• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Boss Move To Dodge?

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Duon's spin attack is very predictable dude.

For me, spin attack is one of the easiest attack to dogde.

There is no reason for you to take damage by that.

Just pay attention in his body.
i just roll out when i'm getting sucked in or i'll air dodge.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i alwasy try and get those missles to come back and hit him for a alot of damage, but then i usually get hit by something for a good 20-50 damage, its worth it if you know how to do this right, but i always mess it up, also can you use fox's down B to reflect those missles?

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
hmm okay , thanks guys i might be able to finnally finish this thing now
No problem dude. Relax.

I cleared Boss Battle on Intense Difficult with all characters.

If you have any questions about Boss Battles, just post here.;)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I cant seem to avoid Porky's laser attack, that chases me all over the screen.
It even has a sweetspot O_O
You need to get the right Timing to roll out or run away to the right side.

Porky's Laser has a great KO Potential, but you can easily predict it.

I recommend running from side to side, then when you see he preparing to perform the Laser attack, just roll out to the right side.

You must be fast.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
tabuu's whip, that i can never dodge
Tabuu's Whip is one of my favorites attacks. It's very sexy.
Whip has a HUGE KO Potential and it's very Hard to predict.

You can dodge it. Air Dodge is the best way. When I got the chance to avoid this attack, I always perform an air dodge, which is much safe.

This move is kinda hard to avoid and predict, I guess.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
Tabuu's Whip is one of my favorites attacks. It's very sexy.
Whip has a HUGE KO Potential and it's very Hard to predict.

You can dodge it. Air Dodge is the best way. When I got the chance to avoid this attack, I always perform an air dodge, which is much safe.

This move is kinda hard to avoid and predict, I guess.
i know it can be dodged(dodged it like 2 times), but it comes out so fast, and i'm just not expecting it, especially if i'm suffering from the end lag of an attack

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
i know it can be dodged(dodged it like 2 times), but it comes out so fast, and i'm just not expecting it, especially if i'm suffering from the end lag of an attack
You just need to pay attention. If you're playing on Intense difficult, It's almost certainly that Tabuu will perform the Whip Attack (Chain of Light).

All of Tabuu's moves are easily dodge-able. You just gotta be awesome.
I agree with you one more time.

Actually all of Tabuu's moves are easily dodge-able, IF you pay attention in his body.

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
At first I thought Tabuu's rings that he shoots out were unblockable :U
then I rolled, and was like "laik omg lol rowls ftw"
But other than Tabuu's rings, the only other boss I had trouble with was Duon for some reason.

The Brigand

Smash Cadet
Galleom's Uppercut. I lost in SSE because that move came out almost instantly on Intense, and the only character I had left alive was Dedede at around 300%.

Fun aside, it's definitely Rayquaza's Lightning for me.

Shock0055

Smash Rookie
i say porky's move where he runs towards you, i mean like you never seen it coming :mad:

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Tabuu's Whip is pretty deadly, unless you memorize the sounds, and after a move, run to the opposite side of the stage.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Bleh...Porky charging at you and then using his Vulcan-Jab-like move always kills me somehow :dizzy:.

I remember one time I beat Boss Battles on Intense with Ness and DK solo at my friend's house...So far, I only got to very hard with Kirby and DK on my file :ohwell:.
me and my cousin, who is 10, cannot beat boss battle on intense, we get up to tabuu and its like whoa. we use MK, since he can fly.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
I have Tabuu's pattern memorized for those who want help. Here's how to handle each attack set:

*First attack - jump to set yourself in a position for Air-Dodging if necessary.
*Second attack - if he hasn't recently used his Off Waves, then jump, because his two moves besides Rapid Chop (easily evaded) are best dodged with a starting air position. If he has, then don't trust that going near him will be safe, because he may use the Projection attack; however, his remaining possible attack (Pinpoint Explosion) shouldn't be too hard to evade.
*Third attack - stay near the center at all costs. When he teleports once then stops, take a look at his position; if he's above the platform at all rather than on the sides, he's about to use Bullet Rain, which is a pain to shake off, hence why I tell you to stay near the center. His other two attacks are telegraphed, so you'll know when jumping is safe.
*Fourth attack - it will be Off Waves for the first cycle (or half-cycle), or Eye Beams for the second one. Fortunately, both aren't too hard to dodge even if you don't position yourself with this in mind, so you shouldn't need my advice about this.

And for those doubting my pattern memorization, a little run of beating him thoroughly with 1.5 times downward gravity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35jk1hGmFes&fmt=18

Tabuu used:
*Exploding Teleport - 9 times
*Non-Exploding Teleport - 8 times, not counting the Teleport right before each of the Rapid Chops (one being a double, the other being a quadruple)
*Shark Blade (1) - 3 times
*Diving Slash (1) - 3 times
*Gold Trap (1) - 3 times
*Chain of Light (2) - twice
*Electrical Shield (2) - twice
*Rapid Chop (2) - twice
*Pinpoint Explosion (2) - twice
*Tabuu Projection (2) - twice
*Dragon Laser (3) - 5 times
*Bullet Rain (3) - twice
*Shuriken (3) - 3 times
*Off Waves (4) - 5 times
*Eye Lasers (4) - 5 times, died on the 5th usage

LLDL

Smash Hero
all bosses were easy in this game, even on intense (which is the first difficulty i set the game to)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I have Tabuu's pattern memorized for those who want help. Here's how to handle each attack set:

*First attack - jump to set yourself in a position for Air-Dodging if necessary.
*Second attack - if he hasn't recently used his Off Waves, then jump, because his two moves besides Rapid Chop (easily evaded) are best dodged with a starting air position. If he has, then don't trust that going near him will be safe, because he may use the Projection attack; however, his remaining possible attack (Pinpoint Explosion) shouldn't be too hard to evade.
*Third attack - stay near the center at all costs. When he teleports once then stops, take a look at his position; if he's above the platform at all rather than on the sides, he's about to use Bullet Rain, which is a pain to shake off, hence why I tell you to stay near the center. His other two attacks are telegraphed, so you'll know when jumping is safe.
*Fourth attack - it will be Off Waves for the first cycle (or half-cycle), or Eye Beams for the second one. Fortunately, both aren't too hard to dodge even if you don't position yourself with this in mind, so you shouldn't need my advice about this.
Hey.. Nice explanation about Tabuu's attack. You're pretty right.

I almost have no problem beating Tabuu. I know the timing of all attacks too.

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
Tabuu's red rings of death, and call me a n00b but Master Hand's slap... Correct me if I'm wrong but it just seems that there is no warning for it whatsoever, and he does it so quickly...

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Master Hand's slap... Correct me if I'm wrong but it just seems that there is no warning for it whatsoever, and he does it so quickly...
well i just do aerial attacks when i'm fight him. a move he uses that i do hate is that spinning hand thing, ugh so frustrating.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
and call me a n00b but Master Hand's slap... Correct me if I'm wrong but it just seems that there is no warning for it whatsoever, and he does it so quickly...
The Slap is the 2nd best move of Mater Hand's attacks, I guess. Man... Honestly, I sometimes get ***** by this slap too. As you said there is no warning for it and he does it so quickly. It's kinda hard to predict too.

a move he uses that i do hate is that spinning hand thing, ugh so frustrating.
Spinning Hand is ANNOYING !
For me, it's the Master Hand's best attack, cause it inflict a HUGE damage if you don't shield it and even you shield it, the Spinning Attack is able to break your shield.

Did you try Full Jump/Double Jump -> Air Dodge (To the Side) ? I think is the best way to avoid it.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Spinning Hand is ANNOYING !
For me, it's the Master Hand's best attack, cause it inflict a HUGE damage if you don't shield it and even you shield it, the Spinning Attack is able to break your shield.

Did you try Full Jump/Double Jump -> Air Dodge (To the Side) ? I think is the best way to avoid it.
usually i'll just run and roll but he manages to get me in it. i'll have to try what you just said.

about the slap.

well it depends, i always watch master hand ( every other boss, too), never taking my eyes off of him, i never watch my character only when i try to recover. and since he's big, you can pretty much see him setup for the slap. he jerks back a little.
i just jump and air dodge or i'll be on the other side of the stage where i can see him do it. (why, i don't know :laugh: )

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
They're all really easy to dodge as long as you know what the moves are. I'd normally say that Master Hands drill is the hardest since that took me a while t figure out (>_>) but even dodging that is easy after a few times.

Really though, Rayquaza's spinning electric-thingy attack. That thing's seriously impossible.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Personally I always found Duon's blue side's head smash as one of the hardest moves to dodge, especially on the harder difficulties. I can only dodge it nowadays if I know when it's coming. More often than not, though, it stills kills me on Intense. The closest I came to beating that was with Meta Knight - ironically I dodged the Off Waves only to be hit by his light line of explosions.

Oh, yes, and Master Hands finger flick is tough too. He'll 'walk' across the stage, but if you're right next to him spamming aerials, he'll just flip and flick instantly, and he'll do it in less than half a second. Yeesh.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Personally I always found Duon's blue side's head smash as one of the hardest moves to dodge, especially on the harder difficulties. I can only dodge it nowadays if I know when it's coming. More often than not, though, it stills kills me on Intense.
Honestly... There's no difficult to avoid Duon's Head Smash. Just get close of him and force him to attack you with head smash and perform and Air Dogde to avoid it.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Honestly... There's no difficult to avoid Duon's Head Smash. Just get close of him and force him to attack you with head smash and perform and Air Dodge to avoid it.
Considering that I always get close to him to attack, and it's the first move he uses, I almost always dodge his first use of it.

Trouble is, after that, I can't remember when he goes full cycle and is supposed to use it next. You'll get about a third of a second's warning when he pulls his head back, but my reflexes are somewhat slow... :dizzy:

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
3 Red rings of Death.
Just when you have to avoid it in Intense, to finish it, you miss the dodge...
I hate it...

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
I find Tabuus offwaves REALLY easy to dodge. Just keep practicing it's really easy after a while.

Tabuus explosive teleport is undodgeable, unless you're NOT attacking him.

Tabuus random multiplying thing is also ridiculously hard to dodge.

For porky's lightning thing, as soon as the ball appears, jump and airdodge, wait a bit, and airdodge again.

Top Bottom