• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 3 - Sykesville, MD - Jul 5, 08

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I just want to make sure that the release grab chain against Ness and Lucas aren't banned. If they are =). If they're not I don't really care, just wanna make sure lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I hope it's okay if I post this here, but only because SoVa doesn't get much attention from good players in MD/VA/NC because we weren't that known with Melee...

O-NO is hosting a lock-in Melee/Brawl/Capcom Vs. SNK2/MVC2/Third Strike/Tekken 5 DR/Guilty Gear Accent Core tourney at this gaming store in Chesapeake VA on June 7th.

It's 10 for venue [spectators and tourney participants, alike.]
$10 for Brawl, for everything else:
$5 for each tourney
Pot Split 60/30/10 [all tourneys]

midnight to 8AM lock-in and you get there early to signup and play friendlies etc

Free housing with O-NO, with advanced notice [though exceptions can be made]

The Thread [note, a lot of nonsense gets talked about here, but that's because it's our area's main thread, not specifically for tournaments or anything...but the first post has what you need to know]
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=87644

SoVa's fun and shenanigans, come thru kids =D

chinesahh

Smash Lord
As of right now, the ice climbers cg and the release grab on lucas/ness are not banned, and will not be for this tournament.

O-NO if I didn't know you I'd say **** off of my thread, but since you are cool I'll let it slide.

EVERYONE sova is alright, but they just need a bigger scene down in no mans land

hova

Smash Champion
I don't understand why you got so pissed off for that lol. It only worked against you lolz. I just want to make sure it's banned that's all.
i wasn't even playing and I was pissed off. if you don't understand then you are truly a huge scrub.

during a crew battle with no timer, you sat on the ledge while meep was on the opposite side of the stage. he even told you that he would let you up safely without attacking and you still stayed on the ledge.

i'm sure Meep wouldn't normally care, but there was no timer on and it was really annoying because he had no choice but try to knock you off the ledge

ps. you're also really bad at this game

Phydeaux742

Smash Rookie
I'll totally be here chin, dont know if u remember me but its Albers Friend Kyle (FidO) if u need, i may be able to bring a wii. let me know or ask albers to call me. *peace* ^_^

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
O-NO if I didn't know you I'd say **** off of my thread, but since you are cool I'll let it slide.

EVERYONE sova is alright, but they just need a bigger scene down in no mans land
hey man, I really appreciate that. and he didn't tell me to post it here, he just told me to get the word out. Shoulda asked first, sorry...

The Brawl scene is getting pretty big in SoVa, though. The sad thing is that "pretty big" means we only have like 30-40 competitive people of our own. And they don't always attend every tourney :( The regulars round out to about 25 players.

Also, if I come to this, I can bring a Wii

chinesahh

Smash Lord
kyle, please bring that wii. thanks.

Meep/hova: If you see anything being pulled like that just come get me. Excessive stalling in a match is banned and will lead to instant disqualification.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
metaknights up+b camp is like sheiks in melee, its gay but it cant really be banned

boss8

Smash Hero
lol stop bein gay plank ;( isnt it enough mk can just spam neutral b and not get punished for it? lol
yea it's gay but u can spray it with water and cape it........and marth can just counter......

i vote plank for tierwhore of 08!!!:laugh:

u no im jp jon...

the fact is metaknight is ******** and everyone is gonna pick him because they all want money they have no choice but to become a camping/no lag/broken recovery/undefined hell of a character.......plus metaknight is so easy to use.....i betcchu at this turney there will be atleast.........10 or 11 metaknights.......except for the best ones....kirbstir and forute.....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL we'll see boss til ppl get ***** and switch right back to their other chars. Also my MK is better than kirbstirs. Sorry joe, you're not gay enough. Losing to wolfs isn't allowed with MK ;-)

hova

Smash Champion
jon stop talking **** to TA and trying to claim you have the best MK

you're starting to sound like Chozen with his R.O.B antics

meepxzero

Smash Master
jon stop talking **** to TA and trying to claim you have the best MK

you're starting to sound like Chozen with his R.O.B antics
**** lol i remember that **** and then nacker put him in his place LOL.

On a related note travis could u split teams winning down to 6th like singles? Its silly how if u win teams u have the same winnings as if you won singles almost.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hahahha i would never try to say i have the best, forte ***** way too hard and omni is pretty gay too. joe is also awesome.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
More people need to MM me >_>.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hmm...My crew and I want to go to this. We have 5 people altogether.

Is there any chance of housing for our crew? Plairnkk, you know you want to house us...After all, KoJ needs to repay you for ripping *** on his couch...

And on our way home, we'll try not to get pulled over by cops LOL

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
about the wii

Hey wait this location is in eldersburg its the carrolltowne mall! or close to it.

Ok, so if I were to bring a wii or two with me, whats the insurance and promise that it would be well kept? Would I get to use it or no?

Also, I only have wavebirds (well i have 1 wired controller in decent shape) so would we use my controllers or no?

You can PM me details or just reply here I can talk that way. I only live 25 minutes away from the venue so it won't be a hike to bring stuff there.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
jesse, you can obviously stay with me, i <3 WNY

Tantalus yes its at the carrolltowne mall under the Kmart sign, and you can rent a controller there instead of using a wavebird cuz they sux.

There is no insurance policy on the wii's, but everyone brings wii's and if anyone is ever touching/unhooking one travis is to know immediately to make sure its ok.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
good **** lobos

tantalus i highly doubt anything will happen. if anyone is moving a wii, i should know about it.

oh and spectators only have to pay the 10 dollar venue fee.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
^@ hylian, if you are here in md for this event crit hit 3, i will money match you, pm me and ...

NOTE FOR TRAVIS! us over there md ppl will be there to steal all of the moneys!

and another note for travis, you are gonna get some fox trainin son!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
That's so weird, Tantalus is my crew's name...and I thought you were somehow talking to me/my crew LOL

I was so confused :(

Top Bottom