• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
lol. I may be able to get gold this weekend, but only 3 months. then i'll be able to play with some of you.

(sry that i couldn't get on for a really long time, school's more important right now, and... there's GTA IV, :p)

well i'm not playing it, i've got a cousin who is addicted to GTA, heh heh

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I've decided rankings mean jack ****. After a few games, I'm a 22 in team slayer, and ended up teamed with a 30 and a 25(it's 3v3). It was standard slayer on narrows. After initially doing not so well, I pulled ahead and ended up with 17 kills, while they have 17 and 16 respectively. We won by a margin of 5 and I think, that's cool, we were all even. Then I check the K/D spreads. I'm a +9 while they are both -2. I check service records, and they both have less than 50% W/L ratio. *sigh*. This, or I'm a hella lot better than I thought I was.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, ratings don't mean that much. I've beaten several lvl 50 generals when im only a 39 captain grade 2.
I can't say the same for my K/D ratio right now, its been suffering. (ranked: 1.24, it used to be 1.34 and in social it is currently 1.66 and it used to be 1.73) Oh well. :)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, I just added everyone on the smashboards list.

Don't be afraid to send me a game invite!

EDIT: Except Hitzel. You're friend list is full.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
I've decided rankings mean jack ****. After a few games, I'm a 22 in team slayer, and ended up teamed with a 30 and a 25(it's 3v3). It was standard slayer on narrows. After initially doing not so well, I pulled ahead and ended up with 17 kills, while they have 17 and 16 respectively. We won by a margin of 5 and I think, that's cool, we were all even. Then I check the K/D spreads. I'm a +9 while they are both -2. I check service records, and they both have less than 50% W/L ratio. *sigh*. This, or I'm a hella lot better than I thought I was.
Yeah rank doesnt mean a thing when you get to a certain point.

I got a question for most of you:

Why play Team Slayer when there is an MLG playlist?

I'm guessing your answer will be you dont like MLG or you like TS more, Why?

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
because everyone takes MLG to seriously and because of that it just stops being fun, wich is why i play and have a lot of customs. yeah i play a lot of MLG customs, but thats because people its just more fun to play that stuff with friends.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I play both, basically because I want to be good with the BR and the sniper rifle, since they are such important weapons, and they are the hardest to get good with. Not to mention I have fun while I'm doing both. If anyone takes Halo too seriously, it's in SWAT.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Here are my thoughts on rankings: While they don't mean a lot, they certainly can't be ignored. I am a 49, and although I have beaten a lot of generals, I still do not consider myself good enough to be a legitimate general (yet). I feel that the rankings system is usually pretty good on Halo 3, but hey, everyone can have a bad game, as I am certain everyone here has had (lord knows I have had them).

Now one thing that I have never payed much attention to is the K/D ratio. Now obviously you want this to be good in any SINGLE game (meaning that you are positive), but I do not think that an overall k/d ratio is that important (unless it is absurd like >2 or <.9). I realize many of you might not agree, but hear me out.

1. When you play objective, especially 1 flag or 1 bomb, running in dying a ton will ruin your ratio, but is sometimes necessary (when on offense). Also, a teammate quitting out, and if you just start screwing around, this will ruin it too.
2. Your k/d ratio doesn't necessarily reflect how "good" you are, but more your style of play. I will use myself for example, b/c my K/D ratio isn't great(1.14 R, 1.28 S) but I consider myself a pretty good player. In TS and SWAT, I try to run to the other teams spawn point and wreak havoc. Because of this, I usually get a lot of kills (avg. 11.67) but I also get a lot of deaths (avg 9.85). The problem with this can also be that if my teammates do not provide good support (rush along with me, or get in GOOD snipe spot) then I tend to die a lot. Now I feel that there is a huge difference between a good sniper and a great sniper, and that has to do with positioning.

Someone who just camps in one spot, gets 8 kills and 3 deaths, is simply a good sniper. But, if you get a team mate who can really move around with sniper, and who understands where they should be to cover you, then this is a great sniper, and even if they only end up slightly positive, IMO they are more helpful than the +5 sniper (who would have a great K/D ratio)

When i say great sniper, I do not necessarily mean that they can no scope like a mad man, but they certainly are not surprised when they get them. I also realize that if they are smart, then they will probably end up more than just slightly positive, but that isn't my point. My point is that the big difference is in how a sniper positions himself, because when it comes down to it, you want to be able to kill the other team as close to their spawn points as possible (so they can't get other weapons, but not so close as to they spawn ON you)

I realize that I got off subject here, so simply put, IMO K/D ratio can be a bragging point if you have a high one, but it doesn't mean a whole lot.

Uno- I personally do not like the MLG playlist b/c of the lack of radar. Yes, i know how gay that sounds. I have become so use to using it, and I feel that it changes your type of play a TON. Also, invisibility is absurd in MLG. I have not played it in a while, but I might be willing to give it a try when I get my xbox setup again.
I am also very frustrated with TS, and have dropped to a 47...Because of this, I have been sticking to SWAT and DLC Objective lately. This is largely due to the fact that I actually ENJOY these two game types, where as with TS, I found myself playing it b/c I was a 49, and wanted that 50.

So...I just wrote a whole lot and didn't say very much, oh well.

Lastly, if you havent signed up at www.halo3.junk.ws, then you should. It takes all your stats from bungie's website, and breaks them down even further.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Yes, from reading your post, and understanding your position when it comes to kpdr(yours is 1.14), then I can clearly see how you "gave" high kpdr's negative "connotations."

That's fine. I also hate people who stay in one spot and get +30 kills. I may have a pretty good kpdr(2.23) but I'm more of a team player, than anything else. Leobenmc or Alt can vouch for that. I think I speak for just about EVERY Halo player when I say this, "****, if we could only get our assist count as well." Reason being is very simple; KPDR does not entirely serve justice to great players, unless we're talking about Rumble Pit here, and even that has its implications to consider.

And how did you get your average of kills per game? Unless you roughly estimated based on subjectivity. As for sniping, I guess I qualify in between mad-sniper-skills and your typical life savior, if not, then my friends wouldn't always go "guys let Zero Beat take the sniper, he knows what he's doing."

And I agree with you 100%. Positioning with the sniper is to be regarded with utmost importance.

Glad to see there's plenty of smart Halo players on these boards, because Bungie.net stinks..Badly.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
thats what its like for me. i could go to to lvl 40 in lone wolves and get rid of my noob bar at any time, the thing is, i don't enjoy lone wolves and so i play team games and social because i enjoy those.

zero have you dominated everyone yet in team sniper lol

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
it was fun man, i've got so much work to do >_< lol
'm picking up a new mic monday, the one that came with was defectiv so im going to pick up a replacement.
i'll be on when i get back from mother's day antics tonight.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Radar ruins Halo. It makes the game a huge campfest. All you have to do is grab one of the MANY power weapons on default maps and sit in a halfway decent setup and watch your radar. There's no way to sneak up on anyone in games w/ radar, so no way to break these setups.

I'll probably be on for a while today. Anyone in?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I haven't tried the Sniper playlist yet, I don't actually own a 360..lol. I play on my cousin's 360.

And Alt is right, that's what happened to us in double team lol.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Radar ruins Halo. It makes the game a huge campfest. All you have to do is grab one of the MANY power weapons on default maps and sit in a halfway decent setup and watch your radar. There's no way to sneak up on anyone in games w/ radar, so no way to break these setups.

I'll probably be on for a while today. Anyone in?
2 words, crouch and nades.
i won't be on late to night cause my sister is having friends over. but i'll try to play.
anyone like to listen to music when they play?

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
zerobeat- I wasn't trying to speak badly about high kpdr, I was just simply stating that IMO it doesn't mean a whole lot. i know mine is low, but whatever.

I have my stats on www.halo3.junk.ws and that is how i know my avg kills and deaths. YOu should all sign up on the website if you haven't already, its a great site.

I was only trying to give examples of how people could have high kpdr and not actually BE that good. Same thing can go for those people that are generals, and got 50s in doubles, and just rode the coat tails of their partner (so they are not really that good). So all in all, kpdr and your skill level are both good indicators of how good you are, but they certainly don't mean everything.

Alt4- I can see how you don't like radar, I like it b/c it is how I learned to play halo (crouching to sneak up on people and watching radar when sniping), but in no way do I camp. And I agree, I get so pissed when I run around a corner, and bam, someone is just sitting there with shotty. But....they might not actually be camping there, it could have just been bad timing on my part (they saw me come on radar, crouched, and I ran into them). So...I was not bashing MLG, I was simply saying why I don't like it. I do really enjoy SWAT though, and is there a new sniper play list? I don't have my xbox set up currently (until June) but I will definitely play some sniper when it comes up.

Im also going to get a new mic (#4), so we should try and team up in whatever play list.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow.... for some reason my sniper just was really on target today. I played 3 games of the sniper playlist and was taking faces left and right. I got like 9 headshots one game, 6 and 5 on the others. I've never been a good sniper so this is encouraging. I felt like I made a breakthrough in my sniping ability. I played differently, more finesse rather than speed.

BJ: I know what you mean. And I love the SWAT playlist too, but lag kills it. If there's even a little lag it ruins the game.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Wow.... for some reason my sniper just was really on target today. I played 3 games of the sniper playlist and was taking faces left and right. I got like 9 headshots one game, 6 and 5 on the others. I've never been a good sniper so this is encouraging. I felt like I made a breakthrough in my sniping ability. I played differently, more finesse rather than speed.

BJ: I know what you mean. And I love the SWAT playlist too, but lag kills it. If there's even a little lag it ruins the game.
AltF4: I think I know exactly what you mean . :D

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
2 words, crouch and nades.
i won't be on late to night cause my sister is having friends over. but i'll try to play.
anyone like to listen to music when they play?
i listen to music when im playing social slayer without friends.
and lag was nasty in our first game of snipers on standoff. i'd have a sick shot all lined up and they'd teleport like 10 steps left/right, my first halo lag experience.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, dont know if you have seen this halo 3 website or not, but here is a link to it (my stats). You can sign up, and it will download your bungie stats and it gives you more info on certain things. For some reason it does not have all of my information up (example im a 43 in lw, but only 39 there) and I think that they are trying to catch up with the new playlists and what not (not really sure though). Its a good site.

http://halo3.junk.ws/statistics/gamertag/bjdavis69

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
i found 3 wierd glitches on the storm yesterday while i was speed running it on heroic, the final run with two of the glitches in it is on my file share slot 19 and should be on HSH by the end of the week. the first glitch was in the second lake bed, after i cleared everyone out of it, the scarab wouldn't appear, so i had to stop that almost perfect run. on my second attempt, the AA wraith in the back just drove right of the edge, and lastly, once i used the grav lift to get on the scarab i riped off the turret, but even though i ripped it off, there was stil another one in its place. the final run had one death and had a final time of 10:35. if you guys could download it and give some constructive critisism, i'm always open to it.

Chomp The Fourth

Smash Rookie
Halo more like...GAYLO!!!

WTF IS UP WITH THIS **** SON?!

YOU CANT RUN FASTER WITH A KNIFE?

THIS ISNT A REAL FPS GAME!

LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!

(sponsored by Red Bull)

smashman90

Smash Lord
^ You're stupid and Halo isn't gay. If you don't have anything nice to say then get out of here.

Anywho, haven't been able to get a 3 month XBL card since I spent most of my money getting Mario Kart Wii. I am wanting to play some Halo 3 tonight and yet I can't, it makes me mad.:mad:

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
*pulls out sarcasm detector and waves at Chomp*
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

If "YOU CAN'T RUN FASTER WITH A KNIFE?" didn't tip you off "sponsored by Red Bull" might have >_>.

Also, perfection rampage on guardian slayer, w00t.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
This feature has been disabled during recovery efforts.

That Halojunk website always gives me the same **** when I try to register an account, why?!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Woohoo! Got a killtacular in griffball today! Oh and a 12 year old kid was singing so i told him to stfu.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
HA that reminds me, me and my friend started singing rockband songs during a game and our team mate said, "would my team please just shut up". i got 2 of kiltastaphes and a ton of killtaculars. i found my G-ball calling, SPAWNKILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
blazer, are you 12?

Yeah, getting killtrocitys is kinda standard in griffball.

WHich reminds me I got two triple kills, and one overkill, all with the bomb.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I love when some kid thinks he's gonna melee me with the bomb as I lung at him, so I hold back for a second longer than he'd think, he swings, he's dead, he's "wtf?".

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
some of mine were bull trues. It goes like this hammer>bomb>sword. I say bomb in the middle because a) bull trues) and b) even if the sword makes it if griff has full shields he doesn't die.

Top Bottom