• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...did that Machabo person just really fend off Zato pressure/blockstrings like that? (starting at 3:38)

That is ****ing nuts.

AROUND THE FIVE MINUTE MARK...?!

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS THIS GUY ON

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
https://www.facebook.com/arcsystemworksusa/posts/271294576369823

To our loyal US PS3 gamers: your time has come.

The Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R update is just around the corner. Development has come to a close and you'll have the patch very, very soon!

Thanks for hanging in there. We know it's been rough.
I'll believe it when I see it. :|
Looking forward to top tier Chipp and up coin Johnny.

So I see Zato is doing Zato things, prepare yourself everyone.

Also, all IKs and some other things.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Ridiculous. Even in AC, no other Eddie player could match how he played the character. And the fact this is him just getting started on Xrd and not playing GG in over a year...damn. Stay godlike, Ogawa.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
OMG Guilty Gear please blow up I luckily live in a area who had alot of O.G's for the game and one of the tops players back in the day cause I wanna learn this game. Also I hope you nerds get on that stuff for when it comes out cause I will be hitting people up for games once it does.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yes. 5D launches like before(it now has a camera angle change). It's a little different though, you can now choose to hold up or forward for different results.
2D is still a sweep, and j.D is still just an air normal.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
OMG what finally time to download it and practice Slayer if thats the case.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wow, was not actually expecting it so soon after that post on Arcsys' facebook.

Not complaining though. Kind of funny that I needed to change it to +R in the options first.

Now time to go back to training mode. :3

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Meanwhile in Europe ASW not giving 2 cups of crap about the Europe folks.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Chipp is fun in +R. 6HS ground bouncing on air hit is cool, I'm glad that will still be in Xrd. The new wall dive angles look fun too. His new forcebreaks are silly.

Johnny's up coin is the greatest thing ever, I'll be really disappointed if it isn't in Xrd. I hope returning characters get added to Xrd faster than new characters get added to BB.

Bedman video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23002226
If you don't have a nico account, make one or use mmcafe redirector to watch it.
He looks cool.
That bug at the end is funny. I believe it's getting patched out soon though.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
+R I-no feels amazing. Double air dash, super buffed f.S, godlike new force-breaks... I'm being spoiled. Gonna be a reality check when I'm playing Xrd.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Downloaded +R, and I totally can't be bothered to put any time into it right now. Xrd so close, and yet so far. :(

I might try to relearn some Persona in the meantime, I dunno.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Good, Potemkin is last. I don't have the defense to deal with his nonsense. :|

That list is pretty close to what I would have guessed after everything I've seen. It's still really early though, so things could easily change.

Downloaded +R, and I totally can't be bothered to put any time into it right now. Xrd so close, and yet so far. :(
Do you play anyone who is in Xrd? If not then you could get familiar with someone else in +R.

I can't really blame you for not wanting to bother with it though. So much will change in Xrd, and it should be out sometime in 2014(at least in Japan). +R is also not going to have a lot of people playing it.

I'll be putting some work into +R, but will probably continue to focus more on BB and P4U2(when we get it) until Xrd is out. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Do you play anyone who is in Xrd? If not then you could get familiar with someone else in +R.

I can't really blame you for not wanting to bother with it though. So much will change in Xrd, and it should be out sometime in 2014(at least in Japan). +R is also not going to have a lot of people playing it.

I'll be putting some work into +R, but will probably continue to focus more on BB and P4U2(when we get it) until Xrd is out. :/
I played Anji in AC. He's not very popular though, so I don't see him being added to Xrd soon.

I dunno, I guess I could pick up a Xrd char that I'm interested in!

Vashimus

Smash Master
Yeah, every character will be added in (well, not so sure about Order-Sol), be it console characters or new versions, it's just a matter of when.

I hope Baiken will be able to do her counters from her command run like in +R.

TheGamingTool

Smash Rookie
YIPPE! A guilty gear thread! Since there isn't no update this month, I want them to bring Johnny and A.B.A. I am thinking they are going to bring the popular chars first so I am guessing Baiken will be next.
Also... Bring back Potemkin's cr. S back to vacuum effect back!
Oh yeah, is FRC really confirmed?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Good, Potemkin is last. I don't have the defense to deal with his nonsense. :|
You'll still have to deal with mine regardless of where he ends up on the list.
YIPPE! A guilty gear thread! Since there isn't no update this month, I want them to bring Johnny and A.B.A. I am thinking they are going to bring the popular chars first so I am guessing Baiken will be next.
Also... Bring back Potemkin's cr. S back to vacuum effect back!
Oh yeah, is FRC really confirmed?
No FRCs in this game (which is actually a good thing imo). There are Red, Yellow, and Purple RCs now.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I dunno, I guess I could pick up a Xrd char that I'm interested in!
There would certainly be no harm in messing around in training mode every now and then.
You'll still have to deal with mine regardless of where he ends up on the list.
Damn.

Maybe this time I'll actually learn how to fight against the grappler of the game.

Or maybe Ramlethal will have a stupidly good matchup against him, and I'll be able to counter pick all my troubles away.

I'm hoping for the latter.
No FRCs in this game (which is actually a good thing imo). There are Red, Yellow, and Purple RCs now.
I'm really looking forward to the new RC mechanics, they make FRCs look like an incomplete mechanic now imo. Instead if it just being placed on certain moves wherever Arcsys feels, we can spend 25 meter to cancel the startup of anything, it sounds interesting.

I can't wait to try it out, I want to see if I could YRC some of Chipp's attacks to get an instant overhead. 6K, leaf throw, or his new attack, Kabuki could work. Chipp might finally have a decent high/low game on the ground, giving him even more angles to attack from.

Who knows what other tricks may come out of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom