• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Guide to Weilding the REAL Triforce of Wisdom

So, how good/bad is my FAQ?

• It roxorz my soxorz

Votes: 201 45.1%
  • It's good

Votes: 150 33.6%
  • It's decent

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • Dude, this sucks

Votes: 45 10.1%

• Total voters

chinesahh

Smash Lord
so i assume you went to gs2? did i play you? i was the asian falcon kid. if that was you, you zelda really was good. it shocked me actually.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Chinesahh, of course I played you. I was the blonde haired jew playing the blue Zelda. Obvi!

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for thoes tips. I read through all of that and its great!! Oh yeah my main character is of course Zelda.. Then Peach.

I have the most trouble verseing Falco so i use Peach for him and not to much trouble with marth unless its an actual good marth lol (everyone seems to use that womanly looking thing)

Now i have learnt from you, to not let Bowser keep me up in the air, which i was punished for because Caotic wolfenfox killed me more then a few times like that, and to give JigglyPuff range.

I never botherd to realize (in other words to stupid me) that Zelda's fair has more range and her bair is faster, i was ignorant and thought they were exactly the same lol.

There is one last thing that i cant do with Zelda so i hope you or someone else can tell me how to. When hanging off the edge and releasing then teleporting straight back, how do you get her fair in? I watched and had it done on me from Emily (kupo) and i tried it in practice mode but i cant seem to get it to happen.

What you can do is release, fair so it comes from under the platform (FD) and then teleport onto the edge agian, so her fair it sweetspots the person walked up to attack you there.

Anyone know how? And thanks alot
:)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's actually something you have to practice a lot at. It took me some time, and i still don't use it as much for fear of edgehogging.

Goffa

Smash Rookie
Great job on the guide, I admit I used to be one of those players who never uses Zelda, only Sheik but your guide helped me to start using Zelda, I thank you.

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is definatly top tier, of course sheik is alot better then her, but Zelda has more powerfull moves and if you learn to play her more taticle you can strike at the right times and win alot of matches with her. Besides who else has cool powers like zelda in smash? Noone does:p

cF=)

Smash Lord
Wow this guide saved my life. I was going to suicid because my smash gameplay sucked but you showed me the light way and i'm now betting the crap out of my friends with this new tricky character ! I thank you !!

P.S. the suicid story is a joke ¬__¬

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
thanks for the feedback guys. after the year-beggining debate buzz settles down I'll have time to work on this some more.

Tempust: is there anything you need to know specifically? I can answer questions on AIM. Just saying, I didn't learn anything doesn't help anyone.

Sebastian: Maybe not top, but definately not mid. Maybe Zelda/Sheik for God tier lol

CF: Thanks.

NovaWave

Smash Journeyman
I don't play Zelda, but I looked it over and it is a real nice FAQ. Better than most. Too bad I don't like slow chars or I'd play her al the way :laugh:

Glitch Master

Smash Cadet
I voted "it's good", I've seen a little better, still rocks though. I don't play as Zelda...EVER so I read it for NO reason whatsoever!

Legion19

Smash Apprentice
Peach is my only and best character, but I've always been looking for a second character to pick up, you know... learn someone new. In any case, in another thread I asked for suggestions on the best character to switch to from Peach without completely destroying my Peach game, and several told me Zelda was a definate.

I practiced with her a bit after reading the FAQ, though I've practiced with her in the past I didn't know that much of the advanced techniques, but now that I do, I find that she can be kind of fun to play, even when facing impossible odds (i.e. - Marth) Thanks for the FAQ DoH, it was very thorough from what I've seen, but I'm no experienced Zelda player -yet- ~_^, so I'll probably be on my way there very soon, I'm a fast learner.

Because of the control similarities between Zelda and Peach, it's not that hard switching my gameplay over, still involving similar mindgames, cheap tricks. The only thing I have trouble adapting to sometimes is the fact that with Peach, the main move was DSmash, with Zelda, it's F/Bair <_<

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Zelda's downsmash is pretty sweet though. It's faster than Peach's and covers all sides, and hits low, so it can hit through some people's sheilds.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT said:
Zelda's downsmash is pretty sweet though. It's faster than Peach's and covers all sides, and hits low, so it can hit through some people's sheilds.
The only advantage of Zelda's dsmash over Peach's is that is sends people out and at a low angle. Other than that, it's weak, punishable, and doesn't eat through shields like Peach's does. Not to say that it's bad, but its lag makes it unabusable. I've never seen it sweep people's feet, either...

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
I don't play Zelda, at all. My friend does, and this guide is definitely really good. It even rivals my nearly invincible Falcon guide. It's definitely pretty gosu. I can tell you put a lot of time into it. DoH for president... Of the Zelda Forum.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
RyokoYaksa said:
The only advantage of Zelda's dsmash over Peach's is that is sends people out and at a low angle. Other than that, it's weak, punishable, and doesn't eat through shields like Peach's does. Not to say that it's bad, but its lag makes it unabusable. I've never seen it sweep people's feet, either...
I didn't say it was better than Peach's, just faster (as in comparison, because people ***** about how fast it is). It ***** fastfallers if they don't see it coming ::cough:: teams ::cough::

Sebastian, you're a moron if you think Zelda can be played defensively. You have to press the offense with her fast/strong moves. And yes, you can win a match entirely with kicks, as Captain Jack has proven. Zelda's inability to cover her *** (literally), slow foot speed, lack of fast movement, and bad projectile/moves that cover all around her are the reasons she can't be played defensively.

Thanks Angelo

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
It's good to fall back on her throws if needed, but overall, Zelda is a VERY good character to pick up for a Peach player. She is really awesome, and if you now how to space her moves so that you minimize the countering options your opponent has, her effectiveness goes WAY up. This is especially seen in teams, where Zelda is a good teammate for most people because some of her moves aren't very 'loud' like others(Peach's dsmash, Fox/Falco's shines, Link's Spin Attack, and others come to mind), but still get the job done.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Thank You So Much!

FINALLY! SOmeone who doesnt say "OMFG ONLY N00BS TURN INTO ZELDA BECUASE SHIEK IS FASTER!!!1111111one" You are a GENIUS! Great guide!

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Really good guide. But where can I find Xif/Me Frog's FAQ for Sheik which you mentioned?

Devl

Smash Journeyman
even though im not much of a sheik or zelda user, this is a very well-written guide, although i am curious as i play a little fox, what combos were you talking about in the guide that fox (maybe it was chain-throws?) can do to zelda/sheik. Just wondering, thanks alot for any info you can give me.

D

Deleted member

too bad zelda is shallow as **** and is extremely boring to play.

<3 Zelda, ***** n00bies

Da illest

Banned via Administration
This good guide but two things wrong. Samus cant get edgeguard by zelda and me being a IC player its not that e z to make them desynch unless they desynch them selfs for combos. Even desynch there dangers and have a better chain grab.

YoCouch

Smash Rookie
I have always wondered when to switch to zelda during a battle, is there like a time when the have a specific amount of damage. I dont know zelda's strengths too well (even though this guide really helped) so i still dont know when it is better to use her than sheik. Maybe you would have some suggestions as to when it is good to switch to zelda in a battle. Oh, and do you think it is better to start off a fight as zelda or as sheik?

dudeheissoninja

Smash Rookie
A darn good faq dude! I saw a LOT of the stuff I actually do [minus your 'superwavedash' lol], but I was sad I didn't see much mention of dashcancel to UpSmash. Is there a particular con about it, or something? Anyways, good job, and I'm glad to see someone that knows their stuff using Zelda.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
you were never tired of writting that? respect man. i use zelda alot to. i like to transform some time to take a final blow with zelda. starter hit with sheik. well, i use sheik more often than zelda, but i gain control.

U-Dog

Smash Apprentice
well this is goof for n00b zelda players

tho i dont think the dair does much

evn tho it has priority over evrythin it does lil damage
dunno if u pu tthat or not cant remember

actually most of her attacks have a high priority

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
Good guide to a great character. I absolutely use Zelda above Sheik (In fact, I do NOT use Sheik at all, hate TT). I think mind games are a great part of Zelda games. I love pwning with Zelda, specially to certain kinda people who loves sayin "Zelda sucks, Sheik rules".

It's good to know I'm not the only one who likes to use Zelda and NOT Sheik. :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am a sheik user, but I am trying to get good with Zelda, because I know she is good.

U-Dog

Smash Apprentice
Neo_Morphix said:
Good guide to a great character. I absolutely use Zelda above Sheik (In fact, I do NOT use Sheik at all, hate TT). I think mind games are a great part of Zelda games. I love pwning with Zelda, specially to certain kinda people who loves sayin "Zelda sucks, Sheik rules".

It's good to know I'm not the only one who likes to use Zelda and NOT Sheik. :)
dude zelda is the way to go alwayz has been alwayz will be

plus w/o zelda there would be no sheik

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
U-Dog said:
well this is goof for n00b zelda players

tho i dont think the dair does much

evn tho it has priority over evrythin it does lil damage
dunno if u pu tthat or not cant remember

actually most of her attacks have a high priority
Uh no? Unless they're disjointed/sweetspotted, she's got very low priority.

Dair combo's to grab.

Top Bottom