• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo Game - Ovah

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Oh come on seriously? If I wanted to be on the easiest bandwagon, I'd be voting you right now. You practically said it yourself even. Why wouldn't I pick a bandwagon where I can sit on the past 3 days of arguments and votes?

I take this to mean you think that Zen is the easiest bandwagon? Why so?
Well ever since we pointed it out early toDay you've stopped doing it. We agree that we were the easiest bandwagon at the point in which we said that and you weren't on it, but we said that you were doing this for the most part for the majority of your play. If you continue to stop doing it as you are now, yeah we'll slowly start feeling better about you, but you only just started to play this way, forgive us if we can't suddenly change our stance on you instantly based on your changing behavior now.

Also Sold2 you just stated you'd only lynch us to prevent no lynch. Why shouldn't we be lynched? (ie, what reasons do you have to consider us town?)

Also re smarboy's request of who'd Zen lynch if he couldn't lynch us: i'd like to take it a step further. Zen can you list your top 2 lynch candidates after us? Would like this information as recent as possible in the event you are hammered.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice

swiss: Peach Monster (1)
Peach Monster: Xsword (1)
Zen: Mentos, Smarboy69, Sold2/summonerAU hydra (3)
Not voting: Zen, Swiss

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Mentosman8 replaces Gotenks.
Deadline is November 18 at 12:00 PM EST Note that this is lunch time, not midnight.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ mod Mentos' only post since the last votecount was

Yeah, it was the end of my stated V/LA today if you were mentioning it cuz I was in range for a prod XD

Anyway, I thought I had voted Zen, he's my most comfortable play for the day as of right now, which should answer your question at the top of the page.

Also lol @ regal being replaced by Swiss/Cotton by Zen, but I'm still listed as GotenksXD

Previous votecount

swiss: Smarboy69 (1)
Not voting: Peach monster, Sold2/SummonerAU hydra, Gotenks, Zen, Swiss

A note to sold 2/summonerAU, i accidentally prodded them when i was skimming through the thread this morning, i didn't notice your most recent post.
Deadline is November 18 at 12:00 PM EST Note that this is lunch time, not midnight.

Is Zen at L-1, officially?

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
I just double checked Mentos's posts for today, and I didn't see any votes. I saw one place where he commented that he thought he was voting Zen, but nowhere that he actually voted.

Swiss

Smash Lord
^ K.

Mod can you verify the votecount in your #1242 is correct

If he does verify it's correct. That means Mentos' vote has been manipulated. Question would be - why now? Zen is almost certainly the play - no need to push a quicklynch. Plus it woule be better to keep such a power unknown until LyLo.

I don't want to get sidetracked, but if Mentos is voting Zen when he hasn't voted him...someone wants Zen dead too much, surely?

tl;dr - It's probably a mod error. If it isn't, don't lynch Zen - let him get vigged toNight.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Mm.

The point was more about scum being able to manipulate, as opposed to saying they had a particular manipulation role. Roleblock just was the first that came to mind - as I said.
k well we'll see.
Did a small read on Zen... not CottonLicky because I don't want to go through 180 posts total :|. It was kind of interesting. First since I think it's within all our interests, would Zen mind giving a history of the PM wagon?

As in, why were you for PM's wagon at the start, when/how did the reason change if at all, and why are you still for it. Sorry if this is asking a lot but I really think it'll help everyone. It doesn't have to be that detailed I just want a summary from your point of view, mainly.
Let's see:

D1 I didn't like how he answered to the policy lynch question. It was an over reactive disagreement. Yet he ended up joining in the policy wagon on Mori.

Didn't like his case on me and his constant attention on me solely, despite thinking me town and voted Mori. He also kept trying to push his case on stuff I never said.

My original case on PM

D2 I still felt he was scum. I went back and forth between him and the-man and when DH replaced in I stuck with DH.

D3 I felt he could be put aside for toDay basically for the same reasons as Gordito has. But after actually looking at the reasoning he's not as clear as it would seem. My suspicion was brought back when he became so willing to put aside Mentos simply because he bread crumbed who he would recruit. Yet yesterday he felt pretty strong that Mentos should be the play if he failed to recruit. I guess because he felt that Mentos was just making up who he was going to recruit after seeing the flips? But if he were scum he simply could have killed the person he bread crumbed. That a long with what X1 pointed out is why I still find PM scummy.
Do you agree/disagree that you can nail scum on one post? => do you think normally town players can be excused for one post of scumminess?
1. Only if the tell is strong enough. Which isn't usually the case.

2. I don't know what you mean by the second question. From what perspective?

Smar:

Zen has been lying and twisting his own words around all day to try and make it look like he wasn't clearing his scumbuddy. See the recent posts on how he totally intended to change to DH and how he didn't really believe DH was town, and then take a look at his 967/968. There's a teensy little contradiction there.
967/8 was an obvious joke. In my recent post I said it was a possibility that I could have switched to DH, not that it was my intention all along or had been.
1135 is a an overreaction to the pressure he's coming under. It's curious to compare this to his play the last two days when he wasn't under pressure. +scum points.
How's it overreaction?? Swiss kept saying the same things over and I kept defending myself and it was getting stupid frustrating.
1174 basically says DH has more experience than I knew about. However, the reason the qt thing supposedly cleared DH yesterday was because he's a new player - in fact, I believe Zen says something to the effect of loving new players because they're so easy to clear. But Zen knew DH had all this offsite experience. Which was it?
Pay attention chick. I asked him about it at the end of the day. The day ended before I could even go further into it:
-DH: I see you have been playing epic mafia hm. About how many times have you been scum? Don't lie, I can check.
I'm addicted to it x_x. 7 times, though epic mafia & forum mafia are pretty different when it comes to finding out scum (ex: in epicmfia, people will claim their powers roles and what they got, even with the chance that the maf might kill them. )

Also, my statistics are hardly accurate, as I've played more roles than that (ex: i've been oracle like 4 times, and lightkeeper 3, and a vig once. I'm pretty sure there's more, I just forgot it.)

I just went back, read again, and changed my mind, as there isn't as much evidence as I thought there was.
In post 1154, Zen goes after X1 for not being able to read Swiss despite the fact that they can always read each other. This gets a half-hearted answer, which X1 then never pursues. Also in this post, Zen is convinced X1 is scum - but his vote doesn't follow. Why not?
Are you saying this is scummy of X1 or me? I never said I was convinced X1 was scum. Also wasn't my vote on him at this time anyways?

Zen is hardcore tunneling on PM, despite an improvement in play and adequate responses to previous arguments/pressure. Furthermore, Zen hasn't introduced new evidence against PM - he's relying on the same arguments from Day 1. That just doesn't cut it and it feels like scum trying to push a mislynch.
Nah. I was Swiss or Swiss earlier, X1 or X1 about mid day, and now I'm PM or PM. That's not tunneling and I have new reasons. I said my next vote would be my final choice for I think should be play. I wanted to do some review of D2 and over PM , X1, and yourself. But me having to defend myself is just wasting my time.

Also, I personally feel like he's trying to buddy us. No post to go here, but a gut feeling that makes me very uncomfortable.
lol duh. You've been buddying me hardcore from D1. We've been holding hands and have thought you were town most of the game.
Finally, we don't buy the rolefishing excuse. Town does have roleblockers, and sometimes town and scum will both have versions of the same power role. Also, I don't buy that Swiss of all people would crumb "scum roleblocker" the way Zen seems to think he has. Rolefishing stands.
I don't expect you to understand this, but I'm gonna lol if Swiss flips scum blocker. I won't argue with this because I think we just see it differently and I don't know what else to say.

1. We've pretty much established Mentos is town; it was pretty much established when this was posted. Why is Zen feeling out support for a wagon on confirmed town?
Since when was Mentos confirmed town O_O. Stop failing...

2. So ... the only two people online and able to coach DH are Swiss and Zen. This is apparently proof that Swiss is scum. I say that sword cuts two ways and it's equally ****ing for Zen.
True.

Zen: Assume for the sake of discussion that we can't lynch PM today. Who is your next choice?
Still thinking we need to look into X1 more. Since you're online all the time, would you be willing to review all XS/X1's post before the day end pleeaze :c?

Right now I'm thinking PM or X1 or Swiss. PM right now until I can get some more review. But I realize the day is close to it's end so meh.

I'm thinking

PM-FFS
Swiss-X1

right now as scumates. I'm also very sad that people are just overlooking mentos despite him never scumhunting and basically riding his claim the whole game. :c

FFS:
I found it odd that he started off D2 so confident in Gotenks, given that Gotenks claimed a role that is semi-confirmable.
I wanted him lynched the day before yo. And I still wanted him lynched. Him not recruiting anybody didn't better my opinion. And I don't trust recruiters because they could easily be cult or mafia recruiter. And after a failed recruit N1, I didn't think he would be confirmed any time soon at that rate.

He's been doing this since mid-D2, already explained that I don't like it. Especially don't like that he was looking for a PR on someone he knew wasn't going to get lynched that day, that serves no purpose except to give information to scum.
Not much more to say to this. Not seeing why you are bringing up old points though. I suppose you need reason for your vote so it doesn't look as if you are just hopping on, yeah?
-too many posts to quote-
Remember how I found it odd that DH was so clueless as if none of his scumbuddies told him what to do? When I was rereading Zen's D2, I got the feeling that Zen was guiding DH, having him do easy things like restate Zen's reasoning for DH being town along with asking what should be expected of him.
No just no. I was just asking him questions. I would just talk to him in the QT we know there is if I was his scumbuddy.

This is from D2. I was useless the rest of D2, started D3 by being useless, outrageous, and "sucky". The "stop being useless or die" part never really happened I guess. Like what I was saying in my first post today, it's really easy to say that, but I like how he did nothing to follow up on it. Looking good by threatening a cruiser, heh.
My point was to get you to contribute. I wasn't accusing you as scum at this time.

I must say that post is quite odd FFS.

---------------------------------
PM: Respond to this.

PM: You agree with the points Swiss has made on me, but all of the points he's made on me are in regards to D2 and D3. Yet you're saying that a d1 reread has made you in agreement with Swiss' case? Wanna shed some light on this:3?

@the bottom of you're 1158: You do realize the reason for asking Swiss what he thought about you was because I felt he was trying to unreasonably pressure you, not because I was trying to target you?? I asked him and X1 their reasoning because I feel they cannot come up with it. Scum hunting you had nothing to do with it. lol good **** dude. 95 my *** right?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Vig should shoot Mentos when he has an ability we can confirm?

Why not suggest Mentos recruits? This will lead to his death OR confirm two players as town.

Vig shooting Mentos would be the worst possible play.

Why would a Vig on Smar be a waste?

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
I'm online all the time because I'm looking for work and checking the game periodically while taking breaks from applying. I don't have time to read x1 and build a case for you.

Vig isn't going to shoot Mentos, I'm going to sheep Swiss for reasons why. And a vig on Zen or us would be a waste - Zen because he's probably the play, us because, well, do you really expect me to say anything else?

1154 is a slip. I meant to say X1 gave a half-hearted response and Zen didn't pursue it.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Deadline is tomorrow - People need to think about who to lynch, but also about vig directing? I would guess its looking like Vig and Lynch PM/Zen. I personally think going into the night PM lynch would leave us and the vig more information.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
If we mislynch today, we'll be 4 town/2 scum (assuming 3 man scumteam.) Vig and nk puts us at 2 town/2 scum, assuming vig doesn't hit scum or the nk. Mislynch + directed misvig = town loss.

If we lynch scum, we'll be at 4/1. Again assuming vig and nk take out two townies, we're in lylo with 2/1.

Do we really want vig to shoot tonight?

Swiss

Smash Lord
If we lynch scum I think Vig should NOT shoot - let Mentos recruit. If he dies then we're in LyLo (assuming scum NK) - if he does recruit we have two confirmed townies, and only two players left to choose from to lynch. OR Mentos agrees NOT to recruit and lets Vig shoot. I don't mind which. Either should serve us well.

If we mislynch then the game would be in the Vig's hands. It'll be up to them to decide if they want to risk it. I think the chances of:
1) Us mislynching toDay
2) The Vig hitting town/Mentos mis-recruiting
3) Scum not shooting the same target as the Vig and actually having a successful NK

Are slim. That's the only way a 3 man scum team could win overNight. If my maths is right, that is.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Thought about it - this may look bad; but I wouldn't really mind Mentos recruiting and Vig shooting - so long as Vig shoots the survivor of Zen/PM. If we get endgamed from that I'd surrender my golden dice. It would require both Zen and PM to be town.
Side note - of course if we do this scum would know not to shoot that player (they never would have anyway, in all likelihood).

Mentos if you do recruit don't use it as a 'cop' role where you crumb who you're going to recruit and target a scummy player. Recruit with the goal of surviving the night and clearing a player beyond doubt.

Either way we should probably discuss this more.

X1-12

Smash Champion
i'll be arojund for deadline just about but il should post brief thoughts now

PM is only lynch I'm comfortable with

Zen over no lynch

tempted to say go for vig and recruit, idk will post on it in morning/ when i get home.

Can someone run the nuumbers of how likely vig hitting and recruiting and stuff so we know statistically whats best option

Swiss

Smash Lord
Who do you think should be vigged? You have to be certain they'll flip anti-town.

Vig don't shoot X1 or Mentos. Other than that take free reign of your decisions.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Prod response(although it hasn't been 48 hours since my last post, it was late on the 15th when I made it so it is 2 days), hopefully I'll have a good post up tonight, but as I've said in other games, absolutely exhausted right now so I'm not sure I'll pull it off.

@smarboy: I skimmed through my posts, you're right I never remembered to actually vote. Interesting that Swiss jumped straight to vote-manipulation, without verifying I had actually voted beforehand, especially when I used unsure language mentioning it. Regardless, I'll probably be voting tonight even if I can't get a solid post up because, well, I probably won't be around for the deadline.

@mod: Request current votecount

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Mentos - What else could it be? I asked the mod to clarify and said if he clarifies that it's a legit votecount then your vote has been manipulated. There aren't any other roles in mafia that can do this. << AFAIK

My tl;dr was "it's probably a mod error" - best to check and ask the mod though.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
*Facepalm* this is what I get for skimming due to being tired and trying to make a comment: I completely missed the votecount where Swords listed me on Zen>_> I feel incredibly stupid now, I'm just going to go cry in a corner.

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
---------------------------------
PM: Respond to this.
We already addressed the responses to that in our post 1219. We agreed with some of the points he brought up about scummy play/ not responding to his points, but we didn't agree with his entire case - ie, no we don't agree with his case, we just agreed with a couple points he raised, which we wanted to see you address which now you have. Never said we agreed with his case, we kept saying and still have a town read on you.

In regard to the last comment, we couldn't be sure that this is what you were doing and whether it was psuedo scum hunting or whether you were pointing out swiss didn't have good reasons to press us. Can u point out which post # are you referring to when you say Swiss was unreasonably pressuring me?

vig do not shoot mentos. i'd lean on 90% don't shoot him and 10%, leaning towards shoot him. last thing i want to do is give scum an idea of who vig is gonna shoot. i disagree with directing vig's shot. there's no purpose. let vig decide what he's gonna do.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I've already fallen asleep once and prolly not gonna be up long before it happens again. In any case, I want to make sure that I've got a vote down to help avoid a no lynch, so I'll be voting at the end of the post since I never actually did so.(Sorry for the confusion Swords :( )

And given the situation I think it's important I make my recruit clear, and after thought I've given it through most of the game day, unless anyone objects, I will be targeting PM tonight.(unless, of course, they're lynched, in which case it'll be Zen)

Vote: Zen

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice

swiss: Peach Monster (1)
Zen: Mentos, Smarboy69, Sold2/summonerAU hydra (3)
Not voting: Zen, Swiss

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Final thoughts in case I don't live through the day/night.

X1 has made some weird observations through out the game. Makes me think he knows more than he should.

FFS is tough to read. He hasn't been very pro-town though. I mostly saw him as town for bad reasoning. He should be reviewed and questioned if not vigged.

Mentos has done nothing all game and people have cleared him for stupid reasons. Just because he has a recruit claim shouldn't excuse him, and I think it is really odd that people have based solely on that. Seriously guys don't just trust him because of his ''easily confirmable" claim.

Smar I don't know which one of you made such a turn around on me, but it's weird. We have been budding each other all game. I don't know why you're pinning that against me now.

Swiss I just don't know. He really is a good player to have turned everything I had against him onto me.

If there's an indy I think probably Mentos.
If PM flips scum I don't think Mentos or Smar or X1 is his buddy. So vig on Swiss or FFS in that event would be pretty good.
FFS and X1 are pretty distant. (X1-Swiss, X1-Mentos are distant as well)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
x1 if you think I'm town would it not be better to no lynch? Especially if there's the possibility Mentos can recruit either me or PM for a confirmation of 2. And a Vig kill.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Not convinced you're town

Unvote
Vote: Zen

Not gonna chance this game on recruit and someone who may be a vig. Too many variables. Why point this out at the last minute not last night when I said I would hammer you over no lynch. Very scummy.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'll hammer you, then. Sorry Zen but I'll not see you live through toDay.

Major hate on Smar - he was meant to be hammering.

X1, if you don't hammer 10 mins before deadline - I will. I'd prefer you to do it for flavour reasons.

Zen in the event you were to flip town - who should be vigged and who should be looked at most 2Mo (you pretty much answered the second).

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Vig - If PM is being recruited toNight to verify his alignment.

Don't shoot PM or Mentos. Obv.

And don't shoot X1, that wont work.

Shoot whoever is scummiest out of myself, Smar and FFS (Smar imo). We're your only options. Shooting out of that will screw claims over.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Zen opened his tac pad to write another entry in his journal, thinking that swiss would be lynched, when suddenly, Swiss came back with a point against Zen. Slowly, the others started to agree with him, until Xsword, pulling out his combat knife, assassinated Zen, (Kat, vanilla townie) and tossed her aside like a sack of potatoes. Everyone saw that Kat had died and she was in fact loyal to the USNC, they headed off to their bunks, but not everyone slept that night.
Night 3 begins. Send in actions by Noon EST of November 20.

As a side note, marshy or someone else will have to handle the game from november 21st until december 1st, as i'm going on vacation. :D

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
final thing just came in

n3 ends

Peach monster the vanilla townie marine thing dies

d4 begins

only suckers left are
gotenks, xsword, regal cheese, fans for sell, smarboy69

3/5 to lynch

deadline dec 3rd 11:59PM est