• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
MAN, im NOT playing well the past couple days. My BR and SR have gone down the toilet...starting to get pissed. I think that part of the problem is that im use to MLG, where you run around a lot more b/c no radar. And now when I go back to having radar, I just run around and die alot (run into a lot of freakin nades when Im chasing someone). Just wanted to complain a little bit.

VTECHViper-
We should get together and play some more MLG (when I am playing better) and hopefully I will have a new mic sometime soon, b/c I know that not having a mic with mlg is a super disadvantage b/c cant call people out.

Broken mic count- 4
Broken Controllers- 1.5 (.5 b/c I broke the battery pack on one)

This game really makes me unhappy, I wish that the online for brawl wasnt such garbage so that I could just pick it up instead.

I think i need a new hobby

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Living Dead DXPWeekend. Except it's not double exp right now. It's kind of confusing as to how you score round points, but still pretty fun. Me and my friend saw it the second it updated, and were searching when there was a population of 13- it was sick as hell.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Isn't the scoring system "get kills on the infected or the uninfected, opposite of whatever you are"? Three rounds, too, right?

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
thanks BJ!

it was so weird just randomly partying up w/ you. you're good prob the best on smashboards...

yea MLG makes my cry i almost threw my controller out the window today and ended up just being angry.

i miss the days of ****** in slayer....=(

Sodapop

Smash Apprentice
Halo 3 eh? I dont mean to brag, but I am VERY good at that game. I can pwn all my friends who play Halo nonstop when I only play it once a week for about an hour. lol And Im not talking the guy who lives down the street, Im talking Brigadiers who you put to shame when you try.....Okay, now Im tooting my own horn. If anyone wants to check me out:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=GD+05

Oh, and my stats DO deceive. I truely am very good.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey everyone, I'll be on Halo 3 after school today around 4 PM (EST) if you guys wanna party up and play.

If I haven't add anyone here my gt is: II F8AL II

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Going home for the weekend, so AGAIN i will miss most of the double xp weekend...

Hopefully my BR and SR will return while watching the masters.. Have a good one guys

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Halo 3 eh? I dont mean to brag, but I am VERY good at that game. I can pwn all my friends who play Halo nonstop when I only play it once a week for about an hour. lol And Im not talking the guy who lives down the street, Im talking Brigadiers who you put to shame when you try.....Okay, now Im tooting my own horn. If anyone wants to check me out:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=GD+05

Oh, and my stats DO deceive. I truely am very good.
Um, go easy on yourself, Raskolnikov..

Stats are what you have done, and that is not enough to even fit above average.(Based on your self proclaimed standards)
--------------------------------------
Anyway, I'll make sure I add you all when I get my xbox back:).

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Hey everyone, I'll be on Halo 3 after school today around 4 PM (EST) if you guys wanna party up and play.

If I haven't add anyone here my gt is: II F8AL II
I'ma get on my Xbox as well. Don't know if I'll be on though, but just expect the unexpected.

Anyone add me my gamertag is Siegfried999

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
What video? It's definitely fake. I say definitely unless you link to some video released by Bungie.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
So MLG Meadowlands is going on right now. I'm gonna watch some of the video and see if there are any amazing things the guys there are doing. Like cool strats and stuff.

I do have to say though, that it's nice watching videos of pros (FB, etc...) and seeing that even they rarely get a clean 4 shot in Halo 3. It almost always takes 5 or 6 shots (or more at range). Makes me feel much better about my BR.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Try not to get so swayed by the way they play, Alt, otherwise your playing style will only be hindered. Take tips but never change your overall style.

Cool F8AL, we'll play some.

And Cashed, check on Bungie.net.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i wish i was better...

i was training with 4 generals last night and i still cant outsmart or out BR them.

my grenade game always gets better though...im very good at bouncing. i gotta work on my stick game.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh man. After like 15 minutes of the MLG, this is what I've seen that I want to improve / do:

Better callouts.
- Oh man, they've got good names for everything.
- Construct has open and closed side (as opposed to left and right, respectively). It makes sense when you look at the map. It's an easier way to call stuff out. That way you don't get confused if you're looking toward gold. Everyone was calling it "open" and "closed".

-Construct has Glass, Open ramp, Gold hall (the bridge thing on the bottom of gold).
-Pit has BR (where the BR spawns between flag and shotgun), Green Wall (the green wall by rockets), "Pit" (the lower area between flag and rockets)

Other than that, general map control seemed to be the name of the game. We need to time the power weapons and make sure to get on them. Guardian was a very campy map, but sniper tower seems to be the dominant position.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Awww man I miss you guys - I'll be playing Halo 3 again when the new maps come out!
Can't resist Lockout remake, despite exams!
Mad Nades from Masahiro to be expected...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Hey guys just finished a really good infection map in foundry. My friends said it reminded them of some place called Ravenhome from halflife, download it off my fileshare (As well as the associated gametype) and tell me what you think.

Well I am going on live now, if anyone is online I will see you there... maybe.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's crazy, Blazer. What did you do? Or not do?

Let's see: More stuff we gotta practice after watching more of the MLG:

-Ridiculous grenade bounces. On the Pit you can bounce a grenade from platform to platform off of sniper spawn. It's brilliant, can't believe I didn't think about it.

-Pit spawn trap. If you get into your opponents base and cover Shotgun, flag, and Rockets, your opponents will all spawn to the side of sniper tower. From there you just chuck grenades and kill en-masse. Works really well on KotH.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Haha. He means we played Cops and Robbers. He brought in four people (including himself) into my custom game I was having with my friend and we eventually ended up playing Cops and Robbers. Two of the guys he brought in were hilarious, the other was a kid who I immediately muted, but holy god those two guys made being the Cops so much fun. Whenever you'd get in proximity range of them you'd hear "oh no it's the po-leece, we gotta get outta here! we gotta save momma!"

Definitely want to play more Cops and Robbers.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I am a member of a certain Bungie.net clan *cough*MBT*cough* and I think we're looking for a clan match on this Saturday. I was thinking about selecting Team Smashboards to be their opponents(don't worry I'll be on your guys team). Would any of you guys be interested about getting together and fight MBT(Mjolnir Battle Tactics) on Saturday?

smashman90

Smash Lord
Well, the match settings are kinda random(like team slayer, assault, grifball, etc.) and we sometimes use customized levels. But I guess we can probably do MLG rules for a match. We will need 8 people on our team for this clan match as we usually do 8-on-8.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Hey cashed I guess your g-tag is cashed. So add me mine is Legolastom, I made a good cops and robbers map, and I love playing cops and robbers.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey! Did anyone else know that you can throw grenades from Green to Platform on the Pit?

On Green Wall (The wall that keeps you from looking down the center hallway from your base), there's a small slit along the top of it. You can totally throw grenades both ways. It works wonders!

If you're playing KotH and the hill is on the platform, you can sit back behind green Wall and have grenades land perfectly down on the platform, it's sweet.

I totally want to play some Halo this week. I feel like my BR is getting steadier. I think I've been trying to aim with the control stick too much, I'm doing more with just strafing and very minor right-stick adjustments now and it feels great right off the bat.

Top Bottom