• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guilty Gear Thread: Clearly everyone on Smashboards was waiting for Dizzy!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
At this rate Xrd is going to be out before +R. At least I'll have BB to tide me over for a bit.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Awesome, can't wait to see if Chipp has become president.

Interesting, there's no Guard Bar.
Wait, maybe those black bars near the time limit are it. Could also be something new.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
There are some translations over at the Dustloop.
Here's the character translations.

So Ky's profile says he is a king, so with everything else we know I guess it's safe to say that this takes place after GG2.

Anyways, there are no forcebreaks right now, I think the last game Daisuke directed didn't have theme either so it's actually not too surprising.
The Guard Bar is now called R.I.S.C. it's pretty much the same, but starts at and doesn't go below 0.
You can now hold 6 after a Dust and chase the opponent horizontally.
A new clash system. It comes with something called Danger Time, it lasts three seconds and the next hit is a Super Counter.
And a new Roman Cancel(Yellow) that slows down time? It costs 50% tension, and images show it being used with Sol's Gunflame. I don't think FRC has been mentioned.

I think that's the important things, there will probably be more/better translations later.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
D

Deleted member

I'm not entirely diggin the new art-style...

Is Daisuke still doing the art for the game. It looks less gritty hard-rock/metal, and more "goofy anime." Which is a shame cause I loved the old style the most, it was very original.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Awesome. May, Venom, Chipp, and Potemkin are the next four characters.

[collapse="collapse for awesome"]

[/collapse]

May and Venom alone make me ecstatic.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Chipp!

All I really nedded to hear.

I'm really surprised that Venom was shown so soon, but not disappointed. I also like Potemkin's new design, probably more than his old one, he looks like an interesting Panzerfaust. I would have been more surprised if May didn't make it. I like the character artwork too.

I hope we see some videos once the loctest starts.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Potemkin WTF? Panzerfaust from Skullgirls?!

Sol, Ky, Millia, Potemkin, Chipp, May, and Venom. 7 characters playable for the first loctest. Eat your heart out, Killer Instinct.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah Potemkin....my old nemesis. How I fear and detest thee. I'm admittedly curious on a Faust, Johnny, and I-No redesign to be revealed.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
While I think May looks good in Xrd, I really wish she looked older. As for Bridget, I'm expecting him to look even more feminine lol

If Dizzy is somehow not in this version and if Ky's too boring without FRCs and FBs, I think I'm going to stick with May and Venom.
Crashing into people with Dolphins was always fun.

D

Deleted member

5 years later and May is still a loli...

I'm really hating the new art style. So far only Venom and Millia look ok...

Also, that Potemkin

Atlus8

Smash Master
Aside from Millia and Potemkin, everyone pretty much still looks the same! I would have liked it if they changed it much more than that, but I guess you would have most people ******* about that!

Vashimus

Smash Master
If Dizzy is somehow not in this version and if Ky's too boring without FRCs and FBs, I think I'm going to stick with May and Venom.
Crashing into people with Dolphins was always fun.
Same here with I-No, but I'll play Jam too since she's bound to make it in. Hopefully May's command grab isn't the crappy one that's in +R, since it's one of the main reasons why people play her. That and dolphin loops.

Ideally, I'd like the entire cast from AC+R (no Order Sol, Kliff and Justice for story reasons) with 4 or 5 new characters. A roster count of around 28 seems reasonable.

D

Deleted member

I hope they don't do anything too crazy on Baiken personally...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I welcome character redesigns, it did wonders for Millia and Potemkin imo.

Besides, I'm hoping to see some costume DLC, classic costumes would be a great addition.

So Chipp lost one teleport(D, but we don't know the properties of the others, I'd be sad to lose that one), but gained a wall cling and his Ex super. I can't wait to see how he turns out, I already want that wall cling.

And May tried to steal Johnny's Ensenga attack.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fun fact: May's Ensenga-like attack was already one of her EX moves in Midnight Carnival. Wonder if they're going to pull from the EX variants over the years.

(Wait. I think I'm wrong. EX May in Midnight Carnival had Mist Finer, actually. Curse my dim memory.)

Does Dustloop have loketest info already?

Smooth Criminal

Vashimus

Smash Master
Fun fact: May's Ensenga-like attack was already one of her EX moves in Midnight Carnival. Wonder if they're going to pull from the EX variants over the years.

(Wait. I think I'm wrong. EX May in Midnight Carnival had Mist Finer, actually. Curse my dim memory.)

Does Dustloop have loketest info already?

Smooth Criminal
Loctest hasn't happened yet. August 9th to 12th. Not sure if they'll do an official stream for it, but they should, seeing as the players are not allowed to take pictures or video during the loctest. There are countless fans who can't travel to Japan that are dying to see some gameplay.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
They say that, but there's always some video that manages to get leaked somehow.

Anyway, I'm hoping for better color palettes, GG's palettes suck.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
May's design following that SNK logic. The older a female character's age is, the younger they look.

Her design isn't horrible or anything, but I was kinda looking forward to an older looking May due to the two year time skip.
It's all good though, give me dolphin loops and I'll be happy.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't really see how anyone could think Xrd May looks younger than her AC art. :/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone want to play some AC today? Considering that the Japanese patch didn't affect anything like netcode or lobbies, there isn't a huge reason to wait.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How is the lag in AC between European and American players? I'm considering getting +R when it's released here and would like some people to play with regularly.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How is the lag in AC between European and American players? I'm considering getting +R when it's released here and would like some people to play with regularly.
To be honest, the netcode is really bad, and heavily relies on how good your internet speed is. Sometimes I'll find players where the connection is smooth, but this rarely ever happens.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well my connection is the **** so it won't be a problem from my side then. I'd just guess as GG is really technical and so the lag can ruin everything.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I don't really see how anyone could think Xrd May looks younger than her AC art. :/

Well, comparing her AC art and her Xrd art, May seemed thicker and had physique more similar to that of teenager.
Then again, maybe it's the art style that just makes her look younger. Either way, May's in the game :secretkpop:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The game looks amazing.

The impressions sound great too.

It seems Chipp can wall cling out of an air Alpha Blade if it ends near the wall!

Top Bottom