be an instant night target.

I apologize deeply for my crap play, and I promise, if I do live for the next day, to not be as brief, and work 100% to find scum.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I just plain and simple cant believe this crap Yaya is spewing out. If he is mafia, which this sealed the deal for me, he is casting extreme suspicion on both me and Mentos. Also, because of human conscious we cant sit here and just lynch someone who claims to be Harry Potter. It goes against every instinct in our book. However, this game is not protect the Harry. It is hunt the mafia. Regardless....
unvote vote no lynch
I strongly recomend we go with a no lynch. With this information coming to the table so close to the deadline, it is nigh impossble to make an informed judgement. Even if the mafia gets a kill without us getitng a lynch, we enter the new day with loads to discuss.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
In all honesty, I actually agree with Omis. Tom brought up the possibility of a no lynch, and I thought it sounded reasonable, but with this claim coming mere hours before the deadline, it may be in our best interests to no lynch(we may lose a bit of info, but there's no way we can make a solidly educated decision in the next couple hours.

Unvote Vote: No Lynch

Omis

my friends were skinny
I believe he is mafia deep in my heart. But I cant with a clear concious lay my vote on him in this situation. Whic is why I opted for a no lynch. So we could discuss this in more detail instead of in TWO ****ING HOURS!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Current vote tally:

Omis - 4: Frozenflame, Superstar, Junglefever, Yaya
No lynch - 3: .cat//tomato, Omis, Mentosman8
Yaya - 2: 1048576, Karthik_king
1048576 - 1: Kevinm

a deadline has been set for Wednesday, April 22nd(today) @ 11:59 pm Eastern. There will be no extension given.

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Ronike

Smash Ace
My vote would still be on omis. Luna is important enough to be in this game, but not as essential as others that she could be in. I dont really believe Yaya, but not enough to want to switch my vote if I could...

Omis

my friends were skinny
C'mon Kevin please. There is only an hour left. We arent all going to suddenly see the light and vote for him. Voting for a no lynch is a vote for the greater good right now. We all know you still dislike him. Right now your being stubborn.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't think Omis is mafia simply because along with his claim he said "of dumbledore's army" and though I may easily be wrong I doubt mafia would think to add in a detail like that when fake claiming.

But i do not advocate a no lynch... so i'd rather omis get lynched than noone.

Omis

my friends were skinny
If you dont believe Im mafia, then why are you sitting back and letting me die? The least you could do is vote no lynch so we could at least see what is going on with YAYA's nameclaim. Vote for me d2 if you want. I cant disclose why, but I need to be alive tonight. Trust me on this Macman.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
C'mon Kevin please. There is only an hour left. We arent all going to suddenly see the light and vote for him. Voting for a no lynch is a vote for the greater good right now. We all know you still dislike him. Right now your being stubborn.
I'm being stubborn by acting on scum vibes? I never said I disliked numbers.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Might as well mention I'm not changing my vote.

I agree with Tom on both "it's just a name claim" and "Real should claim as mafia is worth 3-4 townies". For this I have no thought on voting Yaya.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The way I see it, voting for a no lynch is the only way to save your ***. The way you are begging and groveling at us no to lynch you is a bit ridiculous. Yaya's claim definitely puts a spin on things, but that has nothing to do with taking you out of suspicion.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't agree with this notion, but with the amount of time we have left, it is impossible to come to a conclusion unless we all join a chat room and post the logs later.

So to make it official
Vote: No one

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Also Omis, claiming that you NEED to stay alive doesn't help us at all. In fact, anyone can say that. It's a terrible argument and for all we know you want to stay alive so you can maybe role block the now claimed HP.

Handorin

Smash Hero
By voting no one, no one is lynched.

I guess it is safe to assume that it also means no lynch.

(It's really me just being used to Epic Mafia where you actually click 'no one')

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Obviously we can't all join a chat room, as its against the rules. But thats just Hando's suggestion. I wish we could do it. lol. Epic Mafia = easy mode.

I'm going to again push for a No Lynch. We barely have a majority of people voting, much less voting for the same person. We have two lynches that both lean towards being town aligned, one of them claiming Harry Potter with less than an hour to give time for a counterclaim, the other claiming with a phrase another player(s) recognize.

Again, No Lynch is in no way a failure. It is simply another option. We don't learn an alignment, but we also don't lose a townie. And with the limited amount of time we have, I would request that someone else vote NL so we can have one more vote on it than something else.

We need to prod inactive players, especially Mediocre, into playing more. We need more discussion, and we need to form patterns and make accusations! Tomorrow, D2, we will do just that until we have a majority deciding on someone not because they are pressured by time but because they agree he is scummiest.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just to note:
I have been under the impression that if you don't vote, then you are essentially voting for a no lynch. This is not the case.

9. If a majority of votes hasn't been reached at deadline, the person with the highest vote count is lynched. In case of draw the person having reached the highest number of votes first is lynched."

After reading Dino Mafia, I just decided to reread the rules regarding lynching in this game to make sure. So unless more people vote now, Omis will be lynched regardless.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I agree that the Yaya situation is interesting and really twists things in the game, especially this early. However, none of you have given me a reason to unvote OMIS.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So... I hate no lynches, so Im not going that route.

On another note, I think we should replace medi if he doesn't get his *** in gear within gear in 2 days.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'm considering a no lynch, but I'm not at the same time.

Omis says he needs to be alive tonight...Why?

He doesn't name claim and then he drops a bomb like that? I am really considering voting No lynch, convince me.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Then let us see where we go with this
I am Luna Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army
This was my name claim. I dont have much time left so this will be brief. Everyone was extremely shaken up my your claim. I think it would make the town as a whole feel alot more reassured in your claim if they had more to to look over the info

Yaya

Smash Champion
Hmm.

Unvote Vote: No Lynch

I missed that.

I assume we should let you live for the night, saying you need to stay alive.

Quick Post because time is short.

Top Bottom