• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H.E.R.B.*Results are up.* Gboro, NC; MELEE/Brawl! 3/21-22

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
1.Jx31
2.Sheermadness
3.DP's Mario
4.Soft
5.Chu Dat
6.Slasher_King
7.The Alpha Gundam
8.Linguni
9.pollmex
10.Frames
11.col Bol
12.Tope
13.Sadaharu Inui
14.Kidd 01
15.Full Metal
16. Dr. Peepee
17. Dark Hart
18. onlymaskde
19. Lozr
20. Yeroc
21. CJ Love
22.Rhan
23.Foxy
24.Stingers135
25.Malk
26.Snarf((Gofg))
27.*P*L*U*R
28.dotpwn
29.Zero_Gamer (3-4 People)
30.Itch
31.omniOstritch
32.BEHR
33.Vilt
34.Pyrostormer
35.Cstick
36.Mashi
37.Dogysamich
38.hungrybox
39.Cash Mooney
40 Ali (Arab Money)
41.D'oH

looks like Jx already won this tourney
were his money at O_o

BEHR

Smash Hero
hmm I have the 27th off from school :(
Stop being young Cute Bol

we chose the date cause most College universities have Spring Break around that time.

my Spring Break aint until April.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I always get last!!

Xelic said he was interested, he just needs to check his spring break plans

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
First off, Who's Misa?
Dont worry, just know she's going to H.E.R.B.

Are you?

___

And Jx, you better enjoy this while you can, cause as long as my name is on the list, this is the ONLY way you'll see yourself on top of a ****ing melee list.

GET

AT

THE

LIL

FREEDOM

FIGHTER.

My kirby is comin for *****s. I figured out to land sweetspot hammer and guarenteed swallow. What's good in the streets?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I could have sworn I posted in this thread like an hour ago. Meh, whatevs.
Anyway, add me to the maybe list. If I do come, it'll just be for Sunday or whatever day it is you are going to do Brawl. Im not throwin down scratch to get ***** in Melee, as I am the epitome of suck in that game, not to mention I haven't even looked at it in almost a year.

rhan

Smash Hero
Anyway, add me to the maybe list. If I do come, it'll just be for Sunday or whatever day it is you are going to do Brawl. Im not throwin down scratch to get ***** in Melee, as I am the epitome of suck in that game, not to mention I haven't even looked at it in almost a year.
Why not? I'm coming all the way from VA to play BOTH GAMES. And I'm decent in Melee and I'm complete **** in Brawl. But I don't care about my skill. I go to learn, watch and enjoy myself. So what if you suck in Melee.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Good stuff, Rhan. It the attitude that DuLL_RaZer has that's killing the Melee scene, and a possibly overall enjoyable event. As a matter of fact, I'll join Melee too. I'm no good.

Whatever it takes to support the cause.

El Muerte

Smash Cadet
DULL RAZER, man i haven't talked 2 u since brawl days... how are things going br

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Why not? I'm coming all the way from VA to play BOTH GAMES. And I'm decent in Melee and I'm complete **** in Brawl. But I don't care about my skill. I go to learn, watch and enjoy myself. So what if you suck in Melee.

Good stuff, Rhan. It the attitude that DuLL_RaZer has that's killing the Melee scene, and a possibly overall enjoyable event. As a matter of fact, I'll join Melee too. I'm no good.

Whatever it takes to support the cause.
Also, I don't like Melee. So, why pay money to play a game that I don't enjoy playing anymore, and stopped enjoying in 2006 when I was still relatively decent? If not wanting to play something because I don't like it is an attitude that is "killing the (insert game here) scene" then give me a knife.

Furthermore, if I showed up to play a game I didn't like, I would most likely be a buzz kill, and if I showed up to play a game I DO like, I would be a buzz-enhancer. So, the logic behind your "killing... a possibly overall enjoyable event" is flawed, and rendered irrelevant. Thanks for playing.

DULL RAZER, man i haven't talked 2 u since brawl days... how are things going br
Im doin alright man. Just got done with college back in December. Other than that, just living. What about you dude? Been well I hope?

rhan

Smash Hero
Also, I don't like Melee. So, why pay money to play a game that I don't enjoy playing anymore, and stopped enjoying in 2006 when I was still relatively decent? If not wanting to play something because I don't like it is an attitude that is "killing the (insert game here) scene" then give me a knife.

Furthermore, if I showed up to play a game I didn't like, I would most likely be a buzz kill, and if I showed up to play a game I DO like, I would be a buzz-enhancer. So, the logic behind your "killing... a possibly overall enjoyable event" is flawed, and rendered irrelevant. Thanks for playing.
I hate Brawl but I'm still gonna play it. It's to suport the cause. Trying to make this tourney huge. If I had the same attitude as you I wouldn't even come the Brawl day and just post ignorant stuff about Brawl here. But insted I'm going to just enjoy the company, kill time, and keep my opinions to myself.

I already know I'm not getting top 10 in either Melee or Brawl. And I'm coming from VA just to have my money taken. So right now I'm looking to about 100-150$ of my money gone. Spur the moment. Don't be a buzz kill.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
How bout we give you a DULL RAZOR!!!

Haha! You see what I did thar?!
i c whut u did thar.

That'd really hurt, if I managed to kill something with an unsharpened steel edge. (cwhut*I*didthar?)

Also, @ Rahn, my mentioning that I was coming for the Brawl day was to make it easier on the hosts. That way, they can plan accordingly for the various days. So pardon me for attempting to make it *easier* on people, who are trying to host a large tournament. At any rate... now that that is settled...

Whenever this gets updated with times, I will let you (the hosts) know more clearly when to expect me. If it starts early on Sunday, I might come down Saturday night, and pay the housing fee or whatknot.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Xelic said he was interested, he just needs to check his spring break plans
Damn, now I have to make it on Saturday. :urg:

He thought you didn't enter because you just thought you sucked and you didn't want to embarrass yourself. This explanation is totally legit, but I'm going to have to go with rhan. I always enter Brawl when I go to tourneys, even though I hate it. Why? Just to sweeten the pot a little for those who are going to get money. Melee players always enter Brawl, but you hardly see Brawl peeps enter Melee. It's extremly infuriating sometimes, because I hate Brawl but I still enter it. Why shouldn't everyone else do the same?

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
Damn, now I have to make it on Saturday. :urg:

He thought you didn't enter because you just thought you sucked and you didn't want to embarrass yourself. This explanation is totally legit, but I'm going to have to go with rhan. I always enter Brawl when I go to tourneys, even though I hate it. Why? Just to sweeten the pot a little for those who are going to get money. Melee players always enter Brawl, but you hardly see Brawl peeps enter Melee. It's extremly infuriating sometimes, because I hate Brawl but I still enter it. Why shouldn't everyone else do the same?
I suppose to some people it'd be like saying, "I hate going to church, but I do it for my grandma's sake. Why don't you come with me even though you're muslim and will probably be called out and laughed at???" I exagerate of course

Also, Apparently I'm no longer a bro according to Mask's thread!!!! No love for the spiciness????

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
rofl. I, am in no way shape or form worried about being laughed at. Opinions of others, or others perceptions of me... espcially when it comes to how well I can play a video game is laughably irrelevant. I am no good in Melee, or Brawl- so if "being laughed at" was my concern, I wouldn't even consider going so we can bury that silly notion here and now. I'm considering going on Sat. just to pay the entry fee, start the game against my opponents, and set the controller down and walk away to get something to eat, and shout my CP from across the room.

But, on topic: My name is Matt. >.> (referring to above post). Yay for generic 16-24 year old male names!

Tangentially on topic: O.O at all the newer people in NC smash. When I played Melee, there was like... 20, tops it seemed.

Tangentially on topic x2: Stingers, I think I never got your number. :(

On Topic: I'll be taking 25 cent (yes 25 cent. Why? Because I want to.) Cash Battles (+5 interwebs for anyone who gets the reference) for most of the day.

On topic: You guys should seriously think about setting up a stream or whatever, as a fair amount of people I know would be interesting in watching it. Plus, it'd be fun.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So, the logic behind your "killing... a possibly overall enjoyable event" is flawed, and rendered irrelevant. Thanks for playing.
Sounds here like you thought you won an argument.

I don't remember playing Argument with anyone.

You know, brawl is a growing thing. And Melee is a dying thing. As a matter of fact, I see more and more of those who play brawl and know nothing of what it takes to play melee. I admit, I don't play either game. Why am I even here? Because I support it. And the only ATTITUDE I was speaking of was "Why go if I suck?" Not only does that not look silly, but what use is a tournament without bottom-feeders? My friend L0zR sees little reason to go to a Melee tournament because he has little to gain out of it. Why drive In or Out of state when the reward is so small to begin with?

ALSO, I wasn't targeting you, specifically. Sheesh. It was just the attitude. Do what you want, I have nothing against you.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Too bad you guys don't live in Florida where the melee scene is growing because a lot of the new brawl players are realizing how horrible brawl is.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Sounds here like you thought you won an argument.

I don't remember playing Argument with anyone.

You know, brawl is a growing thing. And Melee is a dying thing. As a matter of fact, I see more and more of those who play brawl and know nothing of what it takes to play melee. I admit, I don't play either game. Why am I even here? Because I support it. And the only ATTITUDE I was speaking of was "Why go if I suck?" Not only does that not look silly, but what use is a tournament without bottom-feeders? My friend L0zR sees little reason to go to a Melee tournament because he has little to gain out of it. Why drive In or Out of state when the reward is so small to begin with?

ALSO, I wasn't targeting you, specifically. Sheesh. It was just the attitude. Do what you want, I have nothing against you.
An argument? No. It was merely me defending my reason for not wanting to attend on Saturday, which I only mentioned so as to 1) make things easier for the hosts in terms of planning, and 2) provide my reason for not attending so as to avoid the possibility of "oh, why not come Saturday" before they were asked. By saying its the "attitude that Dull_Razer has", that is singling me out, either directly or as a representative of a group of people.

If you truly weren't wanting to incite some sort of 'debate', as it were, why even bother mentioning my name, or even commenting on it? If one was "for the cause" of furthering the smash community, a much better response would have been "Well, I'd like to see ya there for both days, but I understand that you have your own opinions. Either way, hope to see you if only for Sunday". That's much more conducive of promoting a sense of community than saying "Thats the attitude that's killing smash/Melee/whatevs".

Also, I hope you weren't referencing me when it came to those "who play brawl and dont know what it takes to play melee", as I was a part of the NC 'competitive' (I use the term loosely as I was by no means 'zomg good', I was average, at best) smash scene from *almost* the onset; driving two hours to attend MunkAids when they were held in Munk's HOUSE, and only 10-15 people showed.

Although I will admit that your statement holds water in regards with people who mess their pants over Brawl and have no idea about competitive Melee, and I agree with the aforementioned statement.

Also, how is L0zr?! I haven't talked to him in AGES!

Also: Behr, I MAY... MAY be able to bring a set-up. My tv is clunky, and I don't know exactly what kind of room or 'area' you guys will have and all that. So, if I can get ahold of another TV, illl try to bring a full set.

Too bad you guys don't live in Florida where the melee scene is growing because a lot of the new brawl players are realizing how horrible brawl is.
I heard as much. Know a guy named Kamano? I dun know if he stopped smash altogether, or just switched from Brawl->Melee. Obviously, this is all irrelevant, but- its nifty to figure out who knows who, ya know- the whole 6 degrees of separation mess.

BEHR

Smash Hero
God **** shut the **** up.

Its call school mother****a.

**** and I did post there and your name has been up there god **** it read the first page ***** *** *****
God **** it.

Okay **** and stop bashing Melee now you are bringing an argument here so stop it.

its understandable you Like Brawl over Melee.

So chill aight little *****?

BEHR

Smash Hero
This is why I should be a MOD.

Cause I curse in all my post when I yell at people.

Top Bottom