• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Atlus8

Smash Master
I just want to use my stick since that thing has been sitting around not being used! This game is the reason why I got a stick in the first place, so I'm just glad we have a release date! Sheesh!

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
I'm still the only Xbox player?!

Guise seriously?

:phone:

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
When you be getting one dawg?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
When you be getting one dawg?

December 11th, when I get my holiday bonus from my job. Possibly sooner, depending on how much I get from my dividend check the week before (no later than December 4th).

Just a little treat for myself this holiday season before I go balls to the wall this year with Christmas for family.

Smooth Criminal

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Ahh yes... Family + Christmas + My birthday + Job=Spend ALL the money on presents!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Double post because the game is up on NA PSN.

I gotta get used to the Arcade stick now, it already feels right.

Atlus8

Smash Master
No official date on +R, but it WILL receive the update later on since it says on their website!

The initial release version of this title will be the same as the "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS" released for the PlayStation®2, but is planned to be updated later to the newest verision "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R" currently running in the Arcades in Japan.

http://www.guiltygearx.com/old/ggxxac/english_info.html

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's very disappointing. I already have Accent Core+ on PS2.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yeah but the x360/ps3 one is arcade perfect

ps2 one ran too fast in comparison.

btw gonna play ky and make some real efforts to learn this game since i already bought it off psn.

gonna like...

ride the lightning

and cry over these silly FRC windows that theoretically allow me to do silly things :<

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have the money, but I can't play it until finals are done since I'm swamped. See you guys over laggy netplay next week.

And FRCs aren't that hard when you get used to them.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I went straight to netplay. :3

Most people were not that great, so I actually had a chance of winning. There were some laggy matches, but it's nowhere near as bad as KoFXIII so I'm okay with it, I could still FRC things. Menus are bare-minimum, like Skullgirls but without the GGPO.

If matches stay like what I had last night then I'm okay with it, but maybe I just can't notice it since I haven't been able to play offline.

Now I need to work on my combos.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I only played a couple of games and there were laggy! It's my day off so if anyone wants to play just post here and I'll get right on! PSN: Atlus8

Edit: I did get a solid connection with ONE person just now! It was pretty much flawless!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Slayer and May seem fun...

Playing five Guilty Gear characters sounds like the worst idea ever though, at least right now, I need to focus on the characters I play now. :(

Thino

Smash Master
This is actually my first GG, what should a Blazblue player know when picking up this game? I'm trying to main May/Robo-Ky

edit: nvm, I read the first post, that should already help me for the basics

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good games Minato. I'm still trying to familiarize myself with this game on stick, as I used to play it on pad exclusively. Almost every time I did a j.p or j.hs they were supposed to be tatami and j.d respectively :(. I'm actually pretty pleased about our connection, considering we're 3,000 miles apart (and I had the 49ers-Patriots game streaming while we were playing).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs. While the connection isn't perfect, I'm glad it's at least this good. Even got half of my FRCs down (even Stun Edge and Ice Spike).
I've only faced Baiken once prior, so this is going to take time getting used to since I'm not sure how to bait your alpha counter moves.

Also wasn't expecting you to use her.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Baiken's the only character I played in GG, but I do want to learn ABA as well, although I might wait until +R to really try with her.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Baiken is one of my favorite characters in GG, aesthetically-speaking. I just don't have the patience required to really play her.

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I always though Jam would play Jam...

cuz I have no imagination I guess. :054:

Anyways, some patch details have been released!

http://www.guiltygearx.com/old/ggxxac/english_info.html
[COLLAPSE="Patch notes"]
<NEWS>

GGXXACP Update Announcement

An update for “Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (360/PS3)” currently available on XBLA and PSN is in the works and scheduled to be released in Spring 2013. Keep checking in for details and updates on the release.

New Additions in “+R”

Once the patch (PSN) or title update (XBLA) has been applied to your game, installing the downloadable contents will unlock the following features:

Title Screen
The game’s title screen will be updated with the “+R” version.

Help & Options
Version switching will become available in the “Game Settings”. Players will be able to choose from “ACP” or “AC+R”

Various Modes
With the addition of “+R”, each mode will become playable with “+R” settings.

Ranked Matches
Kliff and Justice will become available.

Player Matches
Kliff and Justice will be available in all sessions (rooms).

Ranking
Leaderboards will now feature a “+R” only filter. (**Rankings for the previous version of Guilty Gear will be preserved.)

Trophies and Achievements
New Trophies and Achievements will be added to the game.

Usability Improvements

Once the patch (PSN) or title update (XBLA) has been applied to your game, the following will become available:

Character Selection Screen
When transitioning to the character selection screen, the cursor will be placed on the previously selected character, with the color options open.

All Online Matches
Improvements will be made to the way our program handles the “Proximity” and “Connection Quality” settings in online games.

Ranked Matches
We will enhance our matchmaking system’s accuracy and reduce the time it takes to find a match. Also, when using the “custom search” options, the system will continue searching until a match is found. (*This operation can be cancelled).

After a match has been made, a new icon will display the players’ connection quality during the “Pre-Match” screen. Also, sound effects, vocal cues and controller vibration will notify players when a match has been found.

Player Matches

- Multiple players will be able to join a Player Match lobby.
- New options have been added to match turn rotation: "Winner Stays", "Loser Stays" and "Random."
- Voice chat can be used in the lobby.
- Matches can be viewed from the room when it is not the player's turn to fight.
- Sound effects, vocal cues and controller vibration will notify players when a new player has joined the lobby.

Options
During online play, players can choose their preference of starting off on the left or right side of the screen. (*When the preference is the same, the starting locations will be randomized.)

Other Notes

Once the patch (PSN) or title update (XBLA) has been applied to your game, the following will become available:

Misc. Improvements
We will also be making various improvements and tweaks requested by users on our support forum.[/COLLAPSE]
I still have questions about the patch, but it's cool to know that lobbies will now allow more people, and that ranked matches will show the connection quality before the match.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I do want to learn Jam as well, but I don't think I'm skilled enough to learn more than two characters tops in this game (maybe not more than one, in all honesty).

Patch notes look good, but argh spring is so far away!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I still need to buy XBL Gold and download this.

I also need a proper pad. =/ I'm not playing fighters on this POS Xbox controller.

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll probably be playing throughout the week.

I'll be willing to play other games, but this one will most likely be the only one I really practice in for a while.

Top Bottom