• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Random select?

The four gear's cogs could be potential spots.
I will not like it if that's where they place random select. Even ignoring my fanboying over Valentine, I just don't like how asymmetrical it looks when there isn't a character in that spot. :|
Though I wouldn't be surprised if it does work as a random select right now.

Also, that gear is spinning.
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16395-Xrd-News-(Theoretical)-Gameplay-Discussion/page293&p=1597593&viewfull=1#post1597593

Can't....wait....
But I wonder where Dizzy is?
Still frozen I guess?

I wouldn't be surprised if she became console DLC, along with Bridget because of that poll a while back. What better characters to ask money for?
http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/vote_guiltygear/

Though I also wouldn't be surprised if Dizzy was a console exclusive instead, for the same reason.

Last edited:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Man, the thing that's always kind of weirded me out is like y'know, who Dizzy's parents are, lol. Like, I mean I don't want to necessarily go there but...wtf?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The loketest has started. :3

Valentine is a boss right now, so all but confirmed playable. She sounds pretty interesting.

valentine is stage 8 opponent for may in japan
valentine impressions: brown white hair, white mantle, 2 big sword looking weapons with katana handles that also have a pistol grip feature also floating behind both shoulders, small black and white ball things also floating around her
gameplay: step dash, mainly attacks with the floating swords, several fang-like attacks with her feet and mantle sleeves, appears to have what looks like a command throw that can be combo'd off of, has 3 overdrives
overdrives: 1. a lunging/charging attack 2. floating sword spins horizontally(note: if not immediately teched on air hit, it will otg for 52 hits) 3. gamma ray-esque overdrive that is charged for about 3 seconds

other stuff:
may's ch 6p>6p>c.s>5hs>stuff didnt dizzy
sin appears in the opening of sol's arcade mode
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16395-Xrd-News-(Theoretical)-Gameplay-Discussion/page296&p=1598516&viewfull=1#post1598516

some more stuff from twitter posts:
general stuff: there's throw teching(?), 6 colors playable
zato(let's make him the king again): s and hs drills>kagedamari>nobiru combos even off normal hit, s drill>6p worked
slayer: ch j.hs does not float, ch it's late floats, ch it's late>6hs>pilebunker>rc>6hs>pilebunker(dizzy), 6hs>pilebunker>SLASH!(good old slayer)
may: ch 6p>6p>c.s>5hs>stuff did not stun, overhead kiss changed from 63214 to 632146(lots of crying about this one)
millia: chroming rose startup is slower, new 6hs 2 hit move 2nd hit is a high, arcade mode last boss is zato
faust: arcade mode last boss is zato
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16395-Xrd-News-(Theoretical)-Gameplay-Discussion/page297&p=1598539&viewfull=1#post1598539

slayer: cant combo bite into bite at all it seems, but it adds a lot to stun gauge, 6-7 bites to dizzy
pot: can dust>forward launch>hammerfall in corner, 6k wallsticks on air hit?
zato: tk gallery 2nd hit knockdown midscreen and wallbound in corner now so no more relaunch into 2nd rep of nobiru>tk gallery and drill special unblockable setups off it, however can combo tk gallery>j.k>j.h>j.d, s drill>tk gallery confirmed on millia in the corner, 2hs>5d new gatling, arcade mode last boss is valentine
sol: decreased chip damage from DI tyrant rave, raw DI tyrant rave does 60% on sol
bedman: 2s>sweep gone, 2hs untech time decreased, longer hemijack startup and recovery(?), task b>hemijack easily beaten with volcanic viper, longer reach on 5hs, task b does fewer hits, task a got nerfed(the guy doesnt specify) arcade mode last boss is valentine
millia: 2hs and j.d untech time decreased, hs disc has longer startup and might have fewer active frames, j.hs has large knockback on hit
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16395-Xrd-News-(Theoretical)-Gameplay-Discussion/page297&p=1598553&viewfull=1#post1598553

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
As a Chipp main, I don't think I need to say how I feel about the Slayer matchup.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I was actually always bothered by the Potemkin matchup more. Dashing around, tossing the knife, hair car-ing,and busting out disc combos and secret garden to try and keep him away most of the round, then die in 2 hits.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was actually always bothered by the Potemkin matchup more. Dashing around, tossing the knife, hair car-ing,and busting out disc combos and secret garden to try and keep him away most of the round, then die in 2 hits.
It was believing you until I reached this part :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, Livewire. In case you didn't know, discs/Tandem Tops (?) are used largely for Millia'a okie setups. She's one of the scariest characters in the game because once she knocks you down, she controls the flow of the match from wakeup with unblockable setups and mixups through the use of her discs/Tandem Top.

Smooth Criminal

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lmao, I worded it wrong, since I'd use them as enders, but be that as it may, the rest of it and dying in practically two hits is very much true and kinda "uhhh...". Hey, at least I didn't go into getting teleport happy with Faust to try and get around it.

Edit: Also, to clear it up, I was referring to the Super, that shoots more than one, instead of the actual special move.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
What's wrong with getting teleport happy?

There's a little bit more info on Valentine.
She got to 2 small creatures (like GGX2's valentine's bloon creature) one is black and the other is white, each of them hold a giant sword, her dash is like azreal from bbCP, she can send her swords and put them in different positions. I think u can control each of them separately, u can send both and go into no sword mode or something not sure what happens to her moves when she has 1 or no swords. I think she's similar to BB's litchi.
She's the final boss for sol and ky, in their ending u see in a fight intro fashion sol and ky standing in front of her both of them in fighting stance, and behind them is SIN and he's also in fighting stance, he looks the same as in GGX2:overture.
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...sion/page302&p=1598963&viewfull=1#post1598963

There's more info on other characters around there, I think it's just Ky, Slayer, and Axl, but it's all over the place. :/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm not sure what to think of Danger Time, I'll have to see it more once the game is out.

Valentine Ramlethal/Ramletherl looks interesting. She looks like a puppet user, but it also looks like she is stuck in an animation for most of the time when her swords spin in the air. It looks like her sword attacks need to be placed first, but can she activate any of them during an attack? I'm not sure if she started the sword slashes that won the match before or during her attack that works like Baiken's j.D or Kokonoe's j.C(looks like she can angle that attack too.)
A one minute video as a boss is not enough to get a good idea of her playstyle. :(

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/14/nes...rasu-skullgirls-and-blazblue-chronophantasma/

New Xrd(and BB) footage!

Potemkin vs. Millia
Venom vs. Axl
Slayer vs. Ky
Sol vs. Ky
Faust vs. Ky
Axl vs. Ky
May vs. Ky
Ky vs. Axl

Axl is looking silly with those fullscreen chains, but it looks like you'll hit him if you hit the chains. His stage is amazing.

I've been thinking about picking up Millia or Slayer as a sub since I don't have Johnny or Baiken. I've been playing them in AC lately, they're fun.
Or Valentine.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Damn you Rutger you baka

Someone needs to make a "Deal With It" gif of Chipp's win pose. I'm gonna be all over those streams like white on rice the next couple days.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So, that little vote Chipp flyer that falls down when he wins, with an image of Chipp with his glasses and in a suit.

Yeah, I need that as an alternate costume.

Anyways, the game looks great. It's going to be a tough wait until I can play it on my PS3, but I'm looking forward to seeing more match videos soon.
I liked what I saw of Chipp in that stream, first impressions are good.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just checked Twitter and seen some folks flipping over Slayer damage. I am excited for vampire scumbaggery.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The game looks super fun. The only qualms I have are RCs doing time slow (I don't mind for YRCs and PRCs) and also Danger Time.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Danger Time seems largely pointless, but I think I can live with it.

I don't think I have a problem with RRC slowing time, if I wanted any to have no slow down I would choose the PRC since those are supposed to be the "bad" RC from what I've read(they happen during recovery).
I may be wrong, but I believe it was said that Red has the longest amount of slow down, followed by Yellow, then Purple. I can't find where I read that though.

Anyways, I don't really have any big complaints right now, it's looking, and sounding really good imo.

Hahaha, Holy Orders III plays when Ky's ponytail comes undone.
And he mentions Dizzy when he loses.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Some good level of play on this stream http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv169986855
I want to learn Potemkin.
Danger Time seems largely pointless, but I think I can live with it.

I don't think I have a problem with RRC slowing time, if I wanted any to have no slow down I would choose the PRC since those are supposed to be the "bad" RC from what I've read(they happen during recovery).
I may be wrong, but I believe it was said that Red has the longest amount of slow down, followed by Yellow, then Purple. I can't find where I read that though.

Anyways, I don't really have any big complaints right now, it's looking, and sounding really good imo.

Hahaha, Holy Orders III plays when Ky's ponytail comes undone.
And he mentions Dizzy when he loses.
I'm mostly in favor of no time slow on RRCs mainly because I loved using them as hard to react mixup options or frame traps.
I'm sure I'll adjust to the new version. YRCs I'm really interested in using.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm mostly in favor of no time slow on RRCs mainly because I loved using them as hard to react mixup options or frame traps.
I'm sure I'll adjust to the new version. YRCs I'm really interested in using.
That makes sense. Though I don't think the slowdown will affect those mixups, since the slowdown doesn't affect your character. However there is the little pose everyone does during a RC now, that delay will likely make mixups a little easier to react to.

I personally don't think that will be a big issue in the long run, but I can understand if people are disappointed with the RC pose.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Faust took two Potemkin Busters in a row at below 50% and was still kicking. He get a Guts boost or something?

Top Bottom