• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GSG - 7/24-7/25 tournament matches http://www.youtube.com/user/gkinfinity

PB&J

Smash Hero
hbox is the south and i would love to see the south vs the west coast now but east coast vs west would be more fun since of the history

fc3 crew battles are my fav still to this day

Hax

Smash Champion
i mean if "west" coast is entitled to literally the entire left half of the US, then the "east" coast should be entitled to all of the right. if it were a 5v5 crew battle (as west coast would prefer it to be - after its top 5 wc begins to lack its luster other than lucien imo) it would be very close, i think jman/hbox/pp/myself outdo ss/zhu/lucky/hugs, whereas mango outdoes m2k. it would really just come down to who's playing better.

as of right now, like i said WC is better than "east" coast which is really just northeast lol.

i think an extremely exciting crew battle would be a 6v6: mango/zhu/lucky/hugs/ss/lucien vs m2k/hbox/jman/hax/pp/dsw if it could ever happen

MacD

Banned via Administration
cali vs the world would be a little harder, they'd get armada, m2k, and hbox

though i'm sure we could still do it

stupid little kid ninja'd me

Shroomed

Smash Master
we keep saying WC but all the players mentioned are from cali

EC needs the handicap of borrowing players from other regions to make it more interesting

ScorpEhDorp

Smash Rookie
Haha thanks Zhu. Too bad I didn't get my rematch with you. I think I would have done alot better then last time. Next time then ^_^

Jun.

Smash Lord
i mean if "west" coast is entitled to literally the entire left half of the US, then the "east" coast should be entitled to all of the right.
what's kind of misleading is the WC is basically 4 - 5 states while the entire East is like..... don't even know. If EC really does have players from the entire coast represent, the pool of players to choose from should be so much bigger than the WC pool. This reasoning is basically assuming that the concentration of player in say Central California + Nevada is equivalent to the concentration of players in NC + Virginia which can't be true. Or like comparing Oregon to New York...

Archer

Smash Rookie
Lucky and PP are very close, with Lucky always edging it out in the end if i remember correctly at pound 4. Hax still needs to work on his samus game since his loss against Darrell so Hugs got that. I don't think anyone can say SS and Zhu would get killed by Jman and Hbox. Then Mango has M2k. If anything i say West Coast 55-45, if not 60-40.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i dont know who named the regions in smash

but in reailty

east coast is maine to FL

south is like texas and the few states around it

the the rest is mid west

pockyD

Smash Legend
Lucky and PP are very close, with Lucky always edging it out in the end if i remember correctly at pound 4.
you mean "always" those one or two times?

and come on @ those people trying to claim florida as EC for smash; ask any florida player what region they associate with

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i mean if "west" coast is entitled to literally the entire left half of the US, then the "east" coast should be entitled to all of the right. if it were a 5v5 crew battle (as west coast would prefer it to be - after its top 5 wc begins to lack its luster other than lucien imo) it would be very close, i think jman/hbox/pp/myself outdo ss/zhu/lucky/hugs, whereas mango outdoes m2k. it would really just come down to who's playing better.

as of right now, like i said WC is better than "east" coast which is really just northeast lol.

i think an extremely exciting crew battle would be a 6v6: mango/zhu/lucky/hugs/ss/lucien vs m2k/hbox/jman/hax/pp/dsw if it could ever happen
meh, population density? the regions are really just a proxy for the # of people

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
either east is gonna be whack get like 2 more regions and win and then give the mediorce "i told you so speech"

or theyre gonna legimately play west with people that ACTUALLY LIVE IN THE ALANTIC NORTH AREA

and then west coast is gonna be all cocky saying cali is the best when *****s out here don't know **** either lol

but in the end regardless if you have ken, micheal jordan, and wayne gretski on your team

you can still lose if you don't play on point

also, crews are one of the most debatle things, and they literally NEVER HAPPEN

someone gimme a chance to run to crews and make it happen

i got this!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
atlantic north and atlantic south.

<---advocate on not taking south players. whoever mentioned population density...good **** you beat me to it. South is thier own region. winning isnt that important go and change the rulesv so that atlantic north and atlantic south can be combined. these are the geographical names. there is no north east and south east.

c'mon folks lets not look so desparate to beat WC

Adam M!

Smash Lord
lol @ pc chris and chu dat who attend what, one tourny every 3 months? that's why winning crews doesnt determine which coast is better. crews happen once a year, tournaments happen all the time. tourny results = more important.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
thats ********

so there is no east coast

if wc wants to go against ec then we get maine to FL

cuz if not then were just

the north east

wc is like 500 times bigger then the northeast so screw u guys

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't know

it doesn't seem like anybody but the whack new school EC is confused by it... nobody else had trouble understanding it in the past 5 years

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
im not confused

im just saying

east coast

whats the coast

where land borders water

the east part of the united states that borders water...hmmm

oh yea from maine to fl

oh wait smash logic denies this

ok i understand now

HugS™

Smash Lord
Hax doesn't have a samus problem. He just choked.

Anyways,

LoL Florida was considered South when the East Coast pretty much exiled the state back when they had a reputation for being awful.

Now that Florida is on top of things, the EC wants the state back. Haha.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i want florida and md/va

because if not

then yea its true wc would beat the north east

i dont even think it would be close

Hax

Smash Champion
LoL Florida was considered South when the East Coast pretty much exiled the state back when they had a reputation for being awful.

Now that Florida is on top of things, the EC wants the state back. Haha.
correct, what is now "south" is not considered east largely because people like Husband used to sh*t on Florida, which used to suck lol

i suggest 2 crew battles, 1 with "true" east coast and 1 with "fake" (according to smash logic -_-) east coast.

your region is like 4x bigger than us though, we should be entitled to the southeast and respectively you will be entitled to the southwest. then you can stop drawing fake borders that severely limit the real east coast which has its best players scattered all over the place, whereas almost all of fake west coast's best players are concentrated in california, which is exactly why you guys are doing this

sidefx

Smash Champion
i dont think he choked.. i think darrell just ****ing tapped.

but yeah i agree with hugo. florida used to be the butt of all the jokes, and no one wanted it..

but i can see how the coast of the east is from maine to florida. but then again.. if you draw a line from through the middle of the nation. florida resides underneath that line.. and some might even put a label on it. that label is often called "the south" since its.. south of that line.

anyways. california is the only region worth mentioning on the west coast. NE doesnt really have a good player base except for like 2 people. oregon... who? so california is the west coast. east coast is primarily maine to va. you never heard of people from south carolina repping the east coast have you? or even florida for that matter.

either way, you guys will need all the help you can get. that is .. IF everyone on that list for the wc even shows up. crews are dumb. should just be a round robin and see who wins with the most sets.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
lol they're just trolling, dunno why y'all are taking em seriously

plus isn't something like 50 percent of the us population on the east coast

Hax

Smash Champion
i dont think he choked.. i think darrell just ****ing tapped.

you're dumb lol

but i can see how the coast of the east is from maine to florida. but then again.. if you draw a line from through the middle of the nation. florida resides underneath that line.. and some might even put a label on it. that label is often called "the south" since its.. south of that line.

where in the terms "west coast" and "east coast" do you see any relevance to north/south? this image of division between northEAST/southEAST was created in smash's early years and has been maintained till this day because nobody really cared. the crew battle you are envisioning is "southwest coast" vs "northeast coast", sadly that's not what's happening at Apex

anyways. california is the only region worth mentioning on the west coast. NE doesnt really have a good player base except for like 2 people. oregon... who?

this is exactly why you want the crew battle between southwest and northeast, rather than true west coast vs true east coast

so california is the west coast. east coast is primarily maine to va. you never heard of people from south carolina repping the east coast have you? or even florida for that matter.

smash logic
fdsafdafdaf

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ok so if you draw a line though the middle

you only get the top half of cali and whatevers on top

how about now

its stupid that the "east" is divided into only the north east

but the west is the complete west

Top Bottom