• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about this setup in Guardian:

Preferably Team BR's, but maybe normal TS too:

Snipe Tower Setup:

- One person takes Snipe 3. (Very top of sniper spawn... where the stickies spawn)
- One person takes Snipe 1 and 2 (Where the sniper spawns and the OS spawns respectively)
- One person takes elbow
- One person takes jungle.

This is how it works, this is a defensive position. We can cover each other no matter where them come from.

1) If someone comes into the jungle, guy at elbow moves in and helps. The guy at jungle needs only get 2 shots and back away and wait for elbow to finish.

2) They can come bottom middle. The guy at jungle can come round to bottom middle to shoot as well, and cut off any escape route.

3) They come top middle. Everyone can shoot to top middle.

4) They jump to Snipe 3 from under blue room. Both snipe tower guys can come, as well as elbow guy.

The thing about this is to not get too aggressive and give up the spots. We each cover our own backs like this, so don't go too far out and it will work.

Every time they try to come in, they'll get double or triple teamed. We get a lead and hold on to it the whole match.

-Little things-
Make sure to grab OS, Sniper, and Carbine right away so that they respawn asap.

smashman90

Smash Lord
This is the first time I've ever heard of "Team Smashboards" for Halo 3, I want in!
Yeah, me, goofy, alt, and BJ I think were playing some team slayer I think and I shouted "Go Team Smashboards!" and that's how all of this got started. I have even contemplated into making this an actual clan on Bungie.net.

Edit: I have been also been working on a new map. It's mainly for Infection, but I suppose it could work on CTF, Assault, and team slayer. Although you need alot of people to play to make this map fun. I still need to work on the spawning systems, so if any of you guys are good at forge then feel free to help me out on that if I am online.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
The thing about this is to not get too aggressive and give up the spots. We each cover our own backs like this, so don't go too far out and it will work.
If you understand and have played Lockout a lot, you'd know that unless you're playing *******; shifts in team positions will always occur. I think the best strategy for any map, aside from these premises, is knowing your team and communicating. :)

Every time they try to come in, they'll get double or triple teamed. We get a lead and hold on to it the whole match.
Nades and an opposition's bait/rusher will always disrupt this unless you've played and mastered this strategy for QUITE a while. You know that ******* that always comes in, lowers your shields and causes chaos within your team, always has his magical team mates coming with nades and in groups.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ehh, that's valid, ZeroBeat. It's not like I have tested that or anything. :)

I just want to try to come up with strategies or setups that are more involved than "run around until you find people"

What do you think about the going out in pairs idea? Might that be reasonable?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
The best thing is what I stated above. Know your team, and communicate.

Then, have your assigned sniper, Br's, and weapon ***** guy. Stick together but a bit separated, if you know your team, you can trust according to situations, which gives you plenty of advantages against obtuse teams. Sniper should never be alone.

Knowing your role always does the job.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Operation: Get rid of Alt's Noob Bar

Okay, so Team Smashboards has had some good success lately on Live, but we need to step up our game. The problem is not our individual skill at this point, but our team strategy... or frankly our lack-thereof.

We pretty much just run around trying to get kills, and only teamshoot if some coincidentally is in vision of more than one of us. But this will change! Yes!

I've given some thought to some real team strategies that we can use, and I think with some input we can make them real effective.

1) Initially I'd like to start a kind of pairing. We'll fight as two groups of two, each group will stick close to each other, but more than one grenade's blast radius away if you know what I mean.

This will increase the amount of team shooting we will do, each group should concentrate on two main things:
---- i) Shooting one opponent and finishing him off before moving to the next one.
---- ii) Preventing your teammate from dieing by stepping in front of them or otherwise creating a distraction when they are at low shields.

2) Weapon timing!

Omg, that one game on foundry we won 50-25. It was amazing. We won that game because we timed the spawn of the Rockets and controlled the map. We really need to do a better job of timing power weapon spawns so we can get map control.

3) Callouts

I think we've been doing pretty well with this, but we could still improve. You should be able to have a mental image of where the enemy is by the callouts. Remember to ask for help well before you die! If you die and then call out the position, it will be too late by the time someone gets near.

(I'm guilty of this, so I assume others are too)

4) Individual Game Strats:

-To come?
i have many stras i thought of instead of listening in math.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, my friend Kinn1son's XBox was not permanently damaged, and he wants to play more. He's a total beast and a great sniper. Team Smashboards could use a really good sniper so he's in. (He's D4rk_Sh3ik on the boards, so he counts)

In lieu of proper setups or strategies (because apparently I haven't played Halo long enough to know what makes for a good and a bad one) I'm going to assign myself a role as a support player. I tend to play rather defensively and feel like I have a very strong BR. So I can play a great support role.

Once we've accomplished "Operation: Get rid of Alt's Noob Bar" we should play some Team Hardcore. I'm getting really sick of the AR.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Okay, my friend Kinn1son's XBox was not permanently damaged, and he wants to play more. He's a total beast and a great sniper. Team Smashboards could use a really good sniper so he's in. (He's D4rk_Sh3ik on the boards, so he counts)

In lieu of proper setups or strategies (because apparently I haven't played Halo long enough to know what makes for a good and a bad one) I'm going to assign myself a role as a support player. I tend to play rather defensively and feel like I have a very strong BR. So I can play a great support role.

Once we've accomplished "Operation: Get rid of Alt's Noob Bar" we should play some Team Hardcore. I'm getting really sick of the AR.
I don't know how good this fellow may be, but if you need a good sniper.....I'll definitely join this 'Team Smashboards.' I believe my 8 or 9 Sharpshooters do me justice;).

Besides, with my Rec0n H3lm3t, 1 can h4s a 720 view of the entire terrain. My Rec0n has a higher magnetism than a Magnetar(Newly discovered type of Neutron star).

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
on high ground
if our team starts at froman, then 1 person slows them down with the sniper, 2 people take the grav lift and flank them by the beach walkway then grab warthog, then the last person takes the wind mill up to the splazer then goes back down, grabs shotty and camps in the building.

how does that sound?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Absolutely, Zero Beat. Team Smashboards needs all the talent we can get. We haven't played yet, either. I added you to my FL. Hopefully we'll both be on at some point.

Tonight I'm going to play with Alicia (gf, for those of you who don't know) online. We're going to do a bunch of social, so anyone's welcome to come. Probably big team, good crazy times.

How about we go for some ranked matches this weekend?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
on high ground
if our team starts at froman, then 1 person slows them down with the sniper, 2 people take the grav lift and flank them by the beach walkway then grab warthog, then the last person takes the wind mill up to the splazer then goes back down, grabs shotty and camps in the building.

how does that sound?
That would be Zanzibar(Last Resort), not High Ground. That sounds good against an obtuse team. Average players would walk all over that strat.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most good strats in default map settings involve getting the power weapons as fast as possible and whoring them. There are entirely too many power weapons on the maps by default.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Oh hey ALT, I didn't see your post. I'm in then, just gotta wait till the 360 gets back from Microsoft. -_- Still waiting for the freaking box to send it, actually lol.

Yes, I accepted your friend request through xbox.com.

-------
That's one of the big overall, yet underrated problems with Halo 3; too many power weapons. I miss the Rockets' commanding power as well:(, stupid lack of lock on. Why take the lock on away when you can SNIPE VEHICLES AND SNIPERS with a Spartan Laser? When the lock on for the **** missile pod is farther than Halo 2's rocket lawn chair?

They could have easily variated the freaking-anti vehicle weapons, but no...they have to CHANGE IT completely instead of finding a way around the new additions.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
GAH. I really REALLY want SWAT and Grifball back for Spring Break. I just wish bungie would announce SOMETHING.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about this setup:

Name: Lift Lockdown
Map: Construct
Settings: Default TS or BR's
Description: This setup involves taking control of the upper portion of the map and forcing the other team to spawn in the basement.

Off the beginning, rush to the upper area and grab the sword and sniper. Keep the sword by one of the purple lifts and use the sniper to force the other team away, probably to top gold.

The setup will really take form once the second sword spawns and you can more easily hold the lifts.

From there the idea is to take the territory away from them so that the other team will spawn in the basement. They'll have no choice but to try to walk up a ramp (dangerous proposition) or to shoot from below (just as dangerous).

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I agree with your strat, although eventually the Sword guy would get punished by a drainer and a jumping AR guy.

Best strat in Construct is the following.

-Control main lift
-everyone equip BR's and make sure a competent soul grabs the sniper.
- Have sniper/BR guard one side, and Br/BR the other side
-Check radar, if it goes crazy, they're going main lift, switch to Ar's, one or two stay back on the skirts of that main left towards the walkways with a br, lob nades.
-Communicate
- Profit.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, that's what we usually try to do.

The problem that we eventually have is this: Top gold gets no power weapons and only one BR spawn. If you play against a competent team, they'll play back and take the power weapons from you.

Purple side gets the sniper, sword, plasma nades, lots of frag nades, drainer, an endless supply of BR ammo and the splaser if you want to go down below a bit.

It seems like it's a trade-off of weapons versus position.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Not really, it's worked for me all the time with my friends.

Engagement occurs, you win. Then when the hectic scene ceases, you approach their corpses for ammo, go back to your alert-state back to the main lift's right and left corner, check your radars. Hrm, it's very very hard to uphold against really good teams though, but what isn't lol?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suppose so.

I also remember watching an early video of Carbon I think it was doing a setup in the basement. They all hung around the edges and waited for people to drop in.

When is your Box coming back from repairs, Zero Beat?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Oh dude, I haven't even been able to send it. Since it broke recently, box takes time to get home so I can mail the xbox in it.

However, I do plan to get back into Halo, since I also haven't been active in it to begin with, idk if you've checked my stats but at the moment, I am merely a shadow of thatlol. Need to get my groove back.

Edit: add me to your msn messenger or Aim.

msn: ruenes40@hotmail.com
aim: MLS Zero

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
had no idea there was a halo 3 smashboards group.

xbl gtag: hAmBuRgLaR278

my 360 should be back in the coming weeks

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
I agree with your strat, although eventually the Sword guy would get punished by a drainer and a jumping AR guy.

Best strat in Construct is the following.

-Control main lift
-everyone equip BR's and make sure a competent soul grabs the sniper.
- Have sniper/BR guard one side, and Br/BR the other side
-Check radar, if it goes crazy, they're going main lift, switch to Ar's, one or two stay back on the skirts of that main left towards the walkways with a br, lob nades.
-Communicate
- Profit.
that is pretty much exactly what i do in lone wolves. eventually you'll end up with the sword that they were so nice to bring you. on the topic of ammo, if a BR gets down to less than 1 spare clip, then the person can either run across to get more or go stealthy nd routch. when the snipes gets ow , or we know it respawned and feel safe, the n he and his br guy canrush snipes while another br guy takes plce then the jump from snipes to lift. while at snipes, br can grab buvle shield

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Team smashboards? : o

Where do I sign up? I am currently a major with a highest skill of 30 (Been playing to many team games with idiots).

Also my (Smashbros) clan has a Halo section which isn't very active (Not enough people there play Halo) and you could always use that site, its pretty active.

Anyways I should be in in at most an hour. And I am a forger... just finished making a fortress map if anyone wants to check it out on my file share.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Bah, FFA's usually depend on chances and sheer improvision, coupled with a decent overall gameplay and skill, if you want to win at high levels. But mainly chance.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well I just tried out all the maps in the Heroic map pack and I'm going to say that the only decent one there is Stand off, the other two maps aren't very good in my opinion, I'm glad I didn't buy the map pack when it cost money.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Foundry's default layout is alright, makes for fun Slayer matches. Oddball and King of the Hill would probably be fun, too, but I've yet to try those gametypes out on it. Forge on Foundry is incredible too, it's the entire reason they made the map. They almost didn't make a default layout for the map before release, it was going to be just a big box for you to do whatever in.

Rat's Nest I have mixed feelings on. I like the idea that it's an indoor vehicle map, but it's called that when there is way too much space in the middle, where a vehicle would have to be stupid to go, for it to be called a vehicle map. It plays really well for Multi Flag and Slayer though. Even territories is alright on it.

Standoff is great, and even though I hate being sniped constantly, I think each base should get a sniper. The Splaser can act as a sniper, and usually the team that constantly grabs the splaser when it spawns, wins, as they can take out the enemy Warthog and then snipe a couple people before running out of ammo.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Standoff is great, and even though I hate being sniped constantly, I think each base should get a sniper. The Splaser can act as a sniper, and usually the team that constantly grabs the splaser when it spawns, wins, as they can take out the enemy Warthog and then snipe a couple people before running out of ammo.
Reminds me of Colossus' race for the sniper.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Oh I thought that both bases had snipers to even things out. I've only played on Standoff once, and I've taken mental notes like the spartan laser is in the middler and the rockets is somewhere. The laser really owns at that level in my opinion and so does the BR and needler.
When I was playing TS on Standoff today, my team was losing at the beginning by like 15 kills, but then.. the impossible happened! Our team won like 49-40, and I even lost hope at the beginning! Can someone list all the locations of the power weapons in this map? Cause I also noticed that the rockets only had 2 shots instead of 4 (2 already loaded, with 2 for reloading).

And I have a question, inside Rat's nest, can you go outside to that pelican? I drove around inside the base in circles in a warthog trying to find a way to get there but with no result! Kind of a boring map IMO.

And finally, for Foundry, I just don't like it....oh and I thought that these new maps would only appear in the DLC playlist, not team slayer, i was surprised to see it in TS.

Top Bottom