• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Guide to Weilding the REAL Triforce of Wisdom

So, how good/bad is my FAQ?

• It roxorz my soxorz

Votes: 201 45.1%
  • It's good

Votes: 150 33.6%
  • It's decent

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • Dude, this sucks

Votes: 45 10.1%

• Total voters

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
DoH, I'd just like to say: Great guide! :)

I am a Sheik player *waits for jeers and thrown objects* but this guide has really helped me see some of the possibilities of playing zelda. Now I'm not going for full conversion but I'm going to play zelda more now and maybe for lower tier matches.

Anyways, thanks!

soap

Smash Hero
your guide, like Xif's sheik guide, only tells me what not to do against peach. My roommate plays peach, and i can only beat him with sheik, but when i try to gain the princess title with my zelda, i dont know what to do. Are there any good combos or tactics against peach?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Yeah, I haven't updated the character strats in a while. If you need help get on AIM and hit me up, I'll start updating the Zelda guide now. Instead of lying about it.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
good guide, but zelda still blows lol. she's so hard to get good with; you zelda players should be proud.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
the fact that it's true?

she's so limited. she can do some fancy ****, but seriously she doesn't have the options to be a real character.

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
While I agree that Sheik is the better option in most cases (Maybe not vs. ICs), I don't think zelda is a lost cause. I mean there are people who play characters lower on the teir list and they work out just fine, I.E. MookieRah, Svampen (probably misspelled that), VilNess.

Take Kawn for example, (first decent Zelda that popped into my mind), he was holding his own vs. Silent Spectre as Zelda and in general he's just a really good player.

So I think saying Zelda is useless is a huge overstatement.

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
thanks Digamma, zelda is good and all but to me, shes like the slowest character in the game., to me, shes very tough to use.

Viktoria

Smash Cadet
I don't see how she's easy to use, most of her moves have some lag or sweetspot to be learned unlike some other characters (her alter ego).

Smashking123

Smash Cadet
nice real nice i mean nice you know just.......how should i put it ...................nice but wth was sheik i red da hole thing and didnt see much sheik .other than that itsey bitsey thimngey it was great-------------- ps wat kind of peRson cant ******'spell DIVORCED D I V O R C E D DIVORCED

Aurus

Smash Cadet
Very good. Lots of helpful, specific information. I especially liked the "character matchups" section. Keep up the good work!

Demx

Smash Rookie
Sheik is actually a guy. i didnt know that till like yesterday. its zeldas soul and stuff but she used her magic to transform to a boy she has boys body voice and everything else boys have.

soap

Smash Hero
Demx said:
Sheik is actually a guy. i didnt know that till like yesterday. its zeldas soul and stuff but she used her magic to transform to a boy she has boys body voice and everything else boys have.
Like a *****? its probably frikin huge too, top tier material

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
What exactly is teleport cancelling?This guide is not terrible DoH.Its been extremely helpful to my Zelda game and its well written too.Also does Zelda have any chaingrabs except for that insanely difficult one with the wavedash?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Teleport cancelling is repeatedly using up b on the ledge to stall and maintain invincibility.

Zelda can only chain fastfallers at low percents. You may be able to get Ganon at really low percents like twice...but I doubt it.

twiztedxtreme

Smash Rookie
Could somebody link the Sheik guide. I want to learn both zelda and Sheik, but I can't find the Sheik guide anywhere.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad. I never knew about Smashboards until I read a Jigglypuff FAQ on that site, and even then, i forgot the "s" at the end of boards, so I kept going to this german message board with unique content. Besides, that's why I posted it, to help people find it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I thought I posted in here...well, anyways, it was a good guide and it really helped out my Zelda. Thanks.

Sheek

Smash Apprentice
It's a ggod guide, but one thing that you should update
In the transform move descrition, change top tier to high tier :crying:

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
i got a question im gettin alot better with my sheik to the point where i just have work on 2 or 3 thing but now i also want to pratice my zelda i seen captan jack do a double f air how did he do that ? i think it might be very useful

Top Bottom