• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Guide to Weilding the REAL Triforce of Wisdom

So, how good/bad is my FAQ?

• It roxorz my soxorz

Votes: 201 45.1%
  • It's good

Votes: 150 33.6%
  • It's decent

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • Dude, this sucks

Votes: 45 10.1%

• Total voters

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
i got a question im gettin alot better with my sheik to the point where i just have work on 2 or 3 thing but now i also want to pratice my zelda i seen captan jack do a double f air how did he do that ? i think it might be very useful
Double Fair?

1.Short Hop
2. Press Forward A (or Back A)
3. Very brief pause
4. Then press Forward A (or Back A) again

Distort

Smash Rookie
Sweet guide, my friend.
Sweet guide indeed.
I'm looking forward to getting my Zelda even better, just gotta know which moves to use in which situations and I'm set :D

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
This is a good guide for beginners a for experts too, has good advice and techniques. I voted roxorz soxors.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Nice guide. I am a sheik player, and now I am interested in playing more Zelda. This definately covered everything I needed to know.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Too good

Found this guide a while ago, just recently read it for the second time. Helped me out a lot when I first read it, helped me realize a couple of new things when reading it again. =D

Thanks for putting your time into this, it's really helpful. I can four stock Taj's Mewtwo now because of this guide.

o.0

jk about the Taj part...but yah, anyone who is interested in maining Zelda should read this. I have only have a few ideas to add from reading it again, but only possibilities to add onto it to change things up so you aren't too predictable. I'll have to try them out later and let you know later. :)

<3

sheikan7

Smash Cadet
hmm, just a tip for Naryu's love, it can reflect/cancel out Pikachu/Pichu's thunder! Along with cancel out another Zelda's Din's Fire. Try Naryu's love for almost every projectile! =)

Great guide too! ^_^

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
OK, I'd like to have a guide for Zelda's grab + attack. I want to know, how many attacks can you afford to do on your opponent while their grabbed? This should be a direct proportion to their percent. Example:

0-18: 0
19-24: 1
25-33: 2
...etc.

Oh, and these are NOT real, don't take these seriously. But does anyone have a guide for (assuming the best for the throw-breaker) how many time you can afford to pull off the grab + attack?

I might add, you can stop at 200. I would then bthrow without hesitation.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Nice thread, you left out a bunch of the unnecessary stuff that was in the other guides. I don't really want to learn to be that great with Zelda, but I use Sheik, so when I have to transform to get back on the stage, I don't want to be completely helpless. =P

I also may start to just randomly transform into zelda midway through the match if they are ****** my Sheik. Who knows, I might make a comeback.=D

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
This was not mentioned in the guide, (or anywhere else I can find on this forum) but, when Din's fire is detonated due to hitting the ground/floor/wall, it has more knockback than when it is manually detonated.

Sorry if this is old and/or posted somewhere else.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
the precent to win? I am sorry but I can,t give away pichu,s weakness you know bottom tier and we have to give pichu something and ic's don,t try to fight the grab but zedla is foaltly so it is harder to chain throw her.
Wow thanks i was look for a diffrents in bair and fair

TheLake

Smash Master
*slowly raises hand*

Granted I think new stuff should be added but meh

In do time ya'll...in do time

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
I kind of did this whole smash thing backwards, I got good at Brawl first with Zelda, I'm starting to play Melee again, seriously this time. and the other day I got the origional SSB. but since there's no Zelda/Sheik, I'm going to be Link.

Your guide is great, I will reference it regularly.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for writing this guide. Decided to play Zelda and this has helped a good bit!

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
if anyone out there still reading this: please give me some advice on approching the porjectile happy like link for example, i hate his boomerang, bombs and arrows, i can't get close enough to attack him D:

Milos

Smash Lord
the dthrow is really slow and any competent player knows to DI down and away.

uthrow is great vs fastfallers, regrab if they DI to either side and kick 'em if they don't.

if your back is facing the ledge and you're spaced so that a dthrow will either force a tech or set up a bair no matter what then do the down throw because you'll have a guaranteed tech chase.

zelda *****

Top Bottom