• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend will be coming to every tournament there is for probably the rest of smash history. And I hope the rest of sauga can man up, if stupid 15 year old kids can do it then you can too. If you could put it somewhere near sauga that would be awesome cuz if not, after a couple of weeks of traveling sauga probably wouldn't come anymore (big woop yea i know.)

Can't wait for the smashfest tommorow, pumped.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Me and my friend will be coming to every tournament there is for probably the rest of smash history. And I hope the rest of sauga can man up, if stupid 15 year old kids can do it then you can too. If you could put it somewhere near sauga that would be awesome cuz if not, after a couple of weeks of traveling sauga probably wouldn't come anymore (big woop yea i know.)

Can't wait for the smashfest tommorow, pumped.

Omg man, this is the attitude I have been searching for in a sauga smasher :000!

It's a ranking battle btw, lol. We'll talk more tommorrow mang. finalfury99athotmail.com is the MSNz man.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
lol If it's a tournament, we'll make it. SoS was pretty far out east for us, but we showed up.
Now picture this, SoS was like 3 blocks from my house.... I have to do that trip every single time.
Wooohooo! Long *** trip tomorrow to sauga! I get more books read this way hahaha.
For the sake of last minute trash talk: I'm going to eat babies tomorrow.

Hammabro

Smash Apprentice
^^ At least you will be there. >.> No one plays around Toronto and every tournament I hear about in the GTA is farther and farther away.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
^^ At least you will be there. >.> No one plays around Toronto and every tournament I hear about in the GTA is farther and farther away.

Man, you sure are causing a problem on the Canada forums with that. There are too many Toronto players, really.

What is the street you live on?

(This mindhax is brought to you by TyrantWolf)

Hammabro

Smash Apprentice
I DID! D: I'm not trying to cause a problem but I'll shut up if you think I'm asking to many questions. I've seriously looked around and haven't seen anyone on a competitive level around here. As for the other post I'm around the lakeshore area.

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts i dont care if it was a rankings battle i had a great time.

Imadh: Hmm, I don't even know what to say, I got a couple of wins against u, but u r still on a bit higher level then I am. Next tourney I hope we get to play alot more because its enjoyable playing against u, plus ur a great guy.

DB: Lmao ur hilarious, i dont know why but the things u said were very funny, I think our sets could have gone either way.......except for the one in the brackets, u tore me. I hope to play against u again at the next tournament. (you and imadh were both wearing long black t's =O)

David: You are simply smarter then me, no johns. You're not gay, you're good. I hope we get to play again since ur fun to play with, but I will not be beating you for a while. Btw, you make me lol.

Bernard: Lol you're black and ur names bernard. LOL that was funny. you're smart and you play fox, how is a 15 year old luigi supposed to win. At least I got u down to 1 stock a couple times? Great job, you probably won this tourney. Oh yea and ur falcon is goodz

Adnan: We tied that set man lol, that coulda gone either way. Btw you're pro at directions and a great guy to hang around. Hope I get to play u lots more.

Nate: NOOOOOOOOOO GOD **** U! I wanted that set SO BAD. Brinstar is ****ing ******** and the last match on FD was very close. But you outsmarted me in the end so props for that, it seems u do better against others with jiggs but ur peach is better against my weeg.
Can't wait to play u again.

Andy: lmao anytime i said something to u i got no reply. You are very quiet. Bad idea going game and watch, u shoulda kept samus u would have taken our set. I like your modded wii. and your gdubbs is still pwnsauce

Mike(the marth player)?: i dont know who u are, but u look EXTREMELY SCARY WHEN U PLAY. Good job taking our set, cant wait for our next set of matches.

Matt: I didnt really get to know u that well, but thanks alot for allowing us all to come to ur house, that was very fun (even though it did take a while). Everyone needs time to get used to weeg.

Edit: While reading this over I realize my shoutout to David can be interpreted in a very diffrent way.......

And can other people make shoutouts plz, I always feel like such a loner :(

D.B

Smash Ace
I DID! D: I'm not trying to cause a problem but I'll shut up if you think I'm asking to many questions. I've seriously looked around and haven't seen anyone on a competitive level around here. As for the other post I'm around the lakeshore area.
Nahh it's good to ask questions I don't know how close you are to everyone else though just ask around I guess?

I'll write shout outs later im too lazy XD Coolhat black t's FTW

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Results

1st - Bernard/RaynEX
2nd - David/Dragonhawk
3rd - Imadh/I.B
4th - Adnan/Lone Wolf (lulzy spot, everyone knows why)
5th - Andy/Lanowen

XDDD @ Coolhat's shoutout. :] Glad you guys made it out well. That Dreamland match was absolutely epic. More of that on the shoutout. Which will have to wait till tomorrow D:

Good stuff. The current GTA Rankings go by as follow.

Edit: Rankings will be looked over and stuff. blah blah blah n__n

Yes, the 10th spot is a bit random but whatever, we'll talk more about that. Also Nate, your also officially my 2nd Panelist. :0 pass up your email via facebook so that I can MSN you.

D

Deleted member

So I come back and see that we're starting to set up a GTA Rankings, that's cool and all.

The panelists I have in mind are definitely as follows

Me
Noah
Andy
Daniel
Nate
Adnan
Imadh
Bernard
Edit: Not a final list, and I'm sure we could see new faces.

That should give us a definitely accurate PR when we figure it all out comparitively.
We got 3 directors in that list and we all know the community.

Let it be known that is it our full intention to make it very balanced, unlike the EC PR which is based on your frenchness. Noah and I can say pineapple in French and win a few matches. I think they were fooled.

Either way, we're gonna also have a list of potentials. So if you're on that list, it means you're getting better quickly and it's probable we'll see you in the list in some time. So that should build community morale.

Yeah guys, Toronto > Montreal in organized rankings. Trust me.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Bernard: lol you are insane. I like your Fox. Come to my biweekly. This makes twice we've met in the finals and you've taken my money. This has to stop. So, lol, after crappy performances twice I dunno. Third time's the charm. You're going down son. GGs btw.

Adnan: *hug* :lick: *hug* Also it's nice to see you getting better. You really are being better. I can't sandbag against you anymore... or else FoD happens and I suddenly find myself underneath Peach while she's masturbating. I mean D-smashing. GGs though, I really should just stick to banning Mute City and win on Dreamland.

Andy: lol 0-104% sheik's so overwhelmingly straight it hurts. Umm, I liked our friendlies. And I don't shield too much. I don't think I do anyways. Hmm. I think I have to find more ways to be gay with Sheik.

Nate: lol needle camping. Are you sure your Jiggs will pwn my Fox? I think this is like the second time you've had counterpick and I've hurt it. A lot. I'll admit; no other Fox lasers like I do in this area, or rather, no Fox realizes that approaching you is suicide in bubblegum form but honestly what is with all this "lol Fox = dead because I = Jiggs" crap. Fawks >>> Jiggs. Lasers. And they work ffs. I've proven they work. Twice.

Imadh: That should have been a 3-1 for me. I was going for ICs in our second Falco game but we'd already started so I was like whatever. Meh. I suppose I just won't take Falco to Battlefield as Sheik for future reference. Not a john, you were just too quick. I'm going to tell you what I've told everyone; you won't beat me with a Marth. Mike is the only Marth I worry about around here (and I still usually win).

Dzenan: lol Happy Feet. It's a mindgame. Your Falcon needs to work on its combo game and to work on its platform combo game if you plan to use Battlefield and Yoshi's as counterpicks. Know your percentages; Falcon is so hard to eyeball (he's not Sheik). You don't exact numbers, but 40-60 you u-throw on [insert character] for combo and basic information like that. A few counterpicks were eyebrow raisers but otherwise your Falcon's nice. Iunno. I'm just really gay to Falcon. Learn to tech d-smash.

Mike: You're right here. I don't see anything worth saying. Marth is meh.

Coolhat: Luigi :lick: Luigi :lick:. Luigi's awesome man. I'm really gay to them because of pratice vs Run and really, my U-air is so insanely gay in that matchup (as ICs). Keep working at it and we'll see some nice stuff from you. I have high hopes that you'll become the new low tier to beat.

Tai: lol. Marth beating me. Honestly I'd just play Falco and pray I don't use my ICs rofl. I really like your Marth. It greatly amuses me and it's fast as **** but really... it's Marth. I play vs Ambrose and Mike and Julian on a regular basis. Marth is not horrible for me.

Grmo: I maintain if you played non-technical characters like Sheik and Marth you'd do well. They're not noob characters god-dammit and even if they are, who cares. They win. Besides which they compliment your awkward technical abilities like your ability to tech random hits. I think you'd be a good Sheik tbh but Marth would work too, your spacing is good enough to build upon to make a decent Marth.

Matt: Thanks for hosting. Why doesn't hot greek matt love me? :( lol at tech skills used in last stock.

Anyone else: Your probably worth forgetting. (lol j/k Drolian I'm just bored and will post moar later). ttyl.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Let it be known that is it our full intention to make it very balanced, unlike the EC PR which is based on your frenchness. Noah and I can say pineapple in French and win a few matches. I think they were fooled.

Yeah guys, Toronto > Montreal in organized rankings. Trust me.
Excuse me?

The high-ranking Montrealers always place higher than the Ontarian PRers in tournaments, hence they are generally higher on the PR. This is how a ranking list is supposed to work. If you just want an internet list with all your friends on it, then go make an NNR PR. Also, you're an EC PR panelist too, if you don't think the list is balanced then you share some of the blame. Don't try to act like you weren't involved.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Yesterday was a lot of fun. First of all, thanks to Adnan and Matt for making it happen. Anyway...

Madnan: You're getting a lot better. I think you were actually playing better than me yesterday, so I have to catch up. But don't worry, I'll challenge you soon.

Andy: Those matches were fun, especially the one on Onett XD. Your Samus is awesome as always, but I think it could be a lot scarier if you mastered SWD. Your Marth is getting pretty good too, especially considering you've only been playing him for 2 weeks.

David: Yellow Battle! Those matches were fun. You've left me in the dust skill-wise; I don't think I can beat you now. I'll get better though, don't worry. Nice job getting second.

Matt: I BEAT VERTEX BETA :D. I don't think you check the boards much, but oh well. Your Sheik was actually not bad, but I can't remember enough of it.

Bernard: Your playing is inspiringly technical. I learned a lot from facing you; I hope we can play again soon.

Dzenan: Your Falcon has suffered a bit from being away, but it's still good. As David said, you should work on combos, but I found your pressure game to be pretty good. You just need to pull some more spontaneous stuff sometimes. Trust me, it'll benefit. lol FFR, keep it up.

Mike: lol FD counterpick with spacies. Those matches were fun. You've got a tricky playing style to read for some reason, but I seem to do best against you with Marth dittos so I'll stick with that.

Imadh: I think you're almost as pro level. I don't know how you got so good that fast, it's almost overwhelming. Keep it up and you'll be top tier.

Tai: I enjoyed playing against you: your spacing is awesome, and I think you'd kick *** if you used more aerial combos.

Jeff: LOL red falco = michael jackson. He doesn't kill, he just *****. we didn't really get to play much; we should get together and have a bunch of matches again some time. Pingu for top tier!

Nate: We hardly got to play, except for those team matches. lol @ team peach; you ***** us. Keep it up though, your Peach is awesome.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
ffs just wait until i post my biweekly thread.

D

Deleted member

Excuse me?

The high-ranking Montrealers always place higher than the Ontarian PRers in tournaments, hence they are generally higher on the PR. This is how a ranking list is supposed to work. If you just want an internet list with all your friends on it, then go make an NNR PR. Also, you're an EC PR panelist too, if you don't think the list is balanced then you share some of the blame. Don't try to act like you weren't involved.
I know that Quebec > Ontario in skill. I haven't much say in the EC PR. I had a moderate involvement in the placing of 10th-15th in version 1, and since then, I've had one or two people message me for a quick judgment ... which were people who I play with on a regular basis.

The EC PR is not correct. If you believe this, then that's fine with me. This post isn't a john or a whine to be higher. I'd say the top 5ish are pretty spot on, but the rest gets really hazy.

So excuse me for wanting to bring balance and insight into how these things are created - Toronto's smash community is not the beast that Montreal's is, so it has to be handled a little more delicately.

We're just trying to make a more accurate representation of the skill level. If it works out, it won't be updated every year or so, a la EC PR. The EC PR also doesn't have a runner's up list which I tried very hard to get going but I guess Quebec didn't like it.

"a la" is French guys

Besides. This forum is all about trash-talk. I hate you Cameron. <3.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Kso, good **** guise. Even though I wasn't there for moast of it, it was still pretty much the moast ever.

How long did it last?

Shoutouts~

sadnan :'( - Don't look so sad, mang. Good **** organizing that shiz, good Peach. lol @ gay counterpicks. When's the next time we can meet, cuz smash aside, I owe you 5 bucks because I forgot my wallet so I couldn't pay the tourney fee. >____> YOU ALSO LIEEEEE, you told me Nate goes crazy when he gets a rest. D:

Matt- Even though you probably aren't reading this, thanks for the housing, getting better too. Don't I owe you a buck for the housing or something? Why did you not feel like playing though? D:

Nate- wooooooo, awesome playing mate. Haha, it was cool because you seemed pretty chill even though I never met you before. :( @ crouching my grabs and resting me. Can you crouch Sheik's dash attacks? :3 I haf to TRY Flaco against you next time. </needle>

Dzenan- ZOMG @ your tech chasing today. It doesn't look like you're rusty, IMHO, but everyone is getting better so fast. >:/ Good **** on that Yoshi's story match even though those two SDs @ those percents were mondo gay for me. lol @ me SDing and saving you at FD, >___>; I lost that match, I just remembered, D: . Good **** @ reverse Falcon punch mindgames, those were sexcellent. LOL

Bernard - TOOOO GOOD. D: WTF, I want to play moar matches against you, too fun, even though you ***** me in the *** with no lube. LOL @ FFAs

Imadh- I wanted to play you moar, >___>....maybe on another day, you kinda shook me up that day. D:

Grmo - Red Falco = thriller Michael Jackson.

"Ahhh, how are you at 170 percent?!"

'...well, Michael Jackson can't kill...he just *****.'

LOL!

>___>; **** Falco dittos, even though I'm getting better at them. I tried new combos, and <3 fsmash. Shine from shield and dodge then shine > Falco. We need to play some moar mangz. Also tell Jeffman to man up and play. >:/

Coolhat - I think David stole your cool hat. His hat was pretty **** cool. Good luigi, lol @ misfires. Remind me to play you with Falco and Samus next time. <___<; Speaking of, gimme your MSN mangz, you live in 'Sauga and are around my age, so next time you can prolly play with us if I host something at my house (>:/ Thar Dzenan and Imadh, I think I found someone else if Grmo is away) whuz ur naem agan

Kevin- Good shiz, I always wanted to play a Link. I also play Link, we should have a ditto. Sorry about the lasers mang, and LOL @ Flaco's grabs.

Imadh- You deserve two shoutouts because you owned me that hard.
MINGDAME'D YOU

Landy- Good shiz, so...i herd u haf troubl wif flacos. I should play Flaco next time. Also, sorry, but my Sheik stole your power pretzels, D: . SHOOP DA WHOOP! IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER. IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER. LOL.

Tai- How do I know your name? ....*stalker laugh*. BTW, D: are you ever gonna put up the vids you recorded in Clash of The Sauga? Good marf, do you go on smashboards. I herd that's a good site. >__>; whaz ur usernaem

Mike- lulz u nevr poekd me.

*I pokesu in a match*

"NOW WHAT, *****

-roflrofl-

lol @ Azen Marf. >____> Chain grab isn't that bad. D: I couldn't shien outta any grabs yesterday, arrgh. Random tippers are too good. </lazer>

Gayvid- LOL @ Playboy pyjamas. Woooooow, good Sheik mang. Good **** @ ICs. I think you stole Coolhat's cool hat. You're a funnah feller. lol @ shield break.

James- WHERE THE **** WERE YOUUUUUU

-/SHOUTOUTS-

kso, who got hit by my gay-*** rest combo? LOL, it was like...ledgehop sing, grab, pound...rest.

MY SHEIK WAS ON STEROIDS THAT DAYYYYYY. Maybe I'll start playing moar Sheik....or moar confidence in Flaco. <____<; Iunno.

To every Marf player there: .__. Not a good day against Marf, I'll tell you that much, D: </john>

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
kso

is the ranking going to be made with the intention of padding nnr's great ego or is this one going to be like accurate or something.

i mean i'm looking at the ranking panelists and there's like 5 nnrs vs 3 non-nnrs from sauga, the scarborough people have a different community anyways and probably have different beliefs, etc. i'm just wondering why nnr seems to have a disproportionate representation in comparison to their collective skill level, not to mention population (we have more people in both communities don't even argue that). Obviously population doesn't play a huge role given that jake and noah are probably top 2, but that said, the rest of you aren't... exceptions include bernard and bernard and bernard and not nate or daniel.

just putting that out there.

not a flame, i'm just saying that - based off panelists - it seems plausible to assume that the list will be:

NNr
NNr
NNr
NNr
NNr
Imadh
NNr
NNr
Andy

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
hahahahaha

I hate to agree with David but that seems pretty plausible
meh. people hate agreeing with me, why again?

remember kiddies. logic and reason aren't used in rankings. daniel imo gets 3rd on ranking magically (or better) because he doesn't have to attend tourneys to get ranked high; clearly, despite popular word, these are then based on more then tournament results.

DLSix

Smash Rookie
Hmm...can't believe I never found this site before now, I've always been looking for someone to give me a challenge in some smash, I live in the Rexdale, Etobicoke, Ontario area, anyone know of any kinda tourneys or anything of that sort happening around here? I haven't lost a 1 on 1 match in smash 64 or melee in a longgg time...and I won the tourneys in both games at my university (McMaster University) so I'm really wondering if I'm as good as my friends think....or if I've just not gone to any real competitions (Which is what I expect).

At any rate I just wanted to introduce myself (Name's Michael, hiya!) and ask if anyone knows of any smash tourneys happening around my area at some point in the near future. Thanks! ^_^

Hammabro

Smash Apprentice
:D I'd be up for a match or two with you, as for tourney's and such right I'm pretty sure there won't be one for a little (note: little) while. I myself have been waiting for an oppurtunity to take part in one of these tourneys. Though it seems a little intimidating since people around here sound older >_>;

DLSix

Smash Rookie
Well I'm 19 now, I'm just curious as to when a big thing will be, cause I dunno how comfortable going to some random internet person's house to play a couple fun games of smash would be. Though I'm not totally against it as long as it's within biking distance for me. ;)

D

Deleted member

kso

is the ranking going to be made with the intention of padding nnr's great ego or is this one going to be like accurate or something.

i mean i'm looking at the ranking panelists and there's like 5 nnrs vs 3 non-nnrs from sauga, the scarborough people have a different community anyways and probably have different beliefs, etc. i'm just wondering why nnr seems to have a disproportionate representation in comparison to their collective skill level, not to mention population (we have more people in both communities don't even argue that). Obviously population doesn't play a huge role given that jake and noah are probably top 2, but that said, the rest of you aren't... exceptions include bernard and bernard and bernard and not nate or daniel.

just putting that out there.

not a flame, i'm just saying that - based off panelists - it seems plausible to assume that the list will be:

NNr
NNr
NNr
NNr
NNr
Imadh
NNr
NNr
Andy
Alright. Um. K.

David, I can handle your jokes and the ******* things you say to people like doing slug battles or something stupid like that, but this kinda **** really irks me.

FIRST OF ALL, what you're doing here is one of the reasons that PRs only spell trouble. So thank you David, for expecting me to ruin my integrity by riddling the list with nepotism.

The fact remains that being in NNR is very loose. Bernard is NNR, but what does that really mean? The only time I see Bernard is when we smash and that's usually only at tournaments. I have no other contact with him, unless we all go for food after a fest or something. Which is rare.

If you seem to forget, Bernard has won the last 2 events in a row. So given that, it's not only a valid reason for him to be on the PR, but I know his skill level and thus he has a probably high ranking.

You, for some reason, seem to think that you're better than the best in NNR. That's not true. I can tell you that for sure the top 4 will be NNR. But after that it's pretty much a toss up between a hell of a lot of people.

The reason the top 4 are pretty definite is because they're good, and they've proven themselves.

I played smash with Daniel every day this past week for a couple hours each day, and if you try to tell me that you are better than Daniel I will laugh at you several times and tell you to stop wearing stupid Family Guy tee shirts. Yeah, this **** just got personal. I take great offense to the "plausibility" you seem to see.

The rest of what you say is true. The rest of NNR is not, I repeat, NOT, on caliber with our best.

Our best is Me, Noah, Daniel, Bernard. Not necessarily in that order. Nate's fairly high up there too. Let me give you a hint. We had a long talk last night and it's pretty certain you're above Nate, so I think you have your wish there.

Coincidentally, us 4 will likely be the top rankers. It is not nepotism.

If you believe that, then **** off and train harder. Like honestly, expect the elite Toronto crew to dominate the PR much like we dominate every tournament we attend in the GTA.

I'm sorry, but..

Are you dumb?

Honestly.

The list will be balanced. Just leave it at that. In fact David, I don't see why you can't be a panelist. You have skewed views, but if you feel that you want to have your fairly irrelevant say then by all means.

Delorted burns hurt my friend.

DLSix

Smash Rookie
Nice, so August 17'th eh, awesome. I can't wait. ^_^ If anything sooner comes up let me know...though the mississauga thing kinda might get in the way, well we'll see what happens.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
david, i hope you didnt get a bad impression from T8.

The discussion for the gta PR was unbiaseed and thoroughly discussed. impersonal, objective judgments were made for the rankings. Adnan represented sauga area adequately and agreed with the rest of the panelists.

and all doubts will be proven or disproven over the course of the up coming tourneys. no worries. its just for funnsies to motivate peepz. none of this is personal, at all.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
david, i hope you didnt get a bad impression from T8.

The discussion for the gta PR was unbiaseed and thoroughly discussed. impersonal, objective judgments were made for the rankings. Adnan represented sauga area adequately and agreed with the rest of the panelists.

and all doubts will be proven or disproven over the course of the up coming tourneys. no worries. its just for funnsies to motivate peepz. none of this is personal, at all.
Alright. Like I told Del, I felt that there was one thing done in the working list that should be switched. However, we discussed it and I concluded I'd wait on future tournament results before I argued again.

I'm fine with the ranking at the moment.

And lol yeah I'm taking this too seriously. This is for lulz more than anything else.

Top Bottom