• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide To Re-Spray Painting your controllers for melee(Updated 4/3/07)

Kubba

Smash Cadet
dammit my paintjob got some scratches on it
what should i do?
o yeah and sanding it makes the paint pale and look dusty

Kubba

Smash Cadet
Dammit the stencil for my name isn't done yet hopefully ill get it in 2-3 days
gonna post the pics all at once so be patient

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
GOD DAMM U UPS tomorrow will mark the one week point since I ordered my controller, it was shipped first class, geeze. But now I got everything I need and when it comes it WILL BE PAINTED ON SIGHT!!

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
well im still letting the clearcoat dry on 2 controllers and when i reassemble them 2 nite ill try to put the pics up as well, if not 2day then 2morrow. yes the guide was real helpful so thx to i think yes and relaximaprofessional

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Kalypso said:
I have a custom Japanese Emerald Blue gamecube controller with a small cutout of a magic card placed over the nintendo gamecube logo. I forget exactly which card it was, but there's these severed hands roughly the color of my controller crawling across the ground, one of them has a knife. It's pretty badass.
I think ou mean "Severed Legion"

2collorless, 1 Swamp
It has Fear and is a 2/3

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
so now that my paint mealted, i cuold have done a few things.. being the smart guy i am, i spray thr things down with reflective paint...

so now, if heaslights shine into it, it'll be visible.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
My newest project was to take my black controller and make it shine. I gave it a black paint job and the oh so sweet clear coat. Then I painted the buttons red. I would like to present what I call ESPN the Controller (cause it looks just like the ESPN Mobile Phone)

D

Deleted member

My controller feels like the paint is gonna come off. It's not though. It kinda sticks to your hand, and if you smell the controller, it still smells like spray paint, even a month later.

If I modify in the future, how do I prevent his?

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
DeLoRtEd1 said:
My controller feels like the paint is gonna come off. It's not though. It kinda sticks to your hand, and if you smell the controller, it still smells like spray paint, even a month later.

If I modify in the future, how do I prevent his?
i'm gonna sand mine down and use high heat, impact resistant paint.

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Just got my screwdriver today, hellz yea! I got all the materials and am about to ppaint. Can't post pics though, haven't got a digital camera.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Lol, the farthest I've ever gone as far as modifying and decorating is I put some tap on my wavebird and drew a four leaf clover in it, and now i rub it whenever i need luck. It works!

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
Kalypso said:
I have a custom Japanese Emerald Blue gamecube controller with a small cutout of a magic card placed over the nintendo gamecube logo. I forget exactly which card it was, but there's these severed hands roughly the color of my controller crawling across the ground, one of them has a knife. It's pretty badass.
nice sounding controller and that card is called severed legions i do believe. (now for the nerdy technical part...its a 2/2 creature for 1BB that has fear)

Kubba

Smash Cadet
Hello,
It's finally done and ive got some pics to prove it!!
Here she is, sanded and primed

and there's the paint sprayed on

all nicely assembled

Sadly, the c-stick got chipped badly so i replaced it with a control stick from another controller
(left Gray for aesthetic reasons)

So, What do you guys think
oh yeah and you two above me with the modded controllers nice work, loving the ESPN one
--Kubba

MY THANKS TO YES! AND RELAXIMAPROFESSIONAL FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER

Pretendo

Smash Rookie
I have a Platinum Controller, I like the colour, but I want to personalise it. How do I go about putting Letters or Symbols on the Controller without having to paint it at all?

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
i did a little bit of advanced modding and came up with THIS!!1

P.S. that was just a joke, and that is NOT my controller (found it on ebay)

Pretendo

Smash Rookie
That looks photoshopped. The only way to REALLY do that is to have a LOT of skill with plastics.

Also can anyone please help me about placing letters or symbols on my controller?

EDIT: Just saw other part of text. It actually could be possible that it is a "Special Edition" controller thing.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to use a spray paint called "Rust-Oleum" and it is this sick looking wavy bronze color. Then i wanted to paint the SSBM symbol in Red on the place where it says Nintendo Gamcube. I am using a wavebird. Will this spray paint work? What other materials do I need? Where do I get clear coat and primer and what type would you reccomend for what I want?

Please reply QUICKLY.... I have until 4:00 Central Time before I go out and buy my materials.

Top Bottom