• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hackfest 5.0, Brawl+ Pound 4 warm-up, Jan 9th - NOW WITH LIVESTREAM AND HOT TUBS!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Welcome to Hackfest 5.0!

Venue fee: $2, free if you bring a TV or hacked Wii.
Singles: $10
Teams: $20 per team
Payouts will be 60-30-10 for both events, subject to change based on attendance.
Possibly crew battles for fun or money if time permits.

With the new venue, we will now be able to have a livestream setup!

Rules:

It will be all the standard stuff. If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to ask. Infinites are allowed and encouraged if you can find one.

Stage striking for the first match. Any disputes about who strikes first or controller ports or whatever will be settled by RPS.

Starters:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island (singles)/SSE Jungle (doubles)

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Island (doubles)
Wifi Waiting Room (doubles)
Wario Ware (singles)
Brinstar (singles)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld+

2 stage bans

We will be using the official 6.0 set. If anyone is caught cheating, they will be immediately DQed and banned from all future tourneys I run, and my pig will eat your first-born son.

Custom music is fine but I will probably ban custom textures (excluding official B+ teams color fixes). Well, I didn't last time, but if anyone has any complaints about textures, let me know.

Place:

1802 Baltimore Blvd (aka RT 140)
Westminster, MD 21157

It's about 30 minutes from Baltimore. It is a hot tub store, very soon after the Royal Farms. Park in the back. There will be one or two hot tubs running, and you can get in them if you want *not joking*. So bring your swim trunks if you want to. Please be respectful of my dad's store though. He will be open for business until 4pm or so, so we'll only be using the back half of the store until then.

If you need help finding it, you can call my cell, 443-536-1386. If you don't have your own transportation, the Owings Mills metro station is only about 15 minutes away, and someone should be able to pick you up from there. Anyone who wants to can crash at my house about 10 minutes away on Saturday night (bring a sleeping bag though).

Time:

The tourney will take place on Saturday Jan. 9th.

10am: Doors open
11am: Signups
12pm-4pm: Teams
5pm-10pm: Singles

People can crash here Saturday night if they need to.

What to Bring:

I have 3 TVs of my own, but more would be helpful if a lot of people come. So bring Wiis, TVs, and SD cards (no bigger than 2 GBs). If you don't have one, there are stores nearby that sell them. I can help you hack your Wii if it isn't already. Also, bring a sleeping bag if you want to sleep here Saturday night. If not, there are cheap hotels nearby. Google is your friend.

Food:

There are lots of places to eat nearby. There is a Royal Farms within easy walking distance.
We have Five Guys, Denny's, Applebees, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Burger King, Roy Rogers, Arby's, KFC, Wendy's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Salsarita's, Chick-Fil-A, and Friendly's all real close to JCaesar's house, so we can go chill out afterwards.
There will almost certainly be a Buffalo Wild Wings run after the tournament.

Dress warmly.

Attendee List:
Bold = Out of Stater

JCaesar
Cape
Bandit
Bionic Sonic
G-Reg
Combo Knight
Guy
Count Kaiser + 1
Tantalus
Seagull
SnackAttack
Dawgbowl + 1
VanillaWaffle
jjvirus
Vanz
GuruKid
Lord Khanti
Blackanese
Silven
Skip
DaiAndOh
Shin
Glick
ChiboSempai
MexiMadness
TKO
Vist
goodoldganon
PancakePanda

+ quite a few more maybes.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just came up with a brilliant plan

Lets do this tourney, then go play laser tag at XP laser sport, then go to wild wings

That would most certainly get me to attend

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I just came up with a brilliant plan

Lets do this tourney, then go play laser tag at XP laser sport, then go to wild wings

That would most certainly get me to attend
If we have time (and I doubt it'll be a problem), then sure, I'm down for that.

Everyone play yoshi and pick warioware+yoshi's island
I know he can infinite stall, but really it's not broken at all. He's still very vulnerable to footstools and attacks. Every time Cape tried that against me I punished him for it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
/attending

And yeah, gonna be needing a partner as well >_<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'd say laser tag is a definite go then. I'd prefer to hit BWW first as it gets extremely crowded on Saturday nights. Hell, maybe between doubles and singles would be the best time. Then we could definitely get a table.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I know that this is a hackfest, but am I allowed to bring a vBrawl Wii?

I just wanna hang out, and get friendlies in on the down time.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I suppose...

You know someone's probably gonna be hosting a vBrawl tourney on this date.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
if gurukid comes to this, im canceling my melee-hyperbolic-time-chamber plans, and exacting revenge at this

race car drivers > turtles

Cia

das kwl
LOL.. I was just coming in this thread to say

"G-reg, team with me!"

I'm definitely making this.

edit: JCaesar - let's go to buffalo wild wings!

:colorful:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I know this is nothing new, but I literally lol'd when I read that "Wifi Waiting Room" is a counterpick stage.
Miiiike! Are you coming to Pound 4?

Low entry fee makes me sad face. New York might be rolling through; I'm craving those wild wings!
If there's serious OOS interest, I'm more than willing to raise entrance fees to $10. I only hesitate because that tends to discourage some of the local players. And even though there's nothing scheduled yet, there will likely end up being an MD/VA vBrawl tourney this weekend, which unfortunately a lot of locals will probably choose over Hackfest. If we do get the OOS interest though, I'll hype this as much as I can.

Wings will be had by all!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm raising singles entrance fee to $10 a pop, because Insomniac, the B+ crew from NY, is showing up in full force! Let's defend our home turf guys!

Tant, how much is laser tag?

Lobos

Smash Master
Well **** if OOS comes and the turn out looks good, I'll try to come and make this. Maybe coney and other FNB members might wanna come to this!

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Yo me and Mexi are thinking about coming to this, hows the attendance looking? Any chance doubles can be upped to $20 per team?

~ This is Chibo

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I love the pic in the OP.

I would come to this if I wasn't saving for Pound. Laser tag makes my mouth water, but I have to show restraint.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
20 is very likely. We had over 20 at the last big Hackfest, and that was with a lot less OOSers.

Coney

Smash Master
sorry lobro, that's my sister's birthday weekend, gotta be home for celebratin' and the like

md/va is safe from my jig-a-lee once again

but for how long

Bandit

Smash Lord
Anyone going to Pound and this tournament that is looking for a teammate in B+? Zelda the Bounty Hunter is currently looking for partner in crime.

I'm hoping to team with someone at both and truly use this as a warm-up.

:bandit:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Mad about what? Who were you playing with?

I think you need to just drop the MK and play a character you like. Just try to enjoy it.

Top Bottom