• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Yeah I sent you another firend request (I took you off my friend list previously because I didnt know who you were and I had a bunch of random people add me).

So yeah, hope to make a map with you sometime.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Man, halo 3 has some weird spawns. For example, on TS on the pit today, i spawned where an opponent was fighting one of my teammates and missed with a rocket and then i spawned infront of the rocket! I was like "wtf???" oh and on a side note, some 12 year old kid kept on screaming at me and my team after we owned them because he claimed that we were "camping" in the sword room on the pit, i told him "it's your own fault for running in there everytime" and then he proceeded to swear at me.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys! Just got the boards not too long ago and just found this halo thread. Seems there is a fair amount of halo players out there. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. In halo, I tend to play a lot of TS and 2v2. Due to high school demands, mainly TS these days since I'm not out of playing shape.

How is everyone liking the new maps? Avalanche is huge, and I found that Ghost Town seems to be a pretty different map from the rest with so many ins and outs. What's everyone else's opinions?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Love Ghost Town. Love Avalanche. Ghost Town, like you said, has so many ways to get around in a fairly small area. It reminds me in its play style of Turf, from Halo 2, and that's a very good thing. The map is very pretty to boot. Avalanche is huge and specializes in vehicular combat... that's an A+ formula in my eyes. Multi Flag on it is a blast, and I'm sure Big Team Slayer is as well.

Got a gamertag P-Wubbs? I'll send you a request from the Smashboards account.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Gamertag is Oatsboy

Personally, I am a huge fan of the bigger vehicular maps. I'm a gunner while a friend I usually play with specializes in driving. Just a lot more fun. CTF is great when you get people together who want to work together, but if you are teamed up with people who want to go off on their own, it defeats the purpose and the fun.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I have a feeling you and I would get along quite well. I've been the Warthog driver for my friends since Halo 1 LAN parties. The entire reason I came to love Halo was touch return CTF on Blood Gulch.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Halo 1 you could grab the flag and get in the banshee or ghost yourself.

I love ghost town. I haven't found a lot of interesting places to get to, or ways to move yet, though i did find some piping you can crouch jump to in order to crouch walk under a gap and get to the sniper rifle faster.

Question, do you guys prefer standard map layouts or MLG?

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Blood Gulch & More

I have a feeling you and I would get along quite well. I've been the Warthog driver for my friends since Halo 1 LAN parties. The entire reason I came to love Halo was touch return CTF on Blood Gulch.
Blood Gulch will probably always be my favorite map because of CTF. I got into watching Red vs Blue and it just made me miss it that much more. Anyone else watch this?

I could drive if someone wanted to gun, but I have always been a gunner when paired with my friend. As I am sure you do, he keeps the warthog moving at all times which most people constantly don't do when paired up randomly. You keep both people alive if you can keep the hog moving.

Question, do you guys prefer standard map layouts or MLG?
I have not given MLG too much go yet. I was looking to start getting into it soon to hone some of my skills that have been lacking. With school bearing down toward the end of the semester, it is just hard to find some quality time to play. I was a big SWAT player in halo 2 before it was removed from matchmaking for an extended period.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^ Funny, because I had a 14 spree yesterday on Ghost Town and got killed by a brute shot.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm so happy there's finally a map where one of my favorite weapons, the Brute Shot, is ruining people's sprees and they're noticing. I've always loved the Brute Shot... make it a popular weapon, Ghost Town! Make people hate you so you can be even more of a guilty pleasure to use.

Does anybody else wish you could add the Warthog onto Ghost Town in Forge? I was really surprised when I saw you couldn't. :(

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Me and my friend were hiding on the Pit on the second level, but eventually (3 minutes left) we had to come down, so the other team start camping in the sword room and we run around trying to get a few more kills before the end. We win, post game lobby and they start shouting and calling us camping noobs, even though 1. We were just hiding and 2. They were the ones camping.

Couple of hours later and one sends me a message swearing at me and telling me to get a life XD, the irony.

Anyways er... once live is up might be up for going on forge with you later.

Edit: A Warthog on Ghost town would be quite fun. But imagine what a sandtrap sized version of Ghost town would be like... on team snipers! (That reminds me of that WW2 film with the sniper in Stalinsomething).

O and I have also just found a lot of great hiding spots on ghost town. I will post pictures of the best 3 and give you a video of the game in which I found a lot more.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Avalanche is awesome, easily my favorite map now. I like Ghost town, buts its definitely different, and I still need to learn my way around. Only played Blackout once, and I never played Halo 2 (as a protest b/c I dominated the first one). We should get a group together and do some objective on Avalanche.

Brute shot is definitely a good weapon also.

Did anybody play the legendary Brawl over the weekend? I loved the laser tag on Standoff, not so much on Ghost Town. It was an interesting play list to say the least. Made it up to a 31 before I had to stop playing and do work all day Sunday.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
WOW! So funny you mentioned laser tag, I just went laser tagging and was going to post about it!

So... yea... I went laser tagging with some friends Saturday and noticed that we had 8 people and there were two colors for vests: red and blue. So things quickly deteriorated into a Halo inspired game of Red vs Blue.

My legs are still sore from all the tea-bagging I did.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Red Vs Blue, I love that show. If you haven't seen it, then you really don't know what you are missing. Great comedy.

Just recently had a 5v5 TS on Valhalla. My friend and I teamed up on the Warthog as we usually do. I ended up +17 with 22 kills, and he had 7 kills on top of his 15 wheelman assists. There is just no comparison to a good round with the Warthog. Unfortunately, a lot of people on TS veto Valhalla because all they want a shotty snipers on High Ground or Pit. I wish you could specify the type of game you were looking for instead of being subjected to the veto and automatic shotty snipers.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Spoiler: The best way to win a slayer match in avalanche is to control Spartan Laser spawn. There, you have a camo nearby, a ghost, your BR's(And after you've picked up snipers) and infinite amount of land mines spawning.

However, this would only succeed with an above average team. ******* are not applicable.

Opponents would just rush at you in a Warthog. What do you do? Hide as you charge up the laser, and burn them. Land mines should be kept with you if any warthog decides to come to you, retreat to Spartan laser spawn so they come to you, place mine on them= Profit.

Only real problem would be to use the laser on a Wraith twice and be successful about it. Hmm, gotta work on that. However, so far, 2-0 on Team Duals at avalanche with this strategy, and winning comfortably.

Try getting the snipers before you approach Spartan Lasr spawn, you WANT to keep the rocket guys under control.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Laser Tag is laser and sniper only, makes it interesting in which one you choose. Laser is primary, so I pretty much just spawned holding down the trigger, hoping to find someone in 3 seconds.

Personally I am not a fan of using any of the vehicles, but they are definitely very important, and having a good driver/gunner combo is integral for a good team. I like grabbing laser or sniper, and picking off stragglers/warthog gunners.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Team

Personally I am not a fan of using any of the vehicles, but they are definitely very important, and having a good driver/gunner combo is integral for a good team. I like grabbing laser or sniper, and picking off stragglers/warthog gunners.
You would be a perfect addition to a team with me & my driver. A good sniper is required to keep the lasers off the gunner and driver. I don't really have too much problem with snipers taking me out when I gun, but I do have problems escaping the lasers. If someone has skill with it, I am pretty toast unless I can get them first.

We just need 2 good BR's and we'd have a solid team up and down.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else not able to connect to matchmaking? I got an alert from xbox live that it is suppose to be down for 8 hours, but I thought that it was, by the times they announced, suppose to be over by now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Don't double post. Use the edit button. I'm having all sorts of problems with Live though since they finished the maintenance earlier today. Can't sign in on the dashboard, can only view my friends if I pop in Halo and press Y.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
My Creation: Dogfight CTF

Hey SWF!

I've just created this map "Dogfight Flag" and a corresponding gametype http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=31771431!

This map is on Valhalla.
At each base is a Hornet, 2 Banshees, and 2 Mongeese.
At the sides of each base are 2 Mongeese (one at each side) next to Spawn Points.
In the centre is a Warthog.
All vehicle respawn times are set to 10 seconds - making this fun and frantic.
Bubble Shields are placed at the Pelican, the Turret, and the Centre (next to the Warthog) - each with 45 second respawn time.

The gametype gives players Infinite Rockets Primary, and Infinite BR Secondary. No grenades. All weapons removed (though the mounted turret remains).
Flag carriers have 200% Damage Resistance, 75% Speed.
Players have 3 second respawn times (which means CHAOS).
Upon respawn, players have a 5-second-long Speed Boost (200%) - so that they can rush to vehicles!

Now this map needs testing. I'm in England, it's 2am here - and I'm off to bed. I'm hoping that those in America can try out this map once the Xbox Live problems are solved.
I'm praying that people try a wide range of options, as I am looking to change anything that needs fixing.

The main emphasis is on vehicles (spawn points are always close to them), and use of the Bubble Shields - though I'm thinking of adding some more equipment.
And now I'm thinking I should remove the Bubble Shield from the Centre and place 1 BS in each base's basement...
Well I'll let you guys be the judge...

Thanks in advance! Add me: Leobenmc!

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
yeah live is preety ****ty right now. hey smashman, even though the clan match was confusingly pushed back, the landfall CTF game we did was sweet, from my perspective, not so much from yours considering i killed you the most. i made a really wierd snipe that i put on my file share. your teammate enters the teleporter alive but leaves it dead.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Later on this week I'm going to have some spare time in the evenings. Who will want to play some serious MLG with me? Zero Beat? Goofy? When would be a good time, also?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Zero Beat = Pro

It was a pleasure to play with him. When he was in my team, I just needed to make sure he had a Sniper Rifle to know we had a guaranteed victory.

His Halo ability is scary. 0_o
And I will NEVER forget that Snipe he got on me in Blackout when I was on BR Tower - because I had just done some pro BRing and friends had come down to watch...only to see me get decapitated.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Every person with their Xbox Live gamertag listed has been sent a friend request from the account "Smashboards". This will serve a a dummy account you can use to have everybody's gamertag without actually being friends with them. Using the "Friends of Friends" feature added to Xbox Live in fall 2007, you have the option to look at your friend's friend list when viewing their gamercard.

If you don't understand, it'll work like this: instead of adding everybody's gamertag, you'll add Smashboards. On your friends list, scroll down to Smashboards (it'll always be offline, unless you catch me on it having some fun getting achievements or boosting in Halo), press A on Smashboards, this will open up the gamercard. One of the many options of the left will be "View Friends". You'll see everybody who's accepted the invitations I sent out listed.
This is from the "Smashboards Online" stickied topic.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
who is smashboard who ever that is sent me an invite
It has every gamertag in its friends list from the boards.

Think of it as a bridge connecting us all:).
---
Thanks for the props Leo, but man...Like I told you, my skills right now are that of a "has been." I used to be 3 times better than now. I don't deserve my current kpdr nor medals. Meh, kpdr used to be 2.19, now it's gone down to 2.17(And will probably keep descending) because I'm just not playing at the same level.

And ****, I'll pick you up for any Blackout match we play. I don't know how you can consistently get over 20 kills in Blackout like that. Except..the times where I was on the opposite teamlol. You were held back by your friends, although they're good team mates.

I think the only Blackout match you didn't get 20 kills was the shotty snipers onelol. Never give me a sniper with unlimited ammo, just doesn't end well for my opposition, Shifty played well too.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=459461144&player=xZero Beatx

Killing Frenzy, I choose you!

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
still better than me and most others, i'm down ALT just say when and i'll try to work my schedual (2 hours online a day) around it. is the rescheduled clan match this saturday, because if it is i won't be there because i'm going to a friends party then were jamming in rock band, but that will be at around midnight EST

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, Leo! What's up man, we haven't played in ages. I've improved quite a bit since the game first came out, lol! I'd love to be some BR support for you and Zero Beat or whoever.

I haven't played in a while and I'm really itching to. I wanna either try to rank up in Team Slayer or do the MLG playlist. So who's down... like Wed, Thu, or Fri night?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Woa, Alright. Friday night, I'm down fool! I'm bringing my cousin's 360 to my house, and we'll own then.

I wanna try the MLG playlist, I'm only a lvl 1 in it. Haven't played a single game. However, Legendary DLC Slayer would be a better option if you ask meh:).

Don't count on me tomorrow or thursday. I can't wait to play with you man. Long due:-p.

Top Bottom