• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
landy: more or less

david: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhu-m0pb2c&t=2m37s
what is your opinion of this stock?

bing/eternal/yhii: how was your tournament and traveling experience? didn't see much of you guys despite taking the same bus to the same tournament lol
Other than missing our bus by like 3 minutes and getting trolled by megabus employees, it was pretty fun lol. Sleeping in the venue wasn't too bad and I got a ton of friendlies in. Stacked pool but whatever. I need to play more this summer though... I wanna make bracket at whatever the next non-local after Impulse is (I won't be here for Impulse).

Also, does double jab reset actually beat the SDI? Guess you can't just SDI both hits? Because that's a pretty big loophole lol. Or is it a 50/50 because the second jab would miss if you don't SDI the first one?

EDIT: Also good job against Diakonos, I was literally biting my nails

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
We should sing Ryan a song!

I love pudding, I love fudge. Let's all give Ryan, a birthday ... nudge!

That's all I got :(

Happy birthday bro, all the best... Not all of the best since I may need some, but a good portion of the best, at least for today.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
So who saw the Venus transit? I went out around 6:30 but I couldn't see it, figured I'd try again when it was darker but I lost track of time and by the time I remembered to go out the sun had gone down :(

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
happy birthday ryan!!

regarding double jab reset:

to my knowledge, since i don't see anyone else's response yet and i'd like to see how my approach to it is:

it's mainly just a precautionary for the jabber. the jabbee actually gets double the amount of chances to escape or sdi (since ofc more hits = more chances to sdi).

in the example i think you guys think about for sheik being jabber and falcon being the jabbee, falcons (foremost ss iirc, and mango obv, and now hax) are incredible at sdi'ing the jab from the ground, popping up, and double jumping to safety.

the 2nd jab is to screw over the 2nd jump so they can't do ****.

i think a 3rd jab would happen if falcons ended up waiting for the 2nd jab before attempting a dj escape, but a regrab would probably happen first and be more practical

i dunno tho i'm not a sheik/falcon main, and i always miss the sdi as a spacie LOL tech it or hold a direction to save the trouble >_> and don't main a char with such disheartening MUs LOL

Sanu

Smash Champion
ryan

it's

your

birthday

happy

birthday

ryan

ryan

it's

your

birthday

happy

birthday

ryan

:phone:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i've never had anyone to practise with to see how it is in theory, or thought of it at the times i did,

but if you sdi the jab, can you cc and buffer roll? or would the regrab/2nd jump beat/screw you over?

unknown522

Some guy
Jack. I'm pretty sure that I explained most of that double jab stuff to you.

Maybe it was to other people. Cuz I do talk about it a lot

Edit: thanks for the birthday greetings

cdp

Smash Rookie
I just heard about this weekly friendlies session at AandC. I think I'll make an appearance now that I'm finally living in the city. What time do you guys start/ usually get there?

Engo

Smash Ace
Five dollar fee at the door by the way. I dunno if you remember me cdp I sign up as bernal but we should definitely get some friendlies if you go today. I recall your falco(or was it fox)being pretty good.

Bing

Smash Master
cdp! Me and you at an incredibly close set at the last tournament we faced.(You won via me FireFoxing straight up and trying to di to the ledge, and you just grabbed the ledge, Kind of a hype killer, great set though)

idea

Smash Master
camilo: haven't really heard much about it but based on the first page of the site and the price, yeah probably lol

edit: actually wait, it's in burlington, so less likely but still maybe

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
On a random note I've been looking to change my tag for awhile now and Im thinking of RSG. Ready Set Go. Thoughts?
Not bad. Makes me think of RGB though. Or RSE (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). More importantly, I get the feeling people are still going to call you Bing IRL :p

happy birthday ryan!!

regarding double jab reset:

to my knowledge, since i don't see anyone else's response yet and i'd like to see how my approach to it is:

it's mainly just a precautionary for the jabber. the jabbee actually gets double the amount of chances to escape or sdi (since ofc more hits = more chances to sdi).

in the example i think you guys think about for sheik being jabber and falcon being the jabbee, falcons (foremost ss iirc, and mango obv, and now hax) are incredible at sdi'ing the jab from the ground, popping up, and double jumping to safety.

the 2nd jab is to screw over the 2nd jump so they can't do ****.

i think a 3rd jab would happen if falcons ended up waiting for the 2nd jab before attempting a dj escape, but a regrab would probably happen first and be more practical

i dunno tho i'm not a sheik/falcon main, and i always miss the sdi as a spacie LOL tech it or hold a direction to save the trouble >_> and don't main a char with such disheartening MUs LOL
Thanks. So it's still a guessing game.

I just heard about this weekly friendlies session at AandC. I think I'll make an appearance now that I'm finally living in the city. What time do you guys start/ usually get there?
Cool! I can't come for the next two weeks but I'm looking forward to seeing you there. We haven't played for a while. I think I'm better at not doing stupid things like shielding three lasers -> getting grabbed. What general part of the city do you live in?

Bing

Smash Master
I wouldnt care if people still called me Bing lol, In fact I'd expect it.

However my issue is that one, "Bing" Doesnt sound cool.. at all. two, whenever I name search myself, I get every conversation involving someone using the terms, side bing, up bing, down bing. its annoying lol

Top Bottom