• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
The only thing I really like about Rat's Nest is grabbing the Sniper, Camo, Grav Lift, and possibly rocks, than going on the pipes for around 8 kills before people realize I'm up there. It's really too easy to get boarded/naded in the vehicles. It's not a bad map if you know how to play it- there's just not a lot of strategy.

Standoff has definetly grown on me, and I honestly don't like Foundry at all except for custom games.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
And I have a question, inside Rat's nest, can you go outside to that pelican?
Nope. It's there as a call sign. "They're by the Pelican!"

F8AL said:
And finally, for Foundry, I just don't like it....oh and I thought that these new maps would only appear in the DLC playlist, not team slayer, i was surprised to see it in TS.
Team Slayer, BTB Ranked, BTB Social and Rocket Race will all require the new maps (or already do? I'm not sure). When Bungie makes new maps, they integrate them into the game. You've actually been able to play all of the DLC maps in all the playlists since the Heroic Map Pack was originally released, just everybody had to have them, which means you had to have enough people in the match that didn't think 800 points was too much, so it was a rarity. Happened a couple times for me, though. I'd never actually pay for the maps if they weren't integrated into matchmaking though. Sure, custom games on them would be fun, but really, none of my friends like playing custom games. For some reason they always want to play matchmaking, which can get so boring.

And GAW - You don't need the grav lift to get up there. ;)

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
if its the one you sent me then its funny, you risk yourself several times to save the flag and he safly walks in cloaked grabs it and gets out of the hog right before you get splazered.

quick slightly off topic question, if i'm playing halo 2 and it says i have message, how do i view it without leaving halo 2?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omg, MLG playlist tomorrow. Freakin' epic. I gotta download the maps and walk around to find the differences. They increased the movespeed, too. That's going to take some getting-used to.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Omg, MLG playlist tomorrow. Freakin' epic. I gotta download the maps and walk around to find the differences. They increased the movespeed, too. That's going to take some getting-used to.
That will separate the men from the boys:-p.

What's that quote?

"Never send boys to do a man's job."

The real Metal Man

Smash Cadet
MLG or not never judge a person on what they're name or rank is.

its how they play the game is what you should worry about.

as also said its not the gun being used. its who is using it lol.

I look forward to blackout. Lockout was my favorite map in halo 2.

that's why I like Guardian alot

Velox

Smash Ace
I wish they catered to the Halo 1 players and not the Halo 2 players.

I really really want Danger Canyon/Frozen Plains. Everyone would enjoy the competitive CTF nature of these maps if they played seriously back online in Halo: Custom Edition. The other CE maps weren't as good, but hell, I'd still take Timberland/Gephyrophobia these days.

And the new MLG playlist for Halo: Custom Edition players would be like 5v5 CTF on all maps with the old rules on time, etc. That would be a dream. I'm not sure I'd do anything else in life if that were to happen.

Also I have more fun on Halo 3 when it is 8v8 CTF on Valhalla. Most fun thing on Halo to me. Course all I do is camp the center hill and slay..., which is undeniably the best strategy on that map.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I was watching some match footage on the MLG website and I totally saw a team do the Guardian setup I talked about! I know it's probably not all that unique, but it went down exactly like I said.

It was a bit more fluid than I made it sound, I think though. The guy at elbow moved around a lot, going all the way from bottom mid to snipe 3 sometimes. But it totally worked. It's kind of campy though, something you should only do if you're in the lead. But I think that's just how Guardian plays at a high level.

Anyways, the MLG playlist should be out today! Who from the boards would want to play MLG gametypes on a semi-to-moderately competitive level?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
*Glares at them all in disdain...*

I want my xbox back. Hurry Microsoft..>_<
<insert waaaa>

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha! Yea! I saw that! But the shape is really hard to make out on my SDTV. I saw the funny lines through africa and stuff and I was like "wtf? There's actually people in Africa playing? And in a rather linear fashion, too."

That's good.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I believe they were switching servers or something, not sure, you should probably ask a staff member.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I can't believe some guys(They're a team though, seem to play good together) have already made it to lvl 50 in the new MLG Playlist.

It's been two days.....Two days!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
deeeeeeaaaammm check out the pro "strongside"

his stats on bungie.net are ridiculous.

O.o
My social kpdr is better than his;). And we're tied for total Sharpshooters. I think I could get more if I played 2998 games like him:-p. I'm at 635.

Mad props for his ranked kpdr. However, I'm more laid back in Halo 3 and in Halo 1/2, play more for fun now.:)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's what happens when you're amazing and at skill 1, lol! You destroy everyone.

Half of me wants to get a new account just so I can plow through the lower ranks and pick up ridiculous stats.

I never played Halo 1 or 2, so my account I have now is the only one I've ever had. I don't think it's too bad considering I was a complete noob for, like, my first 200 games. I feel like I'm only just getting out of complete noob'dom into a competent player, lol!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I never played Halo 1 or 2, so my account I have now is the only one I've ever had. I don't think it's too bad considering I was a complete noob for, like, my first 200 games. I feel like I'm only just getting out of complete noob'dom into a competent player, lol!
Buy Halo 1, it's worth it. It's the best game you'll ever play, ever;).

Just make sure you go through campaign co op style, and when you get to a level that goes "I would have been your daddy," get ready for the greatest FPS experience:-p.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
me and alt have grown a lot since our noob days.

i'd say we are on the same level now and compliment each other well

i <3 my noob account though.

i cant wait to play w/ you zero! when is that box gonna be fixed!? and what's yr gamertag again?

me/alt/zero + ONE MORE and we have ourselves a mlg online team

*Im very proud of my grenade game* =D

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
me and alt have grown a lot since our noob days.

i'd say we are on the same level now and compliment each other well

i <3 my noob account though.

i cant wait to play w/ you zero! when is that box gonna be fixed!? and what's yr gamertag again?

me/alt/zero + ONE MORE and we have ourselves a mlg online team

*Im very proud of my grenade game* =D
And Cashed.:)

I don't know dude, sent it last week. My gamertag? That's funny:-p.

xZero Beatx. lol

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have discovered that I am far better at objective games than Team Slayer.

I really like Onslaught CTF and Guardian Ball.

EDIT: Yea, Cashed would be awesome, but I don't know if he'd want to do it. He said before that he wouldn't want to play the MLG playlist. I don't wanna speak for him, though.

EDIT2: I should make an FFA variant for Stockpile. That's the pseudo-Midship remake. Was there any power weapons on Midship FFA in the MLG settings in Halo 2?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I have discovered that I am far better at objective games than Team Slayer.

I really like Onslaught CTF and Guardian Ball.

EDIT: Yea, Cashed would be awesome, but I don't know if he'd want to do it. He said before that he wouldn't want to play the MLG playlist. I don't wanna speak for him, though.

EDIT2: I should make an FFA variant for Stockpile. That's the pseudo-Midship remake. Was there any power weapons on Midship FFA in the MLG settings in Halo 2?
Hrm, we could always rack up our kpdr in BTB social;).

No, no power weapons. BR start.

Top Bottom