• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hackfest 5.0 (1/9/10) Brawl+ results

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Singles:
1: Vex (DDD)
2: Vanz (Peach, Jiggs, Yoshi, ICs, Sheik, Zelda, ZSS, Falcon, DDD)
3: Silven (Ike)
4: Glick (Jiggs, DDD)
5: Chibo (ROB)
5: JCaesar (ROB, Wolf)
7: Guy (Diddy)
7: Guru (Pokemon Trainer)
9: The Cape (Bowser)
9: Mexi (Squirtle)
9: Blackanese (MK, G&W, Fox, Snake)
9: Count Kaiser (G&W, Ness)
13: Waffle (DK, ZSS)
13: Bandit (Zelda)

Doubles:
1: First Place (Vex + Vanz)
2: Activation Sensation Annihilation (Guru + Blackanse)
3: Fisting Bonanza (Glick + Waffle)
4: Gyro Surfing! (Chibo + Mexi)
5: The Praetorian Guard (JCaesar + The Cape)
5: Feline AIDS (Count Kaiser + Bandit)

Fun tourney, lots of talent, disappointing local turnout, a ridiculous number of upsets. What else is there to say?

Vids coming soon.

Silven asking the manager at Buffalo Wild Wings to put Spongebob on the projector was about the most hilarious thing ever.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm content with beating jc and cape in teams and guru in singles but I couldn't get by crazy hard matchups like ddd and jiggz. jiggz rest combos r broken and ddd is just... everything lol. I pretty much played the MU perfectly against vex (mainly r1) and still got 2 stocked. even vex said he should noot have been 2 stocking me

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Only 5 MD/VA at this...

that was a ridiculously hard event, no shame in 13th nathan losing to 2nd and 4th place, no shame, good stuff in teams

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm content with beating jc and cape in teams and guru in singles but I couldn't get by crazy hard matchups like ddd and jiggz. jiggz rest combos r broken and ddd is just... everything lol. I pretty much played the MU perfectly against vex (mainly r1) and still got 2 stocked. even vex said he should noot have been 2 stocking me
You guys lost to Bandit and Count Kaiser, and then you changed the singles bracket around so you wouldn't have to fight Bandit. I know you (barely) beat him in a MM later, but don't deny you were afraid of him. Seeing as he's my apprentice, I consider that a moral victory :p Get *****!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo stinking it up in Brawl+ too. MK is nerfed bro and you still loosing.
edit: no johns u bannnnnned

You guys lost to Bandit and Count Kaiser, and then you changed the singles bracket around so you wouldn't have to fight Bandit. I know you (barely) beat him in a MM later, but don't deny you were afraid of him. Seeing as he's my apprentice, I consider that a moral victory :p Get *****!
I did not switch it at all to avoid bandit. If you want to see how we lost in teams, you might as well go watch the replay and see how it was not my fault at all. It was instead having Mexi get ***** and then take my stock and then suicide in practically every match.

The MM wasn't (barely) as you put it. I mean it was close-ish, but not like how your putting it. Especially by the end of the set I learned how to outspace him great. But it seems like your joking anyway :p

D1

Banned via Administration
WOOOT! Propz to Vanz, Glick, and Silven for the singles placings!

NYC WHERE YOU AT!

As for teams, good sh** to Blacka, Guru, Vanz, and Glick!

Glick

Smash Lord
jiggz rest combos r broken and ddd is just... everything lol.
UMADDDD

But really, watch a match between me and one of my crewmates. They don't get hit by stray up airs. I have to work for those tech chased up airs/crossups. She's cheap though lol.

17 stocks in crew battles! LOLL

Cia

das kwl
I just got home. GGs all. Tournament was fun, and having a hot tub store as a venue is surprisingly ****. A few matches were saved to my SD card, so I'll upload those at some point today. Also, we were talking about how many characters I used in tournament on the bus ride back..

:peach::jigglypuff::yoshi2::popo: :shiek: :zelda::zerosuitsamus::falcon::dedede:

RAAAAAPE

Vist

Smash Champion
wtf

i figured i was probably the only md/va guy not coming but looks like i was wrong lol

disappointing results indeed

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Fun tournament, with crazy upsets. <3 MD/VA. I really underperformed and disappointed my crewmates and myself greatly.

Props to my fellow NYC peeps (especially Silven!) for doing their stuff and kicking ***.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
When can we expect to see characters used?
I wasn't able to watch any of the stream after doubles winners so I'm looking forward to knowing.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Great tournament everyone!

Silven - Sick Ike man, I hope to face you again sometime. Warioware duel may yet happen again.
Glick - Jiggs is crazy. You got skills (17 stocks...). Great MM, it was a nice back and forth battle.
Kaiser - Great warm-up for Pound! Maybe we can get some more practice time before next weekend.
Chibo - MM was good, and I'll be ready for Pound. ROB vs Zelda not "easy" is it?

To all the OoS, you guys made this tournament, and it was a blast. Crazy amount of talent despite locals bailing (seriously MD/VA you screwed up big time by missing this one).

Everyone else, good ****.

:bandit:

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Attendence was much lower then expected :/ But fun tournament overall, srsly.

About DDD, if you lower his damage output I think he's just fine as a character, but he deals to much damage to easily now and his main combo move does 17% and that combos into another aerial O_o

GGs everybody, me and Vanz **** and we're winning Pound 4 Brawl+ doubles!

I hope...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo - MM was good, and I'll be ready for Pound. ROB vs Zelda not "easy" is it?

:bandit:
thats right we mentioned that b4 on the boards before right? i was probably talking about vB lol, i didnt know u meant plus. unless i forget and i did mean lol
though i didn't know most of the zelda changes until the day of this tourney. its definitely a bit of a challenge but by the end I got the spacing down pretty well. u did great.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I pretty much came to the venue after singles started -- and everything was WTF?!

Guy showed me the brackets -- full of upsets everywhere

A lot less MD/VA than I expected it to be... sadface

After the 2nd match between Kaiser and Guru where Guru wins: he loses to a CPU Sonic. NERF SUPER SONIC

Glick taking 17 stocks. Didn't get to participate, but everything was still fun lol

All in all it was great

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Man, this tourney was dumb. So many SDs.

But seriously, I had a lot of fun. Shout outs go to NYC and Dr. Fliz. I certainly hope those crew vids go up sometime soon, cuz Glick is so ridiculous.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to go win the lottery, for my cat now has AIDS.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

5ive

Smash Champion
****, I'm actually really impressed with Guy and his placing. Good stuff, but you're still 12 and homeschooled.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Jceasar. Glick/Waffle vs Bandit/Kaiser 2 has a WMG problem. I'd have commented to that effect, but apparently youtube won't even let you watch it muted anymore?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's working for me, iunno...

Chibo, if you saved it to the Wii instead of the SD card, then Guy has it.

Glick

Smash Lord
Jceasar. Glick/Waffle vs Bandit/Kaiser 2 has a WMG problem. I'd have commented to that effect, but apparently youtube won't even let you watch it muted anymore?
This.

In this match me and waffle did some crazy finisher combo with rest and donkey punch lol. I think.

Top Bottom