• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

Ronike

Smash Ace
So let me get this straight: we are going to give the reigns to the mafia on whether to kill HP or not? We are leaving a hugely scummy person alive because he says "he needs to stay alive"? HOW MUCH SCUMMIER DOES IT GET?!?! We are giving the mafia a free shot because we all know the doc is going to protect HP! GOD DANM IT GUYS!!!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It's really the only way to go.

No lynch - 5: .cat//tomato, Omis, Mentosman8, Handorin, Yaya
Omis - 3: Frozenflame, Superstar, Junglefever,
Yaya - 2: 1048576, Karthik_king
1048576 - 1: Kevinm

I'm too lethargic to make a flavored post about everyone going "rabble, rabble, rabble" then at the last second, deciding to kill nobody; so I'll let M3D. Also send your night actions to him still.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
"rabble, rabble, rabble" went the town (lolz). Arguing the finer points of the actions from the night before, the town began to narrow their suspects for a lynch. Three people claimed to be Hogwarts students, but without a counter-claim or any reliable information to confirm or question the claims, the town felt stuck. Eventually they settled on leaving everyone alive and continuing to explore the castle for another night. They knew they were taking their chances with the Death Eaters still in their midst, but the tools and information they gathered during the night could be the key to saving the world.

Day 1 Ends. Night Falls.

Your night actions are due to me by Saturday at Noon EST. Please copy Iggy on all night action PMs.

Also, please remember not to speak to anyone outside of the game unless your role PM specifically states that you may. Even players that die during the night are not necessarily removed completely from the game, so PLEASE do not contaminate the game by talking to someone about this game.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Niiro replaces Mediocre.

Night actions are due this morning. Please send them in ASAP. Thanks.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
The wizards and witches of Hogwarts gathered back in the Great Hall in the morning and had a series of surprises waiting for them when they arrived.

To their dismay, Handorin (Dumbledore, Town-aligned Doctor) had been slain, his body dangling over the podium at the front of room. Laying in front of his body on the ground was frozenflame751 (Barty Crouch Jr, Mafia Janitor). Two had died during the night.

Superstar was missing from their midst and at first the town thought him lost. After trying a few summoning spells, they were able to bring him the Great Hall. He had been turned to stone!

Finally, a centaur named Firenze (NPC) joined them in the Great Hall. He said nothing to indicate why he was present.

Day breaks. Night 1 ends. Day 2 begins.

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Handorin

Smash Hero
After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Wow a mafia on night one, this is fantastic.
Losing a doctor really hurts though, now we are going to have to play it safe. Or at least safer.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's good to see a mafia down on night one, and more importantly a janitor who didn't get the chance to use their power. On the other hand we lost the doc, but it's still a trade off that's generally in our favor, we just have to play it a little safer now.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I'm a bit puzzled as to what happened to Superstar. I'm thinking that he traveled into the chamber and the Basilisk turned him to stone. Either that or one of us turned him to stone. I'm leaning more towards the former cuz IIRC he said that he was planning to enter it. So maybe he encountered Basil and got stoned.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It would make sense that Superstar is now turned to stone if he went into the Chamber of Secrets. That is what the Basilisk does. Superstar, I hope you can post.

@Omis: So, yesterday you pleaded that you must survive to the night and many of us No Lynched, including Yaya, who was the other person on the chopping block. Do you have any insight to provide? It is pretty good for you that frozenflame pushed for your lynch D1 and woke up dead. I dont think it was any kind of D1 bus, so you are pretty clear in my book, but you need to give answers/explanation. You didn't kill frozenflame did you? xD

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
T____T

We will miss you, Dumbledore .

Losing a doctor is bad news, but the power roles shouldn't fear. In a game this large, there are sure to be more than one kind of protecting roles available. I'd bet my life on it.

I'm very glad that the Mafia Janitor died. For those of you who do not know, he kills someone and hides their body so that only the mafia know who he was, and then he can safely claim their name and power. A safeclaim Dumbledore would have torn this town apart.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So... Omis, play better so that the mafia can't use you so well as a blame puppet.

At any rate, I'd say we almost for sure have an sk not a vig, as FF seemed to be doling out good discussion. Plus, seeing as how he was one of the big opponents of flavor following, I'd say there is a decent chance we don't have any surprise mafias (i.e: Harry Potter = town)

Oh, and BTW, Kevin, if you plan to keep making posts like that, please change your title to captain obvious.

smashman90

Smash Lord
It would make sense that Superstar is now turned to stone if he went into the Chamber of Secrets. That is what the Basilisk does. Superstar, I hope you can post.
I doubt Superstar can do anything. <.< >.> Quick! Let's do something stupid to Superstar! He can't do anything! *Rubs mah butt on his stone face* Ahem, we probably should kill the basilisk if possible that way the Chamber is cleared of any traps (or at least clear the chamber of the Basilisk's threat) that way nobody else can get stoned. A few of us here who are knowledgeable in the Harry Potterverse should know how to cure Superstar. Maybe the death of the Basilisk could cure Superstar. I know that wasn't the case in Chamber of Secrets IIRC but hey, mafia games tend to change things up. So it's possible and if not, then I'm sure that at least one or more of us here know how the petrified kids were returned to normal in CoS.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So... Omis, play better so that the mafia can't use you so well as a blame puppet.

At any rate, I'd say we almost for sure have an sk not a vig, as FF seemed to be doling out good discussion. Plus, seeing as how he was one of the big opponents of flavor following, I'd say there is a decent chance we don't have any surprise mafias (i.e: Harry Potter = town)

Oh, and BTW, Kevin, if you plan to keep making posts like that, please change your title to captain obvious.
And if you're going to make petty insults while continuing to be bad at this game I prefer you change your name to

"I need to know what I'm talking about"

I'm sorry for expressing some jubilee at an obvious good night one, anything else I have wronged you for master of Mafia?

Frozenflame dying N1, I couldn't have seen that coming.

I'd also like to see what Omis has to say considering it was a must situation that we kept him alive.

Also

Vote: Junglefever

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on suspects game play in general. You've been doing the same thing that I had voted Numbers for, and I want to get some discussion going today.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
If you don't think Omis is mafia anymore, why do you still pester him to give information?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you don't think Omis is mafia anymore, why do you still pester him to give information?
I guess this is addressed to me?

I would like to think that asking him to explain himself after:

If you dont believe Im mafia, then why are you sitting back and letting me die? The least you could do is vote no lynch so we could at least see what is going on with YAYA's nameclaim. Vote for me d2 if you want. I cant disclose why, but I need to be alive tonight. Trust me on this Macman.
is more than just pestering him for information. He owes us an explanation for why he needed to be alive last night. That aside, though, I do very much believe that he is not mafia because of frozenflame's push for his lynch.

---

@Ronike: You can vote today? I hope you didn't revisit the Quidditch fields again and get bludgeoned in the face... again.

@Niiro: Welcome back, Mediocre! Hah. I'm glad you replaced him.

Mediocre claimed to be "crucio'd" on Night 0. Night 1 has passed and it would follow that someone got "crucio'd" last night, too. If it is a roleblock of sorts we don't know yet, but the Cruciatus Curse is an unforgivable curse and sounds like mafia activity.

@Yaya: Please be more active in the hunt for the Death Eaters today! Day 1 you were very, very brief about everything. I know you're good at mafia. Be more detailed and hunty.

---

What does everyone think about Firenze the centaur? He's standing right here today.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know about Firenze... Seems kind of odd for an NPC to just show up during the day, as I don't see anything we could do with him. I think it's best to just leave him be right now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I think it's there for a reason. Someone may have activated it from a night action.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Smashman
If you are allowed to talk, please talk.

If you are not allowed to talk, and only vote, and your vote on Smashman was a joke vote, please unvote and vote someone else.

If you are not allowed to talk, and only vote, and your vote on Smashman was serious, please unvote and vote him again.

:)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What? :O Superstar?

Your vote can't be a BOTH a serious vote AND a joke vote. I dont understand.

Vote Smashman if your vote on him is serious.

Unvote then vote me if your vote on him was not serious. How about that?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unvote

Superstar, do you know how you were turned to stone. if yes unvote and than vote again. if no than just unvote?
If you know who did it, unvote and than vote for them two times.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
So, Superstar knows how he was turned to stone. That is to be expected. I do think it is because he went into the Chamber of Secrets, because Day 1 he said he was going there.

Hopefully my talking points to Ronike, Niiro, and Yaya do not get overlooked. I'm also interested to see what junglefever says to KevinM.

@Ronike: You also mentioned again today that you worry that Omis will still be used only as a blame puppet. Do you still find him scummy after frozenflame's cardflip?

@mentosman, Yaya: where do you two currently stand on the Foeglass issue?

@smashman: I bet that Superstar will be cured tomorrow. I am most willing to think that the Basilisk is a one-day no-talking curse trap or something. Don't you think that makes more sense, mechanically, than another player having to cure him? You also mention killing the Basilisk. How do you think that can be done?

@Marshy: You were with Superstar Night 0 in the Girl's Bathroom. Did you go into the Chamber of Secrets last night?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
@Kevin: I had been suspicious of Omis but Ronike simply beat me to the post. I became even more suspicious when he said he NEEDED to be alive for last night. However, with FF turning up mafia, and how OK he was with him dying so close to the deadline, I have become less suspicious of him. I would still ask Omis to tell us why it was so important that we be kept alive tonight.

Tom: If this game is canonical, you can kill the basilisk with the sword of gryffindor, though I can only speculate where one might find such an item.

I think it might be a good idea for anyone who has been in the forbidden forest to claim they went there, and they might be able to explain why Firenze has appeared in the Great Hall.

Smash Master
The Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom (room 4) has a foe glass on the teacher's desk. I saw nobody and heard no whisper (except my own) when I went there last night. Just letting the town know.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Time bent...

...nausea passed through the wizards in the room, someone was toying with time...

Suddenly, before them all stood Handorin, known to them all now as Dumbledore and frozenflame, the Death Eater Barty Crouch Jr. They were alive. When the effects of the magic wore off, a broken time turner was found on the floor of the Great Hall.

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Top Bottom