• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Guide to Weilding the REAL Triforce of Wisdom

So, how good/bad is my FAQ?

• It roxorz my soxorz

Votes: 201 45.1%
  • It's good

Votes: 150 33.6%
  • It's decent

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • Dude, this sucks

Votes: 45 10.1%

• Total voters

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Just want to step in and put in my 2 cents (whatever they're worth). Zelda is total garbage tier. But I feel with the right training can be a useful surprise counter. Like kick kills Jiggs at 70% or so on Dreamland. Gotta be able to take advantage of that, right?.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah zelda's pretty bad, but she can do some damage if you know what to do. Idk about garbage tier though lol. Let's MM :)

TheLake

Smash Master
I post the way I think

so I have brief pauses of brilliance

then I deliver

Plus I find it keeps things tempting and seductive

Im like a wolf on the prowl

rather poetic id say

think of all my posts

like a poem

if that helps

or think of me simply as

a hunter in the night

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
She does pretty well in the matchup. It's personally my favorite matchup for zelda and I'd say it's 50/50. My advice is just to use kicks like crazy. It outranges peach's moves and it's pretty safe. Use nayru's to reflect vegetables until they catch on. Once they do just avoid them for the most part and run away until it's safe to approach again. Without vegetables peach would do a lot worse in the matchup. The general idea is to dodge them and either (A) get in a hit and run or (B) get close enough where she won't be able to pull out another one without getting toe to the face. You want to stay close enough where you can kick her if she moves towards you at all, but far enough away that she won't be able to hit you with any physical attacks.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I wouldn't say that it's even, but it is pretty close. Staying exactly in tippy toe range is the best way to play the MU.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
60-40 imo )edit: though I could see 55-45(

GK made a lot of good points but I'd like to emphasize how dangerous peach is to Zelda when she has a turnip as opposed to when she doesn't, approaching is a ***** when she has a turnip and a lot of the time those situation come down to who has a better counterbait so be ready for them to have solutions to yours

Also staying within the right range is key; too far away and she can get turnips, too close and those blastoise cannons pop out. You get that range and you get a peach on the ropes

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've been theorizing lately that there is a certain range at which Peach is absolutely HELPLESS to anyone with decent reaction time. I'm not sure exactly where it is, but Zelda's fair/bair are both good starts.

D

Deleted member

I think zelda does pretty good against peach overall. For me, the worst thing about peach is dealing with her turnips, since you have no aerial that "clashes" (?) with turnip and still hits her if you're both in the air.

Most characters don't want to get down and dirty with peach, it's much better to lame her out. Zelda is really good at just going in on her though so it's a different way of thinking.

gijn

Smash Cadet
I think zelda does pretty good against peach overall. For me, the worst thing about peach is dealing with her turnips, since you have no aerial that "clashes" (?) with turnip and still hits her if you're both in the air.

Most characters don't want to get down and dirty with peach, it's much better to lame her out. Zelda is really good at just going in on her though so it's a different way of thinking.
I quite like dashdancing on the edge range of peaches dash attack. gives a lot of options.

turnip thrown:

catch and sidestep
Shield then grab/roll out
sidestep then wavedash back grab/D smash
wavedash back into nair-cancel fair
wavedash back into f tilt
short hop b neutral drift towards

if they don't throw the turnip you can do the usuals out of the dashdance. dash attack/grab/ nair-cancel fair/ shield grab

What I find pain is peaches U-throw, It's difficult choosing were to DI peach has too many options as I fall slower than a piece of paper lol.. go up she could get the uair, which is really painful. Go to the side your asking to be float chased even if she cant fire off an aerial. Oh well.

Top Bottom