• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Developer: Arc System Works
Platform: arcade, PS3, PS4
Genre: 2D Fighting
Release date: 8/25/2015 (arcade) 5/26/16(JP console) 6/7/16(NA console) 6/10/16(EU console)
Japanese web site: http://www.ggxrd.com/rev/cs/

Intro:
Guilty Gear is a long running 2D Fighting Game series. Xrd promises to mix things up a bit, with a beautiful cel shaded artstyle and new gameplay mechanics, but don't worry, it's still the same Guilty Gear you know and love.
The latest game, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator sees the return of all the characters in Sign, and also added Johnny, Jam Kuradoberi, Jack-O', Raven, Kum Haehyun, and maybe Dizzy one day.

PSN IDs
The game supports crossplay between PS3 and PS4, so there's no need to list your console!

Sol Badguy
Ky Kiske
Chipp Zanuff
Millia Rage
May
Zato-1
Faust
Venom
Potemkin
I-no
Axl Low
Slayer
Bedman
Ramlethal Valentine
Sin Kiske
Elphelt Valentine
Leo Whitefang
Johnny
Jam Kuradoberi
Jack-O'
Raven
Kum Haehyun
No Dizzy yet though
Atlus8
Atlus8
Los Angeles

Gamegenie222

GameGenie222
Omaha, Ne

Minato
Rhapzody_
Corona, CA
And Dizzy, someday

Rutger

RutgerFE6
Orlando, Florida

Smooth Criminal
Dunedin, Florida

Vashimus
Iceberg381
Newark, NJ

Zankoku
aisight
Las Vegas, NV

Mechanics

Controls
Button Layout:
Guilty Gear has five different attack buttons.
Punch(P)
Kick(K)
Slash(S)
High Slash(H or HS)
Dust(D)

Xrd has five different layouts in arcades.

Type A:
K S H
P _ D

Type B:
P K S
H _ D

Type C:
P K S
D _ H

Type D:
P S D
K H _

Type E:
P K D
S H _

There is also a sixth button, which is your Respect/Taunt button.

Dust:
The Dust attack is an universal launcher and an overhead and send the opponent flying away from you if it lands while they are on the ground. Hold up after landing your Dust attack and you will home in on your opponent and you can pull off a nice combo. New to Xrd, you can hold towards your opponent to chase them on the ground.

Dust can also be use in the air and will have unique properties depending on your character.

Sweep:
The Sweep is a low attack that will knockdown your opponent. All characters perform a Sweep with 2D.

Respect/Taunt:
Taunt is pretty simple, press the button and you taunt. You can cancel a taunt into any attack about halfway through the animation. Taunting will slightly fill your opponent's tension gauge, and if taunt after defeating your opponent, they will start the next round with 50% tension.

You get Respect if you hold forward and press the Taunt button. Respect can be canceled at any time and doesn't give your opponent tension.
HUD
Health:
The big bar at the top. Every character has 420, however the amount of damage you take will depend on the character's Guts and Defense ratings as well as your R.I.S.K. Level.

R.I.S.K. Level:
A small bar near the end of your health bar will show you your R.I.S.K. Level. It fills up as you block attacks, and if you get hit while it is filled, damage scaling will not be applied to your opponent's combo until it is empty. This means you risk taking high damage if you decide to try and sit back and block everything.

If the R.I.S.K. Level is filled up half way, it will start to flash. While it flashes, every hit your opponent lands will be a Counter hit.

Hellfire State:
When your health falls down to around 20%, you will enter Hellfire State. While in Hellfire, Overdrives will deal more damage. However, this is not always good for you because going into Hellfire will also let your opponent combo into an Instant Kill when they are on match point
Tension
Tension Gauge:
Tension is the super meter of Guilty Gear and is very important. Tension is gained by performing an aggressive action, so anything from attacking to moving forward will increase your Tension Gauge. You can tell about how much Tension you have by its color.
0% - 25%: Blue
25% - 50%: Green
50% - 75%: Orange
75% - 100%: Red
100%: Gold

Penalties:
Tension gain will be decreased by 80% after certain actions, for a small amount of time. These actions are after using Faultless Defense(1 second), after Roman Cancels, Blitz Shields, or Dead Angle Attacks(4 seconds), or after going into Negative Penalty(10 seconds.)

Tension gain will also slowly drop if you continually run away or stand still.
Offensive Mechanics
Throws
Press the H button while holding forward or backward when near the opponent. Can be done in the air.
Throws have no startup in GG. They're good, but you will get baited if you're not smart about it.

Overdrive Attacks:
These are your character's super attacks. Most Overdrive Attacks cost 50% of your Tension Gauge, however there are some that require 100% of your Tension Gauge(not in Xrd at the moment).

Burst Overdrive Attacks:
New to Revelator, you can now also spend your burst on certain Overdrives and it will gain some buffs.

Instant Kill:
Instant Kills do exactly what they say, they instantly kill your opponent and that round will end. Instant Kills are more complicated than that though, in order to be able to use an Instant Kill you must first push P+K+S+H at the same time to enter the Instant Kill mode. In this mode your Tension Gauge is replaced by a red bar that will empty, if this bar empties all the way then you will still be in the Instant Kill mode but you will now lose Health over time.

If your Instant Kill misses or is blocked then you will leave the Instant Kill mode and lose your Tension Guage for the rest of the round.

New to Xrd, it is possible to combo into an Instant Kill, assuming certain requirements are met.
  • You need to be on match point.
  • The opponent's health must be flashing.
  • And you need at least 50% tension.

Roman Cancel:
Roman Cancels are very important to Guilty Gear and something similar to them can be found in many Arc System Works games. A Roman Cancel can be used to cancel most actions you can make in the game, they will return you to a neutral state while temporarily slowing down time for the opponent. There are three different kinds of Roman Cancels in Xrd, but they are all performed by pushing any combination of three attack buttons(excluding Dust.)

Yellow Roman Cancel:
This costs only 25% of your tension, has the least amount of slowdown, and 6 frames of startup. You will get a YRC when you go for a RC during the startup or early active frames of most attacks, as long as the opponent is not in Hitstun or Blockstun. You can also YRC while running around or even standing still.

Red Roman Cancel:
Costs 50% tension, has the most slowdown, and 1 frame of startup. You will get a RRC whenever you input a RC while the opponent is in Hitstun or Blockstun.

Purple Roman Cancel:
Costs 50% tension, has average slowdown, and 15 frames of startup. You will get a PRC whenever you input a RC during the late active frames or recovery of most attacks, as long as the opponent is not in Hitstun or Blockstun.

Some attacks can't be YRC/PRC'd, a red X will appear over your character if you attempt to RC these attacks.
Defensive Mechanics
Faultless Defense:
Faultless Defense is performed by holding back and pressing any combination of two attack buttons except H or D. Your character will be engulfed by a rotating green sphere and during this time you will negate chip damage, you and your opponent will be forced further apart from each other, you will not build R.I.S.K. Level, and you can block air unblockables. You will slowly lose Tension while using Faultless Defense and it cannot be used when you have 0% Tension.

Performing a Faultless Defense while running will cause your character to instantly stop in place.

Blitz Shield:
Press H and any other button, except D, while in a neutral state. Costs 25% tension. If you time it right, you will reject your opponent's attack and leave them open for an attack. However, keep in mind that the opponent can still try to Blitz Shield your attack while stunned.

New to Revelator, you can now hold Blitz for a charge attack.

Dead Angle Attacks:
Dead Angle Attacks are a guard cancel attack that can be performed in blockstun by holding forward and pressing any two attack buttons excluding Dust.

Bursts:
There are two different Bursts, a Gold Burst and a Blue Burst, both performed by pressing D plus any other attack button. After performing a Burst you will be unable to use another one until your Burst Icon refills. You will also be unable to burst when you are staggered, thrown, being hit by an Overdrive Attack, or your character is dizzied.
  1. You will perform a Gold Burst as long as you are not in any defensive state. If the Gold Burst lands you will instantly gain 100% Tension. If the Gold Burst misses then you will be invulnerable to everything except air throws until you land. You will be left with 20% of your Burst Icon filled after a Gold Burst.
  2. You will perform a Blue Burst if you are in a defensive state(Blocking, getting hit.) A Blue Burst will free you from a combo if it lands, however you will be vulnerable until you land and recover. If the Blue Burst lands then you will be left with 20% of your Burst Icon filled, but you will be left with 0% if it misses.
Misc.
Negative Penalty:
Negative Penalty is designed to keep the game active and interesting. It will activate only if you do nothing but run away, backdashing, jumping backwards, air backdashing, and standing still doing nothing will add up and eventually a warning will show up on the Tension Gauge, continue and Negative Penalty will activate and you will lose all of your current Tension.

Negative Penalty will not prevent you from playing keep away, because any form of constant contact with your opponent will be enough to keep you out of Negative Penalty.

Danger Time:
Danger Time may activate randomly during any clash. During this time will get a Mortal Counter when an attack lands, which will deal more damage and cause slowdown similar to a Roman Cancel.
Videos:

Hitconfirm's [Guilty Gear XX Accent Core] Complete Tutorial:
This is a very well made tutorial for GGXXAC and I recommend that everyone that wants to play AC+R watch it.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I83GsQGg6U
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73lLNTkEALQ

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Trailer 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGPhKu3jNg
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Trailer 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5pkaWp8Xso
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- TGS 2014 Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h5gPKzlyqw

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Was gonna suggest you add Hitconfirm's guide, but you already did! Good stuff, nice OP. Might actually pick this game up if it gets somewhat of a following. Time to see if I can still hit mist cancels :v

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Subbed!

Forgot to mention this earlier: Rutger, I don't think you included in the OP that you can also use the Dust attacks in the air as well. They give characters access to another kind of aerial attack with different properties, like wallbounce on a counterhit (WHO CAN FORGET SOL'S OLD, PRE-AC SIDEWINDER LOOP).

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Subbed!

Forgot to mention this earlier: Rutger, I don't think you included in the OP that you can also use the Dust attacks in the air as well. They give characters access to another kind of aerial attack with different properties, like wallbounce on a counterhit (WHO CAN FORGET SOL'S OLD, PRE-AC SIDEWINDER LOOP).

Smooth Criminal
I've always thought of j.D to be just another air attack honestly, since it doesn't have a universal effect like 5D/2D, but I'll add it to Dust.

There's still a lot of other things I need to add, I know I forgot Negative Penalty as well.

I'm going to go ahead and add the current changelist here, things will probably change throughout the Loketests. Found on the Dustloop.

[COLLAPSE="Current Changelist"]Main changes as listed on the character pages + those seen on the video :

Axl :

- P, 2P, 6K, 2S, 2HS, jump 6P, jump S : you can now chose to have 2 hits by maintaining the button
- 63214 HS : FRC removed
- 4 (charge) 6 D : New FB
- 5P, 6K new gatling

ABA :

- Goku moroha mode : damage up, damage penalty from self hits reduced, longer duration, more powerful overall
- 236 D in moroha or goku moroha : more hits, travel distance increased
- 5H, 2H new gatling
- 5H getting vacuum second hit
- Moroha mode gauge now above tension gauge

Anji Mito :

- 6HS : FRC changed to be just before the move hits.
- FB ON , 623D : New FB move, FRC possible right after the move hits.
- 2H, 6H new gatling
- 6H now special cancellable
- FB ****su (236D) travels farther

I-no :

- FB note, 214D : New FB move, FRC possible right after startup, sends 2 notes
- Can now airdash twice

Venom :

- 6HS : now possible to gatling into from close S.
- FB stinger aim : balls pushed with this move can now bounce several times on the floor and screen borders.
- FB carcass raid : same as above

Order Sol :

- Charge gauge : When using a move the gauge depletes slower
- Dragon Install Sakkai (632146S) : Tension cost became 50% instead of 100%
- Lvl 2+(?) 236P has walllstick
- Lvl 2+(?) 236K has groundslide

Ky Kiske :

- New move 3HS : Same as the old 6HS pre AC.
- New move, S raging Javelin : New S followup after vapor thrust
- 222HS : FRC now possible just after the move hits
- 214D FB greed saber : new FB
- Lightning Sphere 214D followup after charged stun edge : command changed to 4D after CSE.
- Charge Drive now wall sticks

Kliff Undersn :

- 214K : FRC now possible just before the move hits
- 214P : has new FB D followup, instant stun (?)
- More damage from 6H max charged ?

Zappa :

- 236H (sword mode) : FRC now possible right after landing (that's what the site says, maybe a typo there or they're talking about the aerial move I dunno)
- 236S (Raoh mode) : now possible airbone
- 214S (Raoh mode) : now possible airbone
- Icons added for each summon
- 632146H gives one orb per hit

Eddie :

- 236D : Possible to recover eddie gauge over the normal limit with this move, bar becomes pink over blue, command changed to 214D.
- Amorphous causes float (?)
- Eddie gauge moved above tension bar

Justice :

- 22 + button : added P, K and D version possible to roman cancel each of them, command changed from 421 + button.
- Detonation of 22 + button : command changed from P to whatever button you used to trigger the move.
- 623 K : command changed from 412K
- 41236 HS : S version added, now possible airbone
- Gamma ray : FRC added, timing is right after the first hit.
- 236D now causes wallbounce

Jam :

- Not sure to understand everything here but it seems that her powered up special kick moves followups after certain moves can now be done with D button and without any need of followup.

Johnny :

- 214H : Glitter is gold, New move
- 236236H (airbone) : New overdrive

Slayer :

- 632146P : FRC added right before hit and causes ground bounce
- 63214H : command changed to 632146H
- 214H : new move, HS Dandy step
- 214D : new move, FB Dandy step
- 5H causes sliding

Sol Badguy :

- 41236H : return of the old tensionless fafnir, possible to cancel into.
- Tyrant rave (fafnir followup after H or D fafnir) : command changed to 64D from 46D
- 214K (airbone) during dragon install : new move. I guess it's VV's followup, doesn't need to be done as a followup anymore during dragon install apparently.
- 236D airbone : new FB sidewinder
- Clean hit added on Bandit Bringer ?

Chipp Zanuff :

- New FB alpha blade added. Command is D during 236P, causes wallstick
- 623D : new FB beta blade, multiple hit uppercut
- 41236D : new FB gamma blade, holds opponent longer
- HS, alpha blade now combos

Dizzy :

- 421D : New FB move, FB version of 421S (3 homing blades)
- K fish bites 3 times
- Fish laser causes wall stick
- Text above tension bar indicates if not possible to summon fish

Testament :

- Zeinest (web) : command changed to 623P
- Hitomi (tree) : command changed to 623K
- New move (Ruft Warrant ?) : command is 22 P or K
- New FB phantom soul : command is 236D
- EXE beast chargeable to be held in place and come out later

Baiken :

- Youshijin : new command is 623P not possible as guard cancel anymore but only as a normal special move.
- Return of the "wheel counter" command is 214P while on guard
- 63214K : now possible to do guard cancels during the last half of the animation
- 236K hits twice, knockdown on second hit

Faust :

- FB door added, D after 214K
- New thrown items : konbu (eatable) and dumbbell (high ?)

Bridget :

- 6K : now possible to cancel into yoyo or any special move
- 214D : is now homing towards the enemy, causes wall stick

Potemkin :

- 236S : FRC added right after the earthquake comes out
- Hammerfall (written as 4 charge 6 S, command changed ?) : FRC timing is later
- 63214D : P followup added, cancels the animation of judge gauntlet
- Slide head causes groundbounce instead of knockdown
- 6H causes wallbounce

Millia Rage :

- New 2H airbone : return of the pre slash old jump HS
- 236D : FRC added right after the jumping animation
- 214D : New FB secret garden.
- 214S-D : causes wallstick

May :

- 41236D : New FB version of dolphin summon, appears behind opponent
- 623S or HS : possible to followup vertical and horizontal dolphin with restive rolling through this command
- Dolphin level for 41236+ button appears above tension gauge
- 5H has dash cancel ?

Robo-Ky :

- 623H : now possible airbone, FRC possible just as the ground version.
- 2H missile now comes back down towards opponent after a while
- 2S while heat superior than 80% hits twice and lauches
[/COLLAPSE]

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
So this is the version that's coming out on PSN/Xbox Live.
Sweet, I can dig a new version of GG.

I need to get used to the X2 way of things/characters, I'm still set in my GGX ways. FRC's still go over my head though, I'm fine with Roman Cancels but FRC's are dumb...

... like Venom.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hmmm who to use for this game... Probably the main character like I always do. Sol ftw.

Seriously I play Ragna in BlazBlue, Arcueid in MeltyBlood, Siegfried in Soul Calibur, Sonic in Brawl (main character of his own series?), list goes on lol.

So hype for this though. It'll be fun to learn.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Not sure if I'll be picking up any new characters in this revision. I already have my hands full with the characters I know or somewhat know how to play.
I hope this game doesn't change anything drastically in the end (flip flopping tiers). I'm hoping it's more along the lines of fine tuning AC like they said their goal is.

Some buffs I'm liking (Dizzy's K Fish biting 3 times), and some are a little odd at the moment until I see more of it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm messing around in GG seriously for once, because I'm terrible at this game and I think I should try to get some practice in before Plus R comes out.

I created a silly Chipp Dust combo.
5D, j.D, JC j.D, JC j.D, JC j.D, JC j.S, j.H, 623S

It does I believe 156 vs Sol. I could no doubt do much better if I was good, but it's fun trying things out. :3

I think I finally have the will to improve in this game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Been looking through some of the changes for this loketest. Venom lost his 6P 6HS gatling. :(
There are some other nerfs that I'm not liking at the moment like on Millia and so forth.

vZakat

Half Genie
Here's quoting a post that summarizes everything so far.
Teyah said:
Okay, I've updated Dream Maker's original change list to add in a bunch of changes as seen in the trailer (in bold), as well as all of the loketest notes (in italics) to distinguish from the other, confirmed changes.

Main changes as listed on the character pages + those seen on the video + those reported on loketests:

Overall changes:

- Game engine now has 4 frames of inherent lag due to 720p output on modern arcade boards/consoles.
- Health bar is now green when full, and changes and stays at orange when you take any damage.
- Combo counter now shows which hit was techable for black beat combos.
- Stun/stagger meter added below the joystick waggling icon, shows how much stun is left.
- Slashback has longer hitstop (was 2F) which makes it more realistic to SB multi-hit moves (eg. Dark Angel).
- Slashback failure penalty changed - instead of being unable to block for 30F, guard guage increases instead.
- Doing an IB in the air causes a "Guard Clean" (?)

A.B,A:

- Goku Moroha mode: damage up, damage penalty from hits landed reduced, longer duration, more powerful overall.
- 236D FB fireball in Moroha or Goku Moroha: more hits, travel distance increased.
- 5H now gatlings to 2H.
- 5H now vacuums in on second hit, has slower startup, cannot be comboed from far 5S.
- Moroha mode gauge moved to be above tension gauge
- Now has 4 bloodpacks, up from 3.
- Can't do double Keygrab anymore

Anji Mito:

- 6HS: FRC changed to be just before the move hits.
- FB On (623D): New FB, FRC possible right after the move hits, not possible to combo after (yet).
- 2H, 6H new gatling, combos on crouching hit only.
- 6H is now special cancellable.
- FB Butterfly (236D) travels farther.
- K Stomp (214K) causes a smaller ground bounce.
- Fuujin (236S/H) has shorter untechable time.
- 3S cancel is easier.
- Close 5S increases the guard gauge more.
- 3K no longer floats opponent

Axl:

- P, 2P, 6K, 2S, 2HS, jump 6P, jump S: you now hold the button to get the 2nd hit of each move.
- Raieisageki (63214H): FRC removed.
- FB Kyokusageki added, 4 (charge) 6 D, has vacuum effect. Combos after 5H, but not after 2D.
- 5P-6K is now possible as a gatling.
- Axl Bomber no longer hits overhead.
- 623P counter on CH causes a different wall bounce.
- Rensengeki followup upwards (charge 4, 6S, then up) hitbox modified, can combo from CH trades.
- Close 5S looks different

Baiken:

- Youshijin: new command is 623P, not possible as guard cancel anymore but only as a normal special move.
- Zakuro: Return of the "wheel counter" from GGX / EX mode, command is 214P while guarding. Seems very fast, but not possible to combo afterwards.
- Suzuran (run): now possible to do guard cancels during the last part of the animation. Recovery time seems longer.
- Tatami (236K): hits twice, knockdown on second hit. Wall bounce on first hit.
- Air Tatami (j.236K): Hits twice; if you hit with it below the opponent, 2nd hit whiffs and you can continue to combo. Knocks down in a down-forward direction unless wall is close, then it wallbounces.
- j.D FRC has changed

Bridget:

- 6K: now possible to cancel on hit into yoyo or any special move.
- FB Roger Rush (236D): is now homing towards the enemy, causes wall stick.

Chipp Zanuff:

- FB Alpha Blade: New FB, command is D at the end of 236P (similar to Alpha Plus), causes wall stick.
- FB Beta Blade: New FB, command is 623D, does two uppercuts: first one does 1 hit, second one does 3 hits.
- FB Gamma Blade (41236D): new FB, holds opponent longer than normal Gamma Blade.

Dizzy:

- New FB version of Spear (421D), 3 homing blades.
- K fish and followup bites 3 times.
- Fish laser (214S) causes wall stick.
- Text above tension bar (BIT NG) indicates if it's not possible to summon fish

Eddie:

- FB Exhaustion (236D): Possible to recover eddie gauge over the normal limit with this move, command changed to 214D. Adds another full Eddie gauge, ~46 frames total. Only recovers gauge if the shadow gauge is onscreen. Is cancellable.
- Executor (first hit) causes extra long knockdown state.
- Shadow gauge moved above tension bar.
- Shadow gauge seems to remain on screen, even when full, for some time. First level of bar is blue, second level (when charged with FB EXhaustion) is purple.

- FB Drill Special (22D) has longer recovery; cannot combo 5P after -D- + 22D unblockable.
- Nobiru (Shadow S) no longer hits sliding opponents, possible hitbox change.
- Damned Fang (623S command throw): Possible FRC removal or timing change.
- Shadow gauge refill is slower, both on unsummon and if shadow is hit.
- Unblockables still work as usual.
- 6P and Shadow Gallery nerfed (?)

Faust:

- FB door added, D after 214K.
- New thrown items: konbu (eatable, recovers HP) and dumbbell (high stun, causes knockdown).
- Coin item can now hit while bouncing on the ground.
- 5K CH doesn't knock the enemy away anymore.
- Pan item now hits 1 screen away

I-No:

- FB Note (214D): New FB, FRC possible right after startup, sends 2 notes (one up, one across).
- Can now airdash twice.
- Horizontal Chemical Love causes wall bounce.

Jam:

- Can do the powered up versions of kick specials directly (using D) if you have the power up cards, no need to perform as followups anymore.
- FB Charge (22D): Now gives one card of each.
- 6H no longer wall sticks, causes knockdown instead.
- FB Puffball no longer wall sticks, causes knockdown instead. Possibly slower startup.

Johnny:

- Coin (214H): New move, coin is thrown upwards with same trajectory as ground throw. Is not an overhead. Causes knockdown on air hit.
- j.236236H: New overdrive, looks similar to EX Johnny's.
- Divine Transport (623S) trajectory changed.
- Diving Blade changed(?).
- Mist (214P) is released quicker.
- Can double jump after a super jump (?)

Justice:

- Is intended to be balanced / tourney legal.
- Is no longer able to ground dash, triple jump, or triple airdash.
- N.B. (missiles): command changed from 421 + button to 22 + button, added P, K and D version, possible to roman cancel each of them.
- Detonation of N.B.: command changed from P to whatever button you used to trigger the move.
- Strike Back Tail: command changed from 412K to 623K.
- Michael Blade (41236H): S version added, now possible airborne.
- Gamma ray: FRC added, timing is right after the first hit.
- Forcebreak 236D now causes wall bounce instead of wall stick.
- Valkyrie Arc (236P, counter stance) doesn't work on lows.

Kliff Undersn:

- Is intended to be balanced / tourney legal.
- Sword vault (214K): FRC now possible just before the move hits.
- Dodge (214P): has new FB D followup, instant stun, Kliff has long 'coughing' recovery animation.
- 5K: Now launches.
- 2H: Now ground bounces, now gatlings to 5H.
- 6H can now be charged, does more damage. Special/super cancel removed.
- Reflex Roar (236236S): Now causes wall stick instead of wall bounce

Ky Kiske:

- New move 3HS: Same as the old 6H pre-AC.
- New move, S raging Javelin: New S followup after vapor thrust, causes wall stick.
- Lightning (222HS): FRC now possible just after the move hits.
- FB Greed Sever (214D): new FB, 28 frame startup, causes ground bounce.
- Lightning Sphere 214D followup after charged stun edge: command changed to 4D after CSE.
- Charge Drive (236D~214D~46D) now wall sticks.
- FB Lightning Orb (236D~D) sucks opponent down more when it hits an aerial opponent.

May:

- 41236D: New FB version of dolphin summon, appears behind opponent.
- Now possible to followup vertical and horizontal dolphin with Restive Rolling (623S and 623H).
- Dolphin level for 41236+ button appears above tension gauge.
- Overhead Kiss (63214K command grab): Startup: 5F -> ~30F, May now runs forward during startup, looks the same as running animation
- Close 5S, 5H gatling on airborne opponent no longer works.

Millia Rage:

- New j.2H: return of the old jump H from pre-Slash. Is harder to combo into.
- j.236D: FRC point added ~8-9F after input.
- FB Secret Garden: New FB, command is 214D, ~76F total recovery.
- FB Longinus (214S~D): now causes wall stick instead of sliding.
- Harder to combo after throws.
- j.K-j.D no longer combos, possibly due to slower j.D.
- FB Disc (236D) has longer recovery, disc now disappears if Millia is hit during the move (previously only disappeared if she was hit within first 3F).
- j.D causes ground slide if they touch the ground (?), previously caused slide only on CH.
- Additional time added before you can retrieve Pin (j.214S/H).

Order Sol:

- Charge gauge: When using a move the gauge depletes slower.
- Dragon Install Sakkai (632146S): Tension cost became 50% instead of 100%.
- Lvl 2 Blockhead Buster (236P) now causes wall stick instead of stagger.
- Lvl 2 Bandit Revolver (236K) now causes sliding instead of knockdown,
has longer startup.
- Air Lvl 2 Bandit Revolver (j.236K) untechable time decreased, no longer knocks down after air combos.
- Lvl 2 Rock It doesn't cause ground bounce, knocks down now.
- Lvl 1 and Lvl 3 specials are still the same.
- 2D apparently has shorter range.
- Can (still) dodge Slide Head with FD

Potemkin:

- Slide Head: FRC added right after the earthquake comes out, possible to combo after.
- Slide head causes groundbounce instead of knockdown, enemy enters normal OTG state after, full combos no longer possible unless you FRC.
- Hammerfall (Charge 4,6 S(?)): FRC timing is later.
- FB Judge Gauntlet (63214D): P followup added, cancels the animation of judge gauntlet.
- 6H causes wall bounce.
- j.S causes knockdown on air CH, otherwise knocks down.
- Megafist (236P, 214P) causes knock down.

Robo-Ky:

- 623H: Now possible airborne, FRC possible just as the ground version.
- 2H missile: Now comes back down towards opponent after a while.
- 2S: Hits twice and launches when heat gauge is over 80%.

- Currently has a bug that crashes the game if you do 2H missile the moment he overheats.

Slayer:

- Undertow: FRC added right before hit and causes ground bounce.
- Bite: command changed from 63214H to 632146H.
- New move, HS Dandy step (214H), Is like S Dandy Step but goes farther (about 2/3 of screen).
- New move, FB Dandy step (214D).
- 5H causes sliding now instead of stagger, still possible to do 5H into Pile Bunker.
- 2H now causes stagger now instead of launch, still combos into BBU.
- 2S has faster startup.
- 2D has a little more recovery.

Sol Badguy:

- Fafnir (41236H): return of the old tensionless fafnir, possible to special cancel into. Combos from far S CH, 5H, and 2D. Does not have the old FRC timing.
- FB Fafnir (41236D): possible to special cancel into, combos from 2D, causes sliding on Clean Hit.
- Tyrant Rave (fafnir followup after H or D fafnir): command changed to 64D from 46D.
- FB Sidewinder (j.236D): New move, always has Clean Hit property. Seems to have a really good hitbox.
- Bandit Bringer: Clean hit property added.
- 214K (airborne) during Dragon Install: new move. Same animation as VV followup kick, has flames, hits overhead, causes groundbounce. Can be looped, has minimum height requirement.

Testament:

- Hitomi (tree): command changed to 623S, can be done with 236S(?)
- Zeinest (web): command changed to 623H, can be done with 236H(?)
- Ruft Warrant: New move, command is 22 P or K. Doesn't hit, is only a warp.
- New FB phantom soul: command is 236D, tracks opponent.
- EXE beast - Can be held to hit after it is summoned. Can summon one while the other is charging. Both have FRCs Can still be done instantly, does 2 hits total.
- 6K hitbox appears to be smaller.
- Bad Lands range decreased, untechable time is apparently shorter, Bad Lands can no longer be looped

Venom:

- 5Sc now gatlings into 6H.
- FB stinger aim: no longer freezes balls in place, balls pushed with this move can now bounce several times on the floor and screen borders.
- FB carcass raid: same as above.
- 6P no longer gatlings into 6H.
- 6H has faster startup

Zappa:

- j.236H (sword mode): FRC now possible right after landing, now knocks enemy up on hit for followup combos.
- Darkness Anthem (236S, Raoh mode): now possible airborne.
- Last Edguy (214S, Raoh mode): now possible airborne.
- Icons added above tension bar for each summon.
- 632146H gives one orb per hit, maximum of 4 orbs.
- Smaller chance to summon Dog (?)
- When Dog gets hit in neutral state, he sleeps.
- Sword 2H stays in place for a bit after the animation

If some of this info is wrong, let me know and I'll revise.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not sure what to think about the new Slashback. I'm glad that it has longer hitstop, but I'm just hoping the new penalty change doesn't make people spam Slashbacks more. I do like how it builds a lot of guard meter when it misses but now you're able to block after a missed slashback.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think someone said three and then your guard is flashing.

It will certainly change things, but I don't know if spam will be a major issue. It's not finalized yet either.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
spam slashbacks more? dude slashbacks are pretty rare/advanced lol..
I didn't mean that it was used often in AC. lol
Guess I should be more careful on what I type.

Hearing that 3 whiffed SBs makes your guard bar flash though sounds like a balanced penalty.
I did like how there was a cool down time on blocking before, but I'm fine with this.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Dizzy?

She seems kind of like Mu somewhat.

And I don't just mean their lack of clothing. :3

I know that feeling though, but I think I've managed to settle on three characters.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Probably going to end up maining "random" again like I did in Midnight Carnival, playing everyone in the cast except for I-no and Zappa.

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Chipp, Johnny, and Baiken I'm thinking.

Still a bit up in the air since I've added Baiken very recently, but Chipp and Johnny are staying.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'll be on PSN for this. Dedicated Baiken main, but Jam, ABA, Anji and Robo-Ky interest me as well.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Chipp, Johnny, and Baiken I'm thinking.

Still a bit up in the air since I've added Baiken very recently, but Chipp and Johnny are staying.
I was thinking Chipp and Johnny. I thought your 3rd would've been Slayer or something.

I'll still main Ky and Dizzy, and my secondary is Venom. I kinda use Millia, Sol, and Jam. I-NO also just for those HCL FRC combos.
I want to learn Order Sol sometime though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sol, Order Sol, Ky and Faust. Maybe Dizzy.

Heck I don't know who to start with. But fingers crossed that I don't wind up maining the main character again. I don't know why, I just gravitate to those types. And it's not because of their ease of use (Arcueid's pretty tough at high level gameplay in Melty and F/UC in general is...broken lol).

Knowing me though, I'll likely use Sol, hahah.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I used to play Faust mostly, but I was thinking about switching it up a bit. I can already do Baiken's FRCs, and she has like, one combo, so that's not that difficult. I was fiddling around with Anji a bit, and he's pretty fun. Love dat butterfly oki~

I was also thinking about trying out Jam, because puffballs.

Dizzy?

She seems kind of like Mu somewhat.

And I don't just mean their lack of clothing. :3
Haha, I know what you mean. They're somewhat similar. Instead of just lasers, I get fish with lasers!

I see you playing Bridget, Dizzy, or possibly A.B.A.
Hmm, I'll have to give those characters a try again, thanks! A.B.A is pretty baller. :3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The HCL FRC is probably one of the most rigorous things I have ever practiced in a fighting game! It's a great feeling when you are able to get it down for the first time!
It definitely is. I can't do them in real matches consistently though, haha.
Sol, Order Sol, Ky and Faust. Maybe Dizzy.

Heck I don't know who to start with. But fingers crossed that I don't wind up maining the main character again. I don't know why, I just gravitate to those types. And it's not because of their ease of use (Arcueid's pretty tough at high level gameplay in Melty and F/UC in general is...broken lol).

Knowing me though, I'll likely use Sol, hahah.
You main Shirou or something, right?

I can see you using Sol. Order Sol is pretty fun but not as brain dead. Lots of Sols go autopilot and just want that command grab into Sidewinder loops. His FRCs are easy, imo, and the most difficult thing about him is probably Grand Viper clean hits.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was thinking Chipp and Johnny. I thought your 3rd would've been Slayer or something.
I haven't thought about Slayer that much, but the things he is able do look really fun.

I'm interested in Baiken's tools right now though, so I'll be trying her out. Maybe I'll try Slayer if Baiken doesn't work out or if I get bored enough.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I am really excited for this game ^__^. I only wish that they would announce a release date so I don't have to wait in agony for one to be announced X__X. I've never played Guilty Gear before, but I would love to get a chance to try it out.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You main Shirou or something, right?

I can see you using Sol. Order Sol is pretty fun but not as brain dead. Lots of Sols go autopilot and just want that command grab into Sidewinder loops. His FRCs are easy, imo, and the most difficult thing about him is probably Grand Viper clean hits.
Funny enough I went through the same thing I did with Calamity Trigger. Mained Jin because I was a scrubby Ice Car spammer and then I switched to Noel. Then I really found my footing with combos and proper use with Ragna.

In F/UC I began as a Saber main and now I main Archer and Shirou (may as well count as just maining Emiya. :p).

Well regardless of what route I go in Guilty Gear, Sol will probably be in my list.

Lovage

Smash Hero
never comprehended all the blaz blue players are prolly gonna be playing this ****, that's sick, i hope online is legit as hell.

btw ^ above dude don't play baiken she's hella boring and campy!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
She's only "hella boring and campy" if you don't like playing turtle characters. Which some people do.

Thinking about picking up A.B.A. It's a pretty big time investment though, and I'm willing to bet there's going to be some really sucky match-ups against zoners. Oh well, we'll see.

My problem is that there are too many cool characters in this game, so I can't narrow it down! D:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
She looks fun to me.

Besides, not like she will be my main.

It's Chipp first.

Top Bottom