• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
bleh, had to switch my youtube account to a different attached google account and somehow that made me lose all my subscriptions. but not my favourites, strangely...

lol i think i glitched youtube. if i scroll down the front page it still shows me uploads from all my subscriptions like usual. but if you click on the actual list i'm not subscribed to any of them anymore.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice

Windrose

Smash Lord
Actually, whatever, I'll register for Apex. I can't think of a scenario in which I wouldn't go.

Not sure, but I think it would lag. I don't believe I've ever played lagless melee outside of using a disc in either a cube or wii. AFAIK devices like that are more for recording.
Don't you have class?

idea

Smash Master
so it's looking like my house for saturday, possibly only later in the day (so starting between like 1 and 5 or something) and going till sunday night.

Dat Coffeeblack.

Edit: Kyle, I might actually stay over :O Depends on what I have to do the next day though :p
coo'

maybe you can tell me why my dazzle has so much input lag when everything else is fine?

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Don't you have class?
Apparently it's the weekend after the first week of class so who cares lol. I think I'd only miss the Monday anyhow.

When I used to play Melee on Dolphin on my desktop the only time it lagged was with >2 players (4 ICs ran like molasses)
Really? I recall a bit of input lag but I never tested it thoroughly and there are a ton of factors so I dunno. I know I tried playing on an SD card in the Wii and it randomly decides to freeze for a few frames here and there.

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
I play on the Wii with Dios Mios and it works 100%.
I don't remember any input lag, but I was using a generic gamepad instead of a gamecube controller.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Apparently it's the weekend after the first week of class so who cares lol. I think I'd only miss the Monday anyhow.

Really? I recall a bit of input lag but I never tested it thoroughly and there are a ton of factors so I dunno. I know I tried playing on an SD card in the Wii and it randomly decides to freeze for a few frames here and there.
Contact me

Rikana

Smash Champion
maybe you can tell me why my dazzle has so much input lag when everything else is fine?
Dazzle as in the hardware device that is used to record gameplay? If so, there is input lag because the device needs to convert the image. Not sure if that's the input lag you're talking about though.

I record with virtual dub.

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
Morbidly fascinating indeed.
Also that's not 16k, posts here don't count towards total.

Edit: Also it's either very impressive or very suspicious that the guy suspected something fourteen cases of which had ever been reported.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
You usually can't play of the recording software's display because of post processing and whatnot, most people get that AV splitter and hook it up to a TV and the recording device separately.

Kinda poopy but them's the poops.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Project m was mad fun. Had lots of funny moments. Good stuff. Thanks for coming over. lol Ike.

Needs more melee now.

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
Hmm, do you mean the display lagging or the actual recording?
the recording is fine, just the display. i think landy \/ already answered my next question though

You usually can't play of the recording software's display because of post processing and whatnot, most people get that AV splitter and hook it up to a TV and the recording device separately.

Kinda poopy but them's the poops.
oh yeahhh that's what those are for. pretty sure that's what i want. thanks :)

now where do i get said splitters? they didn't have some at like a best buy i went to a while ago. but probably at a generic computer store, right?

idea

Smash Master
yeah i thought splitters were an alternative to a dazzle, since i'd never really looked at one closely on its own

mmk cool. you could do a jethrotex episode with special guests: everyone in the toronto melee community.

Top Bottom