• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be on this afternoon (monday) playing under Oatsboy. I'm finally getting some free time to get back out there, so I'll probably be playing TS.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, I feel like my BR is just off... I don't know how to explain it. It's like I'm either over or under compensating.

If I move the stick a little bit, the view hardly moves at all, and if I move it more than a little bit, it goes flying away toward the side. My control stick IS a little loose though. I think that might be it. Do you guys use the regular Microsoft controllers? Or are there and high quality 3rd party ones?

My control stick is getting to the point where I can move it quite a bit without it registering at all.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I use the official Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller. :D

I don't trust third party stuff. Well except the gameshark for my N64. :)

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
anyone ever gone into social with some friends getting into the led then hiding out the rest of the match, its great to hear the post game *****ing from the other team.

F8AL, it would depend on Zero's TS level because if we're mixed it might take alot longer to ran up, but if he is on then sure why not

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
me and my brother are going on for some social slayer. we're pretty big novices but if anyone wants to play add me at "WGWOLVERINE"

Uno

Smash Journeyman
i just friend requested a butt load of people:chuckle:

goofyWHITEboy88

thats me

its official, i like TS more than MLG...*cries*:urg::urg:
Really? I dont see how people can love AR camping + bubble shields + hammers.

What I love about MLG is that the better player wins 90% of the time. Versus slayer/doubleteam(ARs) seems incredibly reliant on luck.

Example: I HATE regular gaurdian for a couple reasons:

Spawns- The team that spawns on elbow (the little corner walk way between sniper and forest) immediatly gets bubble shield, sniper, camo, and hammer. All that blue room spawn gets is shotgun.

Most of these things arent problems in themselves, but when the team spawning at blue only has ARs they litterally have no chance to break sniper tower set up until the next camo spawns.

This entire problem might be specific to higher levels of play where two people with AR almost always go 1:1 and anyone with a BR can usually get a double kill no sweat.

This entire rant, I think, is fixed by MLG by having BR starts and higher speed ,giving each player a fighting chance as soon as he spawns.

here's my final thought:

Players level 1-48 like normal settings because anyone has a chance to win based on Luck
While players level 49-50 like MLG because it rewards you based on skill

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Any tips for a newcomer?
I'd like to someday play at a competitive level, and just need a point in the right direction.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
but seriously, ive watched competitive halo 2/3 longer than i've had a 360 and decided i wanted in, so if anyone would like to add me so i can get some experience playing with better players that would be the bees knees.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm just letting you guys know that I can't play on Thursday, Friday or Saturday because I have to go to a funeral and I won't be back till late Saturday but I'll definitely be online on sunday though.

Edit: I just viewed this weird halo 3 easter egg video on youtube, i was wondering if it's real?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F5QnDtMpoZY

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I've been bouncing in and out of game types and basically just trying to find the right sensitivity, i'm over compensating alot with my br so i'm thinking until i get used to the game im gonig to try something like 4, haven't clicked yet.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
5 here, worked for me in some customs and speed runs and just stuck. unless its swords, then i turn my sensitivity up. anyone else notice that default snowbound hasn't popped in in Match Making? its just hardCore one now.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
5 here, worked for me in some customs and speed runs and just stuck. unless its swords, then i turn my sensitivity up. anyone else notice that default snowbound hasn't popped in in Match Making? its just hardCore one now.
Yeah I've noticed that as well. I don't like team hardcore for snowbound...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Meh. I'm officially hooked.
Terrible week for it to.
Final exams plus AP testing.
Bleh.
I'll be on a lot this weekend though because my girlfriends out of town and with my two broken fingers I'm free from football practice ^_^

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
im bored

get angry

halo 3 smashboards pwr rankings

bjdavis
zerobeat (based on hype)
leo
Alt
cashed
jhass
goofy
blazer
odin

I FORGOT ALT4!!!

my bad

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
im bored

get angry

bjdavis
zerobeat (based on hype)
leo
cashed
jhass
goofy
blazer
odin
Huh? Based on hype? No need for hype, check the stats buddy!:)

And why isn't my super team mate Alt4 in the top three at least? Controversial list!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
how are broken fingers a good thing?
just bad enough to free up extra time to split between gaming and finals because of not being able to lift for football, but just nonserious enough that I can still play without much of a set back. Left pinky and ring finger.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
yay. top of page.

fixed

bjdavis
zerobeat
leo
Alt
cashed
goofy
jhass
blazer
odin

all that iv played w/ + zero just cuz

overall...we are good =)

Uno

Smash Journeyman
but seriously, ive watched competitive halo 2/3 longer than i've had a 360 and decided i wanted in, so if anyone would like to add me so i can get some experience playing with better players that would be the bees knees.
You can add me : v Juicebox v

I'll get you into some mlg customs, they are the best way to get better i think.

Edite: oh yeah, Zerobeat and bjdavis i'd love to run some games with you guys, I wanna see the best smashboards has.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If we were Pokémon, I'd totally be some sort of one time only Legendary. Seeing me online is a rarity but when you do, **** son watch out!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I were a Halo Pokemon, I would be a Ditto. I tend to conform to whoever I'm with.

Uno: I'll send you a request too. I'd love to play some MLG. Really I just want to get better.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
If I were a Halo Pokemon..Wait, I have no idea.

Hrm, I've yet to play with Goofy and Cashed.

Top Bottom