• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
You two.

come to starfurry, lol. This is probably gonna be the last big tournament before brawl comes out so you might want to like, come. :]
The fact that I just started playig Smash 3 months ago, and that Starfurry was mostlikely the last big tourny saddens me. I mean, I need the practice. I know that I'M still going to play Melee everyday after Brawl comes out, but I can't convince everyone else to.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
The fact that I just started playig Smash 3 months ago, and that Starfurry was mostlikely the last big tourny saddens me. I mean, I need the practice. I know that I'M still going to play Melee everyday after Brawl comes out, but I can't convince everyone else to.
Chances are you're probably going to be one of the last people to still play Melee because most people will have moved on to Brawl so I guess you can just take the tips that people give you now, wait for Brawl and start fresh with everyone in Brawl so you can get good in Brawl because like I said most people will be playing Brawl by then so there will be little to no Melee Tourneys left to play.

I'm not trying to tell you to quit Melee, I'm just saying most everyone else will be leaving Melee and taking their skills and will be applying it to Brawl.

SSB64 to Melee was a big difference with all the new techniques; imagine how it will be from Melee to Brawl.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Chances are you're probably going to be one of the last people to still play Melee because most people will have moved on to Brawl so I guess you can just take the tips that people give you now, wait for Brawl and start fresh with everyone in Brawl so you can get good in Brawl because like I said most people will be playing Brawl by then so there will be little to no Melee Tourneys left to play.

I'm not trying to tell you to quit Melee, I'm just saying most everyone else will be leaving Melee and taking their skills and will be applying it to Brawl.

SSB64 to Melee was a big difference with all the new techniques; imagine how it will be from Melee to Brawl.
But what if Brawl isn't that big of an upgrade tech/skill wise? Imo, I think the gameplay will be very similar. Also, the Ontario Smash scene is going to continue hosting Melee tournaments.

But yeh, I will be getting Brawl for Christmas. No doubt considering my Girlfriend pre-ordered it. So yeh, I'll be starting along with everyone else because 22 days won't really make much of a difference will it? But then again, I'm not going to start playing serious until I have everything unlocked. I mean, I can play serious WHILE unlocking stuff, but I won't really compete for about 6 months or longer.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I know your pain, but trust me. For the most part people will still play this game, they just won't put sooo much effort into it, but some of the better players don't even need to since their soo good so you guys are fine. So get better.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'm still going to be hosting Smashturbation throughout the year for Melee and unless Brawl takes over and wipes out Melee I probably will continue to do so.

efex

Smash Cadet
man move on from mele there are better things like guilty gear in your life

adnan made a bad moves introducing me to guilty gears, now i own the whole collection of games, starting from the original ....why did you do this to me adnan ... I KNOW INFINITES THAT DONT EVEN MATTER ANY MORE CAUSE WHO IN THE WHOLE PLAYS PSX GUILTY GEAR !!!!!!!! i even started playing the rumble fish man -_-;; and i also went back to marvel vs capcom 2....adnan call me sometime and wlel play smash or something , you'll be amazed how guilty gears makes you good at everything :D

efex

Smash Cadet
GUILTY GEAR YOU LIFE,
ACCENT CORE THE FRESH MAKER!

my post are invisibles to the internets

efex

Smash Cadet
i know this is a double post , but i was thinking about starting a message board on my webhosting since i dont use it =\ like get just the whole toronto/sauga/whateverplacemaybe community and discuss all games and crap or something like that

efex

Smash Cadet
i know this is a double post , but i was thinking about starting a message board on my webhosting since i dont use it =\ like get just the whole toronto/sauga/whateverplacemaybe community and discuss all games and crap or something like that
wow that sounds like a great idea you should do it man , that way we can explore other possible games like the guilty gear series i heard it was greatz.

efex

Smash Cadet
well they said they had a rule for double posting, but i didnt see one for triple posting BOOYAKASHAHAHA

efex

Smash Cadet
hey man i'm with that efex guy he's really got a point about diversifying the gaming community , what is guilty gears it sounds very interesting maby you can link us to some info

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You're weak Matt. I already came from the other side... (2d fighters).

If I had the game though I'd hella do it up and give peeps a run for their money, but alas....

efex

Smash Cadet
lawlzzzzz

i think my post ratio is 1/3 because for me to get a full post i must post on the board exactly 3 times, if i get 2/3 thats almost 33% you guys dont see.../endrant

GUILTY GEAR YOU LIFE,
ACCENT CORE THE COMBO MAKER.

efex

Smash Cadet
You're weak Matt. I already came from the other side... (2d fighters).

If I had the game though I'd hella do it up and give peeps a run for their money, but alas....
lol i came from 2d fighters to , i was up on that nintendo playing KARATE since i was like 3 mounths old....yes i really was this young when my dad put that rectangular chalice into my hands

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
But to David, every one of your posts makes mean x2000 than what they do to everyone else, rofl. Come by Saturday to Matt's, we're gonna have a smashfest.

efex

Smash Cadet
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ok enough efex madness for tonight i'd thought i'd catch up for the 3 mounths i missed :D

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I forgot to ask, is anyone else as ****ing pumped for brawl as I am after seeing the latest update!?
I mean holly ****! You got ssj Ness right there....

efex

Smash Cadet
meh my pump for brawl is medicore but i do wanna play snake =], adnan can you get jamal to come with his accent cores ? cause after the prozac runs out on falco and he relizes he has down syndrome he would like to play accent core

efex

Smash Cadet
did you just relized we molested the boards with one full page of just me adnan and runawayfires. man the poeple tomorrow are gonna go ape **** over this.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
did you just relized we molested the boards with one full page of just me adnan and runawayfires. man the poeple tomorrow are gonna go ape **** over this.
They'll check their emailz and be "ZOMG TORONTO THREADZ" and then see like your bull****. LOLLL seriously man, you gotta come by and play some smash. omg some noob did the FUNNIEST combo on me, I cracked the **** up.

dash attack > shine > firefox

LOLOLOL Falco btw.

efex

Smash Cadet
They'll check their emailz and be "ZOMG TORONTO THREADZ" and then see like your bull****. LOLLL seriously man, you gotta come by and play some smash. omg some noob did the FUNNIEST combo on me, I cracked the **** up.

dash attack > shine > firefox

LOLOLOL Falco btw.
adnan are you calling me a noob ? cause i specifically remember doing that **** to you

Top Bottom