• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hackfest 5.0 (1/9/10) Brawl+ results

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ace, just come train with me and buuman, we'll get you real good.

also, good to see blacka and count usin the gw.

no wario, though... dissapointing

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Meh. My Jiggs overall is just so meh that anything I can get my hands on is worth it.

And obm, you know I'm down. Just gimme a time and place.

Bandit

Smash Lord
That 2nd teams match ended in pure epicness.

Even I watch that and go "holy ****"...

... and I was the victim!

Edit: I am getting the WMG error as well.

:bandit:

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
We were discussing the remoteness of the venue location and the fact that it's so dam hard to get to. I think if you changed Hackfest to a more accessible venue (as in we didn't need a 30 minute car ride from the train station to get there) you'd get a lot more people. That venue is just..dam so much work to get to but I definitely appreciate Cape and Jceasar driving us and the others.

Shoutouts and stuff:

Bandit - Yeah I got pissed after the first match cuz your Zelda is so homo and that's why I picked WarioWare. I can't see why you'd wanna play Warioware when all I have to do is forward b and I'm already in your face. Which is kinda what you DON'T want, right? I remember what Wes told me..it's not about what stage you like...it's about what stage gives you the most advantages and the least disadvantages so if you know the stage is also a boon to me then don't counterpick it imo...just my suggestion for your future counterpicking endeavors..

Cape - Good games, I didn't really expect to win after I saw your Bowser vs. Blackanese but it happened. *_* Weird huh, good matches though. Your Bowser was dam scary though, but apparently Ike is a lot safer than most people imagined.

Jcizzles - Great match, I still need to see the replay cuz your Rob tricks were WTF'ing the **** out of me at first. I remember how desperate you got at the end and ended up killiing yourself and then you doing the same with Wolf. Hilarious, look at that Karma :)

VaNz - Lucky *** rest combo... *_*

Vex - You're too dam defensive...but you fell to shambles when you weren't on a static stage ;). The first two matches were so bad... can't doubt your skill though. Good stuff

That's it... only shouting out the people that I played in tourney. I know people wanted friendlies and stuff but I really didn't feel like playing non tournament matches that day for some reason. I'll try to play more at Pound 4 if we go...hopefully:ohwell:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We were discussing the remoteness of the venue location and the fact that it's so dam hard to get to. I think if you changed Hackfest to a more accessible venue (as in we didn't need a 30 minute car ride from the train station to get there) you'd get a lot more people. That venue is just..dam so much work to get to but I definitely appreciate Cape and Jceasar driving us and the others.
It's only 15 minutes from the metro station. The problem is most of the MD/VA smash scene lives in the DC metro area, not the Bmore metro area. That and the fact that there is literally never a weekend without a vBrawl tourney and unfortunately most MD/VA sheep ... er, smashers choose that, and even if I get the weekend well ahead of time and the vBrawl tourney is short notice, everyone will still go to that anyway. It sucks you missed Hackfest 3.0 because I doubt MD/VA will ever come out in full strength for any other Brawl+ tourney. We have a chance at Pound 4 though.

From now on though, I'm probably just gonna stick to doing side tourneys. It's just not worth trying to compete with the weekly vBrawl tourney because I will never get a decent local turnout.

So R.I.P. Hackfest.

Jcizzles - Great match, I still need to see the replay cuz your Rob tricks were WTF'ing the **** out of me at first. I remember how desperate you got at the end and ended up killiing yourself and then you doing the same with Wolf. Hilarious, look at that Karma :)
The matches are up on my youtube.

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed that I lost because I fully believe that ROB wins the matchup, but you play so different from any other Ike and I wasn't ready for it. Good **** man. I won't underestimate you next time. And hopefully I won't SD again :p

I'll get on it when I get a chance.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
dunno what the problem is with that vid of me and glick vs bandit and count, its working fine for me. but whatever the problem is, it needs to be fixed asap, that ending was pure awesome. when that match was finished, several small asian countries got hit by tsunamis.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Man how about you guys just make a video thread with all of the tourney vids linked into a single thread like they usually do for big tournies. That way you can have Chibo's, Jceasar's and VaNz' videos all in one place instead of visiting three different youtube accounts.

Glick

Smash Lord
I wish we had the commentary. The videos themselves aren't that impressive. it was just the screaming and "ohing" that really made it awesome lol.

dunno what the problem is with that vid of me and glick vs bandit and count, its working fine for me. but whatever the problem is, it needs to be fixed asap, that ending was pure awesome. when that match was finished, several small asian countries got hit by tsunamis.
Do you have a proxy up that makes it look like you are in a different country?

Also: I love how your sig spoils the entire ending to Cowboy bebop LOL

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
ending of cowboy bebop? my sig is a video of me from 2 weeks ago i swear....and yeah i may have been running a proxy at the time, cus it aint working for me now. FIX IT CEEZ!!! everyone needs to see the epic destruction that happened. we destroyed bandit so hard that he had a hernia irl...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I wish we had the commentary. The videos themselves aren't that impressive. it was just the screaming and "ohing" that really made it awesome lol.
The stream is saved right here. If you wanna hear the commentary, go for it.

ending of cowboy bebop? my sig is a video of me from 2 weeks ago i swear....and yeah i may have been running a proxy at the time, cus it aint working for me now. FIX IT CEEZ!!! everyone needs to see the epic destruction that happened. we destroyed bandit so hard that he had a hernia irl...
I'll get to it soon. I've barely had a free moment.

JC, you have winners and grand finals on your SD card right?
Yep I still have a bunch of singles vids to put up.

Top Bottom