• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Eh, I wouldn't call it a joke, that would be putting it on the level of KoFXIII, unlike that game I have had plenty of playable matches in GG.

I just need to look for them, it can be hard since this game wasn't made with netplay in mind. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, Rutger. That was really fun. Netcode felt way better than BB to me.
I had a harder time against you in this game compared to other ones.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wow, I did not expect to play for that long.

GGs Minato. It felt like the neutral game was killing me the most, and you were playing a lot of characters, there was so much to adjust to. Your air throws were really good too, I'll need to add that into my game.

I happened to find a cable long enough to reach my router, so I have my PS3 on a wired connection now, if today was anything to go by then this might have been the solution to my internet problems. I can only hope because I can't think of anything else that might work now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think Dizzy has one of the better ground throws in the game while May has one of the best air throws. So that's something to be careful of.
Actually, May's pretty dumb in general, but I dropped my dolphin loops.

I couldn't get anything going with my Millia though.

Like most matchups, I didn't know what to do against your Chipp at first. I think I played too much to your pace at times which was giving me trouble. Once you get more combos down, I'm going to have lots of trouble.

And good to hear that might help your internet problems.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I had no idea what I was doing vs May. :054:

I'm working on combos, I have one that should work against most if not all of the cast, it cost 50% and gets 233 against Sol, but it's off of 6H so it will not happen too often. I need to look to see what good meterless combos I can find, as well as some 25% tension combos, there's a lot of things to look into.

Hit confirming in this game has been hell so far, everything is just so fast, it will take me some time to get used to it.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I was messing around in training mode for a bit, and I realized I really don't know any combos for Baiken, so I might as well just start learning Aba now. Expect me to be extra free from now on.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I got kinda interested in this game. Should I get it for the ps3 or the wii? What should I do if almost all of my FG experience is just from the VS games? Oh and should I get BB instead or is this better? I really like this games mechanics from what I've looked at, like bursts and roman cancels.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Get it for PS3. It's a much, much better port (re: damn near perfect). Not to mention that the Wii is kind of a no man's land for fighters atm (as Crusayer said).

Coming from VS games (like TvC)? Expect the game to be about as fast-paced (if not a little faster), but with much tighter execution.

As for getting BB over GG? I dunno, the ball's in your court there. I personally enjoy GG more because of the systems/mechanics and the roster, but BB's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. I say try both out and come to your own conclusions.

(If you have any further questions about BB, Lzr, head over to the Light House's BlazBlue thread.)

Smooth Criminal

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes I play TvC usually. There is only a sad little 3 man scene but the game is really good. I have played both GG and BB a bit and I find them both fun. Maybe I should find out which game is actually played around here.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, this thread and the revival of Accent Core kinda gets me sad. Not because I don't like Accent Core, because it's an awesome game, but because it makes me wish Capcom would do SFA3 Online or CVS2 Online. :c

Lovage

Smash Hero
cvs2 online would be dope, leave marvel 2 alone for another 10 years so people can actually appreciate it. that game will have a revival in 2015 i swear to you

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Good to see Chipp and Johnny are not getting hit hard, though Chipp's j.H getting initial prorate is a little sad.

Also, Teyah on Dustloop has done some testing with the native input delay between several versions of the game. I think it's interesting.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15586-GGXXAC-Input-Lag-Testing-Results

TL;DR version, arcades(emulated in this case) and PC #Reload run with a 2 frame delay, PS3 has a 3 frame delay, and PS2 & 360 have a 4 frame delay.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Anyone know if the newest version is available on EU PSN yet? I'm not home atm so I can't check, but I'm really interested. Anyone know when it's going to be released if not yet?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
How much room does the PSN version take up on the HDD lol?
I'm looking forward to Grand Viper spam learning the ins and outs of Baiken.

And I just read the thread title XD.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So, +R is on the Vita now, Japanese store only I believe.

No new info on the patch yet.
Does EU still not have AC+ on PSN?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So tempted to get the Japanese version on my Vita, but it sounds annoying to switch accounts on my Vita just for GG. If the US Vita version gets released before the console patch, I'll definitely get it.

D

Deleted member

^^^You literally beat me by like a few mins.

Get ready for the hypest ****! You think it'll be PS4? I heard ArcSys was working on an exclusive title for that console.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
PS4 wouldn't surprise me, but It will probably be arcade first anyways.

I wonder if it takes place after GG2. I don't really know much of the story, but it would be cool seeing older characters.

I like the look of the 3D models. The transition has been very nice.

I'm very hyped right now, but when they announce Chipp...
I really hope all the old characters can return.

D

Deleted member

Likewise, the 3D models look great, the art style, while not my favorite, reminds me of some anime I may have seen recently, can't quite put my finger on which one. Millia Rage looked so pretty though.

It's great to see the series finally get revived. Between this, Chrono Phantasma and the Blazblue anime, there's a ton of things to look forward to in the near future.

Oh, and that track was jammin'

D

Deleted member

Wow! I just hope it isn't dumb down and still keeps it's heavy execution roots!
Well, it likely will. It IS Arc System Works after all.

Also, you can see Sol do a Dustloop in the trailer, so...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The trailer being subbed from the start is also interesting.

The 3D models show off Daisuke's art really well imo.

The combo system looks similar to what we are used to, of course I don't really know much about Sol or Ky, but it looks right, but a little slow right now. The trailer showed off a Burst and a Dead Angle Attack, those are expected anyways, I would have liked to see a RC/FRC. 5D changes the camera angle, don't know if that will stay.

I like this new western stage with the Statue of Liberty's head.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Getting PS4. Can't stop me. Getting a PS4.

Edit: Hm... there's a priority on clashing now where the loser staggers

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
zI-28 13

So apparently there is a year on Sol's sword that is after the year GG2 is set in.
Can you imagine an older May and Bridget?

Top Bottom