• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I remember watching Hamtaro at 7 in the morning, eating eggs and French Toast cereal when I was 8-9 years old.

Sigh. :(

Windrose

Smash Lord
How the heck does this work?

Is this for falco dittoes? Why is one of the options short hop laser when dealing with lasers at different distances??

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't see the resemblance between Ryan and DMX.

vs.

Ryan's face looks it rounds out around the cheeks differently. I guess the eyes are kind of similar? Ryan's head seems a lot flatter too. Generally wider head too.

idea

Smash Master
anyone wanna pm me a good link for watching avatar...all i can find are really low quality streams and thanks to rogers this torrent is just trucking along at 18.4 kbs.

edit: don't just post it though, technically we're not allowed to do that

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Nvm

Glanced at it and thought it was a different show, I use dubhappy though, I'm not linking it, I'm just saying I love how happy a dub can be sometimes.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
anyone wanna pm me a good link for watching avatar...all i can find are really low quality streams and thanks to rogers this torrent is just trucking along at 18.4 kbs.

edit: don't just post it though, technically we're not allowed to do that
avatar the movie or avatar the show? or avatar the james cameron movie? or korra? if it's korra then i've got a pretty good place to watch it, they upload the newest episode close to it's air time in america too.

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
SO Freaking god damn boreeeeeeeeeeeeeed

WHEN"S SMASHFEST WHEN U NEED IT YUMYUMYUMYUM BREWIRJEIWJR

JPOBS

Smash Hero
metal is earth in pretty much every fantasy fiction ever.

Earth benders for life tho. The other benders are a bunch of chumps

weon - X

Smash Ace
@ kyle I thought the same thing about earth but it'll make sense later

water is OP

I dunno how the hell people dodge lightning in avatar....

idea

Smash Master
yeah i can see that in theory. the air has water vapour. and our bodies are mostly water, you could freeze someone's veins and/or lungs and/or skin.

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
everywhere you go, Zuko is there.

Still, he's the best character in the fire book IMO
he's definitely the worst in the ice book though. Same with Shamalama-ding-dong. and let's not forget that little speech he made.

Windrose

Smash Lord
is that the catholic high school on steeles?

i know a few people that go/went to that high school that play. they're alright ie. they know how to play the game....actually i only know one person and he goes to mcmaster now

EDIT:

YES...this IS that stupid catholic school.

i hate that school

let me go and take their money plz....they kicked me out of their summer school class for data management cuz they said it was FULL.

EVEN THOUGH I already signed the stupid form and they told me it WASN'T full.

Apparently one of the stupid data management teachers wasn't able to teach so we were all cramped into one room and they had to cut off a bunch of TDSB students and i was RIGHT ON THE CUT OFF BORDER.

I learned afterwards from my friend in that class taht many catholic school kids dropped out a few days later and that there were many spaces left by the end of the semester.

BECUASE OF THAT STUPID SCHOOL I NEVER LEARNED DATA MANAGEMENT.

TL;DR

brebuff is gonna get their *** kicked.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I think I might go to that. Maybe I'll win the price of a McDonald's burger. That's be nice. Windrose, have you gone to obscure tournaments like this before? I dunno what to expect. Closest I've seen is the UofT tournaments which aren't that hard (two best players were around your level I think and they quit, so now I'm one of the best lol).

unknown522

Some guy
lol, I went for a tourney there a few years ago. Got like $5....

They had all stages on and they had an elimination point system with FFA for 3 rounds, 3 stocks (I remember getting 3rd in one of the games cuz we got Flat Zone and I got super tool combo'd to death twice, and a pikachu back throw once (something similar happened to marco in his block too). After all that, the top 8 advanced to a single elim bracket, where it was 1v1, Bo1. I had Afro Chris first round. Then after making a dent in his ******* in a ganon ditto, he then started to come do david's house to learn the ATs and stuff.

Marco and I faced in the finals, but I let him for personal reasons in a DK ditto. We also decided to do 4 stocks. We split the money then went to David's house/Wendy's.

Also, afro chris and tin man were students at the school. They were both also at the tourney (I think Tin hosted it).

Oh and also Rekanize (Arndrei) for those who remember him.

Edit: Marco and I went to some of their after school fests as well, playing smash and mario kart

edit 2: Windrose, Alan, or other chinese people. Translate 'Jiu Long Bao Lei'.

It's some attack from shaman King.

he's definitely the worst in the ice book though. Same with Shamalama-ding-dong. and let's not forget that little speech he made.

What a twist!

Windrose

Smash Lord
damn...that picture is censored by china for some reason...i wonder what it is...

this tournament is right in kirbykaze's neighbourhood....it'd be hilarious if he just showed up and schooled those catholic kids.

@lyan: the tournament is running MBR rules but for some unknown522 raisins, it's a two day event. OK!

EDIT:

i'd like to take this time to talk about data management.

for any of y'all folks still in high school....data management is probably one of the most useful and applicable mathematics you will learn in high school (well calculus is important too but that's beside the point).

You learn how to deal with real life stuff like...

If there are 12 individual melee players and 6 different setups...how many different combinations of players to setups can there be in total for singles or doubles!!

Or for camilo:

if there are 4 different taco toppings and 2 different taco shells(white and whole wheat...but who eats whole wheat anyways? that's for apple consumers), how many different kinds of tacos can weon-x make? (you can use up to 3 toppings on your tacos)

this...PLUS MUCH MORE...that i never got to learn cuz of brebuff!!!!! :@:@:@:@:@:@::@

Windrose

Smash Lord
coming back tomorrow! will be back in toronto on monday.

there's gonna be a lot of smash in the GTA scene this summer

Engo

Smash Ace
Windrose, and who ever else is interested, I think I'd be down to go to that tourney. It's the same week as our tourney so not only can you get your revenge but we can let people know about the tourney and promote the amateur bracket and stuffz

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Watching a movie every night for the next month. Everyone post your favs for recommendations. As much or as little as you care to.

No anime :awesome:

Top Bottom