• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Isn't Hell Fire mode similar to Awakening in P4U? Maybe that kicked in or something.

;~; I still gotta watch these videos arrrrrg

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Faust took two Potemkin Busters in a row at below 50% and was still kicking. He get a Guts boost or something?
I've seen some people say that Gut has a larger impact all around. The game just came out so we don't have any real data though.
Isn't Hell Fire mode similar to Awakening in P4U? Maybe that kicked in or something.

;~; I still gotta watch these videos arrrrrg

Smooth Criminal
When you're in Hell Fire your Supers will do a lot more damage, however your opponent's IK activation becomes a super freeze, so you can get combo'd into an IK. I haven't seen anything said about a defense boost yet.
Wait...I'm confused...is there a Roman Cancek that doesn't slow down time, while there are others that do?
All RCs slow down time, once an attack connects with your opponent, time returns to normal. And of course, time will also return to normal after a set amount of time if no attack connect.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Thanks for the clarification, @ Rutger Rutger . Definitely an interesting wrinkle to the mechanics (I'm afraid of likening it to X-Factor). How exactly is it activated?

I really like what I see though.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
From what I can tell, the time slow down may be cubersome, but still allows mix up opportunity, except it just points it out to the opponent so they can have a split second to think about how to react to the mix up. Nice.

However, it can be used fairly fast from what I've seen.

Watch from 31:10. Axl vs Venom

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I really need Xrd's OST when it comes out. That guitar at the beginning in Sol vs Ky is so good.

I think I might stick with my PS3 for this one, Free PSN and continued consol support.

My man Ky is looking good. I still miss the lightning javelin, though. Wondering if he can still J.D twice.

Are jump installs still in this game?--know what...I'll check dustloop.

Last edited:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, yeah. He looks fun! I did play some Faust back in the day. No Anji makes it hard to choose. :(

At least it's coming out on PS3 too! I already have an arcade stick for that, so I'll probably stick with it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Good ol' Sol.

But I'm probably going to end up playing the **** out of everyone. #midnightcarnivalswag #PS3? #no, not PS3 #PS4 FOR DAYS

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I really like what I've seen of Ramlethal, looking forward to her becoming playable. I'll probably play her as a sub.

Chipp has combos into his wall cling alpha blade, it looks cool. I really like his new 623H attack, and find me looks really good now.

I really like what I've heard of the soundtrack. The Arcsys playlist on my iPod will be incomplete until I can get Xrd's OST.

I'll be sticking with PS3. I already have one and an arcade stick, and it has free netplay. I don't think Arcsys has ever made a really bad console port, so I'll trust that it will not play significantly worse than the PS4 port.

Are jump installs still in this game?--know what...I'll check dustloop.
Yes, Chipp still has to Jump Install to get his full 2HS > teleport air combo from what I've heard.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Can't say that I will. They were fun, but I'm not really losing anything with my main. Chipp's new 623HS is essentially the same as his only one in vanilla AC, but can now also be used as the second or third attack in his rekka, and lets him retain his air options while causing wall stick, all at no cost.

And if I'm lucky, when Johnny gets added I'll get to experience the fabled meterless Jackhound.
If I lose Jackhound, then I'll be sad about the loss of Force Breaks.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll miss Ky's j214D, 236D214D, and Dizzy's 421D the most. They were all really good FBs for my characters.

I for sure won't miss Eddie's 22D unless I'm playing Eddie

Last edited:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd say it'll be potentially hard to choose who I'll play, but...it'll likely come down to choosing between Faust, Millia, and Venom, and...I'll probably just wind up maining Millia again and subbing Faust because well...he's Faust, so why the hell not?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Damn, I just remembered Slayer doesn't have Big Bang Upper.
Okay, I kind of miss Force Breaks.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I officially dub Zato's massive shark summon as the Great Blob of **** You.

Seriously, that Zato player was stuffing so many people with it. You're going to approach? **** you. You're going to throw tuna dolphins at me? **** you. You're going to jump over me? **** you.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Bob's Eddie in the Mikado 3 on 3 was really good. I recommend people checking it out. Plus you get to see Heven's Venom and of course Nage's Faust.

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
I wish they would port plus R to the PC (xobox 360 died in battle) already. Its nearly been a year and a half and I have yet try out a.b.a's new gatling.

ALSO XRD OST WHEN? DAISUKE PLS.

I'll miss Ky's j214D, 236D214D, and Dizzy's 421D the most. They were all really good FBs for my characters.

I for sure won't miss Eddie's 22D unless I'm playing Eddie
God don't remind me about Ky. Those moves, Lightning Javelin (HS after Vapor Thrust), his dope-looking 222HS, his 46D after the ex sphere.

All this Guilty Gear makes me want to play Accent Core again. I'd the R+ patch out for PS3 yet?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Hopefully the PS3 can still run as well as the PS4 version, but I doubt it. It'd be a pain in the ass if I have to buy a new console because the PS3 version has issues.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I have no plans to dump my PS3 anytime soon. It's still looking like it's gonna be at least a year before I think "maybe I should pick up the PS4".

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
PS4 not playing PS3 games and games still being released and having at least 2-3 years left in the system is a reason not to get rid of a PS3.

Top Bottom